Steph marbury..what ranking does he deserve on top PG list

dialdayo

Rookie
if yaal dont stop with this shi!!

first of all..you cant judge a player jus on how far he went in the playoffs..look at tracy mcgrady..can u put other prime sf over him..hmm lewis..horry..barry..vince carter..t. prince..bowen.artest..they all have gone farther than him..but none are better than him so stop with this nonsense about marbury is trash cuz he never led his teams deep into the playoffs yet..his career is nowhere near over.so give the dude some slack..and recognize him for being one of the bes pg in the game..which pg would u rather have final 10 sec..paul..bibby Payton smh!,ford..alston and all dem other guys yaal have rated above marbury..marbury is the obvious choice..no1 yaal have rated above him has the ability to get in the lane and create..thats why hes marbury..not kidd or nash..he plays bes to his abilities..RESPECT THAT

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
sre you seriously arguing about billups now and payton from before when he was in hall of fame form? are we talking ranking him among point guards this year or all time? this is a stupid argument and yall are way off topic, this thread should be shut down.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
first of all..you cant judge a player jus on how far he went in the playoffs..look at tracy mcgrady..can u put other prime sf over him..hmm lewis..horry..barry..vince carter..t. prince..bowen.artest..they all have gone farther than him..but none are better than him so stop with this nonsense about marbury is trash cuz he never led his teams deep into the playoffs yet..his career is nowhere near over.so give the dude some slack..and recognize him for being one of the bes pg in the game..which pg would u rather have final 10 sec..paul..bibby Payton smh!,ford..alston and all dem other guys yaal have rated above marbury..marbury is the obvious choice..no1 yaal have rated above him has the ability to get in the lane and create..thats why hes marbury..not kidd or nash..he plays bes to his abilities..RESPECT THAT

Tracy has all the stats for your ass but he is not a great player either. Very good player, but not great. U guys look at number's and settle for mediocrity. To hell with Stephon, and those who support him because he is never going to lead this team to the promised land...Tracy same thing with him. Some guys just do not have what it takes to play playoff basketball when it counts...PERIOD.

Best of his abilties? Least see he's not the level of Jason Kidd....Kidd just proves you don't have to average 20 pts a game to lead a team to the finals and some playoff wins...

Nash same thing...

metrocard

Legend
Like I said you dude's are so on Marbury's nuts you're probably pregnant.

Billups if you compare accomplishments to Gary Payton..Billups by far is nowhere near close. Period. Finals MVP does not outrank the fact Gary was ALL DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM 9 SEASONS IN A ROW, or NBA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

Like Rasheed Wallace once said about Cleveland last year, "Even the sun shines on a dog's ass" And thats the case with Chauncey. One Finals MVP, la de fucking da...just one finals MVP...that's his whole career.

Gary Payton will be a Hall of Famer...Chauncey will not be..Period.

Marbury's only claim to fame has been what...having a career average of 20pts 8 assists...that's it? Thats the only thing he has accomplished in his career? No All NBA awards, no Olympic medals no wait he has 1 BRONZE not GOLD, Marbury was an NBA All-Star in 2001 and 2003 and an All-NBA Third Team member in 2003.

Gary has 1 more ring than Marbury, and he atleast did carry his TEAM TO THE NBA FINALS. Unlike a certain other player in NY whom wears #3 and is not John Starks.

Chauncey's best days have past him by..he is 30 now...maybe at best he has what 3 more good years in that body...guards tend to burn out quicker...

If Marbury was traded tomorrow for someone better I'd dance a jig and be happy.

Gary Payton won a ring by being a bench scrub for Pat Riley. That as irrevelant as John Salley winning an NBA title

If you're making a list on all time PG's, Gary Payton isn't even number one. You got Jason Kidd, Stockon, Magic Johnson, Cylde Frazier and Isiah Thomas, who all had superior careers to Payton.

John Starks didn't lead to the Knicks to the NBA finals, what are you talking about? He was an excellent role player and defender for the Knicks and will always be remembered. You're just a bias Marbury hater and have poor judgment on talented NBA PG's.

You're wrong about Billups once again. He's still in his prime. 27-32 prime years. He still got 2-3 more years of all star basketball.

Man, people just use to this "winning" shit too much and overuse it to the death. I think its overrated now and Marbury is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. He rarely gets any love, enough though having one of the most consistant careers at his position. Marbury has had 11 different head coaches in 9-10 years. Do you realize how hard that is? In boxing, if you get a new trainer each year, they all want something DIFFERENT and it takes time to adjust. 20 and 8 just shows how talented he is and how he adjusted well to every coach. Marbury has never go the chance to formulate chemistry with his coach or team cause he's always been behind an idiot GM. Marbury's teams were ALREADY bad NBA teams before Marbury went there. Marbury is an elite PG so theres no question those teams thought Marbury was the solution to their problems. The problem was, they didn't even Marbury the right players. Phoneix is better with Nash over Stephon, but Phoneix would still be an elite NBA team with Marbury as their PG, Phoneix with Marbury gave Spurs a little competition in the first round and showed a lot of promise; Amare and up and coming big man, Shawn Marion, all star player, and Joe Johnson who was just coming up as a scoring under Marbury. Marbury just went through Don Chaney, Lenny Wilkins, Herb Williams, Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas in a very short period of time. Many of these men have different methods of coaching. Throughout the period of time Marbury has adjusted he slumped a bit, but once he adjusted, he was leading us to victories. Under Isiah, Marbury has adjusted his whole game. He shot a career low 12.5 shots per game. His sacrifice his 20 and 8 to become a 15 and 5 player so Curry can dominate the ball and get experience as the main option. That to me is very unselfish and shows Marbury is one of the best in the NBA at adjusting to coaches and different situations. Also under Isiah, Marbury became more defensive minded and became defensively as good as any PG in the NBA.

Gary Payton is an NBA scrub now and totally invisible to the league. Putting him top 10 of currently point guards makes you literally autistic.

Tracy McGrady isn't a great player to you, some backwards country boy you are. So guys like Bowen and Prince are better than T'Mac cause they so happend to be a defensive championship team with all stars and elite coaches? Fool, its an individual comparision. Everyone would take T'Mac over those guys every fucking day in the week and twice on Sunday. T'Mac is just better than them, period.
Dance a jig? I'm glad all the low IQ hick Knick fans aren't in NYC. Keep that shit in Phoneix.

KnicksFan4Realz, Kidd took the Nets to the finals in 01-02 and 02-03. Guess how many points he averaged? 20. You're wrong once again. Nash also, he has been a 20 ppg player in the playoffs for Phoneix. Theres nothing wrong with averaging 20 points per game. Especially when you're the best player on the team. Kidd and Nash proved you can score 20 a game and still be ABLE to pass the ball and get teammates invovled. Marbury has done this his WHOLE career. Its not really his fault and you can't down him for not having the best situations in his career. You're just coming off of hate and no facts. Stop hating on Marbury. He's going to be our PG for the next 3 years. You better root the Suns and Nash's queer ass then if you don't like Marbury. Marbury is a New York kid and he's here to stay. He's a great guy who gives back to people who went through the same struggles he suffered as a child and an open player who's willing to adjust(and give up his impressive 20 and 8 numbers) for the best of the Knick's future(Curry, Lee, Balkman, Collins etc).

You made this thread off topic and turned it into a silly Marbury-hate agruement. This thread is about the top NBA PG's today. All time, Gary Payton isn't number one and right now, Payton isn't number. So you're wrong both ways. Thanks for bringing the most inconsistent top 10 PG list in internet history.

jimkcchief88!!!!!!!!!! learn how to use a period!!!!!!!! exclamation points doesn't prove your stupidity to be valid!!!!!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Alright fine TOP PG'S in the League that are relevant to their teams goes as follows...

1.) Tony Parker
2.) Steve Nash
3.) Jason Kidd
4.) Gilbert Arenas
5.) Chauncey Billups
6.) Baron Davis
7.) Jason Terry
8.) Derron Williams
9.) Chris Paul
10.) Kirk Hinrich

Marbury still does not make the top 10...because they can WIN without him, especially at the PG position. As I have said in another thread he would be much better doing what Philly did with Iverson...place him at the SG spot. And make Nate, or Collins your 1.

As far as greatest PG's of all time is concerned...in know particular order...

1.) Bob Cousy
2.) Oscar Robertson
3.) Walt Frazier
4.) Nate Archibald
5.) Pete Maravich
6.) Magic Johnson
7.) Isiah Thomas
8.) Gary Payton
9.) Jason Kidd
10.) Lenny Wilkens

As far as the KNICKS go..Patrick Ewing led that team to the Finals in 93/94. John Starks was great in GAME 6...accept for when he tried to go for the WIN instead of the TIE giving us a chance to win in overtime...that is where he fucked up. And then of course in Game 7 with his abysmal 2-18 performance. Which I still blame Riles for not playing Blackman in that spot since Starks had burnt his wad in game 6.

Tracy McGrady just like Marbury has yet to get it done in the playoffs. Similar is like A-ROD is for the Yankees. All season they shall be great, but when its crunch time they seem to fade away and cannot deliver. Don't know whether it is psychological...or what...but at some point some guy just isn't a playoff guy for whatever reason.

I don't care about Steph's charitable efforts...that's nice but this is about basketball. We had plenty of local products that can't do shit for the hometown team...ie Strickland and Kenny Anderson...remember them?

Marbury in 3 years will not even lead this team to the Conference Finals..what you going to say then? He did the best he could...champions deliver when there is pressure on line PERIOD. He has not, and never will. If he had that in him..would have seen it by now...because in 3 years...career is over...before he does perhaps become a role player on someone else's team. It's one thing to lose a title, it's another to never even come close to breathing and smelling the damned thing.

Tracy will suffer the same fate, just as Ray Allen has for the most part. Meanwhile Rip Hamilton who is not better than Tracy or Ray...has been there several times.

When Steph averages 20pts a game....team don't win..Nash and Kidd do it..team win...so what is Steph's problem? And Kidd did it without VC...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
What fact do I need to get straight??? That the guy has NEVER led a team to a PLAYOFF series win??? I got that fact straight. Maybe you are talking about a Jr High championship!!!

Don't change it up now... your original quote was "teams don't win with Marbury at point"... scroll up... by your logic KG has to be a scrub too... since he only sniffed the western finals once and has missed the playoffs for the last 3 seasons...

Like Rasheed Wallace once said about Cleveland last year, "Even the sun shines on a dog's ass" And thats the case with Chauncey. One Finals MVP, la de fucking da...just one finals MVP...that's his whole career.

Gary Payton will be a Hall of Famer...Chauncey will not be..Period.

Gary has 1 more ring than Marbury, and he atleast did carry his TEAM TO THE NBA FINALS. Unlike a certain other player in NY whom wears #3 and is not John Starks.

If all those INDIVIDUAL accomplishments meant more to GP than the Finals MVP... then why'd he chase rings in LA and Mia his final seasons? And I was a Sonics fan in 96... Payton didn't "carry" the team to a title... they had a squad... Kemp, Schremph, Perkins, Johnson, Marcilonus (sp?)... GP was there second best player... and in the finals he shriveled up... so again... either 96 or 2006... GP NEVER carried a team to the finals... PS... the Defensive POY didn't even guard MJ in the finals... they let him destroy Schrempf...

you put Steph on that LA team... or that Sea team... or that Mia team... they still reach the finals... you're lying to yourself if you say otherwise...

Alright fine TOP PG'S in the League that are relevant to their teams goes as follows...

1.) Tony Parker
2.) Steve Nash
3.) Jason Kidd
4.) Gilbert Arenas
5.) Chauncey Billups
6.) Baron Davis
7.) Jason Terry
8.) Derron Williams
9.) Chris Paul
10.) Kirk Hinrich

Marbury still does not make the top 10...because they can WIN without him, especially at the PG position. As I have said in another thread he would be much better doing what Philly did with Iverson...place him at the SG spot. And make Nate, or Collins your 1.

1.) Bob Cousy
2.) Oscar Robertson
3.) Walt Frazier
4.) Nate Archibald
5.) Pete Maravich
6.) Magic Johnson
7.) Isiah Thomas
8.) Gary Payton
9.) Jason Kidd
10.) Lenny Wilkens

Tracy will suffer the same fate, just as Ray Allen has for the most part. Meanwhile Rip Hamilton who is not better than Tracy or Ray...has been there several times.

When Steph averages 20pts a game....team don't win..Nash and Kidd do it..team win...so what is Steph's problem? And Kidd did it without VC...

ummm... Larry Brown made a mistake putting AI at 2... he admits it... AI admits it... it probably set him back more than it pushed him forward... yes they made the finals... but that team was constructed around AI specifically... do you want us to construct the team around a 30 year old steph at 2? c'mon... admit that you're a steph hater and I'll leave you alone...

Your all time list looks official...

so would you rank Rip ahead of T-Mac and Ray Allen? Ray made it to the conference finals and the conference semis in Mil... he brought Sea to the second round his first year there... but... he's not a winner either I guess... hopefully you see the error in your argument...

go jig for the hawks... steph doesn't run point over there...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Spot on. The point is that teams get better after Marbury leaves and we need to take that lesson to heart. The problem is that even though Marbury plays like a lower tier player he is paid like an upper tier player and the rest of the league knows teams don't win with him on the roster. So we are stuck like chuck with this guy.
Marbury plays like a lower tier player???? Dude, you should get your comments straight before you post something like that. The guy can drop 30 on any given night. LOWER TIER??????????????

Your on drugs.

nyk_nyk

All Star
AI played point at GT and in his first 2 or 3 years... then LB shifted him to 2... but yeah...

soooooooo... if your scores are composites between career, playoffs and finals... shouldn't chauncey be on your list anyway? his season averages (since coming to detroit) are 16 pts, 5 assts, 3 rebs, 1 steal... his playoff stats are even better 18 pts, 6 assts, 4 rbs, 1 steal... finals MVP and one chip... Payton has won no titles, no regular season MVPs, not even DPY... then you add Williams and Paul who have accomplished nothing and continue to say your list is valid...

Steph has career playoff averages of 19.4 pts, 6.7 assts, 3.8 rebs and 1.6 steals in 18 playoff games... season career averages are 19.9 pts, 7.9 assts, 3.0 rebs, 1.0 steal... since finals only count if applicable... I dare you to name someone else on your list who has better numbers than Steph...

be for real... you don't like Steph or Chauncy... don't front like you made an objective list when you used the same subjective criteria that you blame Metro for using...

ummmmm... yeah... definately not biased against steph... i take it back...

Minnesota won... Phoenix won... the Knicks won in his first year... THE ONLY TEAM THAT DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH MARBURY WAS NEW JERSEY... this is a fallacious argument... get your facts right before spitting on steph...

ummm... you really think we'd be better with Bibby than Steph? the only time Bibby made the playoffs... deep into the playoffs... he was on a loaded roster... Peja, Webber, Christie, Miller, Turkolu, Bobby Jackson... if Marbury was in Sacto... they would have done the same... what criteria makes TJ Ford, Cassel and Bibby better points than CP3?

Great post!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Because it was the only thing GP was missing, just as it's the same thing Patrick Ewing is missing...you accomplish all you can individually as a player..the only thing left is to win a championship..Mario Elie will never be a Hall of Famer..but he has I think 3 or 5 rings....

I've never stated I liked Steph in the first place..I have always say I think he as a player is bad for the team. Not saying anything new here....

Yeah it's too late to construct a team around Steph but I do think with his much better offensive ability he'd be better off at the 2 spot. He offensively FG% wise is much more consistent than Crawford, and much more healthy than Qrich...so I think this would be the best utilization for him. Basically, starting 2 pg's....I think it would work better with him and someone else in the back court handling the rock more often. There would be some match up problems night to night..but with his quickness he should at least be able to draw 3 fouls on his man...and not get beat off the dribble forcing his opponent to shoot...

I would not rank Rip ahead of Tracy or Ray. What I was saying was Rip has won a title, and is not the most talented SG in the league. The fact that he won without being the most talented..yes he had help..but he was a key player..DET basically as 5 role players in the starting 5..well had 5 minus Big Ben...

Tracy and Ray as talented as they are...are not going to come close to winning a title. Yeah help is apart of it...but a leader takes over a team..a leader gets his team closer to the win...tired of seeing Tracy crying..not saying it's all his fault..he is only one man at the end of the day. But other players have pretty much done it by themselves with the role players they get around them..because you make them better. Larry Bird made the guys around him better...Patrick made guys around him better...Reggie Miller made guys around him better....Iverson even for 1 season made guys around him good enough to go to the Finals....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Don't change it up now... your original quote was "teams don't win with Marbury at point"... scroll up... by your logic KG has to be a scrub too... since he only sniffed the western finals once and has missed the playoffs for the last 3 seasons...

If all those INDIVIDUAL accomplishments meant more to GP than the Finals MVP... then why'd he chase rings in LA and Mia his final seasons? And I was a Sonics fan in 96... Payton didn't "carry" the team to a title... they had a squad... Kemp, Schremph, Perkins, Johnson, Marcilonus (sp?)... GP was there second best player... and in the finals he shriveled up... so again... either 96 or 2006... GP NEVER carried a team to the finals... PS... the Defensive POY didn't even guard MJ in the finals... they let him destroy Schrempf...

you put Steph on that LA team... or that Sea team... or that Mia team... they still reach the finals... you're lying to yourself if you say otherwise...

ummm... Larry Brown made a mistake putting AI at 2... he admits it... AI admits it... it probably set him back more than it pushed him forward... yes they made the finals... but that team was constructed around AI specifically... do you want us to construct the team around a 30 year old steph at 2? c'mon... admit that you're a steph hater and I'll leave you alone...

Your all time list looks official...

so would you rank Rip ahead of T-Mac and Ray Allen? Ray made it to the conference finals and the conference semis in Mil... he brought Sea to the second round his first year there... but... he's not a winner either I guess... hopefully you see the error in your argument...

go jig for the hawks... steph doesn't run point over there...

Dude, I ain't changin' nothin' up. You scroll. I said teams that have Marbury at the point don't win. You are the one that stated that the Suns and Wolves won with him to which I replied not in the playoffs. Don't put words in my mouth.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Marbury plays like a lower tier player???? Dude, you should get your comments straight before you post something like that. The guy can drop 30 on any given night. LOWER TIER??????????????

Your on drugs.

The guy averaged 16 points a game last season. So that means all those 30 point games must be offset by alot of 2 point games.

metrocard

Legend

1.) Tony Parker
2.) Steve Nash
3.) Jason Kidd
4.) Gilbert Arenas
5.) Chauncey Billups
6.) Baron Davis
7.) Jason Terry
8.) Derron Williams
9.) Chris Paul
10.) Kirk Hinrich

1.) Bob Cousy
2.) Oscar Robertson
3.) Walt Frazier
4.) Nate Archibald
5.) Pete Maravich
6.) Magic Johnson
7.) Isiah Thomas
8.) Gary Payton
9.) Jason Kidd
10.) Lenny Wilkens

As far as the KNICKS go..Patrick Ewing led that team to the Finals in 93/94. John Starks was great in GAME 6...accept for when he tried to go for the WIN instead of the TIE giving us a chance to win in overtime...that is where he fucked up. And then of course in Game 7 with his abysmal 2-18 performance. Which I still blame Riles for not playing Blackman in that spot since Starks had burnt his wad in game 6.

Tracy McGrady just like Marbury has yet to get it done in the playoffs. Similar is like A-ROD is for the Yankees. All season they shall be great, but when its crunch time they seem to fade away and cannot deliver. Don't know whether it is psychological...or what...but at some point some guy just isn't a playoff guy for whatever reason.

I don't care about Steph's charitable efforts...that's nice but this is about basketball. We had plenty of local products that can't do shit for the hometown team...ie Strickland and Kenny Anderson...remember them?

Marbury in 3 years will not even lead this team to the Conference Finals..what you going to say then? He did the best he could...champions deliver when there is pressure on line PERIOD. He has not, and never will. If he had that in him..would have seen it by now...because in 3 years...career is over...before he does perhaps become a role player on someone else's team. It's one thing to lose a title, it's another to never even come close to breathing and smelling the damned thing.

Tony Parker isn't the best PG in the NBA. He's a poor defender, passer, and lacks the range. Playing with the best all around player, and the greatest PF of all time doesn't make you the best PG in the NBA.

Dude...everything Baron Davis does, Marbury does. Davis isn't even a good defender and chucks up alot of 3pt shots and shoots a low FG%. He's also injury prone. Baron Davis and Marbury are in the same level; with Marbury having the slight edge. For you to put Davis near your top 5 just proves you have a bias against Marbury.

Jason Terry isn't even the 2nd best player on the Mavericks. Seriously, are you pulling these rankings out of your ass? Playing on the team with the best RECORD doesn't automatically put you on a top 10 PG list. Terry isn't a better passer, defender or better overall PG than Marbury. I'll take Terry's jumpshot over Marbury, but honestly who's was Jason Terry before Dallas? He was putting up decent stats in Alanta and losing. Jason Terry isn't even an all star and has never been near All Star level. Being the PG of the team with the best record in the NBA doesn't make you elite. Terry always been a great PG, but never has been better than Stephon Marbury, from the Hawks to now.

Marbury >>> Hinrich. Hinrich will never be an all star in this league. He's a B-level PG who fits Chicago's role nicely. He won't play a bigger role in his career, cause he has his limits.

I could respect your all time PG rankings.

With all that said, how the hell did you establish your first PG rankings? That was so crazy and random, and I was like wtf...where does this dude get his bud from.

A'Rod for the Yankees...true. But that doesn't change the fact A'Rod is the best player in the American league and has been for almost a decade.

Ray Allen > Rip too. Rip won a title because he's on a good team with the best group of players in the league. It doesn't make him the best SG in the league. Kobe only plays with one border-line all star who's injury prone. The result? You don't see Kobe in the Western Conference finals anymore. With Shaq, they were a dynasty. Now with Walton, Bynum, Cook etc, they're just an 8th at best. Now Kobe isn't the best SG in the NBA? He is, and will be till he retires, doesn't matter if he wins a title or not.

All I'm saying T'Mac > Bowen, Teyshaun. Bowen and Teyshaun aren't top 5 SF in the NBA. T'Mac would be found in the top 3 of all SF's in the NBA.

lol...where does Kevin Garnett fall on your top PF rankings...Number 9; with Robert Horry ahead of him? Kevin Garnett is a prime example when you don't have the right players around you can't carry your team by yourself to the finals. When the T'Wolves finally had some mentionable players like Sprewell, Cassel, and Wally to held Garnett, they made it to the West Conference finals.

Another point I want to make, winning does help your resume as a player in any league. But you shouldn't emphasize so much to the point that player becomes ranked above players he isn't better than. Its that simple.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Metro you are sounding crazy right now. Marbury better than Baron Davis??? Did you even watch any of the playoffs??? Baron Davis leads a barely .500 team to the biggest upset in NBA playoff history since the Dikembe Nuggets knocked off the Sonics while Marbury was riding the pine when the Knicks needed him the most. Skill set may be the same but Baron has twice the heart of Marbury. Whenever the Warriors needed a pick-me up Baron was there getting a steal or a big three or got to the foul line. Marbury will NEVER be that type of player. Not knocking Marbury but some guys just don't have it in them. How about calling Barkley and Kenny " The Jet" Smith and telling them that Marbury is better than Baron Davis. They will have a "gone fishing" portrait ready complete with a fitted fisherman's hat. PERIOD.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I've never stated I liked Steph in the first place..I have always say I think he as a player is bad for the team. Not saying anything new here....

Yeah it's too late to construct a team around Steph but I do think with his much better offensive ability he'd be better off at the 2 spot. He offensively FG% wise is much more consistent than Crawford, and much more healthy than Qrich...so I think this would be the best utilization for him. Basically, starting 2 pg's....I think it would work better with him and someone else in the back court handling the rock more often. There would be some match up problems night to night..but with his quickness he should at least be able to draw 3 fouls on his man...and not get beat off the dribble forcing his opponent to shoot...

I would not rank Rip ahead of Tracy or Ray. What I was saying was Rip has won a title, and is not the most talented SG in the league. The fact that he won without being the most talented..yes he had help..but he was a key player..DET basically as 5 role players in the starting 5..well had 5 minus Big Ben...

Tracy and Ray as talented as they are...are not going to come close to winning a title. Yeah help is apart of it...but a leader takes over a team..a leader gets his team closer to the win...tired of seeing Tracy crying..not saying it's all his fault..he is only one man at the end of the day. But other players have pretty much done it by themselves with the role players they get around them..because you make them better. Larry Bird made the guys around him better...Patrick made guys around him better...Reggie Miller made guys around him better....Iverson even for 1 season made guys around him good enough to go to the Finals....

when not liking clouds your vision... that's hate... plain and simple... thanks for admitting it... your bias was evident...

so because steph has a high FG % he should be a 2 guard? maybe Nash should run the 2 at phoenix too... 2pgs... at the same time... hmmmm... too bad we traded steve francis... he could take care of the point guard responsibilities for steph... too bad NO ONE ever tried that... we'd win the chip for sure...

so if Rip... who is not the best SG can win with help... can steph... who cracks your top 20 can't win with help? again... your bias is clouding your argument my dude...

Larry Bird played with... Top 50 NBA players Kevin McHale and Robert Parish... former finals MVP Dennis Johnson... Danny Ainge... former league MVP Bill Walton... not hard to "make" everyone else around you better when they're HOF already...

Reggie had Ric Smits, Mark Jackson, Dale and Antonio Davis... again... nice supporting cast...

Patrick is a post player... as history has shown... it's easier to win with a dominant post player on your roster than with a dominant point guard...

Iverson's team was designed around his talents... defensive hustle... offensive rebounds... and a great help defender in the middle (motumbo)...

you're proving my point... get steph the help... and he too can win... name the last time a team won with a dominant point guard and nothing else? now that he has Curry and Randolph to take the offensive pressure off him... the knicks will be even more dangerous since he can still bust out those 30/40 point games...

Metro you are sounding crazy right now. Marbury better than Baron Davis??? Did you even watch any of the playoffs??? Baron Davis leads a barely .500 team to the biggest upset in NBA playoff history since the Dikembe Nuggets knocked off the Sonics while Marbury was riding the pine when the Knicks needed him the most. Skill set may be the same but Baron has twice the heart of Marbury. Whenever the Warriors needed a pick-me up Baron was there getting a steal or a big three or got to the foul line. Marbury will NEVER be that type of player. Not knocking Marbury but some guys just don't have it in them. How about calling Barkley and Kenny " The Jet" Smith and telling them that Marbury is better than Baron Davis. They will have a "gone fishing" portrait ready complete with a fitted fisherman's hat. PERIOD.

before last season... when was the last time you talked about Baron Davis? When he was in Charlotte? look... one season shouldn't override a career... BDiddy hasn't played an entire season since 2002... talentwise... he's probably #2 behind JKidd... remember that mvp-like run he had in Charlotte? fact is... golden state didn't go on a run this year until jackson and harrington came... even the great BDiddy needed help... let's not underestimate the benefits of playing with Nellie... who coached Dallas for 3 or so years... Avery's mentor... Nellie got into Nellie's head as much as Diddy got up in Dallas' ass...

metrocard

Legend

barely .500? Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, Al Harrington, Andris Bendrins, JAX...thats a pretty damn good supporting cast along with Don Nelson as head coach.

YES I WATCHED THE PLAYOFFS!!! WHY DO YOU USE EXCLAMATION MARKS 3 TIMES???

Baron had a great playoffs series. Kudos to him. Davis is fishing with Marbury too, you're a couple months late.

It doesn't change the fact Davis is one of the most injury prone PG's in the NBA. At best he'll play 70 games, and he only played 62 for Golden State. He hasn't played a full NBA season since 2001. Thats 6 fucking years, this dude is as injury prone as Grant Hill.

His best FG% is 43...thats like Marbury's career average. Davis is normally a 40-41% FG shooter on 18 ppg. He's accually on the same level with Marbury on terms of passing. He's accually a below average 3pt shooter at 32%, and accually almost took 600 threes one season(crazy). His weaknesses are his injuries and his shot selection.

I'll tell you what about Davis, those injuries held him back from having possibly a hall of fame career. He had it all, the hops, the ability at PG, the size, everything. I remember him in the 1999, he was one of the most explosive PG's I ever seen in my life.

But Marbury's consistancy > Davis. Davis gotta stay healthy till be becomes a top 5 PG again.

Overall talent, Davis is probably the best you can find at PG. But as an overall player, Davis falls to the same level with Marbury, which isn't bad.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
barely .500? Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, Al Harrington, Andris Bendrins, JAX...thats a pretty damn good supporting cast along with Don Nelson as head coach.

YES I WATCHED THE PLAYOFFS!!! WHY DO YOU USE EXCLAMATION MARKS 3 TIMES???

Baron had a great playoffs series. Kudos to him. Davis is fishing with Marbury too, you're a couple months late.

It doesn't change the fact Davis is one of the most injury prone PG's in the NBA. At best he'll play 70 games, and he only played 62 for Golden State. He hasn't played a full NBA season since 2001. Thats 6 fucking years, this dude is as injury prone as Grant Hill.

His best FG% is 43...thats like Marbury's career average. Davis is normally a 40-41% FG shooter on 18 ppg. He's accually on the same level with Marbury on terms of passing. He's accually a below average 3pt shooter at 32%, and accually almost took 600 threes one season(crazy). His weaknesses are his injuries and his shot selection.

I'll tell you what about Davis, those injuries held him back from having possibly a hall of fame career. He had it all, the hops, the ability at PG, the size, everything. I remember him in the 1999, he was one of the most explosive PG's I ever seen in my life.

But Marbury's consistancy > Davis. Davis gotta stay healthy till be becomes a top 5 PG again.

Overall talent, Davis is probably the best you can find at PG. But as an overall player, Davis falls to the same level with Marbury, which isn't bad.

well said... but you mean question marks (?) not exclamation points (!)

jpz17

Starter
Marbury not too high on list

1. Steve Nash
2. Gilber Arenas
3. Jason Kidd
4. Tony Parker
4.5. Baron Davis
6. Deron Williams
6. Chauncey Billups
7. Chris Paul
8. Allen Iverson
9. Starbury
10. Mike Bibby
11. Jason Terry
12. Kirk Hinrich
13. Delonte West
14. Ray Felton
15. Speddy Claxton
16. Andre Miller
17. Earl Boykins
18. Smush Parker
19. Dan Gibson
20. Jason Williams

jpz17

Starter
1. Steve Nash
2. Gilber Arenas
3. Jason Kidd
4. Tony Parker
4.5. Baron Davis
6. Deron Williams
6. Chauncey Billups
7. Chris Paul
8. Allen Iverson
9. Starbury
10. Mike Bibby
11. Jason Terry
12. Kirk Hinrich
13. Delonte West
14. Ray Felton
15. Speddy Claxton
16. Andre Miller
17. Earl Boykins
18. Smush Parker
19. Dan Gibson
20. Jason Williams

OPPS I should've put TJ Ford and Sam Cassel in the top 10 or so

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Now Listen All Of U Guyz Who Saying Stephon Marbury Is A Looser Need To Get Ur Facts Straight. First Of All Jason Kidd Was Drafted By The Dallas Mavericks, What Did He Accomplish With Me Mavericks Nothing. He Was A Distraction To That Team With His Off The Court Issue With His Wife. Then Got Traded To The Phoenix Where They Made It To The Playoffs Not Because Of Him But Because He Had The Supporting Cast. Meanwhile He Was Traded To New Jersey For Stephom Marbury Where He Had A Healthy Kerry Kittles, Healthy Keyon Martin And A Rookie From Arizona In Richard Jefferson.they Made It To The Finals Twice And Got Swept By The Lakers And Spurs Granteed. So Tell Me What In The Hell Makes Jason Kidd And Steve Nash Better Than Marbury, When None Of These Men Has Ever Won A Championship. To Me An Athlet Is Categorized As An Achiever If And When He Or She Has Won A Championship. To Me All Three Men Are Lossers Cos None Of Them Have A Trophy Or Ring To Show For It. Secondly U Guys Just Say Anything U Hear From The Media, Just Because The Guy Leave The Team Don't Make The Team Better. They Don't Become Better Cos Stephon Marbury Was Traded. Look At Karl Marlon And John Stockton, One Of The Best Power Forward And Point Guard To Ever Play This Game, That Don't Mean They Are Winners Cos They Aint Got The Trophy Or Ring To Show For It. Therefore U People Need To Research And Get Ur Facts Straight, U Making This Guy Look Like He Is The Bad Guy On Every Team He Plays On.

Kiyaman

Legend
Now Listen All Of U Guyz Who Saying Stephon Marbury Is A Looser Need To Get Ur Facts Straight. First Of All Jason Kidd Was Drafted By The Dallas Mavericks, What Did He Accomplish With Me Mavericks Nothing. He Was A Distraction To That Team With His Off The Court Issue With His Wife. Then Got Traded To The Phoenix Where They Made It To The Playoffs Not Because Of Him But Because He Had The Supporting Cast. Meanwhile He Was Traded To New Jersey For Stephom Marbury Where He Had A Healthy Kerry Kittles, Healthy Keyon Martin And A Rookie From Arizona In Richard Jefferson.they Made It To The Finals Twice And Got Swept By The Lakers And Spurs Granteed. So Tell Me What In The Hell Makes Jason Kidd And Steve Nash Better Than Marbury, When None Of These Men Has Ever Won A Championship. To Me An Athlet Is Categorized As An Achiever If And When He Or She Has Won A Championship. To Me All Three Men Are Lossers Cos None Of Them Have A Trophy Or Ring To Show For It. Secondly U Guys Just Say Anything U Hear From The Media, Just Because The Guy Leave The Team Don't Make The Team Better. They Don't Become Better Cos Stephon Marbury Was Traded. Look At Karl Marlon And John Stockton, One Of The Best Power Forward And Point Guard To Ever Play This Game, That Don't Mean They Are Winners Cos They Aint Got The Trophy Or Ring To Show For It. Therefore U People Need To Research And Get Ur Facts Straight, U Making This Guy Look Like He Is The Bad Guy On Every Team He Plays On.

Marbury is not a Team Player. You can not mention one Player in the NBA that Marbury ever meshed with as a teammate. Basketball is a Team Sport.