Making Knicks a .500 Team

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Get it Right
All the midseasons aquisitions (T.Thomas and Francis) did not work hard enough at the end of the season or during Training-Camp and the Preseason games to Mesh with Marbury to gain a Starters Job on this Knick Team.

Eddy Curry was a "Heart-Patient", untill after the two weeks he signed with the Knicks, ask every NBA Team accept the Bulls and Knicks while Curry was a FA. The question still remains how are you going to Start a "Heart-Patient-Player" at the start of the regular season games who did not go through Training-Camp or the Preseason games with either the Bulls or Knicks teams?

The Previous season Q.Richardson had a successful season as the Suns Starting SF, but was injured throughout the Knicks Training-Camp and Preseason games. What kind of gun did he have to become the Knicks Starting SG at the start of the regular season?

At the end of the offseason the Knicks did a sign and trade for FA Crawford to become a Knicks Starter that same season. To many slow Knick-Fans (who dont know the History) actually thought that "Allan Houston" was going to play for his enemy (Detroit) Isiah Thomas, after he traded and Fired Houston's Best Friends (Charlie Ward and Coach Don Chaney).
Allan Houston would have chose Charlie Ward to play with him over Marbury against any team in the league, because of their chemistry together beating Marbury Nets and Crawford Bulls teams every time with just Sprewell and Kurt Thomas in their lineup.

Adding Zack to the Knicks STARTING lineup at the start of the regular season vs players like Howard, Bosh, Wallace, J.O'Neal, Haslem, Ben, and Gooden, will not be a WISE move.
Now adding Zack vs teams bench players is a very Wise and successful decision for the Knick team, untill he learn how to mix well with the Knicks Starters (maybe in the second half of the season).

i never said TT or Francis were good acquisitions... so please stop bringing up those two bums... TT only works hard every time his contract is up... he's a bum like Jerome James... Francis has an inflated ego and thinks he's better than he is... he was brought in by IT because Brown wanted to shyte on Steph... remember that...

despite that... TT was on the roster the last time we made the playoffs...

Ask the Celtics, Bulls, Pacers, Lakers, TWolves if they'd start Curry... that's ridiculous... you complain about Curry's production with nothing but opinion... people bring facts and you return with more opinion? when Curry shoots 20+ shots he is efficient... yes... he turns it over... and he could be a better defender and rebounder... but if you were a head coach... you'd seriously only play curry 20+ minutes a night? you and doc rivers should form a committee of bad coaches...

Who would you have started ahead of Q Rich? IT knew he had a bum back... so I kinda agree with you to a point... but seriously... who on the roster would you have started over Q?

You really think Houston sat out all those games cuz his feelings were hurt? Why did he try to come back time and time again then? Houston has too much class to pull a steve francis... don't insult his integrity...

these are both predictions... but if Zach AND Curry start... that's the best 4/5 combo than any team in the league... Bosh/Rasho? Howard/Battie? Wallace/Brown? O'Neal/Foster? Gooden/Ilguaskus? Haslem/Shaq? KG/Perkins? c'mon dude... no one is messing with our duo... Lee backing them up gives us the best trio at those positions...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
chi is the only one that comes to mind with a one-two punch down low, and ben is limited offensively. in terms of pure scoring i think our bigs are the best in the east, obviously they lack in d and rebounding, but in terms of offense i dont think its close. most teams have a scrub playing c so that their big guy is protected in defensive matchups and doesnt get in trouble. were not protecting anyone with our lineup which should create lots of fouls on star pfs (hopefully).

Kiyaman

Legend
i never said TT or Francis were good acquisitions... so please stop bringing up those two bums... TT only works hard every time his contract is up... he's a bum like Jerome James... Francis has an inflated ego and thinks he's better than he is... he was brought in by IT because Brown wanted to shyte on Steph... remember that...

despite that... TT was on the roster the last time we made the playoffs...

Ask the Celtics, Bulls, Pacers, Lakers, TWolves if they'd start Curry... that's ridiculous... you complain about Curry's production with nothing but opinion... people bring facts and you return with more opinion? when Curry shoots 20+ shots he is efficient... yes... he turns it over... and he could be a better defender and rebounder... but if you were a head coach... you'd seriously only play curry 20+ minutes a night? you and doc rivers should form a committee of bad coaches...

Who would you have started ahead of Q Rich? IT knew he had a bum back... so I kinda agree with you to a point... but seriously... who on the roster would you have started over Q?

You really think Houston sat out all those games cuz his feelings were hurt? Why did he try to come back time and time again then? Houston has too much class to pull a steve francis... don't insult his integrity...

these are both predictions... but if Zach AND Curry start... that's the best 4/5 combo than any team in the league... Bosh/Rasho? Howard/Battie? Wallace/Brown? O'Neal/Foster? Gooden/Ilguaskus? Haslem/Shaq? KG/Perkins? c'mon dude... no one is messing with our duo... Lee backing them up gives us the best trio at those positions...

Wazup Shairan, you got me mixed-up on this one. I want to see alot of Curry & Zack on the court together, but not as the Knicks Starters at the opening of the 2007-8 regular season. They are not Super All-Star complimentary players like KG, Ray, and Pierce whom are bonafied creative Leaders on the court with their teammates in meshing & Bonding together.
The Knicks have alot of decent Players that has played their best consistently with teammates they are familiar with.
Last season STARTING Francis & Jared Jefferies for 30 MPG early in the season, with second season player Frye clueless of his positions on court alongside of Curry on offense/defense help the Knicks get off to another terrible start. Is this what we want this upcomming season?

I want the Knicks to get off to a great START at the opening of this regular season, because they have the chemistry players on the roster to do this.
The Knicks have Players that will make it very hard to draw-up a scouting report on defending the Knicks in the first and third quarter, early in the season if Zack come off the bench (you dont throw all your weapons in the game at the Start of it).
Example:
Finley has been the number one underatted player in the NBA his entire career. When he signed with the Spurs in the offseason the Spurs knew he was much better than Ginobli in alot of things however, Finley did not know the Spurs game plan or all his teammates weak & strong areas. So it took Finley practically a season to become a Starter on the Spurs. And the same thing with Barry.

Everyone keep saying that David Lee is great comming off the bench which is true, and that he will receive 30 MPG which is great. However ......
Why cant the new player Zack Randolph be the one comming off the bench and receiving 30 MPG for the first 41 games of the season???

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh yeah, what do integrity got to do with Allan Houston whom help the Knicks to get to their last Postseason games (him and whomever was left of the Laydumb Players). Do you recall the words and comments of Tim Thomas about the Knicks team when he got hurt in the first game of the playoffs?

Do you remember Patrick Ewing performance after Starks & Oakley was traded? And Ewing performance after the fist fight between G.M. Ernie Grunfield & Coach Van Gundy, where Grunfield was FIRED immediately the next day, and Coach Van Gundy was next with all of the Knicks BIG Brass comming to the game to watch his coaching. All of a sudden the Knicks went from the 13 seed to the 8th seed and onto the NBA Finals.
Talk about integrity!
Patrick Ewing forced the Knicks to trade him after his team just went to the Finals...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
So you're telling me Patrick Ewing...one of the greatest knicks of all-time demanded a trade from a team that he's spent his whole career with?? For some reason i find that hard too believe...besides where's the facts to this assumption?

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Wazup Shairan, you got me mixed-up on this one. I want to see alot of Curry & Zack on the court together, but not as the Knicks Starters at the opening of the 2007-8 regular season. They are not Super All-Star complimentary players like KG, Ray, and Pierce whom are bonafied creative Leaders on the court with their teammates in meshing & Bonding together.
The Knicks have alot of decent Players that has played their best consistently with teammates they are familiar with.
Last season STARTING Francis & Jared Jefferies for 30 MPG early in the season, with second season player Frye clueless of his positions on court alongside of Curry on offense/defense help the Knicks get off to another terrible start. Is this what we want this upcomming season?

I want the Knicks to get off to a great START at the opening of this regular season, because they have the chemistry players on the roster to do this.
The Knicks have Players that will make it very hard to draw-up a scouting report on defending the Knicks in the first and third quarter, early in the season if Zack come off the bench (you dont throw all your weapons in the game at the Start of it).
Example:
Finley has been the number one underatted player in the NBA his entire career. When he signed with the Spurs in the offseason the Spurs knew he was much better than Ginobli in alot of things however, Finley did not know the Spurs game plan or all his teammates weak & strong areas. So it took Finley practically a season to become a Starter on the Spurs. And the same thing with Barry.

Everyone keep saying that David Lee is great comming off the bench which is true, and that he will receive 30 MPG which is great. However ......
Why cant the new player Zack Randolph be the one comming off the bench and receiving 30 MPG for the first 41 games of the season???

I feel your argument about guys that already have chemistry earning playing time and that Zach hasn't been a winner yet... but I'm saying you play your best players... Zach may be willing to sacrifice his numbers... but he'll be more productive starting... Lee, Collins, Nate, Crawford (maybe), Balkman (maybe), D-Nice, Chandler and Morris are gonna be a 40+ ppg squad... we remind me of those Portland squads that had 10 guys average double figures... each of our starters can go for 20 a night and we have 3 - 5 bench guys that can give us double figures...

you're also right about Ewing forcing the trade... but as stubborn as i think he was... I just don't think he'd sit out the FINALS to prove a point... especially since he never won a ring... not everyone is Willis Reed...

Hou tried to come back waaay too many times for me to believe he was faking it... camby, mcdyess and some others have complained about our doctors and training staff in the 90s... maybe they exacerbate the problem...

Kiyaman

Legend
ESPN evaluation of Knicks hopes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...ndup-EastPower

After reading the above article and weighing it carefully with Isiah Thomas coaching (rotations) and selection of players, some of this truth is hard to swallow being a Knick Fan.

Last season if Head Coach Zeke would have stood his grounds as a hard nose coach by Starting "Marbury & Crawford" for 82 games and had Francis come off the bench to prove himself alot of things would have worked out for the best.
Also when David Lee & Balkman came off the bench and played 100% better alongside of Curry & Q.Richardson than Channing Frye throughout the first 15 games of the season that automatically sent electrical sparks to the media and fans that doubted Zeke draft pick for Balkman over Williams. Balkman showed 6th-Man performances, and David Lee performance went to the next level as a Knick Starter alongside of Curry & Q.Rich. Changes should've been made imediately.

When Jared Jefferies came off the injured list and was healthy to play, it was to late the SF position was locked down with great performances for 48 MPG from Starter Q.Richardson and backup Rookie Balkman. When Head Coach Zeke showed he did not care how well "Q.Richardson & Balkman" were performing at the SF position, when he put Jared Jefferies at the SF position for 30 minutes of playingtime his first time playing as a Knick, and the next game imediately put Jared Jefferies in the Starting Lineup at SF over Q.Richardson given Jefferies 30 MPG.

That sowed the Knicks 2006-7 Season up for me, that was BUM Coaching and stupid-move of "Save-Face" coaching to showcase the G.M. selection of new players added to the roster which stopped the team from playing the best chemitry players together. Now Zeke Knick Team is adding a new traded player this offseason to their regular season Starting lineup because of his Stat-Sheet record and high contract (Zack Randolph).

This is why every NBA sports writer dont give the Knicks a even chance at making the Playoffs this upcomming season because of having Curry & Zack start the first and third quarter of each game.

Did'nt we learn that Crawford is a better PARTNER for Marbury than Francis?
It has been obvious as the SUNLIGHT of mourning dew that David Lee is the BEST Partner for Eddy Curry in any lineup the Knicks made the last two seasons. I would rather see Malik Rose Start with Eddy Curry than Zack Randolph...

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
we don't know if DLee is the best since none of us have watched the Zach and Eddy show...
i totally agree with shairan... dlee is a major part of our team so there's no need to worry about him getting playing time, he'll definitely get his particularly at end of close games just like he did last year... even with zebo in the mix... whether he starts or not will depend on several factors-- who's healthy and who's hurt? who's playing well and who's not? who are we playing against? what's our gameplan coming into the game?

Kiyaman

Legend
i totally agree with shairan... dlee is a major part of our team so there's no need to worry about him getting playing time, he'll definitely get his particularly at end of close games just like he did last year... even with zebo in the mix... whether he starts or not will depend on several factors-- who's healthy and who's hurt? who's playing well and who's not? who are we playing against? what's our gameplan coming into the game?

Thats crazy, did you say just like last season (33 WIN season).

And yes Starting is a BIG THING! ask Marbury & Curry with Frye, Jefferies, and Francis? Big Joke lineup. LOL

The Knicks had a 23 WIN season because of a million different Starting lineups.
The Knicks had a 33 WIN season because of their Starters failure in the first or third quarter.

Do I need to bring-up the Knicks WIN & LOST record with David Lee as a Starter?
For one second think of Zack, Balkman, Nate, and Collins comming off the bench vs Knick opositions. Thats 35 + points and 18 rebounds off the bench per game.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
http://dberri.wordpress.com/2007/07/10/rewarding-david-lee/

while this guys paints a bleak picture of 08 - 09... i think some of his assumptions are faulty... he said franchise is more productive than steph, q and craw for instance...

but he did mention that if Zach and Curry play their average mpgs next year... 36 and 35 respectively... there's 25 minutes available at 4 and 5...

here's where it gets interesting... when Lee plays at least 24 minutes... we were 21 - 22... when he plays less we were 12 - 27...

if IT takes away just 3 minutes from Curry and ZBo... Lee can average 30 minutes per game... while keeping Z and Curry happy and productive... we can be close to .500 with just that move... add our experience from this year...

Kiyaman... Lee (10 - 15 pts.; 10 - 15 rebs), Balkman (6 - 8 pts, 6 - 8 rebs), Collins (3 - 6 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assts), Robinson (10 - 12 pts; 2 rebs; 3 - 4 assts)... 29 - 37 pts, 21 - 28 rebs and 8 or so assists... this would also be our running team... a nice change of pace from our slow half court starters... i like our roster... wear them down with our starters... then bring in the bench to run them ragged...

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
http://dberri.wordpress.com/2007/07/10/rewarding-david-lee/

while this guys paints a bleak picture of 08 - 09... i think some of his assumptions are faulty... he said franchise is more productive than steph, q and craw for instance...

but he did mention that if Zach and Curry play their average mpgs next year... 36 and 35 respectively... there's 25 minutes available at 4 and 5...

here's where it gets interesting... when Lee plays at least 24 minutes... we were 21 - 22... when he plays less we were 12 - 27...

if IT takes away just 3 minutes from Curry and ZBo... Lee can average 30 minutes per game... while keeping Z and Curry happy and productive... we can be close to .500 with just that move... add our experience from this year...

Kiyaman... Lee (10 - 15 pts.; 10 - 15 rebs), Balkman (6 - 8 pts, 6 - 8 rebs), Collins (3 - 6 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assts), Robinson (10 - 12 pts; 2 rebs; 3 - 4 assts)... 29 - 37 pts, 21 - 28 rebs and 8 or so assists... this would also be our running team... a nice change of pace from our slow half court starters... i like our roster... wear them down with our starters... then bring in the bench to run them ragged...
thanks for clearing that up, shairan...

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
1st or 2nd round draft pick.
Cheap contract
Defensive perimeter guy
3pt shooter.
Jose Juan Barea

Any of the five.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD TRADE JAMAL CRAWFORD FOR A SECON ROUND PICK WHEN CRAWFORD IS THE SECOND BEST PLAYER ON THE KNICKS AFTER CURRY.REMEMBER IF CRAWFORD DOESN'T GET INJURED LAST SEASON KNICKS GO TO THE PLAYOFFS.I THINK CRAWFORD IS A GOOD ENOUGH 3PT SHOOTER AND HE IS BETTER THAN JOSE JUAN BAREA.THE ONLY THING I WANT FOR CRAWFORD IS A FIRST ROUND PICK(TOP 10).
:gony:

metrocard

Legend
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD TRADE JAMAL CRAWFORD FOR A SECON ROUND PICK WHEN CRAWFORD IS THE SECOND BEST PLAYER ON THE KNICKS AFTER CURRY.REMEMBER IF CRAWFORD DOESN'T GET INJURED LAST SEASON KNICKS GO TO THE PLAYOFFS.I THINK CRAWFORD IS A GOOD ENOUGH 3PT SHOOTER AND HE IS BETTER THAN JOSE JUAN BAREA.THE ONLY THING I WANT FOR CRAWFORD IS A FIRST ROUND PICK(TOP 10).
:gony:

Crawford isn't better than Marbury, Richardson, Balkman, Lee or Randolph.

Crawford is a 32% 3pt shooter, he isn't a GOOD 3pt shooter.

Crawford is not worth a top 10 pick. He's a 27 year old one dementional SG who averages 17 ppg on 40% FG and 32% 3pt. He plays wreckless on the court and is a player who keeps teams from advancing to the playoffs. Never made the playoffs because when you play Crawford as your first or second option, your bound to lose. As we saw with Chicago and New York.

Why are the hell are you typing in the caps?

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Crawford isn't better than Marbury, Richardson, Balkman, Lee or Randolph.

Crawford is a 32% 3pt shooter, he isn't a GOOD 3pt shooter.

Crawford is not worth a top 10 pick. He's a 27 year old one dementional SG who averages 17 ppg on 40% FG and 32% 3pt. He plays wreckle on the court and is a player who keeps teams from advancing to the playoffs. Never made the playoffs because when you play Crawford as your first or second option, your bound to lose. As we saw with Chicago and New York.

Why are the hell are you typing in the caps?

Very good point about Crawford, that is why I dont care if Chandler was drafted before D-Nichols, I would sign D-Nichols just to backup Crawford at the SG position. He may start out slow in the beginning with 8 to 12 MPG but I'm sure by Midseason just playing the SG position D-Nichols will be very progresive in midseason with 18 to 20 MPG. His peremeter defense may turn the entire Knick Team around.

metrocard

Legend
Very good point about Crawford, that is why I dont care if Chandler was drafted before D-Nichols, I would sign D-Nichols just to backup Crawford at the SG position. He may start out slow in the beginning with 8 to 12 MPG but I'm sure by Midseason just playing the SG position D-Nichols will be very progresive in midseason with 18 to 20 MPG. His peremeter defense may turn the entire Knick Team around.

Exactly. I rather take a chance and give Chandler or Nichols an opportunity as the back up two guards and start Collins or Richardson. I believe we're solid at the 2, just need Artest, and we'll be set.

You cannot have Crawford and Curry on the same team, its not going to work, ever. They're like a circus version of Kobe/Shaq

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Yawn! Crawford is not as bad as you guys make him out to be. The only part of his game that needs work is his shot selection. Crawford is solid on defense, has great handles and works well with Curry and Marbury. You do not want to leave Crawford open. He's a solid clutch player. He aint Houston or Ray Allen but Crawford is good. That being said I'd trade him and Richardson for the right player.