can this new roster seal the deal for atlantic conference champions?

dialdayo

Rookie
Can this roster make a run against the new look boston celtics with ray allen, and paul pierce AND the new jersey nets with nenad coming back..i love the knicks and all, but this is not gonna be an easy task!!:gony:

Ummm...can they? Yes and No. What kind of answer are you actually looking for? If they play according to their talent and potential, there is no reason why they shouldnt finish within the top 5 in the regular season. However, they will most likely not mesh as all of us would hope they do, and it is much more likely that the Knicks will fight for a 7 or 8 seed. As far as the playoffs go, one would have to imagine that they will suffer from inexperience compared to playoff ready teams like Cleveland, NJ, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, and even Washington and Indiana. Next season, i dont expect the East to be considered the lightweight conference any longer with Allen moving to Boston and Rashard Lewis to Orlando. Just as the Knicks are getting better, the rest of the conference is as well, and it will be just as difficult a fight to make the post season.

Everything will depend on the individual players' commitment to play the team game and solid defense. Each player needs to understand their role and how they are an asset to the team. Knicks are at their best when Curry is a force down low, but with his lackluster defending and rebounding, i see him hurting the team if hes playing over 30min a game. Randolph is a great offensive addition, but he isnt anything special on defense either. The team will be able to outscore people, but needs to feed off of the defensive energy of Balkman, Collins, Marbury, and hopefully Jefferies and Q (if hes totally healthy).

The problem is that we lack solid interior defenders, and this will show up as a huge hole come playoff time (assuming Knicks make it).

All in all, the team has so much to prove and while the additions of Chandler and Randolph seem promising in addition to the young rising stars of the Knicks, defense wins in the playoffs as both the Spurs and Cavs proved this past season.

dialdayo

Rookie
playoff spot depends on chemistry

i think that if IT can not only get eddy curry and zach to work together to be a dominating offensive force in the paint, but also instill in these young knicks minds that STATS ARE NOT IMPORTANT BUT WINNING IS..they will be fine..i was watching summer league and fred jones was asked.. what was portlands game plan for playin the knicks..he talked about getting the knicks to play 1 on 1 basketball..instead of working as a team..which i believe is a huge weakness in our young knick team..little chemistry = more 1 on 1 focus on player stats..more team turn overs (which we were one of the top teams) which equals LESS WINS..i think if it can get some teamwork into their mindsets.. 40+ wins next season will be a guarantee

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
i think that if IT can not only get eddy curry and zach to work together to be a dominating offensive force in the paint, but also instill in these young knicks minds that STATS ARE NOT IMPORTANT BUT WINNING IS..they will be fine..i was watching summer league and fred jones was asked.. what was portlands game plan for playin the knicks..he talked about getting the knicks to play 1 on 1 basketball..instead of working as a team..which i believe is a huge weakness in our young knick team..little chemistry = more 1 on 1 focus on player stats..more team turn overs (which we were one of the top teams) which equals LESS WINS..i think if it can get some teamwork into their mindsets.. 40+ wins next season will be a guarantee

And let the church say AMEN!

Kiyaman

Legend

A healthy Q.Richardson brings a Winning perspective to this Knick Team.

I never was found of Q.Richardson when he was a Clipper, I used to BASH him hard under Coach Larry Brown. When the Knicks finally let Q.Richardson play at the SF-Position this past season his performance did a great 360 turn around from the previous season playing SG in the Eastern Conference (they ate him up alive). I had to pologize to alot of people in the Garden on how well Q.Rich improved playing team ball on both sides of the court sticking-close on every play, and when he started helping (covering for) Curry & Frye defensive-rebounds all the time, game after game. I had to give Q.Richardson his Props. Now! is Q.Richardson healthy enough to play like that this upcomming season?

A Healthy Q.Richardson answers the Knicks Starting SF question.

The problem is how many games could a healthy Q.Richardson START without missing one?
Could a healthy Q.Richardson START (all) the Knicks first 41 games? That is the reason why we needed Ron Artest (he made his Demo LOL, so he is good for all the first 41 games.).
Q.Richardson is what Zack & Crawford need to outscore oponents at the Start & Finish of a game. Curry & Marbury all around talents are inconsistent.
This Knick Team finally need Players to have consistent playingtime together, so they could plan together, team-up together, rebound together, and PASS together.
The Knick Coach is going to have to let some of his young players play together (Lee, Balkman, and Nate) consistently, even when they do outplay the Knicks-coach money$ Starters.
I still say the Knick Coaching earned all of the 23 and 33 WIN season.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
There are rumors that the Nets are going after Jamaal Magloire. They will be tough again with Carter signed, Kristic back healthy and Jamaal Magloire. I hate the Nets but they are still the team to beat in the Atlantic. On paper the Knicks should be able to beat the Nets, but I felt that way last season as well.

Ummm...can they? Yes and No. What kind of answer are you actually looking for? If they play according to their talent and potential, there is no reason why they shouldnt finish within the top 5 in the regular season. However, they will most likely not mesh as all of us would hope they do, and it is much more likely that the Knicks will fight for a 7 or 8 seed. As far as the playoffs go, one would have to imagine that they will suffer from inexperience compared to playoff ready teams like Cleveland, NJ, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, and even Washington and Indiana. Next season, i dont expect the East to be considered the lightweight conference any longer with Allen moving to Boston and Rashard Lewis to Orlando. Just as the Knicks are getting better, the rest of the conference is as well, and it will be just as difficult a fight to make the post season.

Everything will depend on the individual players' commitment to play the team game and solid defense. Each player needs to understand their role and how they are an asset to the team. Knicks are at their best when Curry is a force down low, but with his lackluster defending and rebounding, i see him hurting the team if hes playing over 30min a game. Randolph is a great offensive addition, but he isnt anything special on defense either. The team will be able to outscore people, but needs to feed off of the defensive energy of Balkman, Collins, Marbury, and hopefully Jefferies and Q (if hes totally healthy).

The problem is that we lack solid interior defenders, and this will show up as a huge hole come playoff time (assuming Knicks make it).

All in all, the team has so much to prove and while the additions of Chandler and Randolph seem promising in addition to the young rising stars of the Knicks, defense wins in the playoffs as both the Spurs and Cavs proved this past season.

Indy is a bonafied playoff team? I agree we'll be fighting for the 7 or 8 and will give someone a hell of a matchup in the first round, seriously it's not a team I like to face in the opening round. But we'll see, look at the bright side if we miss the playoffs, atleast we have our pick this year, but w/ our luck we'll miss the playoffs by one game or so and have the 13th pick in a very weak upcoming draft, lol

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Atlantic division still the shittiest division in all of basketball right now till proven otherwise...so of course they can challenge.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
7th or 8th seed??? Fighting 4 a playoff spot??? U ppl are pathetic...If the Knicks aren't top 6 (At the least) in the East, something is wrong.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
7th or 8th seed??? Fighting 4 a playoff spot??? U ppl are pathetic...If the Knicks aren't top 6 (At the least) in the East, something is wrong.

On paper, the Knicks should be one of the best teams in the East. But a good basketball team plays with chemistry and team defense. I think the Knicks are starting to get chemistry (we'll see what happens with Z Randolph) but their team defense is awful. A lot of teams in the East have improved. All the Knicks have done is signed Randolph, and the jury is still out on whether or not Curry and Randolph can coexist. I have my doubts.

Let's face it, Pistons are better, Cavs are better, Nets are better, Orlando has improved and I would still consider them better (especially with Stan Van Gundy comng in), Wizards are better, and the Bulls are better. That leaves us fighting for the 7th and 8th seeds against Miami and Toronto. That is not going to be easy. I would love for the Knicks to come out and dominate next year, and I think they have the talent to do so, but the team still has a lot of weaknesses. So don't assume they will be one of the top 6 teams next year. I could definitely see them fighting for the 8th spot and just beating out the Raptors (I have a feeling the Raptors are going to have a let down next year).

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
On paper, the Knicks should be one of the best teams in the East. But a good basketball team plays with chemistry and team defense. I think the Knicks are starting to get chemistry (we'll see what happens with Z Randolph) but their team defense is awful. A lot of teams in the East have improved. All the Knicks have done is signed Randolph, and the jury is still out on whether or not Curry and Randolph can coexist. I have my doubts.

Let's face it, Pistons are better, Cavs are better, Nets are better, Orlando has improved and I would still consider them better (especially with Stan Van Gundy comng in), Wizards are better, and the Bulls are better. That leaves us fighting for the 7th and 8th seeds against Miami and Toronto. That is not going to be easy. I would love for the Knicks to come out and dominate next year, and I think they have the talent to do so, but the team still has a lot of weaknesses. So don't assume they will be one of the top 6 teams next year. I could definitely see them fighting for the 8th spot and just beating out the Raptors (I have a feeling the Raptors are going to have a let down next year).

let's not forget that Milwaukee is getting healthy and Atlanta might finally be ready to make that push... plus Philly should be improved... there's 11 teams that have a chance of taking 8 spots... and if Ray Allen is healthy the Celtics could give teams trouble...

I think the Nets are the cream of the Atlantic... then it's either us or Toronto... with Boston a close fourth...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i dont think the 6ers particularly improved. their draft picks wont have an instant effect and they really dont have that many scoring options. i think the nets wont hold up again because of injuries to kidd, kristic, carter and magloire (predicted injuries i mean, theyre a pretty old team). miami who knows....their supporting cast doesnt look great and shaq is breaking down before our eyes. i dont think boston will pull it all together this year. i think this year we should be able to get 6-8 seed unless we win the atlantic, but i doubt recordwise we finish higher than five.

FameMos? I am pathetic for saying the Knicks are gonna fight for a playoff spot? They are my favorite team and individually they are very good talents and are by the far the highest paid team in the league....but they havent done SHIT yet.

Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, NJ, Washington, Orlando, and Boston have arguments that they are all better teams than the Knicks. Thats 8 teams right there, so if you say that people are pathetic for thinking that the knicks will be fighting for a playoff spot then you must obviously use very little of your mind when you pay attention to basketball. This isnt NBA Live, but the NBA where teams win on great defense and 2 All star players helped by other guys that know their roles, rebound, and knock down shots. The stars of the 8 other teams are all better than the stars of the Knicks and until they prove something this year, you have no argument against that.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
FameMos? I am pathetic for saying the Knicks are gonna fight for a playoff spot? They are my favorite team and individually they are very good talents and are by the far the highest paid team in the league....but they havent done SHIT yet.

Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, NJ, Washington, Orlando, and Boston have arguments that they are all better teams than the Knicks. Thats 8 teams right there, so if you say that people are pathetic for thinking that the knicks will be fighting for a playoff spot then you must obviously use very little of your mind when you pay attention to basketball. This isnt NBA Live, but the NBA where teams win on great defense and 2 All star players helped by other guys that know their roles, rebound, and knock down shots. The stars of the 8 other teams are all better than the stars of the Knicks and until they prove something this year, you have no argument against that.
So ur gonna sit here and tell me that Mia, Orl and Bos are gonna be better than the Knicks next yr?? Mia was horrible last yr until they went on that run not 2 mention they are a very old team and they lost Kapono. Orl wasn't very good last yr either. If Orl is healthy and the Knicks are healthy ur gonna tell me they'd be better than us??? Bos???? Uhhhh I could've sworn they were the worst team in the east this season. I know they got Allen (who's gonna get injured next yr), Pierce(starting 2 get up in age) and Jefferson but we're still the better team. Cle is overrated, Det's run is comming 2 an end, NJ is getting better(We can competew/ them but their still better) and Wash won't be as good as they were this season. Mark my words, Knicks will be top 6 in the east next season (If healthy :) )

metrocard

Legend
So ur gonna sit here and tell me that Mia, Orl and Bos are gonna be better than the Knicks next yr?? Mia was horrible last yr until they went on that run not 2 mention they are a very old team and they lost Kapono. Orl wasn't very good last yr either. If Orl is healthy and the Knicks are healthy ur gonna tell me they'd be better than us??? Bos???? Uhhhh I could've sworn they were the worst team in the east this season. I know they got Allen (who's gonna get injured next yr), Pierce(starting 2 get up in age) and Jefferson but we're still the better team. Cle is overrated, Det's run is comming 2 an end, NJ is getting better(We can competew/ them but their still better) and Wash won't be as good as they were this season. Mark my words, Knicks will be top 6 in the east next season (If healthy :) )

Knicks are going to win the Finals in Game 3.

The Nets signed Jamaal today. We'll see who's the team to beat in the Atlantic some how I don't think it's going to be the New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets

metrocard

Legend
LMAO Yall think i'm buggin but i'm tellin yall...Knicks will be GOOD next season (If healthy) lol. It's our time...This drought will come 2 an end.

Agreed. I definately think we'll be good enough for 7th or 8th seed. I also believe the Eastern Conference is emerging and underrated.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i think we will be the 4-5 seed in the east....we have the best 4,5 combo, we have david lee and balkman, some outstanding rookies..allw e need is for IT to manage this team with sense and we are deep in the playoffs

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Agreed. I definately think we'll be good enough for 7th or 8th seed. I also believe the Eastern Conference is emerging and underrated.

people disrespect the East because San Antonio always dusts off whoever they play in the finals... before that the Lakers were tearing through the East... but the last 2 non SA titles have gone to the East... and I think Detroit is about to make a comback with their rookie backcourt backing up Rip and Chauncey... I think the Nets have a real shot (don't know that Magloire adds to that though) at a chip this year... and if Cleveland can sign Bibby and get a decent low post threat... they can be champs as well... Unless Mia can bring in some youth and scoring help... they were a one shot deal...