Who do you think will be on the 12 man roster at season start?

jzero29

Rotation player
We have a ton of players. The two draft picks 2007 1 wilson chandler and 2 demetris nichols,returning 3 renaldo balkman,4 mardy collins, 5 david lee, 6 nate robison, 7 eddy curry, 8 steph marbury, 9 Q-rich, 10 jamal crawford, 11 jarred jefferies, 12 randolph morris, 13 malik rose, 14 Jerome james and new commers 15 zack randolph, 16 dan dickau, 17 fred jones and free agent 18 kelvin kato.

I think it's safe to say kato will not be signed. So that leave 17 players with 12 roster spots. How in the world would you get down to 12.
I like malik rose but he probably will be released. So thats 16 players left I'd like to say goodbye to jerome james. But how? Besides then you'll be left with randolph morris and jarred jefferies as back up centers, not very heavy.
we have an overload at every other position. 4 point guards dan dickau(if you count mardy collins and nate robinson as point guards and steph for that matter.) all shooting guard type guards. then we have shooting guards, jamal crawford, q-rich?,fred jones. small/power forwards zack randolph, david lee, jared jefferies? wilson chandler , randolph morriss, renaldo balkman demetriss nichols, how many is that (not including q rich who may see time at small forward)
obviously starting pg-marbury, c-curry and F-z.randolph
the other guard and forward position? q-rich crawdford? lee? jeffereis?
I am anxious to see both, who do you think will be the final 12 man roster? and who do you think will start?

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I found out last night that we could send Nichols 2 europe 4 a yr. and sign him next yr (2008-09sea.) If we did that, that would leave us w/ 16 players on our roster. The max amount of players per roster is 15 (12 active and 3 on IR list.) I think we should try and trade Jefferies, Nate, and a 1st round pick 2 the Kings 4 Artest.

Starting 5
Marbury
Crawford
Artest
ZBo
Curry

Bench
Dickau
Jones
Q
Balman
Lee
Collins
Chandler

Suits
Rose
James

Not Bad....

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I wouldn't do the trade... but I think that we should try to buy out burger king and maybe trade fred jones for cash... I like Dikau in case Mardy isn't ready at the start of the season...

Starters

Steph
Crawford
QRich
Zebo
Curry

Bench

Dlee - PF/C
Balkman - SF/PF/C
Nate - PG/SG
Nichols - SG/SF
Morris - C/PF
Chandler - SF/SG
Collins - PG/SG

Inactive

Rose
Dikau

I think Nichols could steal Crawford's spot if he can show the same consistency and good decision making skills that he's displayed in the summer league...

naterob4

Benchwarmer
Starters: Marbury, Crawford, Richardson, Randolph, Curry
Bench: Lee, Balkman, Nate, Collins will play.....Nichols, Jeffries, Chandler

IR: Malik, Burger, Moris

See Ya: Fred Jones, Dan Dickau, and hopefully Jeffries and Burger
That would be my favorite team and we would have every area covered. Bigs in Curry and Zbo will play almost all game and Balkman and Lee will play some center when we want to play a little more fast paced with nate in. This team is clicking in summer league and hopefully will do so all year long.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
This list could and should change with Zeke's due dilligence. But as it stands it should look like this

Marbury - Crawford - Richardson - Randolph - Curry

Jeffries - Lee - Collins - Balkman - Chandler - Robinson - Rose

The rest .. James - Morris - Dickau

Jones and Nicholas not on team - Nichols being sent to Europe...

But Like i said trades should occur... Randolph - Chandler - Dickau, Jones, Crawford and Robinson as well as Richardson, are all people I can see the Knicks trading away... for the right price of course

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
After carfully considering the talent filled players of the NY Knicks

Here is my take:

Starters:
marbury
crawford
Richardson
Zebo
Curry

Bench:
Lee
Balkman
Robinson
Collins
Morris/Rose
Chandler
Jefferies/Nichols/Jones

Inactive
Jefferies/Nichols/Jones
Rose/Morris

Dickau is released and JJames gets a buyout or is ubruptly released.
I got a gut feeling this will in fact be the lineup to expect starting the season

This lineup is playoff bound without any exception.:gony:

jzero29

Rotation player
my roster

I didn't know we could send Nichols to europe, so I guess you have to send Nichols him (I liked him in summer league, Could be future SG of NY KNICKS). Some how ride ourselves of james or IR. Unfortunetely Rose is out also, cheapest Buy out, plus some trade value expiring contract. Obviously not sign Kato. put rookie Chandler on IR.
Your right the Starters will be

PG marbury (1)
SG crawford (2)
SF q-rich (3)
PF Z Randolh (4)
C Curry (5)

Bench
Lee (6)
Balkman (7)
Robinson (8)
Morris (9)
Jefferies (10)
Collins (11)
Dickau (12)

IR
Chandler
Jones
Jerome James(only because his contract is unmovable and to much to buyout)

Europe
Nichols, I'd really like to see him this season though(more than chandler)

However, if you could trade any combination of crawford,rose, james,Jones or Dickau, chandler and or jeffereis. For just about anyone+draft picks. I'd take it.
My impossible dream starters would be
marbury
q-rich
Lee
Randolph
Curry
Crawford Gone! Heck I'd take Houston(not at 100mil) back over Crawford. He was the best shooting guard we've had in recent years.
Nichols off bench

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
I didn't know we could send Nichols to europe, so I guess you have to send Nichols him (I liked him in summer league, Could be future SG of NY KNICKS). Some how ride ourselves of james or IR. Unfortunetely Rose is out also, cheapest Buy out, plus some trade value expiring contract. Obviously not sign Kato. put rookie Chandler on IR.
Your right the Starters will be

PG marbury (1)
SG crawford (2)
SF q-rich (3)
PF Z Randolh (4)
C Curry (5)

Bench
Lee (6)
Balkman (7)
Robinson (8)
Morris (9)
Jefferies (10)
Collins (11)
Dickau (12)

IR
Chandler
Jones
Jerome James(only because his contract is unmovable and to much to buyout)

Europe
Nichols, I'd really like to see him this season though(more than chandler)

However, if you could trade any combination of crawford,rose, james,Jones or Dickau, chandler and or jeffereis. For just about anyone+draft picks. I'd take it.
My impossible dream starters would be
marbury
q-rich
Lee
Randolph
Curry
Crawford Gone! Heck I'd take Houston(not at 100mil) back over Crawford. He was the best shooting guard we've had in recent years.
Nichols off bench

The problem with buying out both rose and james is that now our bench is thin with true big men. are u sure morris is ready to be the back up center? he has almost 0 experience besides 5 games. maybe we keep rose and just get rid or carl pavano.
Crawford should be on the bench. Start Q at 2, balkman at 3. If the SG is too quick for Q, balkman can take em. (i hope; lol).
or start collins at 1, marbury at 2. Steph's D was solid last yr and collins has good size to gaurd both PG and SG positions.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Starters

Curry-Randolph-Richardson-Crawford-Marbury

Bench

Lee-Balkman-Nate-Collins-Jeffries-Rose-Jones

Inactive
Chandler
Morris
Nichols

See Ya- Dickau, James