Hit the Panic Button

They certainly have holes..

That is why even when i first saw it I was but only so concerned. No cap room, and stripped of trade assets. They will be good, but I still think the Knicks are the more talented team on paper. Especially when we add Artest.

Not to mention... this now gives us the inside track to get Kobe if there is a trade involving him ( Not likely this season )

dialdayo

Rookie
i say trade any1 on this team except 4 lee cury and crawford and randolph...and we ill be favorites to win the east immediately....WE WILL HAVE THE POST ON LOCK (OFFENSIVE WISE AT LEAST) and were gonna have the best sg in nba history running the back court show...how can we not make it deep in the playoffs????

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
i won't hold my breath on ron or kobe... if they want to be here they'll be here sooner or later without us gutting the team like ainge did to boston... and if they don't want to be here then f--k em... let's focus on what we got, and what we got is a hell of a lot closer to a complete team than what boston got... what they got is great if you're playing a 3-on-3 pick-up game... but a long nba season... they're f--ked... boston? playoffs? what playoffs? what park?

metrocard

Legend
i won't hold my breath on ron or kobe... if they want to be here they'll be here sooner or later without us gutting the team like ainge did to boston... and if they don't want to be here then f--k em... let's focus on what we got, and what we got is a hell of a lot closer to a complete team than what boston got... what they got is great if you're playing a 3-on-3 pick-up game... but a long nba season... they're f--ked... boston? playoffs? what playoffs? what park?

You've said this atleast 10 times. We get it now.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player

you really think KG and Pierce... even if Allen is hurt... plus Scalabrine, Allen and Powe off the bench and Rondo and Perkins starting... can't make the playoffs?

Last edited:

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
ok shairan, i'll meet you halfway because i think you're fair and well-informed... boston's a little better than a longshot... but a lock, absolutely not... they still have to put together a real team instead of a fantasy team, ok they got time to put this together but they are running out of money... and then they have to play this out just like everyone else... if they make it they make it, if not good riddance...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
you really think KG and Pierce... even if Allen is hurt... plus Scalabrine, Allen and Powe off the bench and Rondo and Perkins starting... can't make the playoffs?

their team outside the stars is rajon rondo, eddie house, big baby davis, kendrick perkins, tony allen, gabe pruit, brian scalabrine, and brandon wallace. so basically their pg cant shoot and is ok other than that in terms of offense and defense, they have undersized big men who arent real athletic or tall, cant score that well, a streaky shooter in eddie house, and not much of anything else other than a few rookies who havent proven anything yet. if the big 3 can stay healthy sure they should make the playoffs but thats an if. i think theyll be a 5-8 seed unless they win the atlantic. im just not ready to crown them atlantic champs before the season starts.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
their team outside the stars is rajon rondo, eddie house, big baby davis, kendrick perkins, tony allen, gabe pruit, brian scalabrine, and brandon wallace. so basically their pg cant shoot and is ok other than that in terms of offense and defense, they have undersized big men who arent real athletic or tall, cant score that well, a streaky shooter in eddie house, and not much of anything else other than a few rookies who havent proven anything yet. if the big 3 can stay healthy sure they should make the playoffs but thats an if. i think theyll be a 5-8 seed unless they win the atlantic. im just not ready to crown them atlantic champs before the season starts.
yes, peter the russian... break it down, yo... f**k boston!!!

metrocard

Legend

You can't be serious to think Boston is finished with their off season. Plus most of the players you named can be average bench players. Rajon Rando is a STUD, their PG don't need to shoot, you have KG, Pierce, and Allen together. Perkins can play defense and rebound, but does nothing else really. Their bench is suspect yes, but Powe and Big Baby can solidify their back up front court, these guys were excellent college players and did great in the summer league. Lets talk about Boston in the preseason. lol @ you saying Powe isn't athletic, same with Wallace. Have you even seen these guys play? Theres a reason why they're on an NBA roster. They're not a championship team yet, but they're definately the favorites in the East.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
ok maybe two of their minor players are athletic. but regardless, they dont have size and their main expected contributors are all sub par. obviously rondo isnt the focus of their offense but its a lot easier to guard a pg when you know hes not shooting and has no j and is just passing the ball. i dont think theyre finished but are they over the luxury tax? theres just not that many free agents left and they have no more pieces to make trades so barring a few minor signings i think theyre about done with moves. i still think its too early to annoint them favorites in the east but i think they certainly can be that good. right now id say favorites are cle, chi or det.

They're not a championship team yet, but they're definately the favorites in the East.

They have not played a second together. Sorry, can't be favorites until they do. That is a joke. They are paper champs right now. So that means they are just as an enigma as the if you wanna go there.

Technically speaking. I don't need there avgs. I don't need how they play individually so that will mean this or that. Until they play, it is fools gold to believe they will be favorites in the east. Det, Chi, Cle, Mia, And NJ probably lead that list.

Not saying that Boston may not be able to play with or better than these teams, but until they prove they can play together, this all looks real nice.... On paper...

metrocard

Legend
ok maybe two of their minor players are athletic. but regardless, they dont have size and their main expected contributors are all sub par. obviously rondo isnt the focus of their offense but its a lot easier to guard a pg when you know hes not shooting and has no j and is just passing the ball. i dont think theyre finished but are they over the luxury tax? theres just not that many free agents left and they have no more pieces to make trades so barring a few minor signings i think theyre about done with moves. i still think its too early to annoint them favorites in the east but i think they certainly can be that good. right now id say favorites are cle, chi or det.

You should watch games of Rando, he penatrates at all. When you have a PG who can penatrate any time he wants, thats going to help Pierce, Allen and Garnett. Plus, since when Rando was a bad PG? I remember being a good college prospect and having good games off the bench for Boston. Plus, he plays DEFENSE, which is important when you have 3 superstars known for their offense.

You think, but you don't know yet. The off-season isn't over yet. For all we know, Artest can be a Knick and the whole Alantic could turn over.

Its too early to also doubt the Celtics. btw Detroit lost Delfino, so whats their bench like? We don't know. It could be good if Amir Johnson steps it up. You may not know alot about Amir Johnson, but we'll see. All they have is an aging McDysess and Murray. Jason Maxiell is pretty good, could he start with Rasheed though? I agree about the Cavs and Bulls.

Knicks4lyfe, so? People knew the Lakers a couple years ago were going to the finals. Payton, Kobe, Malone and Shaq on paper was just too good. This isn't a comparision with the Lakers and the Celtics, but Celtics have the best trio in the NBA, and that should favorite team, especially in a league where superstars are heavily favored.

You're right, we gotta wait till they prove it. But 6-9 months from now you could look back on this thread and say I was right. Come on, do you people know who Kevin Garnett is?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im not saying rondo is a bad pg or wont become a good one, but at the moment i think its safe to say he doesnt have the experience to run a team. key word - you said it yourself

I remember being a good college prospect and having good games off the bench for Boston.

i.e. hes never had to run the team as a starting pg and that as we know takes a few years of maturity to be able to do successfully. and of course a distributing pg is key to running offense. so whos his backup out of curiosity? just so many holes once you go past the stars.

i think he may be a nice fit but i dont think chemistry among all their players can develop overnight as the knicks have seen. i think it takes them a year minimum to get that kind of chemistry and maybe add some more pieces. in a year or two if everyone stays healthy and meshes then id say theyre a lock for the atlantic/east.

i agree detroit's bench isnt great but on the one hand they picked up some nice backup guards and i know johnson and maxiel are solid bench players.

do you think in light of the ref scandal superstars are gonna get all the bullshit calls they usually get?

we all know kg is top 3 talent in the league and noones gonna argue that. but it still comes down to the potential of everything coming together for them in boston. im convinced ray allen wont play more than 50-60 games for them and their lack of depth will then become a major problem. well see i guess though...

metrocard

Legend
im not saying rondo is a bad pg or wont become a good one, but at the moment i think its safe to say he doesnt have the experience to run a team. key word - you said it yourself

i.e. hes never had to run the team as a starting pg and that as we know takes a few years of maturity to be able to do successfully. and of course a distributing pg is key to running offense. so whos his backup out of curiosity? just so many holes once you go past the stars.

i think he may be a nice fit but i dont think chemistry among all their players can develop overnight as the knicks have seen. i think it takes them a year minimum to get that kind of chemistry and maybe add some more pieces. in a year or two if everyone stays healthy and meshes then id say theyre a lock for the atlantic/east.

i agree detroit's bench isnt great but on the one hand they picked up some nice backup guards and i know johnson and maxiel are solid bench players.

do you think in light of the ref scandal superstars are gonna get all the bullshit calls they usually get?

we all know kg is top 3 talent in the league and noones gonna argue that. but it still comes down to the potential of everything coming together for them in boston. im convinced ray allen wont play more than 50-60 games for them and their lack of depth will then become a major problem. well see i guess though...

How many times are you going to think? Find out and stop pondering. Research it. Rando played 78 games and started 25 games behind Delonte West, a pretty good PG.

As a starter he averaged

10 ppg
5.8 assist
5.4 rebounds
2.4 stls
2.1 turnovers

Not bad?

He doesn't need the experience to run the team. Example: Daniel Gibson. Not every player in the NBA is the same. Yes, PG is a very difficult position to master, but some kids get it faster than others. We just can't assume its going to take forever for Rando cause he's a sophmore. He could be a bust this season or explode for a break out season. We're not sure yet. We are sure that Rando is a young fast athletic PG with an all around game, that is going to play with 3 guys who will just make the game much easier for him.

He had actually ran the Boston Celtics many of times. Don't come to this thread thinking Rando has no experience, he got experience under his belt last season. NBA sophomores always produce and progress unless your name is Channing Frye. Expect guys like Balkman, Rando, Aldridge and Rudy Gay to have break out seasons, they got the first year under their belt. From what I researched about rookies-sophmore transistion its normally a huge leap and progression between the first and second year. I can understand why Rando is underrated by some people. We'll have to see this season.

Again, you think. But what I want to know what you know bro. I can understand Celtics not being the best in the East, thats a valid statement.

You're 100% right about Detroit, I forgot about their two rookie guards. Lets see how they deliver this season.

I don't know about the refs scandal. What I know superstars in the NBA get favored, and it happens in all sports. Allen, Pierce and Garnett are elite top 10-15 players. Having them on the same team can only equal success.

As for the Celtics, I wish Knicks get Artest so we could give it to them this season. We match up with them well cause of our deep bench. We just to improve with Artest and get rid of Crawford. We'll be set for 07-08.

jzero29

Rotation player
sorry some old replies

Any one going to the "Welcome to NY" party for Zach??? lol
Saw it and had to post!

Zach + Kim = Herpes, HIV and Gonnorhea! lol Now that's reason to press the panic button!!!

402mail13pv0.jpg
True!!! haha, zach on IR for the herp outbreak!!!
wiz and cavs
Uhm crack is good... Wizards with agent 0 back, thats ridiculous, Then you have the caves, like somone else mentions defending eastern champs, i cant see them not playing in the playoffs, who knows maybe they won't be so great, but i think they'll make playoffs. lets see, detroit, pencil them in, chicago, pencil them in. NJ??? maybe, they are old, they'll be scrapping it out, toronto, lots of young talent, orlando,the same, they'll be fighting. Boston, i think, they'll have tough start, but will bringit together after first month, finish with a playoff spot secured.

They asked him about 28 min in the conference are they the team to beat. He did not say that, and named the teams that have gotten better in his opinion. First team out the box.... NYK. Media gets hyped over names, the players in the league respect the players they play night in and out on a diff basis. The Knicks don't have the "NAMES" That the Celtics have, But the talent is similar in ways in every spot of their big names. And where they will add role players, the Knicks guys pretty much chew up and swallow what they'd have ( Curry and Steph ). I love KG, I cannot say however he spits up and swallows Zach. Even had Zach been in Portland still. KG would not say that. One could say Pierce spits out and swallows Q. Possibly even Allen and JC. I personally don't think Allen is a great deal better than Crawford at this point in his career, but he is still a better player.

That said, everyone is falsely claiming that all they'd need is to add role players to their team and bench... But the Knicks have guys who have come in off their bench and started and played LIKE STARTERS! (Lee, Balkman, Collins)

Now, if the Knicks get Artest and manage to keep Lee and Balkman ( which I still think will happen ) Now you talk about moving Q to the bench, Lee and Balkman joining him there. What three guys off the bench in the east would be better than those? It is like having 3 extra starters. That would likely mean we'd keep Collins as well to backup Steph. So we'd add an even better defender and rebounder off the bench at pg as well.

In the unlikely event we'd have to part with Lee or Balkman ( which I doubt because of Ron's suspension and pending fa'cy next year ) We'd still have more than enough off the bench to compensate for what we lose in Lee or Balkman. Means we'd still have Chandler who plays defense and has every bit the athleticism of either Lee and Balkman and is probably every bit as good or better a shooter right now than both. And Isaiah has no problem playing rookies to help them grow.

The Knicks are in a much better spot than the Celtics. And Im personally glad the Celtics did this. This means everyone will expect the Knicks to finish last. Even less pressure on the team now.
The sooner knicks fans stop and realize crawford isn't half as good as allen, who avgs over 20points for career, sure his fg% was a little down, he was hurt last year, he's still better than crawfords and he's still a dangerous player, crawfords not even on the level. He's an all-star, jamaal should be a bench player. With only taking 267 shots more than jamaal last year, both hurt didn't play full season, he avged 26.4 points compared to 17.6 thats 9points a game more. Crawford isn't on the level.
KG is sick, and pierce, forget it. They actually all don't play the same position! unlike pg/sg marbury and crawford. 2 players who need the 1 ball in hand to be successfull. Allen can run off screens, cuts/slashes and spots up, kg posts and is quick, not to mention his D, Peirce, the only guy on the team, who needs to dominate ball to be successfull and that is only one player needing to adjust and he's had to share before with antoine walker and boston used to make playoffs with that combo originally.

Last edited:
The sooner knicks fans stop and realize crawford isn't half as good as allen, who avgs over 20points for career, sure his fg% was a little down, he was hurt last year, he's still better than crawfords and he's still a dangerous player, crawfords not even on the level. He's an all-star, jamaal should be a bench player. With only taking 267 shots more than jamaal last year, both hurt didn't play full season, he avged 26.4 points compared to 17.6 thats 9points a game more. Crawford isn't on the level.
KG is sick, and pierce, forget it. They actually all don't play the same position! unlike pg/sg marbury and crawford. 2 players who need the 1 ball in hand to be successfull. Allen can run off screens, cuts/slashes and spots up, kg posts and is quick, not to mention his D, Peirce, the only guy on the team, who needs to dominate ball to be successfull and that is only one player needing to adjust and he's had to share before with antoine walker and boston used to make playoffs with that combo originally.

Since you quoted me, I will assume you are talking specifically to me.

I will stand by what I said. Allen is a better shooter than Jamal at this point. That's it. He can't handle like Jamal, or explode like he used to on them ankles. he does not create for his teammates like Jamal either. So this half the player stuff is all in your head. I call it how I see them play. He is still a better player to have, but he it is no longer head and shoulders above Jamal. And Jamal was never the Knicks #1 option. That being said, Steph is the best guard on either team. So Boston still loses imo.

Allen > Jamal.

Steph >>> Both.

wymm

Rookie
Boston looks intimidating with the GAP band, but I think the Knicks can still beat them. If Chris Webber got the idea to join the Celtics, then I'd be a bit more concerned. Thankfully, I haven't heard anything on that.

How would you feel if Chris Webber joined the Celtics?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Webber is done. He has a pretty decent jumper but that's it. Anyone can out hustle him, run, jump...see the picture I'm trying to paint lol. He needs to retire or work on those needs because he runs like has a wedgie and shoots the rock as if he has rubber bands attached to his waist and he can't get any lift. Boston can have webber...it'll slow them down that much more.