Other side of Ron Artest

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
nyKnicks126: Thanks for finding this story and putting it out there for all the heads on this website. Peace blood and good looking out!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
nyKnicks126: Thanks for finding this story and putting it out there for all the heads on this website. Peace blood and good looking out!

No problem man, I am glad to see you interested with the thread. I think its fair to give Artest credit for what he has done.

Last edited:
OMG! the media is actually catching artest doing something good! i wouldnt mind artest on this team of mostly youg guys, as long as he keeps his cool. he could play a huge role on this team. His expierience in the league will deffinetely help.

Starks

Starter
Please. Don't fall for this crap.

How much of a difference is he making? Show up on a flight, follow the pre-set agendas that some PR team made, smile for the camera while sitting next to a kid, go back to hotel and leave in a week.

Some difference.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Hey Starks,

when last did you go to anywhere in Africa? Did you ever raise attention for a cause? I like the fact that he is trying to bring awareness to that location in Kenya. Which he has done. Don't be a hater, be a congratulater. He didn't have to go there at all. He could have paid lip service to the problems, yet he chose to go first hand and up close and personal. That is admirable.

Starks

Starter
Hey Starks,

when last did you go to anywhere in Africa? Did you ever raise attention for a cause? I like the fact that he is trying to bring awareness to that location in Kenya. Which he has done. Don't be a hater, be a congratulater. He didn't have to go there at all. He could have paid lip service to the problems, yet he chose to go first hand and up close and personal. That is admirable.

I'd love to be a part of the NBA Cares Vacation escape.

BTW, I'm goint to Colombia part time to with a concentration on International Politics. And I'm hoping to be part of a group that will go to Cambodia to cover the long awaited Khmer Rouge tribunal.

I also have been working on a 14 month long report on child soldiers in Sierra Lione and how hard it is for them to become repatrionized into society.

Um, yea...Ron Artest is really a hero eh?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah everyone is quick to hate him but when he actually earnestly does something good noone cares and says its a PR stunt. sure some of it is but is buying a house in kenya so he can follow up on the efforts PR glam?