Knicks very close to being a Elite team

J-Starks

Rookie
This is the closest we have been to being a Elite team in years. We have the makings of the most dominant front line in the East with Curry and Randolph. Both are 20-10 capable players. Are only weakness is a consistent guy at the 3 position who can give us 18 points a game ,solid defender and can create for himself. I don't fear the Cavs ,Pistons or Bulls.

The Pistons are not as athletic at the center position without Ben Wallace ,the Bulls have no inside prescence on the offensive end and rely so much on guard play to get majority of there points. We have the makings of a inside out attack. If we make that move for Artest ,which i would do ,we are a 50 win team easy and top 3 seed in the East which puts us in that 2nd round or ECF as long as we don't choke.

C Eddie Curry
PF Zack Randolph
SF Ron Artest
SG Crawford
PF Marbury

Potentially thats a top 3 seed in the East.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
This is the closest we have been to being a Elite team in years. We have the makings of the most dominant front line in the East with Curry and Randolph. Both are 20-10 capable players. Are only weakness is a consistent guy at the 3 position who can give us 18 points a game ,solid defender and can create for himself. I don't fear the Cavs ,Pistons or Bulls.

The Pistons are not as athletic at the center position without Ben Wallace ,the Bulls have no inside prescence on the offensive end and rely so much on guard play to get majority of there points. We have the makings of a inside out attack. If we make that move for Artest ,which i would do ,we are a 50 win team easy and top 3 seed in the East which puts us in that 2nd round or ECF as long as we don't choke.

C Eddie Curry
PF Zack Randolph
SF Ron Artest
SG Crawford
PF Marbury

Potentially thats a top 3 seed in the East.

People may think Im nuts but I think that makes us top 5 in the NBA. We can get away without having shotblockers with Artest's D on the perimeter. LEts not forget Marbury has shown flashes of brilliance on the defensive end.

Crawford is comming into his prime and will be a serious offensive threat at the 2.

We will have the difinative offensive frontcourt in the league if Isiahs vision can be implemented.

We were already an elite offensive rebounding team and if we dont loose Lee it only gets better with Randolph.

Artest=Championship run!!!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is the type of post I like to read! You've got a good optimistic point of view. But let's not get carried away. There are still unanswered questions. It still remains to be seen if Randolph and Curry can coexist. The Marbury/Francis backcourt was a miserable failure. Francis was a lazy bum. But Zack does allot of rebounding which is a major pro and in the east there aren't that many PFs that can dominate so it's not like Randolph will be up against Tim Duncan on the regular. Some one will have to be the focal point in the offense and some one will have to take a supporting role.

KOWIE

Rookie
insanity has infected a lot of people....dude, i think the knicks are a better team this week than last, but elite? THEY CANT PLAY DEFENSE.....nobody remembers dallas....averaged 110 points a night and still lost....

J-Starks

Rookie
Good point. We got to build up team chemistry ,and see if they can all play together.

But considering how weak the east is ,the Knicks would have a great shot to do some damage. Look at that Cavalier team. They cant even score. They rely so much on there defense.

Artest would brng that defensive intensity and make us better on that end of the court.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
insanity has infected a lot of people....dude, i think the knicks are a better team this week than last, but elite? THEY CANT PLAY DEFENSE.....nobody remembers dallas....averaged 110 points a night and still lost....

We are saying elite if you get Artest. With Artest if you can retain Lee and Crawford you have a solid starting line and a deep bench anchored by D Lee.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
We are saying elite if you get Artest. With Artest if you can retain Lee and Crawford you have a solid starting line and a deep bench anchored by D Lee.

"Fuck the Zach Randolph Trade"one person does not make a good defensive team. It starts with the coaching. If the coaches don't preach D, the team as a whole isn't gonna play D

Last edited:

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
We can only be an elite team if Isiah can stop worrying about be the Gm and be the coach as well. After Dolan extended his contract, the Knicks' losing record incresed big time. That was the main cause of us not making it to the playoffs.