WTF is wrong with Stephon...peep this interview (video)!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
wow he is absolutely high out of his mind...completely incoherent and rambling statements. at least he presumably only smokes during the offseason?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
:whack:
what the hell was wrong with him? My better ho, my better half, my wife?!
that whole interview was just not right.

That interview was a lot like the Knicks. At the beginning, it seems simple enough. You?ve got two people sitting down to do the Q&A. Halfway through though, you?ve got a mess. By the end of things, you?ve got a trainwreck and you?ve won 26 games but you can?t get any better because you traded all your draft picks away.
(it comes from a guy from the slamonline blog)

Kiyaman

Legend
Out of all the Videos you watch about Marbury, Stephen A. Smith says it best about all the talent that is rolled up in Starbury.
There is not one percent of Leadership qualities within Marbury PG-Talent.
Marbury needs a Teammate Leader like Lebron James on his team to WIN a Championship. The truth must be told, players like Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Micheal Jordon, and Dennis Johnson who take control of the Point in every 4th quarter game could WIN a Championship with PG-Marbury on their team without a problem.
Every NBA team that had Marbury on it had the wrong expectations of Marbury being their Franchise PG-Leader of his teammates.
Marbury is just a player with alot of talent that needs to be lead at the PG-position by a Player that is a "Point-Foward" Franchise Leader (Lebron James) who can take control at anytime of all three positions (PG/SG/SF).

Kiyaman

Legend
Out of all the Videos you watch about Marbury, Stephen A. Smith says it best about all the talent that is rolled up in Starbury.
There is not one percent of Leadership qualities within Marbury PG-Talent.
Marbury needs a Teammate Leader like Lebron James on his team to WIN a Championship. The truth must be told, players like Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Micheal Jordon, and Dennis Johnson who take control of the Point in every 4th quarter game could WIN a Championship with PG-Marbury on their team without a problem.
Every NBA team that had Marbury on it had the wrong expectations of Marbury being their Franchise PG-Leader of his teammates.
Marbury is just a player with alot of talent that needs to be lead at the PG-position by a Player that is a "Point-Foward" Franchise Leader (Lebron James) who can take control at anytime of all three positions (PG/SG/SF).

I forgot to mention one Player that would've been the ideal BEST backcourt Partner for Marbury which is Kobe Bryant.
Marbury PG-Talent would never have any pressure on him with Kobe Bryant as his backcourt teammate.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Marbury was a little out of it but. its not a big deal really. Look at that bitch Paula Abdul, she was drunk as hell on that show American Idol. Marbury is a great person, and that video isn't going to bring him down. He gives back to his community. Even though its true that he might have been Drunk/High/Nervous.. Lets just forget about this.

Starks

Starter
Anyone have a transcript of this? Everyone's talking about this video, even espn.

Here's some highlights:
-Steph doesn't play for trophies evidently
-Steph gets offended if he doesn't have 12 minutes to answer a question
-Steph never slept in the same bed as KG
-Steph's wife is his better ho
-Steph's cant teach the kids on his own- but he can give teachers the tools to ($15 crappy sneakers can do this i guess)

Let's pray he's high. If he isn't then it makes the NYC Public School system look terrific!

mrkyll

Rookie
Anyone have a transcript of this? Everyone's talking about this video, even espn.

Here's some highlights:
-Steph doesn't play for trophies evidently
-Steph gets offended if he doesn't have 12 minutes to answer a question
-Steph never slept in the same bed as KG
-Steph's wife is his better ho
-Steph's cant teach the kids on his own- but he can give teachers the tools to ($15 crappy sneakers can do this i guess)

Let's pray he's high. If he isn't then it makes the NYC Public School system look terrific!

Don't forget that he'll be averaging about 12 dimes and TWO ASSISTS!!!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
he probably meant 12 assists and 2 steals.. but then again, who can bet on that?

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Y'all Are Acting As If No Celebrity Did What Marbury Did, Give This Guy A Break. The Interview Went On Well Until He Said My Ho, My Wife. Even If He Was Drunk, He Has Never Been In Trouble By The Law For Drunk Driving. Unlike His Cousin Telfair, I Think Marbury Is The Most Well Behaved In His Family Cos U Never Hear Or See Him Getting Into Trouble Like Telfair. After All The Interview Was Ok To Me. Stop Criticizing This Guy.

pat

Starter
... and I guess you get another pot-head with Zach. I am not sure wasn't there something about Zach and drugs on the media a while ago?

yep! here it is: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1676104

I'll tell you the knicks won't win anything with that roster. There are no winners on the team and two key players obviously don't know that taking care of their health is part of their job.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
... and I guess you get another pot-head with Zach. I am not sure wasn't there something about Zach and drugs on the media a while ago?

yep! here it is: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1676104

I'll tell you the knicks won't win anything with that roster. There are no winners on the team and two key players obviously don't know that taking care of their health is part of their job.

That was 4 years ago... I haven't heard anything about Zach Randolph since. DUI. It happens to a lot of pro players.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
That was a funny clip. No one will take it seriously. And yea I think Steph meant to say 13 assists 10 points which would make him the number 2 or 3 PG in the league. The number 1 ho thing was funny. I wanted to stop the video when he said "I can't give them if they don't already have it". What? I still like Steph. Best PG the Knicks have had in a long time.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i don't get what everyone is talking about... steph doesn't seem high at all... he seems like he really wants to believe that the knicks will be good next season... like most of us... listen to his goals instead of criticizing his slips of the tongue... 10 points 12 dimes and 2 or 3 STEALS (yeah, he said assists... have you never misspoken?)... listen to the praise he shouts to zbo, curry and isiah... he understands that it's about chemistry and takes it upon himself to better the team... he said he has to be the one to get curry and randolph to maximize their potential... isn't that what we want from a leader? curry and zbo will get criticized... by you... by me... by everyone... but their teammate has their back... i would like to hear from curry, lee, crawford, balkman and the rest of the crew about this deal as well though... are steph and isiah alone in their love of this deal? he should be relieved to no longer have to depend on channing frye's inconsistency occupying offensive space with him... i'm not dissing frye... randolph's better... period... but back to steph... even if he was high... the content was crazy... don't miss the message you anti "pot" analysts...