Crawford??The Real Deal???

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
What do you guys think? Can Crawford have a breakout season and become a dominant SG in the league. He is entering his prime and showed flashes of brilliance last year...any thoughts?

jzero29

Rotation player
I'd love it, but no

He's undersized and overpaid. I think he'd be great comming off bench as an offensive spark. His defense, because of his size will always be a problem. He showed flashes of brilliance, but i also remember a couple games when that shooter should have holstered his weapon because he was shooting blanks at the end of a game. He took like 5 shots at the end of the game all that could have given knicks a lead, and none hit, it was the worst 2 min of my life. I hope i am misjudging.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
He's undersized and overpaid. I think he'd be great comming off bench as an offensive spark. His defense, because of his size will always be a problem. He showed flashes of brilliance, but i also remember a couple games when that shooter should have holstered his weapon because he was shooting blanks at the end of a game. He took like 5 shots at the end of the game all that could have given knicks a lead, and none hit, it was the worst 2 min of my life. I hope i am misjudging.

I agree..I can remember more than one game like that last year. However he is a year older and a year wiser. He hasnt been given the steady start and playing time a rhythm player needs to flourish.

Yes his size is always going to be an issue when being backed down but we can double in those situations. Face to face Crawford is decent at D, he has guick lateral movement and quick hands for the poke or steal. Further he has shown good court vision with lobs to Curry, Zack makes him even more dangerous.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
It came to me in an instant. I know what Isiah is doing now. So I'll tell you what is going down. On this team the talent level is at a 1990's level. Guys that feel they don't need to perform will be shown the door. A month ago, all we heard was how we have no one anyone wants, yet we pulled of the biggest move of the offseason. So if Crawford doesn't show something in training camp, he fininshed. He'll be packaged with Dickau and Jones and get gone. Now when he's forced to play within the confines of the system we run, he'll have to play well to stay on the floor. He knows it and everyone here on this site know it.

jzero29

Rotation player
Crawford

On this team the talent level is at a 1990's level. Guys that feel they don't need to perform will be shown the door. ... So if Crawford doesn't show something in training camp, he fininshed. He'll be packaged with Dickau and Jones and get gone. Now when he's forced to play within the confines of the system we run, he'll have to play well to stay on the floor. He knows it and everyone here on this site know it.

I didn't think crawford had system issues, isiah wanted him to shot and he did...alot! There were others i think that would be more suited for this point marbury, robinson,fransis(thank god he's gone) and Curry. Robinson and marbury pretty much would be one or the other playing so if they stick together they can do whatever they want. You still can't replace Curry's scoring talent, so his lack of effort on D will continue. So we are not a lock for a tight ship. I hope only that age and maturity has reached these knuckleheads and they voluntarily enter Isiah's system.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It came to me in an instant. I know what Isiah is doing now. So I'll tell you what is going down. On this team the talent level is at a 1990's level. Guys that feel they don't need to perform will be shown the door. A month ago, all we heard was how we have no one anyone wants, yet we pulled of the biggest move of the offseason. So if Crawford doesn't show something in training camp, he fininshed. He'll be packaged with Dickau and Jones and get gone. Now when he's forced to play within the confines of the system we run, he'll have to play well to stay on the floor. He knows it and everyone here on this site know it.

I agree but I don't think Crawford will go any where. Now that we all know that we're not getting Garnett and probably not getting Kobe there's no need to trade Crawford. Not to mention that popular opinion is to ship Crawford out but two years ago he was the only player to shine in the dark year of LB. My view, if Crawford has one good year of hitting better shots and playing solid D Knicks fans will be on his nuts again and all this talk will be forgotten.

jzero29

Rotation player
crawford

Crawford, may have had the best year that year, but it's not so hard to be the only good player on a bad team, look at when the knicks got chris childs, his numbers we're great when he played with a terrible NJ team. We signed him then he was on a good team and his numbers dropped to average. On good teams the shots taken are less, when everyone else on your team stinks your number gets called more and your shots go up. Not saying steph stunk but he was in larry browns dog houise all season, LB i think went to crawford to teach Marbury a lesson and crawfords numbers spiked, like when he was with chicago and they were bad, he had good numbers. I hope he can turn the page and become what i want him to be.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer

Hes a 6'5 SG with almost a 7ft wing span. Undersized is not the right term. He doesnt know how to use his body with all the skills that he has. Hes always been very hesitant to take it to the hole, has gotten better in the last few yrs, but is still to comfy with that fade away jumper from 20ft or even 3pt range.
usually gaurds dont back him down to much becase he has long annoying arms, the thing is that hes a bad perimeter defender. His biggest weakness is that he doesnt know how to fight thru screens and plays the pick and roll on D terribly.
He is better suited to come off the bench as instant offense, like a manu...
hes too inconsistant as a starter but usually plays well as a 6th man.
Maybe we start collins and go wit some defense on the perimeter...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
well he has gotten better within every year, plus the most important thing is that he makes the knicks franchise player(curry) a much better player and it helps that he is the knicks best player in crunch time

metrocard

Legend
Crawford has been the same player since his best year in Chicago. 17 ppg streaky player, little defense, alot of silly turnovers, 39% FG shooting, 34% 3pt shooting. I believe Collins can give us better, which is why I don't mind Crawford leaving the Garden for a good bargain.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Hes a 6'5 SG with almost a 7ft wing span. Undersized is not the right term. He doesnt know how to use his body with all the skills that he has. Hes always been very hesitant to take it to the hole, has gotten better in the last few yrs, but is still to comfy with that fade away jumper from 20ft or even 3pt range.
usually gaurds dont back him down to much becase he has long annoying arms, the thing is that hes a bad perimeter defender. His biggest weakness is that he doesnt know how to fight thru screens and plays the pick and roll on D terribly.
He is better suited to come off the bench as instant offense, like a manu...
hes too inconsistant as a starter but usually plays well as a 6th man.
Maybe we start collins and go wit some defense on the perimeter...

undersized meaning weight... most 2's in the league are much bigger than Mal... Q-Rich is the same height... but looks much sturdier...

Crawford has been the same player since his best year in Chicago. 17 ppg streaky player, little defense, alot of silly turnovers, 39% FG shooting, 34% 3pt shooting. I believe Collins can give us better, which is why I don't mind Crawford leaving the Garden for a good bargain.

If he can play the way Nichols did during the SL... running off picks... setting his feet... knocking down mid - long range shots... then we should keep him...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Let's not forget that Crawford is probably the best player on the team at getting to the basket. In fact, there aren't many players that can guard him one-on-one. His value is his long range ability and ball handling skills. Crawford is at his best when he uses his speed off the dribble to open up the defense and get the ball down low for an easy basket.

We all know what Jamal is capable of so stop acting like he's wack or something. There are so many teams that would snatch Jamal up in a heartbeat.

metrocard

Legend
Let's not forget that Crawford is probably the best player on the team at getting to the basket. In fact, there aren't many players that can guard him one-on-one. His value is his long range ability and ball handling skills. Crawford is at his best when he uses his speed off the dribble to open up the defense and get the ball down low for an easy basket.

We all know what Jamal is capable of so stop acting like he's wack or something. There are so many teams that would snatch Jamal up in a heartbeat.

That would be Stephon Marbury. Crawford has the best crossover, but usually pulls up for a jumper instead of taking to strong to the basket for a lay up or a trip to the line.

Crawford could accually be an all star if he wanted to, its up to him. He's as good, if not better than Rip Hamilton. If he uses his mid-range shot(which is much more affective than his 3pt shot) more, he'll average 20 ppg on 44-45% FG, EASY. The problem is he's comfortable with isolation plays, failure or sucess. Lets hope Isiah realizes Crawford's strengths, something Chicago failed to see. I want Crawford to move without the ball too, he's a quick cat.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I was really disappointed that LB never ran Crawford the way he ran Reggie, AI and Rip... hopefully the schemes from the SL will be implemented during the season so Mal can get space and knock down the open shots...

That would be Stephon Marbury. Crawford has the best crossover, but usually pulls up for a jumper instead of taking to strong to the basket for a lay up or a trip to the line.

Crawford could accually be an all star if he wanted to, its up to him. He's as good, if not better than Rip Hamilton. If he uses his mid-range shot(which is much more affective than his 3pt shot) more, he'll average 20 ppg on 44-45% FG, EASY. The problem is he's comfortable with isolation plays, failure or sucess. Lets hope Isiah realizes Crawford's strengths, something Chicago failed to see. I want Crawford to move without the ball too, he's a quick cat.

I agree too many pull up J's for him, we credit him with being clutch but I want to see the statistic on game winners and go ahead shots he hit, compared to the amount he missed. Jamal to me is very much tradable, he is a legit 2 in this league, a team like Seatle could use him. But the problem is the Knicks need to package multiple players and that is not happening unless Lee,or Renaldo are apart of the package.

But I really want to know is where did you get that shot of Steph from, tell me that's not from the cracked out interview, I watched like two minutes of it and when he started talking about going to bed w/ Garnett I couldn't watch anymore. Also peep his interview on ESPN, not as bad, but bad enough. I like Steph and all, but he may need to hire a PR person to come to interviews w/ him.

metrocard

Legend
I agree too many pull up J's for him, we credit him with being clutch but I want to see the statistic on game winners and go ahead shots he hit, compared to the amount he missed. Jamal to me is very much tradable, he is a legit 2 in this league, a team like Seatle could use him. But the problem is the Knicks need to package multiple players and that is not happening unless Lee,or Renaldo are apart of the package.

But I really want to know is where did you get that shot of Steph from, tell me that's not from the cracked out interview, I watched like two minutes of it and when he started talking about going to bed w/ Garnett I couldn't watch anymore. Also peep his interview on ESPN, not as bad, but bad enough. I like Steph and all, but he may need to hire a PR person to come to interviews w/ him.

Its the at the end of the video where he starts dancing and tells the host to dance with him. I thought he was just having fun. He was probably overhyped, he's been doing a lot this summer.

Leave Crawford Alone

R u people crazy. We wouldn't have won that little of games if Crawford was not on our team Crawford is not the Problem. Did u guy's forget all the end of game winning shots he hit for us. he's a young man with alot of talent. Give the man a break. I'm sure u can find someone else on our team to pick on. He's the only one on team who's not afraid of taking the big shots at thye end of games. By the way his postion is shooting guard. He's suppose to shoot the dam ball. One of the best crossovers in the league. No doubt

Toons

is the Bo$$
i agree...im sure all of you who had negative comments about j.craw said previously, or have agreed that if it wasnt for injury, we would have made the playoffs....im sure we were not talking about frye's injury....it all went downhill after crawford got injured....am i right ot wrong?

alrobinson6022

Benchwarmer
funny thing is within the knicks offense crawford really doesn't get too many open shots. most of his shots are contested. poor job of running screens for him or a poor job of how he uses screens.