Starters vs Bench

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Hey man, I understand it's how I grew up too. I just want to challenge not only you, but all who use the site to be respectful of each other. That includes myself. I just hate the N word. I love Big Pun too (R.I.P. Big Pun), but my love for hip hop is wanning cause the constituents won't challenge themselves to raise not only their own consciousness, but the kids that listen to the lyrics. Thanks for your undestanding, continued blessings.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Metro... Carpy... I think we got a solution here...

Ayo I shatter dreams
like Jordan assualt and Batter your team
your squadron will be barred from rap
like adam and eve from the garden

reuel

Rookie
Maybe Randolph/Curry > Boozer/Okur?

No No No No No No No...Okur can flat out shoot the ball. There is nothing you can do on the defensive end to stop boozer from scoring. boozer can pass out of the double team (which curry can't get the idea of) and he plays defense. so don't compare these two, or even question if they are better, unless this season proves otherwise.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Okur can shoot but cannot put it on the ground like Zebo... nor is he as effective in the post... in fact... the only advantage Okur has on Zebo is the trey...

Boozer can ball flat out... but i think collectively... Curry and Zebo can potentially bring more to the table than Okur/Boozer...

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey man, I understand it's how I grew up too. I just want to challenge not only you, but all who use the site to be respectful of each other. That includes myself. I just hate the N word. I love Big Pun too (R.I.P. Big Pun), but my love for hip hop is wanning cause the constituents won't challenge themselves to raise not only their own consciousness, but the kids that listen to the lyrics. Thanks for your undestanding, continued blessings.

I'm 50 years old, born in Cross, South Caralina, and heard the N-Word in just about every form of usage there is before 1976 (In and outside of USA).
People 30 years an under who justify the use of the N-WORD is just Cop-Outs to their own IGNORANCE of never learning any importance about the "ROOTS" of Black-History on the shores of the Motherland and the Western Hemesphere for the last SIX centuries. Major Countries school system will not teach 25% of the truth of Black-History worldwide. So 85% of Black-People wordwide is indirectly taught SELF-Hatred. "If you dont know your past then how could you stop your past from becomming your FUTURE".

The word Black! when considered as a people has nothing to do with colour of Skin, its all about the Struggle and endurance to survive that a Race of People went through for the last 600 years Worldwide. Africa Colonialism was just as bad as Black-Slavery in North America and South America where Black People are still 400 years behind in the economic growth as a people. And the use of the N-Word today is only going to make it 500 years behind...

Kiyaman

Legend
No No No No No No No...Okur can flat out shoot the ball. There is nothing you can do on the defensive end to stop boozer from scoring. boozer can pass out of the double team (which curry can't get the idea of) and he plays defense. so don't compare these two, or even question if they are better, unless this season proves otherwise.

Okur is a great Backup Center! He is not a Starter or Finisher (Like Boozer is at the PF position).

The Court is still in session about Curry being a Starter & Finisher.

jzero29

Rotation player
We play in easter confrence

lets not get over uor heads now, this is only the summer league....when morris, plays againts guyl like duncan, yao, shaq, amare, howard, okafor, garnett, bosh, brand, and a few more of the seasoned all star caliber centers and power fowards, then we can really assess his talents.....he's good so far, but our starter will murder our bench
Your point is silly
1, morris isn't a starter, so he probaly would be playing against other teams back up bigman.
2 most guys named from western confrence except shaq and bosh. So how many games can that be in? East has softer centers.
3 He's a rookie, he played well, give him some credit and value his potential. Something every knick fan and his mother gives to entering 8th season guard crawford!
4 No ones saying morris duncan is a good matchup??? Can you name anyone who is a good match up against those players? So only they would be good matchups with each other and there should never again be a new center in the league? Would you compare oden to duncan? do you think oden will fair well against duncan, garnett, shaq yao(who took a couple years to become dominant) Even a young shaq took his lumps from hakeem the dream in the finals that year. Morris played 5 only a few NBA games, he has potential, lets seem him play a couple. Look at Jackie butler. He was a nobody center and he played decent for a young center, when he was with the knicks, before he got burried on san antonios bench. Would you rather have a plodding jerome james?!! J.James minus a couple pounds in shape, ready to play maybe. But I'd rather see new blood. Tell me it hasn't been fun watching nate, lee, frye, balckman? THe knicks were terrible but you can see these guys develope you can see them play so hard, the kind of hustle often lacking from guys with their long overpaid contracts. Do you think jerome james is worried about his playing time? do you think he'll come to camp in shape? Not a chance. Will anything bad happen to him if he does? Nope he'll still get paid his ridiculous contracts.

reuel

Rookie
Okur is a great Backup Center! He is not a Starter or Finisher (Like Boozer is at the PF position).

The Court is still in session about Curry being a Starter & Finisher.

Mehmet okur- played in 80 games this season STARTING in 80 Games averaging 17.4 PPG 7.2 RPG 0.5 Blocks 2.0 Assists

Eddy Curry - 19.5 PPG 7.0 RPG 0.5 Blocks 0.8 Assists

Mehmet Okur averaged 17.4 ppg and more reboundsall while being the 2nd or 3rd option on his team (Deron got more touches and more shots). he also is in the Western Conference playing against the likes of duncan and yao night in and night out. he was an all-start last season.

Eddy Curry was the focal point of the Knicks offense for a whole season, he averages 19.5 points. the big scorers marbury, crawford, and even Q all missed substantial amount of time. even if the knicks didnt win while they were out, this could and should have been an automatic stat boosting time for Curry. Curry has yet to prove anything besides that he is Big! lLet the man play basketball and prove something before you start comparing him to other All-star quality players in the NBA

We all should know who's better between Boozer and Randolph!

Kiyaman

Legend
I forgot to mention that Okur has been in the league for 3 years compared to Curry's 5

Okur was a Piston for 3 years. Who is comparing Curry to Okur? I wrote, "The Court is still in session about Curry being a Starter or Finisher".

Yeah Right, Okur is a ALL-STAR like BIG Z, Marbury, Francis, and Elton. LOL

Toons

is the Bo$$
Okur has been in the league for 5 years, and is 3 years older than curry....This is curry's 6th season....where do u get your info from?

Toons

is the Bo$$
Your point is silly
1, morris isn't a starter, so he probaly would be playing against other teams back up bigman.
2 most guys named from western confrence except shaq and bosh. So how many games can that be in? East has softer centers.
3 He's a rookie, he played well, give him some credit and value his potential. Something every knick fan and his mother gives to entering 8th season guard crawford!
4 No ones saying morris duncan is a good matchup??? Can you name anyone who is a good match up against those players? So only they would be good matchups with each other and there should never again be a new center in the league? Would you compare oden to duncan? do you think oden will fair well against duncan, garnett, shaq yao(who took a couple years to become dominant) Even a young shaq took his lumps from hakeem the dream in the finals that year. Morris played 5 only a few NBA games, he has potential, lets seem him play a couple. Look at Jackie butler. He was a nobody center and he played decent for a young center, when he was with the knicks, before he got burried on san antonios bench. Would you rather have a plodding jerome james?!! J.James minus a couple pounds in shape, ready to play maybe. But I'd rather see new blood. Tell me it hasn't been fun watching nate, lee, frye, balckman? THe knicks were terrible but you can see these guys develope you can see them play so hard, the kind of hustle often lacking from guys with their long overpaid contracts. Do you think jerome james is worried about his playing time? do you think he'll come to camp in shape? Not a chance. Will anything bad happen to him if he does? Nope he'll still get paid his ridiculous contracts.

My point is silly? LMAO.....do you watch basketball?? Morris wont play against the starters because he will come off of the bench? LMAO...where did you pull that one from? lets talk about some east centers and PF 's, Dwight Howard, Al Jefferson, Dalembert, Bosh, Shaq, Ben Wallace, And thats not even the good Fowards, or even the west.... and technically you are contradicting yourself....im saying, dont get too hyped up about summer league and dont expect these rookies to take us to the finals....but you say my point is silly, you speak of their talent and value.....but then you go back and say that it takes time for the players to delvelop and be able to defend the likes of yao, duncan etc. Yea it was fun watching the summer league and watching the knicks win, but i think a few of us aer going through withdrawal symptoms of not watching NBA basketball, Knick basketball to be precise. ....Forget all that jerome james shit, cuz i wasnt even on that run, but my post was really to say that our starters would kill our bench....look oat the post topic

Kiyaman

Legend
Wazup Toons, you say that our Starters will kill our bench, and I say they wont for the fact which showed in the last two seasons.
Our Young-Bench players seem to mesh together well enough to out play our Starters. Our Knick Starters been playing inconsistently as if there is no chemistry with each other, or as if they dont want to be on the court with certain players.

For starters, Q.Richardson consistent well performance early last season was put to a stop as soon as Jared Jefferies was added to the Starting lineup. Q.Rich came down with a chronic back injury that put him in plain clothes each game. Which became suspicious after Jared Jefferies came off the injured-list and played his first game as a Knick and received 30 MPG off the bench in a losing game, and then become a Starter his second game alongside of Q.Rich in the Starting lineup. After that second game Q.Rich went on the injured list. And the third game with Jared Jefferies in it and Q.Rich sidelined with injuries the Knicks lost that game in the middle of the first-quarter vs the Denver Nuggets which caused the "DENVER-BRAWL".

Thats right! the "Denver Brawl" was Jared Jefferies third game playing as a Knick.
What happen when Jared Jefferies got suspended for the next three games?
Without Jared Jefferies, Q.Rich, Nate, and Collins ....
The Knicks WON 4 out of the next 5 games with Eddy Curry only getting 24 MPG within those 5 games. Players Frye, Lee, and Balkman average 30 MPG in those 5 games inwhich the Knicks WON 4 of them, that is when we seen Cato come into the game and add some veteran-spirit of energy off the bench in the second half of each game. We also seen Rookie Renaldo Balkman do the samething he just did in the Summer league games in those 5 games playing Point Foward by rebounding and dribbling the ball up court to start a fastbreak that 80% ended up with the Knicks scoring.

We need to stop thinking that alot of these young athletic players in the NBA straight out of College dont have a BRAIN on how to WIN or beat NBA oponents. That is the Old NBA Coach philosophy who thought that same way about the ABA teams in the 1970's, untill half of the NBA Fans started going to the ABA Games.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Mehmet okur- played in 80 games this season STARTING in 80 Games averaging 17.4 PPG 7.2 RPG 0.5 Blocks 2.0 Assists

Eddy Curry - 19.5 PPG 7.0 RPG 0.5 Blocks 0.8 Assists

Mehmet Okur averaged 17.4 ppg and more reboundsall while being the 2nd or 3rd option on his team (Deron got more touches and more shots). he also is in the Western Conference playing against the likes of duncan and yao night in and night out. he was an all-start last season.

Eddy Curry was the focal point of the Knicks offense for a whole season, he averages 19.5 points. the big scorers marbury, crawford, and even Q all missed substantial amount of time. even if the knicks didnt win while they were out, this could and should have been an automatic stat boosting time for Curry. Curry has yet to prove anything besides that he is Big! lLet the man play basketball and prove something before you start comparing him to other All-star quality players in the NBA

ummm... Okur also NEVER had to worry about double or tripple teams... before teams started paying attention to EC... he had that streak of 20+ performances that no knick had since Ewing (remember that one)... his rebounding numbers were also up during that time if I remember correctly... it's easy to be affective when you're not the focus of the offense... Dennis Scott (13 ppg) and Nick Anderson (19 ppg) averaged all star numbers playing alongside shaq... that didn't make them All Star quality players... that just meant that defenses focused less on them because they had to pay attention to Shaq and Penny before they paid attention to these 2...

I forgot to mention that Okur has been in the league for 3 years compared to Curry's 5

Okur has been in the league for 5 years and is 28... Curry has been in the league for 6 years and is 24... fact check...

Wazup Toons, you say that our Starters will kill our bench, and I say they wont for the fact which showed in the last two seasons.
Our Young-Bench players seem to mesh together well enough to out play our Starters. Our Knick Starters been playing inconsistently as if there is no chemistry with each other, or as if they dont want to be on the court with certain players.

For starters, Q.Richardson consistent well performance early last season was put to a stop as soon as Jared Jefferies was added to the Starting lineup. Q.Rich came down with a chronic back injury that put him in plain clothes each game. Which became suspicious after Jared Jefferies came off the injured-list and played his first game as a Knick and received 30 MPG off the bench in a losing game, and then become a Starter his second game alongside of Q.Rich in the Starting lineup. After that second game Q.Rich went on the injured list. And the third game with Jared Jefferies in it and Q.Rich sidelined with injuries the Knicks lost that game in the middle of the first-quarter vs the Denver Nuggets which caused the "DENVER-BRAWL".

Thats right! the "Denver Brawl" was Jared Jefferies third game playing as a Knick.
What happen when Jared Jefferies got suspended for the next three games?
Without Jared Jefferies, Q.Rich, Nate, and Collins ....
The Knicks WON 4 out of the next 5 games with Eddy Curry only getting 24 MPG within those 5 games. Players Frye, Lee, and Balkman average 30 MPG in those 5 games inwhich the Knicks WON 4 of them, that is when we seen Cato come into the game and add some veteran-spirit of energy off the bench in the second half of each game. We also seen Rookie Renaldo Balkman do the samething he just did in the Summer league games in those 5 games playing Point Foward by rebounding and dribbling the ball up court to start a fastbreak that 80% ended up with the Knicks scoring.

True indeed... but I think Isiah was trying to give Jeffries a shot to redeem himself... he could also have very well been praying for Jeffries to produce... maybe he thought it was a slump?

jzero29

Rotation player
I was confused

lets not get over uor heads now, this is only the summer league....when morris, plays againts guyl like duncan, yao, shaq, amare, howard, okafor, garnett, bosh, brand, and a few more of the seasoned all star caliber centers and power fowards, then we can really assess his talents.....he's good so far, but our starter will murder our bench

My point is silly? LMAO.....do you watch basketball?? Morris wont play against the starters because he will come off of the bench? LMAO...where did you pull that one from? lets talk about some east centers and PF 's, Dwight Howard, Al Jefferson, Dalembert, Bosh, Shaq, Ben Wallace, And thats not even the good Fowards, or even the west.... and technically you are contradicting yourself....im saying, dont get too hyped up about summer league and dont expect these rookies to take us to the finals....but you say my point is silly, you speak of their talent and value.....but then you go back and say that it takes time for the players to delvelop and be able to defend the likes of yao, duncan etc. Yea it was fun watching the summer league and watching the knicks win, but i think a few of us aer going through withdrawal symptoms of not watching NBA basketball, Knick basketball to be precise. ....Forget all that jerome james shit, cuz i wasnt even on that run, but my post was really to say that our starters would kill our bench....look oat the post topic

I was confused, I was comparing who would be on the knicks bench and that I'd rather give morris a chance than Jerome james, You are saying that your point was that the starters would kill the bench if the topic was starters vs bench, how come your comparing morris to duncan? Is he a knicks starter? I think i missed sportcenter that day. So sorry when you say he won't fair well against players not on knicks. Anyway I agree curry would eat Morris alive. I'd still like to see him as the back up center. Position for position most knicks starters would take there bench replacement. It's a silly topic, most starting 5's are designed better than the second unit, just because once you prove yourself you get promoted, thus the whole concept of starters and bench players. The second unit does have a good deal of chemistry, heart and hustle the starters lack. They play as a unit better Than the first unit. How many games did the second unit make a game out of after the heart and hussle of the starters faded. So The whole thread is silly. Bosh is good, but I though he plays forward? Dalembert? He's decent. Wallace? He's good center I wouldn't worry about him scoring to much though. He can take over a game defensively, but failed to really improve chicago as thought. Al jefferson? Is he a dominant center, and i guess I don't watch that much basket ball. He had a good year in the east, and is a bright young talent. But is he dominant? All the guys are good centers but they are by no means dominant forces. They are not like duncan, shaq, yao, Dirk, stoudemire. I'll give you Howard, he dominates. The east is still much softer than the west. A guy like morris is big and athletic and could match up well against some of the more athletic centers. Opposed to Eddy curry no show plodding defense. Eddy of course would have better results on the offensive side by far. My point was that I think Morris is a fine Back up.