Lee May Not Have To Be In Deal For Artest

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah awesome.. BUT The Orlando Magic are also interested in Artest. and the Kings want Turkoglu. Its going to be hard for the knicks. Maybe if we give up Nate and the young guys we got.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Please Isiah, don't trade David Lee for Artest!!! I would love for Artest to come to NY, but Isiah would be stupid to trade away the Knicks best young player and NY fan favorite for a volatile player like Artest. Nate, Jeffries and Malik Rose sounds perfect to me. If Isiah can pull that off, then we basically get an All-Star/Defensive Player of the Year Small Forward for practically nothing. I really think a player like Artest could put us over the top and get the Knicks deep into the playoffs, but I still don't think it's worth giving up David Lee.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Lee doesn't have to be traded. Isiah should traded somone who is not that important to us. Come on, getting rid of Lee is like getting rid of the fans. Lee is a crowd favorite.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Zeke won't do that. He'll look 2 showcase Nate @ the summer camp and you'll probably see a trade like Nate, Jefferies, Jones and a unprotected 1st round pick 4 Artest

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't like the idea of giving up our 1st round picks anymore. The only thing we can hope for is that these young guys do their damn thing in the summer league and impress enough GM's that Sacramento will accept players not named David Lee. This is all getting too interesting.

If Isaiah can get Artest here and not give up Lee, he gets GM of the year in my book. He will have created a lineup that will automatically be expected to do no worse than 2nd round of the playoffs.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
we all know IT sucks at trades (except for the randolph deal)... so i wouldn't want this deal to blow up in our face... since the kings want significant assets in return... there is no way they accept whatever scrubs we throw their way... we'll have to be prepared to trade away a core member... but if q is healthy... and balkman has the kinda year he's capable of... nothings impossible...

FameMos

Benchwarmer
The reason y I have no prob. giving up a 1st round pick is cause we have A LOT of young players already. We got Lee, Balkman, Nate, Collins, Nichols, Chandler, Morris, Crawford just turned 27, Curry's 24, ZBo will be 26, Q just turned 27. We've got more than enuff youth.

metrocard

Legend
The reason y I have no prob. giving up a 1st round pick is cause we have A LOT of young players already. We got Lee, Balkman, Nate, Collins, Nichols, Chandler, Morris, Crawford just turned 27, Curry's 24, ZBo will be 26, Q just turned 27. We've got more than enuff youth.

Agreed. We have a shitload of young talent. I just wish we had the right franchise player instead of Curry. All those young guys are probably the best young compliment prospects you can find. They can fit in many roles. They won't be all stars, but can contribute in other ways.

With that said, Randolph and Curry are with the elite when it comes to talented young big men in the NBA. But if you look at their defense and their track record of winning games, its a poor resume that does not mix too well for our future expectations. I rather have one, and trade the other one for a franchise perimeter player.

The most important thing is that Lee and Balkman get their minutes. They are our key to sucess now and in the future. Same with Collins also, he proved a lot last season, and if he comes into the summer league with a jumper, he should atleast 20-28 minutes a game.

SG - Collins
SF - Balkman
PF - Lee
C - Curry

We're set at those positions for the future.

We could use a back up PG. I hope we get Garcia in the Artest deal. Garcia can pass, defend, shoot and block shots. We could have a 2nd unit of

Collins
Garcia
Chandler
Balkman
Lee

Imagine those guys punishing other teams and running all up on that ass OFF THE BENCH!

Our starting unit will be

Marbury
Richardson or Crawfish
Artest
Randolph
Curry.

Its too exciting to imagine.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I really want to see randolph morris do his thing....he has the body to average david lee numbers or even better....and d.nichols....if he has the shooting touch i hear about, we are definitely ECF bound....if we get artest for lee....big whoop, so what, we loose lee....but we have to remember that lee wont post the same numbers he did last season unless curry or randolph gets in major foul trouble early....secondly, morris is 6'11...230...dude is a beast....if he develops that killer instinct, he can b a great backup for curry.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Zeke won't do that. He'll look 2 showcase Nate @ the summer camp and you'll probably see a trade like Nate, Jefferies, Jones and a unprotected 1st round pick 4 Artest

The thing is Jones is on Trade Restriction and can't be traded in combination of other players.