Zach/Curry vs Robinson/Duncan

CoolClyde

If San Antonio could make it fly with 2 big men, why can't the Knicks?

Word to the twin tower of power scoring tandem.
CC

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm one of the few people on this site who believe Curry is a good player who is only going to get better, but he's no David Robinson. Plus i think Randolph is a good player but hes also no Tim Duncan.

I think the combo can work but it won't be anything like that of Duncan an Robinson. Mainly because Duncan is a top 20 player of all time and Robinson is a great player who at the end of his career realized he had to take a back seat in order to make his team better.

If our combo could be 75 percent as good as those two were together we'd have something because our supporting cast is much better then the Spurs was at the begining of there championship run. They had guys like Mario Ellie, Avery Johnson, and Jarron Jackson killing us in the finals.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
The hardest thing to mesh is going to be the two bigs co-existing in the offense. If they can co-exist on offense then it's money in the bank. The major difference with the spurs and our current team is that they had players that new what they were supposed to do. Role Players. We don't have any we just have alot of offensive talent that don't have boundaries. We need to define roles to certain players so they don't try to do too much and hurt the team (Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson).

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
david robinson and duncan are good defenders and curry and randolph, well lets just say there offensive game is the reason they in da NBA

pat

Starter
david robinson and duncan are good defenders and curry and randolph, well lets just say there offensive game is the reason they in da NBA

--> one more reason why the IT should get a few role players or transform some players on the roster into role players.

Starks

Starter
If San Antonio could make it fly with 2 big men, why can't the Knicks?

Word to the twin tower of power scoring tandem.
CC

Comparing two NBA Hall of famers to Curry and Randolph???????

you know what, I'm not even gona comment on this. Someone lock this thread out of respect to common sense and respectability, please.

Easy enough to answer this one we know they can both score but neither one of them has an ounce of DEFENCIVE presance about them! Not even in the same class of Robinson and Duncan, and i'm a die hard Knicks fan and writing this.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
LOL are you kidding me, yes I think Curry and Zach would/could be good together but Timmy & The admiral good??? No way...

LOL
Curry & Zach dont have one thing that DR and TD have/had, FUNDAMENTALS!!!!!
I like EC but come on

Kiyaman

Legend
The Admiral David Robinson had Tim Duncan move into his House with him two weeks after Tim Duncan was drafted in the NBA. How they practice and worked on their offense together, and establish a defense together that entire offseason was outstanding during Tim Duncan Rookie season. That offseason was the important Growth and start of HOF Super-Star Tim Duncan.

At the time the Spurs did not have any other STAR Players on their roster (Elliot was half the player he were after the Liver transplant), they had decent defensive Role-Players that complimented the Admiral & Duncan style of talent which meant no more double-teams on any of the Spurs players so the defensive players such as Malik Rose could adverage 12 points per game off of easy baskets.

It is August 19, 2007. Practically two months since the trade of sending Zach Randolph to the Knicks to become a Tandem with Eddy Curry. And their have not been any reports of the two Knick Tandem-Players even meeting face to face yet. They have not reported to any of the Knicks Camps or any camps, or even getting together for any of the offseason pickup games.
However, the blockbuster trade early this month of August, of the KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen had several television interviews together, all the Boston Media reports each other day this month of seeing all three players here or there or just two of the players visiting this place or the next.

Which players above do you think have a serious attitude about their Job???

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
That's great and all...but what does doing interviews together and going out on the town together have to do with chemistry on the court?? 0, ling, nada...