Lee will play the 3

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You've got to admit when Carpy and I are taking Metros back there is hope for the world. Now somebody sing 'We Are The World' and we'll be all set.

Ok so Lee isn't as quick as some of the smaller faster small forwards but he can play the position. It's not like there are a great deal of elite small forwards in the east. Just imagine what Lee can do with the small defenders on the offensive end. I've always liked Lee and Frye as back up bench players but I think there may be an option for Lee to play the 3. If not starting then definitely in the 2nd quarter.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
if i offended anybody then my apoligies. im not tryin to get into a whole racial issue again. im far from racist, in fact in about 3 months imma be having a half spanish baby. so it wasnt even like that. metro didnt even seem to get offended so lets leave it be.

now back to david lee. i think we can all agree if isiah doesnt ship out randolph by the start of the season u can expect him to be playing 30+ mpg. now if all of u are as persistant about lee playing strictly the PF position then what does that mean? that leaves david lee approx less than 20 mpg. now if thats not a waste of talent then i dont know what is. one way or another these 2 will need to learn to co-exist. d-lee is not just effective down low. he and balkman are also very good @ penetrating into the lane and finding another big man or just an open man in general. and if he seriously did improve him jumpshot then i think he brings more to the table as a starter then jeffries or balkman.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Damn!
Yo everybody be getting worked up this forum man!!! damn...
everybody need to take a chill pill and relax...
Why can't we all just get along! lol

Anyway seriously - please users lose the racial undertones, and overly excessive cussin'....I really don't want to have to hit people up with infractions and possible bans.....but if anyone continues about it after my post....i'll be forced to.

nyk_nyk

All Star
if i offended anybody then my apoligies. im not tryin to get into a whole racial issue again. im far from racist, in fact in about 3 months imma be having a half spanish baby. so it wasnt even like that. metro didnt even seem to get offended so lets leave it be.

now back to david lee. i think we can all agree if isiah doesnt ship out randolph by the start of the season u can expect him to be playing 30+ mpg. now if all of u are as persistant about lee playing strictly the PF position then what does that mean? that leaves david lee approx less than 20 mpg. now if thats not a waste of talent then i dont know what is. one way or another these 2 will need to learn to co-exist. d-lee is not just effective down low. he and balkman are also very good @ penetrating into the lane and finding another big man or just an open man in general. and if he seriously did improve him jumpshot then i think he brings more to the table as a starter then jeffries or balkman.
Randolph will not be traded and despite your opinion, Lee will get a lil more than 20 minutes a game. Since Thomas is not that high on Jerome "wack ass" James this leaves Randolph to move to the 5 spot when Curry gets into foul trouble or just needs a powerbar.

I don't expect Morris to get much minutes at the 5 unless he performs like crazy in training camp. Lee will ultimately get minutes at the 3 and 4 spots. I don't expect Randolph's 35 min/gm to change much, but I also don't think Isaiah will risk losinig Q to injury by having him play many minutes either.

Also, the backup sg position isn't set in stone so Q can even get some time there and that would allow more minutes at the 3 for Lee.

Damn Isaiah, must be hard trying to manage all this talent.

loumev

Rookie
Lee and racist?

I find it interesting that you dont want to get into a whole racial issue "again". Congrats on the kid. What part of Spain is your baby's mom from? Catalan? Madrid?

As for Lee, he is not able to keep up with the smaller, quicker 3's. Im not talking about stars like Pierce, I just mean quick guys who could play some SG if they needed to. Those guys. On nights when Lee can't make the other team pay for putting a smaller guy on him, he wont play as much at the 3. His minutes should fluctuate between about 22 minutes to a little over 30. And thats fine. The Knicks are in an enviable position right now, they have a pretty deep squad. A good amount of athletic, talented players who have different strengths. I was a little disappointed in Jeffries' defense, so we'll see how her plays this year.

Balkman will get his minutes against those smaller, quicker 3's for his rebounding, hustle, defense and decent ball handling. But it wont be consistent. There are too many guys that can play and not enough stars on the team. Isiah will have to reward guys who are making an impact on the court or who win minutes in practice. This might make guys compete more in practice which is a good thing. Get them hungry and they'll play some "D" and hustle.

If Isiah plays this right, he'll be able to consistently match up with or create mismatches with the team on a nightly basis. This should be a fun season.

loumev

Rookie
oh yeah, Jamal should start if only because of his chemistry with Curry. Wouldn't you want Curry getting off to a hot start and putting opposing teams on their heels?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You say a racist term...you have a racist's thought of mind deep within your head tissues...just diss'em, when you have to go racist on somebody that means you're weak especially when you say it over a forum...weak. Say it to the dude's face and see what happens

But yea JC and Curry needs to start together and I'm pretty sure they are going to start together. Curry needs to be aggressive early to make the defense respect his ability...otherwise they'll sag on him knowing he'll only take 1 or 2 dribbles and force him into a TO machine. Also marbury needs to be a slight bit more aggressive. No team in this league can stop both marbury and curry...it's just not possible...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Curry and Randolph will get about 35 minutes each.

When Curry is out, Randolph will move to center and Lee will play the 4.

When Randolph is out, Lee will play the 4.

Assuming that Curry and Randolph are rarely out at the same time, that leaves 26 minutes a night for Lee. He will get some minutes at the 3 here or there when the matchup is correct, but QRich and Balkman are going to get most of the time at the 3.

There is no chance at all that Randolph will be benched in favor of Lee and it is very unlikely that Randolph will be part of some other trade yet to come.

If QRich's back holds up, we are in decent shape at the 3 given that Chandler is also looking pretty good in the summr league.

I think we also have to hope that Steph's legs hold up. He was in pretty bad shape at the end of the season and is getting older, not younger. If he gets hurt (likely at some point during the season), I am hoping Mardy Collins can take the PG spot. He looked great at year end. I think it's time to move Nate while his marketability is still high. He's not a natural PG and his size is a problem too. He's just a great athlete.

We have to get rid of 2 players. I vote for Nate and either James or Jeffries depending on how QRich's back is holding up.

Kiyaman

Legend
I want David Lee to be a STARTER just as much as the next guy.
However, listening to Q.Richardson comments during the Knicks first Summer League game vs the Sonics where Balkman shut down Durant and took control over the game (MVP of the Rookie vs Sophmore game this upcomming season) for a sure Knick WIN.

I know longer want David Lee in the Starting lineup at any of the three Frontcourt position he can play at well.
I want Lee, Balkman, and Nate to be the first three players off of the bench (they have better "jellin-chemistry" together than any other three Knicks).
Plus Q.Richardson Leadership on the court is needed badly with Knick STARTERS Marbury, Crawford, Zack, and Curry.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
This should be the 7man rotation:
Marbury-Crawford
Crawford-Q-Balkman
Q-Lee(depending on who's on the court)-Balkman
ZBo-Lee-Balkman
Curry-Randolph-Lee

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I honestly don't see why some of you are arguing about why lee or Balkman should be in the lineup or which player should play more minutes.I mean the only thing that SHOULD matter is these two guys are playing for the Knicks.So what if they don't start they will still be monster players for the Knicks off the bench.Lee and Balkman will see their share of minutes b/c Curry and Randolph will be in foul trouble most of the time b/c they play underneath so DO SWEAT IT b/c Lee and Balkman will still make a major impact on games.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
First and foremost...D Lee can't D up against most SF. He needs to play mostly at the 4. And if Q-Rich gets hurt then maybe slide him in at the 3 for emergency reasons. We all love Lee but we all forget that his footspeed isn't all that great to guard quicker SF. Balkman gets higher priority over Lee at the SF.

Marbury
Crawford
Q-Rich
Randolph
Curry

Balkman and Lee are the first two guys off the bench.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I want David Lee to be a STARTER just as much as the next guy.
However, listening to Q.Richardson comments during the Knicks first Summer League game vs the Sonics where Balkman shut down Durant and took control over the game (MVP of the Rookie vs Sophmore game this upcomming season) for a sure Knick WIN.

I know longer want David Lee in the Starting lineup at any of the three Frontcourt position he can play at well.
I want Lee, Balkman, and Nate to be the first three players off of the bench (they have better "jellin-chemistry" together than any other three Knicks).
Plus Q.Richardson Leadership on the court is needed badly with Knick STARTERS Marbury, Crawford, Zack, and Curry.

except for the part about Nate, I agree completely... I hope Mardy is healthy enough to be #1 point guard... or Dikau...