Making Knicks a .500 Team

jzero29

Rotation player
http://dberri.wordpress.com/2007/07/10/rewarding-david-lee/

while this guys paints a bleak picture of 08 - 09... i think some of his assumptions are faulty... he said franchise is more productive than steph, q and craw for instance...

but he did mention that if Zach and Curry play their average mpgs next year... 36 and 35 respectively... there's 25 minutes available at 4 and 5...

here's where it gets interesting... when Lee plays at least 24 minutes... we were 21 - 22... when he plays less we were 12 - 27...

if IT takes away just 3 minutes from Curry and ZBo... Lee can average 30 minutes per game... while keeping Z and Curry happy and productive... we can be close to .500 with just that move... add our experience from this year...

Kiyaman... Lee (10 - 15 pts.; 10 - 15 rebs), Balkman (6 - 8 pts, 6 - 8 rebs), Collins (3 - 6 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assts), Robinson (10 - 12 pts; 2 rebs; 3 - 4 assts)... 29 - 37 pts, 21 - 28 rebs and 8 or so assists... this would also be our running team... a nice change of pace from our slow half court starters... i like our roster... wear them down with our starters... then bring in the bench to run them ragged...

You have to realize also, when doing minutes per game, eddy's minutes increase, when lee misses 14 games, boosting his curry's avg. So naturally he would lose some minutes each of the 14 games that lee would have played, decreasing his total minutes making his avg lower. Say curry played extra 6 minutes when lee was out every one of those 14games, thats an extra mintue, to his avg.

jzero29

Rotation player
Crawford, does not compliment marbury

Yawn! Crawford is not as bad as you guys make him out to be. The only part of his game that needs work is his shot selection. Crawford is solid on defense, has great handles and works well with Curry and Marbury. You do not want to leave Crawford open. He's a solid clutch player. He aint Houston or Ray Allen but Crawford is good. That being said I'd trade him and Richardson for the right player.
Crawford takes the ball out of marbury's hands, crawford has a great handle for sg, not point guard, he's makes to many turnovers when he handles the ball.. Marbury, has much better handle, actually shoots better from 3. But marbury needs the ball. Cut jamaal crawfords time with ball and cut marbury loose! Marbury is so talented, and we have shackled him here in NY. Jamaal takes way to many shots, and turns over to much to have the ball. Sure he's exciting, but he's sub par starter, a bench player at best. Sure he can turn the corner still, plenty of guys are late bloomers. But While steph is still young, i'd rather have him cut loose, playing like old steph, who avged 20pt and 8 assists for like 7-8yrs until crawford took the ball out of his hand.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Crawford takes the ball out of marbury's hands, crawford has a great handle for sg, not point guard, he's makes to many turnovers when he handles the ball.. Marbury, has much better handle, actually shoots better from 3. But marbury needs the ball. Cut jamaal crawfords time with ball and cut marbury loose! Marbury is so talented, and we have shackled him here in NY. Jamaal takes way to many shots, and turns over to much to have the ball. Sure he's exciting, but he's sub par starter, a bench player at best. Sure he can turn the corner still, plenty of guys are late bloomers. But While steph is still young, i'd rather have him cut loose, playing like old steph, who avged 20pt and 8 assists for like 7-8yrs until crawford took the ball out of his hand.
jamal took the ball from steph??? steph passes the ball to jamal... it's called an assist... steph averages 8 a game for his carrer... that's his job... if anybody takes the ball from steph that's called a steal... not jamal, they're on the same team!!! you mean jamal play some point while steph play some 2, that's a switch, every team does that... you mean jamal comes in for steph sometimes, that's a substitution, every team does that too, you have to give steph a rest sometimes... steph is getting too much rest??? i don't know... you think???

Kiyaman

Legend
Jamal Crawford dribble the ball way to much in every halfcourt set.
And Marbury and the coach (Wilkins, Herb, Brown, and Isiah) does nothing about Crawford 7 seconds or more dribbling in a halfcourt offense.
Marbury does the same thing when he is aghausted in the 4th quarter.

The Knicks have to wake up their Backcourt players in the passing game this 2007-8 season.
The Frontcourt Bigmen Curry & Zack are going to have to start passing that ball back out or pass to each other this 2007-8 season.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Jamal Crawford dribble the ball way to much in every halfcourt set.
And Marbury and the coach (Wilkins, Herb, Brown, and Isiah) does nothing about Crawford 7 seconds or more dribbling in a halfcourt offense.
Marbury does the same thing when he is aghausted in the 4th quarter.

The Knicks have to wake up their Backcourt players in the passing game this 2007-8 season.
The Frontcourt Bigmen Curry & Zack are going to have to start passing that ball back out or pass to each other this 2007-8 season.
jamal dribble too much... ok, not as much as francis though...

wymm

Rookie
If Denver would go for it, I'd like to see IT make a trade for Marcus Camby and Kenyon Martin for Randolph Morris, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler, Jared Jeffries, Jerome James and Q-Rich.

That would open up a position to play either David Lee or Renaldo Balkman and give both Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry some serious backups defensively. Limit Camby's minutes to prevent injury. Maybe even move K-Mart to SF to tighten up the D.

Would you think that move would make the Knicks a .500 team again?

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
If Denver would go for it, I'd like to see IT make a trade for Marcus Camby and Kenyon Martin for Randolph Morris, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler, Jared Jeffries, Jerome James and Q-Rich.

That would open up a position to play either David Lee or Renaldo Balkman and give both Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry some serious backups defensively. Limit Camby's minutes to prevent injury. Maybe even move K-Mart to SF to tighten up the D.

Would you think that move would make the Knicks a .500 team again?
6 for 2 for camby and k. martin, that's steep... if this happens denver would have a 19-man roster, that's not just a little off that's way off... k. martin hates ny and ny hates k. martin, he's damaged goods anyway... his game is all athletecism and when he blew his knees out he was pretty much done...
is denver really shopping camby? he's their best defender... remember the brawl? there's bad blood there... you think they want to deal with us?

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Yawn! Crawford is not as bad as you guys make him out to be. The only part of his game that needs work is his shot selection. Crawford is solid on defense, has great handles and works well with Curry and Marbury. You do not want to leave Crawford open. He's a solid clutch player. He aint Houston or Ray Allen but Crawford is good. That being said I'd trade him and Richardson for the right player.

On what planet is Crawford solid on defense??? Someone who has "great handles" should never cough the ball up as much as he does....For every positive in Crawfords' game, you can point out two or three negatives....Flashy as hell, but little or no basketball IQ.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
we haven't seen anything Chandler can do in the pros yet... D-Nice dominated... but so did Skita (remember him) and even Lampe looked aiight at times during SL... my point is... i wouldn't give up any good, young talent for a 33 year old with 4 years left on a hefty contract (Q is 27 making about 7 mil)... K Mart is 31 with two bad legs and a bad attitude... I'd keep our youngsters unless we get an immediate starter... otherwise I'd trade our expiring contracts if Denver is trying to shed salary... I think we could get them to bite on Jones, Dikau and Rose... strengthens three of their weaknesses... 1, 2 and Rose could back up Nene... and be a good locker room influence... I think Denver might bite on that unless they get better offers elsewhere...

Kiyaman

Legend
Hypothetically speaking, what if Isiah Thomas Knicks have a forth season (in a row) where they could not WIN more than 33 games this 2007-8 season? or they made it to a 38 WIN season in the 2007-8 season?
This is hypothetical speaking, but has some strong facters in it that may become a reality with the poor defensive effort, and the lack of team chemistry amongst the players inwhich we been seeing the last three seasons.

Do the Knicks have one of the Deepest Benches in the NBA? Yes or No?
How well is the Knicks Starters vs NBA Team Starters? 60%? 50%? 40%? or are we waiting to see by being optimistic because we have a new additional player in the Starting lineup that we assume Stat sheet record says he is better with this Knick roster than the guy he is replacing?

As a Knick-Fan what 6 to 7 Players on this Knick Roster you depend on the most for well consistent performances? please dont add Zack Randolph we have not seen him play in a Knick Uniform.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Our chemistry has been improving every year and this season might be the first for me to say chemistry shouldn't be a major problem...but I could be wrong.

We have a bench full of young talent. Lee and Balkman are the only proven players that can come off the bench consistently and change the game with there play. Collins finished the season off strong but it's up in the air on how he'll play this season. And Nate Rob is inconsistent...that's just how he plays...erratic.

Marbury
Balkman
Lee
Randolph
Curry
Q-Rich
Collins

These are the guys that we must depend on. Randolph MUST be included because he is our best scorer in the post. Not including him would show lack of IQ...

The key to the Knicks will be health, chemistry and defense.

They certainly have the talent, but Marbury's health is especially key, as is Crawfords and Q's.

We essentially lost much of our backcourt at times last year. And that is what kept this team from being .500.

We are stacked up front, but it would be nice if Eddy Curry finally got in shape and learned to box out, jump for rebounds, and block shots. I don't think that is asking too much from a guy with his body and natural athleticism. If Curry ever really focused on his conditioning, he could become an all star, untill then, he is simply a low post load with nice hands.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
EXACTLY. Curry was almost on the all-star team just because of his natural talents...just think if he put some effort in conditioning and on defense and the other natural 5 position's responsibilities...he will be an all-star every year. It'll click in his head soon because he's seeing flashes of what he can become

Kiyaman

Legend
Our chemistry has been improving every year and this season might be the first for me to say chemistry shouldn't be a major problem...but I could be wrong.

We have a bench full of young talent. Lee and Balkman are the only proven players that can come off the bench consistently and change the game with there play. Collins finished the season off strong but it's up in the air on how he'll play this season. And Nate Rob is inconsistent...that's just how he plays...erratic.

Marbury
Balkman
Lee
Randolph
Curry
Q-Rich
Collins

These are the guys that we must depend on. Randolph MUST be included because he is our best scorer in the post. Not including him would show lack of IQ...

I ask not to put Zack Randolph in the lineup of the consistent Knick Players that we seen last season to see if alot of Members in this forum have simular lineups as each other, and specifically if Coach Isiah Thomas plays these players alot with Zack Randolph to get him to be consistently.

David Lee
Balkman
Crawford
Nate (is the suprise weapon if not monitored)
Collins
Marbury (plays consistent with Crawford)
Curry (plays consistent with Lee)
And Q.Richardson is a consistent player when he is playing alongside of certain Teammates.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Hypothetically speaking, what if Isiah Thomas Knicks have a forth season (in a row) where they could not WIN more than 33 games this 2007-8 season? or they made it to a 38 WIN season in the 2007-8 season?
This is hypothetical speaking, but has some strong facters in it that may become a reality with the poor defensive effort, and the lack of team chemistry amongst the players inwhich we been seeing the last three seasons.

Do the Knicks have one of the Deepest Benches in the NBA? Yes or No?
How well is the Knicks Starters vs NBA Team Starters? 60%? 50%? 40%? or are we waiting to see by being optimistic because we have a new additional player in the Starting lineup that we assume Stat sheet record says he is better with this Knick roster than the guy he is replacing?

As a Knick-Fan what 6 to 7 Players on this Knick Roster you depend on the most for well consistent performances? please dont add Zack Randolph we have not seen him play in a Knick Uniform.

1. We have one of the deepest benches outside of SA or dal or phx. in the east i would say were top 3 or 4 in terms of depth after det or chi and maybe nj.

2. I would say our starters are about better than 40-50% of other teams, but I dont think thats very important because our strength is in how deep our team bench goes.

3. I would say you know what youre getting every night from lee, balkman, marbury to some extent, i can count on curry to put up 15-25 a night. in terms of positive those are about the only names i can give. but i can count on the 2 jjs to contribute next to nothing every game.... so i guess thats 6 players you can count on for consistent performances.

metrocard

Legend
ask d.wade... he only dropped 52 on him.

Its one game. Allan Houston (one of my favorite Knicks of all time) dropped over 50 points on George and Kobe, so the fuck what?

I laugh at you again, Crawford has a sick killer cross over, so???

Wow, lets get Rafer Alston and Carlos Arroyo on the team now.

Kiyaman

Legend
Teams with Playoff Locks

1) Cleveland (Lebron)
2) Chicago (got youth and veteran leadership)
3) Nets (The Big-3 got lots of help to stay healthy)
4) Detroit (got both side of the court Chemistry)
5) Toronto (building great chemistry)
6) Boston (KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen)
7) Miami (Wade return in January)
8) Wizards (Arenas), Bucks (Redd), Bobcats (Jason Richardson)

With all the potential-talent, with such a deep long bench the Knicks could knock-out any team above from the 4th-spot to the 8th-spot.
But last season showed "POOR-COACHING" that could not put together a simple rotation of players to build a chemistry on offense, so Knick oponents took advantage of the NonDefensive effort that was never established to these Knick Players as a team-defense.

I see a crucial WINNING Lineup on this Knick-Team that could WIN alot of games next season in Zach, Lee, Balkman, Crawford, and Nate Robinson.
We all could find a different WINNING lineup with all the talented players on this Knick Team.
Hopefully, in Zeke second season coaching he too could find a winning lineup so he could make a drastic change in his coaching that involves more Wins then loses...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Teams with Playoff Locks

1) Cleveland (Lebron)
2) Chicago (got youth and veteran leadership)
3) Nets (The Big-3 got lots of help to stay healthy)
4) Detroit (got both side of the court Chemistry)
5) Toronto (building great chemistry)
6) Boston (KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen)
7) Miami (Wade return in January)
8) Wizards (Arenas), Bucks (Redd), Bobcats (Jason Richardson)

how can you say the bobcats are a lock with a weaker bench and less chemistry? i also am not sold on miami without wade. was' defense is horrible and im not sure how theyre gonna do this year. toronto is not a lock because unless they win the atlantic im not sure they make it. half the teams in the east got better i think and they are lacking down low outside of bosh (who isnt a big inside player anyway). i agree with cle, chi, nj, det, bos and think mia will sneak in.

your positivity continues.