Is this what the knicks need?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
donchris you dont understand. You want to Artest to be suspended half the season for doing stupid stuff like that? Not only will we miss his presents on the court, but we will be hated and talked about by media, and other teams for months/years, not like I care, + side Artest is a defender and isn't to bad on the offensive end.

I'm not an advocate of violence but unless you have a crystal ball you don't know what Artest will do. He hasn't had any major problems in Sacramento has he? People make mistakes. I think Artest is a nutjob but I think the reward out weighs the risk. He's got two years remaining. We give him a little playing time and if he acts a damn fool bench him. Just look at the long list of guys we pay to do absolutely nothing.

Allan Houston
Luke Longley
Jerome James
Malique Rose
Penny Hardaway

It shouldn't be a problem bringing Artest in. But I have read that Artest may go to Orlando and we may get Turk.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
yeah... but he could also fuck up our chemistry... jermaine o'neal lost games and money helping artest at the palace... stood up for him during the media attacks... then he felt betrayed by him... these are facts... if artest can alienate a man that was willing to go to war for him... to defend his actions when the world condemned them... then why is no one willing to admit that he can alienate his knick teammates... he did it in sacto this season... and now they realize they can win without him... they actually do better without him than with him... so let's not rush to get this cat just because he has talent and the attitude that we miss... rasheed has never been a negative locker room influence... every one of his teammates talks about how good he is... so despite their control issues on the court... sheed is more stable dealing with his colleagues... i hope that ron doesn't disrupt this locker room... we need a calming influence... not a divisive one...

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
yeah... but he could also fuck up our chemistry... jermaine o'neal lost games and money helping artest at the palace... stood up for him during the media attacks... then he felt betrayed by him... these are facts... if artest can alienate a man that was willing to go to war for him... to defend his actions when the world condemned them... then why is no one willing to admit that he can alienate his knick teammates... he did it in sacto this season... and now they realize they can win without him... they actually do better without him than with him... so let's not rush to get this cat just because he has talent and the attitude that we miss... rasheed has never been a negative locker room influence... every one of his teammates talks about how good he is... so despite their control issues on the court... sheed is more stable dealing with his colleagues... i hope that ron doesn't disrupt this locker room... we need a calming influence... not a divisive one...

That right there is the reason why im not in love with the idea of artest being here. not the off the court issues or his previous stuff, but his commitment to his teamates. After what his teamates did to help him when he was suspended and to then ask for a trade is hard to swallow. I dont want any of that happening here.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn View Post
Is this what the Knicks need.. .FUCK YEA.. Like Howie said, I miss those knicks teams, yea we got techs and ejections and a like, but teams knew to think twice b4 coming in the lane, and before trying to commit a hard foul on us. Are defense is lacking, so bring him in and let him show us how it's done.. we need to start cracking some heads again in the Garden ...

Did those Knick teams win us any titles?? NO!!!!!!!!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Did those Knick teams win us any titles?? NO!!!!!!!!

"Fuck the Zach Randolph Trade"
Don't be Naive man. That Knicks was not high on talent as this Knicks team is. Those Knicksteam were high on heart and determination. There was 1 great player and others who knew their role and played it perfectly. and even without all the talent in the world, they would still take the bulls to 7 games or fight them tooth and nail till they were knocked out.

Can you friggin imagine what would have happened if the Knicks back then would have had someone like Marbury, young talent to develop around them like Frye(b4 the trade) Lee, Collins, Balkman.. it would have been crazy. But they didnt they had C level talent that played @ A level, and I think some1 like Artest would bring that kind of heart back to the Garden. The knicks now have more talent but aren't playing on a level equal to their talent... once we bring Artest in(if we bring him in) he will bring that Fire and Desire and instill in the knicks that will to fuckin win at any cost..

Bombay

Rookie
I've been meditating on this all week. and I now realize the importance of having Artest. As of right now David Lee leg injury as been misdiagnosed repeatly. I question can and will he be able to grind out 82 games without reinjury? Second, David Lee cannot play the SF fulltime because he doesnt have the required jumpshot or speed that teams look for in a small foward. Most sf can hit the three and knock down the 15 footer. So this will be another skill Lee would have to develop. At best lee is a great back up for Curry or Zach off the bench. If Lee bounces Balkman and Wilson Candler could fill the backup role for Artest. In all reality I dont even think David Lee could pass a physical to complete a trade.Where we do have the upper hand on this is the Kings have only 9 players signed so they need bodies and we have 17 too many and have to unload. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1717~2772~2782~25&teams=23~23~23~18

this is one senerio i thought about

this is another

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772~739~25&teams=23~23~18

so the possibilities are countless. Even if we do get Artest the next job would be to find Lee's Replacement.

Toons

is the Bo$$
SF is not Lee's position, so theres no need for him to play the 3....we have 3's, We can get artest without giving up lee or balkman...keep in mind that we juss got 2 expiring contracts in dickau and jones...personally i think thats where thomas won big.....i say rose, jjeff, crawford, dickau .... for atrest and salmons

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Good player, but needs to work on his people skills. Maybe anger management. He would just be a handful alone if he comes to New York.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Are you serious son? Those Knick teams gave us some of the greatest memories in recent years. You obviously weren't part of that decade. Fuck titles for now, I just want a playoff team at the moment.

I'm tired of having playoff teams in NY... this seems odd since we haven't made the playoffs in two seasons... but i suffered through the late 80s and early 90s... always playing well... never winning a chip... i want a title... i'd wait 6 more years for a title... that to give it up too early for 10 years of playoff basketball...

Lilman... you disrespect those knick teams... ewing, oakley, starks, dharper, mason, smith, blackman, hubert davis, doc rivers... those teams were B - B- players playing their asses out in the garden... the problem is we never had a true A player... ewing thought he was the man... but could never deliver in the clutch... we had that A player in King... but we traded him early...

i want a championship in my lifetime... 73 was before my time... and everytime we get to the finals... my feelings got destroyed... artest could very well bring us back to the promise land... and if he does... then i would have been proven wrong again... but his history tells me this could be a very bad idea in a year or 2...

There's plus side and a down side with Artest

no way we give up Lee!

Exactly!
The is no doubt that Artest is a good player and would help our team but he's also a Madman that could destroy the team. A team consist of more than just talent. There has to be some discpline which usually brings structure. Chemistry is also a very important part of team sprots. Let's not forget this is a team sport. It's not just about Artest and Randoplh. It's like building a house You have to make sure your foundation is built first and that it's SOUND.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I'm tired of having playoff teams in NY... this seems odd since we haven't made the playoffs in two seasons... but i suffered through the late 80s and early 90s... always playing well... never winning a chip... i want a title... i'd wait 6 more years for a title... that to give it up too early for 10 years of playoff basketball...

Lilman... you disrespect those knick teams... ewing, oakley, starks, dharper, mason, smith, blackman, hubert davis, doc rivers... those teams were B - B- players playing their asses out in the garden... the problem is we never had a true A player... ewing thought he was the man... but could never deliver in the clutch... we had that A player in King... but we traded him early...

i want a championship in my lifetime... 73 was before my time... and everytime we get to the finals... my feelings got destroyed... artest could very well bring us back to the promise land... and if he does... then i would have been proven wrong again... but his history tells me this could be a very bad idea in a year or 2...

"Fuck the Zach Randolph Trade"
i dont think i disrespected them at all. If those players were B level, they would have won a championship the way they played the game with Heart and all out hustle. But they weren't. Doc Rivers and Derek Harper were maybe B players early in their careers, not when they got to the knicks though, Starks was a great knick, but not a B player, neither was mase or hubert davis. Oak was an above B player as was Ewing.
Artest as a knick would bring the fire needed to spark this team, hopefully the coaches would catch on and start preaching defense. Artest as a knick could bring this team to the brink

Last edited:

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
You'll never get me to say Starks was a great KNICK ever...far as I am concerned cost US the title in 94. Damn 2-17 in Game 7....But I blame Riley for that as well..should have been went to Rolando Blackman when he had the chance.

Starks had his moments...but he's not greater than Charles Oakley...but he is greater than Charles Smith...Derek Harper...about par with Hubert Davis...

metrocard

Legend
I'm tired of having playoff teams in NY... /QUOTE]

Where have you been? Its been quit sometime we made noise in the playoffs, almost a decade.

I would be happy with a competitive playoff team that can give me hope, FIRST. We all want a championship. But how you gonna say you want a championship without playoffs? Thats like saying wanting to smoke a blunt without a dutch or a phillie.

I agree with you though. We need an A player to build around. In the 90's we had some of the best B level players you can find, and they were a joy to watch. Artest is a B/B+ player, maybe with Randolph. Still not GOOD enough compared the rest of guys in the league like Wade, Kidd, Duncan, Lebron, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, Amare, and etc. We need a name in those guys level if we wan't to consider a championship. Team play is important, but this is the NBA, you need your superstar to carry you time to time.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Are you serious son? Those Knick teams gave us some of the greatest memories in recent years. You obviously weren't part of that decade. Fuck titles for now, I just want a playoff team at the moment.

Your wrong again son!! I was a part of those years and I never missed a game.Those teams were tough but all they did was let us down WITHOUT NO TITLE.Those teams played like they was a bunch of badass's yet every year when the playoffs come they lost every year. I agree those teams did give us some great memories BUT on the other hand those teams were very dissapointing as well b/c they did'nt win a thing.THATS THE TRUTH

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
uh they made the finals twice in the 90s....playing against jordan and the pacers every year. why are yall hating? sure we didnt have a super super star like mj but we had a great team.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Uh im not hating im just stating the truth!!! They could have built a better team around Ewing but they never.I could be wrong but I think the two times we made it to the finals MJ was'nt playing?? If he was then im sure we would'nt have made it that far.The knicks front office messed up those teams by not building a powerhouse team around Ewing and if they trade off Lee,or Baukman for artest then they will be doing the same thing.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
are you saying curry is in ewing's league? because in terms of defense and rebounding hes nowhere near ewing. he is our number one player but i dont think he stacks up as much as ewing did (in terms of impact on both ends of the court at least)

metrocard

Legend
Your wrong again son!! I was a part of those years and I never missed a game.Those teams were tough but all they did was let us down WITHOUT NO TITLE.Those teams played like they was a bunch of badass's yet every year when the playoffs come they lost every year. I agree those teams did give us some great memories BUT on the other hand those teams were very dissapointing as well b/c they did'nt win a thing.THATS THE TRUTH

No one here is going to agree with you.