Something For Nothing

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Being a homer all the time gets boring and is unoriginal. We're all fans here. People just have different opinions, respect that.
coming from the best poster on ko.com this post is kinda boring and unoriginal... i'd expect more substance than that, but hey, that's just my opinion... you can respect that, can't you? we're all fans here after all...

Why?

as long as we keep lee(rebound machine) for 6th man of the year zeke can let go of either of the jj's maby balkman and some exp.contracts so why hasent it happened yet

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
as long as we keep lee(rebound machine) for 6th man of the year zeke can let go of either of the jj's maby balkman and some exp.contracts so why hasent it happened yet
the expiring contracts are not tradable until after august 28 and thomas is keeping as much options open as possible until the kobe scenario is resolved-
just due dilligence-even if it's a longshot... and a few more trade possibilities are in the air... training camp won't start for a couple more months... there's no need to rush...

metrocard

Legend
coming from the best poster on ko.com this post is kinda boring and unoriginal... i'd expect more substance than that, but hey, that's just my opinion... you can respect that, can't you? we're all fans here after all...

You always sound mad blazed when you post; best part is your alias says it all.

Our team may have been a little more exciting, because they were in more games, just imagine the frenzy if we actually had a winning team!! We want the knicks to win, it's the definition of a fan.

Exactly. Knicks need to have sucess and stop letting seasons of failure go by them cause Isiah's experiment trades didn't work out. His supporters will continue to defend even if we lose till 2020, they'll be like "he's on the 4th year of his 40 year plan." Wake up people.

BTW, Lee >>> Randolph. I rather trade for Artest, then trade Randolph/Crawford for a superstar SG, whoever is available.

George M.

Benchwarmer

Exactly. Knicks need to have sucess and stop letting seasons of failure go by them cause Isiah's experiment trades didn't work out. His supporters will continue to defend even if we lose till 2020, they'll be like "he's on the 4th year of his 40 year plan." Wake up people.

BTW, Lee >>> Randolph. I rather trade for Artest, then trade Randolph/Crawford for a superstar SG, whoever is available.
Sorry Metro,but you sound Mad Blazed all the time!Check out Zach's highlights on You Tube and you 're gonna tell me that D.Lee can score 34+ pts and 12+ Rebs. in 2 games against Rasheed and McDyess and sit there and tell me that Lee is much better than Randolph??? If so,I want some of that tree you're smokin'!!!

jzero29

Rotation player
sorry metro

Sorry Metro,but you sound Mad Blazed all the time!Check out Zach's highlights on You Tube and you 're gonna tell me that D.Lee can score 34+ pts and 12+ Rebs. in 2 games against Rasheed and McDyess and sit there and tell me that Lee is much better than Randolph??? If so,I want some of that tree you're smokin'!!!
Lee brings it and deserves to start, but randolph is much better, and wouldn't make sense to not start randolph. I agree most of zeke's trades stink, this one however i think was pretty good. WHy are you such a randolph hater? He give us a good mid-short range shooter, who can post, rebound and is young. Lee at this stage, just rebounds and scores on breaks and cuts/slashes and tip ins. Don't get me wrong he's awesome and i really have nothing bad to say about lee, he may develope a solid shot this season, but zach brings another dimension to offense now. I bet, you'll even see lee and randolph together sometimes.
I'm excited to see the different combinations of guys on the floor. Plus, zachs gonna have to shoot, so maybe he'll steal shots and touches from jamaal!!!!(always a bonus)

highesthigh

Benchwarmer

my alias is a tribute to a higher entity... let me guess, yours means you ride the subway???

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Lee brings it and deserves to start, but randolph is much better, and wouldn't make sense to not start randolph. I agree most of zeke's trades stink, this one however i think was pretty good. WHy are you such a randolph hater? He give us a good mid-short range shooter, who can post, rebound and is young. Lee at this stage, just rebounds and scores on breaks and cuts/slashes and tip ins. Don't get me wrong he's awesome and i really have nothing bad to say about lee, he may develope a solid shot this season, but zach brings another dimension to offense now. I bet, you'll even see lee and randolph together sometimes.
I'm excited to see the different combinations of guys on the floor. Plus, zachs gonna have to shoot, so maybe he'll steal shots and touches from jamaal!!!!(always a bonus)

I know that's right. Any shots taken away from jamal is a bonus. Maybe that'll make him think more about his shot selection since it'll be limited. Randolph is going to start over Lee...this is a given. Randolph does everything better than and Curry...so why bench Randolph? Lee brings us energy off the bench, just like last year. And this worked until everyone got hurt. We are filling in holes here...not totally revamping a team. Let's keep our eyes on the prize and not start worrying about our fav players PT.

my alias is a tribute to a higher entity... let me guess, yours means you ride the subway???

LOL

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
highesthigh: Clearly your name ties into the 5 precepts of the Buddha. The avatar you use is a Buddha statue as well, if I'm seeing correctly.

1. Do not kill
2. Do not steal
3. Do not indulge in sexual misconduct
4. Do not make false speech
5. Do not take intoxicants

I agree with you partner, where's the fire? People always try to make a problem where none exists. It's really annoying. When IT brought in Dickau and Jones, it was clearly stated that the contracts couldn't be moved for at least 60 days. That again equates to August 28, 2007. Anyone not get that? I'm hear to educate:

June 28, 2007 + 60 Days = August 28, 2007.

We already have an intimidating core of players. Who wants to try to match up with Knicks? Right now, we have a great core. If everyone plays well, there's no reason we don't finish in the top 4 spots in the East. Do you think that Portland gave Zach a boatload of money cause they needed a tax write-off? It's because he can ball. Flat out. Plain and simple. Jamal will shoot less cause that's what the offense requires of him. He'll be forced to pick his spots more carefully. Plus he does pass well, so he will help offensive flow with his quickness and passing.

P.S. Dr.Carpy as my moniker by no means suggests or implies that I'm a physician. :)

metrocard

Legend

LOL, why are you taking alias so seriously. My BAD self proclaimed higher entity. :teeth: Do more research, i appreciate everyone's opinion, but you just flood threads with ongoing thoughts with not much sources or info. Thanks.

First of all, understand I approve of the Randolph trade. We get rid of two bitch players for a good player.

If you think Lee just rebounds, re-watch all 58 games David Lee in 06-07, then you would come back with something more insight to say about David Lee than he just rebounds.

To our offense? Well, what is Zach and what is he good at? Zach is a 20 and 10 PF. Thats AWESOME, cool.

But Zach likes to go one on one, either for a fade away or a nice fundamental move in the paint. Thats excellent, cause we get another option on offense.

Heres the problem; we're not like Golden State or Phoneix(We should be) with Eddy Curry on offense, because we need to slow down the pace and set things up for Eddy. So us going at a decently slow to average offensive pace with a other guys who like to score one on one(Marbury, Robinson, Crawford, Q-Rich, Curry)...where will our ball movement be? Spurs don't have many guys who can create their own shot, but they have guys who make OPEN shots and CREATE open shots. This is what our offense LACKS, and I was pretty disappointed Isiah didn't address that Isiah. We averaged 97 points a game, which isn't even that good with our team having more offensive talent than defensive talent.

We have a great set of players, we just need those guys to fill in the gaps, and subtract the guys who make that gap wider. With Randolph now, I could easily see the gap become more wider now. I'm hoping that isn't the income, but its close to possible. Do you understand that?

Carpy, you have to be BLIND to say the Knicks have NO problems, just BLIND.

As for George M., if you could any bring up 2 games that Randolph have, I could bring up 20 was a factor to our victories or just being the biggest factor on our team. Lee is ranked ahead of Randolph as a KNICK to me, because Lee has done much more than Randolph, Randolph has played zero games, therefor I'm not satified by him yet. Lee is the man, dude made one of the most clutchest shots in our decade...that shit was mad UNDERRATED too, it was so unreal dudes couldn't feel the momment cause it happend so fast. Not only that, just his season alone. 10 and 10 off the bench, 60% FG, 80% FT.

All I'm gonna say sophmore Lee > sophmore Randolph. LOL, just to rub it in a FACT, I'm not saying its going to prove anything. Don't be so serious and tense about it too, I know how you take things.

btw, You would be the funniest drug dealer. I can't even imagine it cause it'll be so funny.

You'll be running up to customs infront of popo screaming "YO MAN!!!, I GOT THAT FLURRY FIRE!!!, HALF AN OUNCE FOR 40!!!, YOU WANT TO COP SOME!?!??!?!??!"

lol, don't even play yourself brother, just laugh about it.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I don't see why so many people continue thinking that Lee won't get significant playing time... he'll get 27 - 30 mpg... count on it... i've explained this before so i won't again...

Metro... you're right about the history of our players... but it's up to IT to implement a gameplan where Steph passes the ball earlier (with say 18 - 20 seconds on the clock instead of 16)... the perimeter guys move without the ball... and Curry/Zach set up to score of move the ball faster rather than in the last 6 seconds of the shot clock... Can we pull it off? Q played a set up role in Pho before coming here... i could even see him posting smaller opponents on the baseline... If Craw can run off weakside screens and penetrate... he could be the beneficiary of some of those passes... if steph can move without the ball instead of standing on the three point line... it works as well...

now IT has all offseason to gameplan for a motivated team and an excited city... let's see what happens...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Isiah, a former Hall of Fame PG, will have a gameplan ready for this squad. He lives for this, he built this. Now it's time to start the engine and see if this team can ride...

metrocard

Legend
I don't see why so many people continue thinking that Lee won't get significant playing time... he'll get 27 - 30 mpg... count on it... i've explained this before so i won't again...

Metro... you're right about the history of our players... but it's up to IT to implement a gameplan where Steph passes the ball earlier (with say 18 - 20 seconds on the clock instead of 16)... the perimeter guys move without the ball... and Curry/Zach set up to score of move the ball faster rather than in the last 6 seconds of the shot clock... Can we pull it off? Q played a set up role in Pho before coming here... i could even see him posting smaller opponents on the baseline... If Craw can run off weakside screens and penetrate... he could be the beneficiary of some of those passes... if steph can move without the ball instead of standing on the three point line... it works as well...

now IT has all offseason to gameplan for a motivated team and an excited city... let's see what happens...

I hope so brother.