Eddy Curry Robbed In A Home Invasion

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Wow, I wonder if its the same person that robbed antoine Walkers house a few weeks ago... at least he's ok, the person that did it, knew who they were going after they went after a 6'10" 23 year old. they brought a gun and duct tape. Scary scary stuff

d2319

Benchwarmer
Sad

Wow, I wonder if its the same person that robbed antoine Walkers house a few weeks ago... at least he's ok, the person that did it, knew who they were going after they went after a 6'10" 23 year old. they brought a gun and duct tape. Scary scary stuff

I hate hearing this stuff. It makes me feel even more unsafe becauce I am ot tall, not rich, or even a superstar but live in a bad neigborhood and if they rob guys like him imagine us! I think its time for NBA players to move away from the chi town! :(

Serously this is a shame, look Walker and Curry were both robbed in front of family, while at home. I mean it is one thing when a player gets caught up at 3:00 am in the streets or at a club, but imagine someone kicking in the door of your house, taping up your wife and kids. It's a damn shame that rather than being proud of a man who came from the same streets you came from and making himself into something successful, these men feel they have to take what he had earned. As a Knick fan ofcourse I hate to see that happen to one of our players, but it also pisses me off that in our society there are people that want the finer things in life, but don't have the courage or the work ethic to earn it themselves so they rob someone who did put in the work and did have the courage to chase their dreams. God Bless Curry and Antoine's family and I pray they recover from this.

Bombay

Rookie
Why doesnt eddy live in a gated community? I mean i would be living on MJ's block. I know this doesnt justify why it happened but he could do better with the security measures for his family. I would have been on some ox stuff (belly) if i had half of what he has

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
at least no one was hurt in the whole thing... these cats knew what they were doing... hopefully, the chi town pd is investigating the matter and athletes in the chi area are getting better security...

Well...

A man once posted this in a thread here not long ago "If anything people need to get away from the bible and create their own principles."

This is what happens when people create thier own principles. They get it in their head that it's their right to go take what someone else earns or other things of the sort.

Unfortunate for Eddy and his family. Even more unfortunate for the next victim if these guys are not caught.

Because this is one of the principles people have these days... Take what's yours and make it mine.

pat

Starter
Why doesnt eddy live in a gated community?

Moving into a gated community is like giving in. You can't allow those people or fear to rule over your life. Still, the whole thing sucks and if it happens to guys like Curry and Walker only puts media attention on something that happens to thousands of people who can't possibly move to "MJ's block".

Moving into a gated community is like giving in. You can't allow those people or fear to rule over your life. Still, the whole thing sucks and if it happens to guys like Curry and Walker only puts media attention on something that happens to thousands of people who can't possibly move to "MJ's block".

Walker lives on MJ's wife's block, so it doesn't really matter too much where you live when someone makes you a target. I posted my reply before reading the story about the Dr. who had his house broken in where his wife and two daughters were raped and murdered, and that is even more disturbing than what happened to Eddy, Eddy lost some money and jewels which can and will be replaced, but this man lost lives.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
very, very wrong in every sense... eddy and his family as well as antoine walker and his family were absolutely violated... thankful they're alive and well enough to recover from this horror... hopefully they develop the same perspective in life that abdul-jabbar did when he lost all his material possesions in a fire and realize that there's more to life than material, tangible things... as screwed up as it is, turn adversity into determination...

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
A man once posted this in a thread here not long ago "If anything people need to get away from the bible and create their own principles."

This is what happens when people create thier own principles. They get it in their head that it's their right to go take what someone else earns or other things of the sort.

Unfortunate for Eddy and his family. Even more unfortunate for the next victim if these guys are not caught.

Because this is one of the principles people have these days... Take what's yours and make it mine.

Ohh please.....how many folks are killed in the name of GOD, or ALLAH again within the past 40 years? Give me a break...People need to get away from the arcane document as fast as they can...you want to find the true essence of GOD...study mathematics, science, and the natural world...it's all around you but folks choose not to see it..they would rather have the silly superstitions...

It's not people creating their own principles that's the fault of this robbery...dude was broke and saw a quick means to alleviate his impoverished condition...PERIOD.

Ohh please.....how many folks are killed in the name of GOD, or ALLAH again within the past 40 years? Give me a break...People need to get away from the arcane document as fast as they can...you want to find the true essence of GOD...study mathematics, science, and the natural world...it's all around you but folks choose not to see it..they would rather have the silly superstitions...

It's not people creating their own principles that's the fault of this robbery...dude was broke and saw a quick means to alleviate his impoverished condition...PERIOD.

As usual you miss the point. True essence of God is love. That is why he says love your neighbor as you love yourself. If people did that, would be no wars, killings, robbings or the sort. As ARCANE as that one principle is, if applied, the world would be a lot better to live in.

I can't buy your broke and impoverished theory at all. Bums are broke and impoverished. 3 guys with guns and a plan to take what is not theirs are more likely people just not happy with what they have. There is a difference. Instead of planning to work harder to make their own means, they took the easy way out and found someone to steal from to try and live beyond THIER MEANS. Not like these people are going to sell those jewels and then say "well... we got these, don't have to steal anymore! " They will be back at it again... and again... til captured or killed.

And how you live is part of having principles. Whether you adhere to the bible, or yourself. You still live by a principle code. Order, chaos, you decide.

metrocard

Legend

Not much compared to all the diseases, car accidents, obesity deaths going on in our part of the world.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Why doesnt eddy live in a gated community? I mean i would be living on MJ's block. I know this doesnt justify why it happened but he could do better with the security measures for his family. I would have been on some ox stuff (belly) if i had half of what he has

walker definitely lived in a gated community. not sure about curry. its not a cop out to live there...if you have that kind of money and can take measures to protect you and your family by moving there, why dont you. its stupid not to.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
As usual you miss the point. True essence of God is love. That is why he says love your neighbor as you love yourself. If people did that, would be no wars, killings, robbings or the sort. As ARCANE as that one principle is, if applied, the world would be a lot better to live in.

I can't buy your broke and impoverished theory at all. Bums are broke and impoverished. 3 guys with guns and a plan to take what is not theirs are more likely people just not happy with what they have. There is a difference. Instead of planning to work harder to make their own means, they took the easy way out and found someone to steal from to try and live beyond THIER MEANS. Not like these people are going to sell those jewels and then say "well... we got these, don't have to steal anymore! " They will be back at it again... and again... til captured or killed.

And how you live is part of having principles. Whether you adhere to the bible, or yourself. You still live by a principle code. Order, chaos, you decide.

The homeless don't steal? Ha...most of them have either a mental disease..as in something seriously wrong. They do steal food to survive if you wish to be technical.

They keep stealing because they know nothing else. It's how one becomes a thief...because stealing pays more than working an honest 9-5 job...or simply laziness. Whichever you prefer.

Just as you don't buy my poverty argument, I don't buy yours about religion.

I've seen enough hustlers of the faiths in my time to realize the truth...religion ain't nothing but a hustle. The willful dumbing down of the masses through stories of nothing but pure flights of fancy..all the precious pearls of wisdom that flow from the holy texts...most written thousands of years before in philosophies of one's own thought...not inspired by GOD, but forged through reason and analysis of the human condition.

The Analects by Confucius... far older than the Bible...golden rule written about centuries before there was such a thing as a Christian.

Buddhism is probably the closet religion to philosophy rather than wasting a ton of time guessing on a perfect afterlife it actually makes one look inward..it's the only respectable religion of them all.

I was once brainwashed by the Bible, till the day I started needing my answers to make rational sense...then I moved on to the Koran...after that the Vedas...science, math, philosophy are the truth paths to GOD...religion just clutters one head with superstition. I could never reduce myself to such a low point to call those holy text to be inspired by or the true word of GOD....

They keep stealing because they know nothing else. It's how one becomes a thief...because stealing pays more than working an honest 9-5 job...or simply laziness. Whichever you prefer.

One can become a thief many different ways. But does being a thief actually reall PAY more? Or is that relative depending on how you look at it?

"Hey son, working 9-5 is not easy. It's draining, takes a lot out of you. And a lot of the time you will be underpaid for a hard days labor. But in the end, the hard work pays off in many ways as a family head. Your kids will look at you with pride and dignity knowing their dad was a loving hard worker who took nothing and no one for granted. You'd most likely be loved and respected dearly for doing the best you can on your part.

However, if you stole for a living from people who do the actual hard work to feed their families, to support yourself and your family, and your kids grow up to learn this thinking their dad was earning an honest living and loving you the same for it, think that would sit better for you? Likely not. I mean you may have provided a better life MATERIALLY than they may have had earning a 9-5, but did the manner of which you did PAY better over all in reality"? Just an example of how that could be diff.

Just as you don't buy my poverty argument, I don't buy yours about religion. I've seen enough hustlers of the faiths in my time to realize the truth...religion ain't nothing but a hustle. The willful dumbing down of the masses through stories of nothing but pure flights of fancy..all the precious pearls of wisdom that flow from the holy texts...most written thousands of years before in philosophies of one's own thought...not inspired by GOD, but forged through reason and analysis of the human condition.

What you have seen is the sad result of false religious faith, in many aspects as you later explain your course of life. I guess while you were in the faith you missed when Jesus said this.

Mathew 7:7 “Keep on asking, and it will be given YOU; keep on seeking, and YOU will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to YOU. 8 For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be opened.

And This: Mathew 7:13

“Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

This indicates there two ways in which you can direct your life. And we see many today surely choose the broad and spacious gate.

15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men].

Interesting, by their fruits he said. And compared them to trees producing rotten good and rotten fruit. This means that not every religion. As you have said, you have seen many religions claim to have faith in falsehood, and see by their course of life and their religious factions that that cannot be true. But Jesus also eludes to a fine tree that prduces good fruit. You will know which tree is which by the WHOLE of the tree. Meaning by the faith as whole. But the three that produces rotten pieces all over gets cut down... as a whole. That means exposure, and eventually destruction.

21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

This elaborates on the last point. It is not enough to claim to know of Jesus. What we must do is prove we know and love him by DOING NOT HIS WILL, BUT HIS FATHER'S WILL. If you are not doing his fathers will, you will be the ones explained in 22 and 23 accordingly. Because you then did the will of not His father, but of his father's adversary.

24 “Therefore everyone that hears these sayings of mine and does them will be likened to a discreet man, who built his house upon the rock-mass. 25 And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and lashed against that house, but it did not cave in, for it had been founded upon the rock-mass.

These are people who have His father's backing and support. They have it because they believe and followed the one he sent to save us which already has his backing and approval.

26 Furthermore, everyone hearing these sayings of mine and not doing them will be likened to a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand. 27 And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and struck against that house and it caved in, and its collapse was great.”
28 Now when Jesus finished these sayings, the effect was that the crowds were astounded at his way of teaching; 29 for he was teaching them as a person having authority, and not as their scribes.

Anyone doing opposite is quite simply a fool.

Summary: There are two ways to head to according to the way you live. Broad and spacious destruction, Narrow gate life. Those finding life live accordingly with God's laws and principles, those finding destruction, live on their own principles. Many will be the latter. You however can tell the ones who are headed for the narrow gate according to the fine fruit they bear. How they live as a whole of a people is the key. Is there REALLY one religion that follows what the bible says is the will of God as a people? I know of only one. But that is a research project for ya....

The Analects by Confucius... far older than the Bible...golden rule written about centuries before there was such a thing as a Christian.

Confucious was born in 551 bc. He died at age 73. Moses started writing the first book of the bible Genesis in the year 1446 bc and completed it by the year 1406bc. Also in that same 40 year span he wrote the book of Leviticus which says in chapter 19:18“‘You must not take vengeance nor have a grudge against the sons of your people; and you must love your fellow as yourself. Which essentially is the practical application of the Golden Rule.

Also what Confucius said was, "What is loathsome to thee, do not to another."

It is also noteworthy to mention that by the time Confucious was 1 years old, the Book of second Kings was completed which means God put first twelve books of the bible about before he became reknown for his own wisdom.

Buddhism is probably the closet religion to philosophy rather than wasting a ton of time guessing on a perfect afterlife it actually makes one look inward..it's the only respectable religion of them all.

True religion is about saving lives. Never was philosophy meant to be God's intention at anytime. He eluded to his plans in Genesis. For man to live perfectly, in harmony with him forever, having in subjection the other lifeform on the planet, and caring for the earth. That is the point of the book. for man to get to know him and his intentions and how he is going to make that happen. Period. Not to be philosophical.

I was once brainwashed by the Bible, till the day I started needing my answers to make rational sense...then I moved on to the Koran...after that the Vedas...science, math, philosophy are the truth paths to GOD...religion just clutters one head with superstition. I could never reduce myself to such a low point to call those holy text to be inspired by or the true word of GOD.

My friend, the day you decided to think anything outside the bible makes more sense, is the day you allowed yourself to be brainwashed. How is science, math, philosophy going to save you from the broad and spacious gate according to Jesus? He included none of that when he said those who find life. He simply said, they are DOING THE WILL OF HIS FATHER. That is not superstition at all, for superstition is the direct path to the devil. Doing the will of Jesus father is the direct path to Life.

People doing otherwise busy pholosphying and the sort, are not paying attention kinda like...

Math 24:37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

Take heed my friend...

Last edited:

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Stealing, unless your Robin Hood is unethical. Period. I dump alot of tax dollars on people who are too lazy to do anything but ask for handouts. Eddy Curry isn't the richest man in the Chi. That belongs to Robert Alan Pritzker, woth like 8 Billi. Regardless, how could any rational person suggest this was okay?

KnicksFan4Realz

Others and I do this everyday, it's called getting up early and going to a JOB!! Every argument with you comes down to religion. OK! You don't believe. Others do, so deal with it. Your smear campaign against God is getting really old. Again, the deal with God giving everyone the ability to choose their own paths mean bad things happen, because bad people exsist. You put an argument forth, here's mine:

Your on your way to work. Some crack addict decides he/she wants your wallet. They stab you and take it. It that okay? They have a need too. It's drugs, so clearly them robbing you is okay, because they have less than you. See how incredibly stupid that sounds? That was essentially you argument for the robbery of Eddy Curry.

In a puddle of blood, I lay close to the edge
I guess I didn't know the ledge...

Eric B & Rakim

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I shall continue this debate in another thread.. folks still believing in childish flights of fancy...in 2007...your mind has become corrupted by the morons who peddle this garbage.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Dag what's up with all the philosophy? We're here to talk ball not how much somebody hates God. If he doesn't believe in God that's his problem. But it's going to be like what the great quote said "Back then you didn't want me, now you hot and now you all up on me" LOL.

This is a shame that this had to happen but this type of stuff happens everyday. In society, there's always going to be thieves, murders, rapist, pedaphiles, thugs, racists, etc. that walk around amongst the innocent. Bad things happens to good people because bad people want the things that good people have. If everyone would just strive to be the best that they can be then crime would down size in my opinion...