One More Week

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It's tough trading david lee because he kinda like the fan favorite but i do agree wit u

You're right man, Lee is a fan favorite. There are a lot of Knick fans that would want Isiah's head if he traded away a player like Lee for a headcase like Artest. I'm not one of them though. I think Artest could have a huge impact on the Knicks (i.e. Conference Finals or better) but Lee and Balkman are my favorite players on the Knicks and I don't want to see either of them go. Come on Isiah! Work some magic! If we can get Artest without giving up Lee, Balk, Q. Rich, and Crawford then the Knicks will be one of the best/deepest teams in the league and Isiah should win GM of the year.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
You're right man, Lee is a fan favorite. There are a lot of Knick fans that would want Isiah's head if he traded away a player like Lee for a headcase like Artest. I'm not one of them though. I think Artest could have a huge impact on the Knicks (i.e. Conference Finals or better) but Lee and Balkman are my favorite players on the Knicks and I don't want to see either of them go. Come on Isiah! Work some magic! If we can get Artest without giving up Lee, Balk, Q. Rich, and Crawford then the Knicks will be one of the best/deepest teams in the league and Isiah should win GM of the year.

yeah i agree wit u 100%, definately nate is gone in a trade to sacramento, but if it doesnt involve trading the players u mentioned plus curry(kind of wouldnt mind trading Q because of his laggin injuries though one of my favorite knicks), but if it means we HAVE to give up lee OR balkman, i think the deal has to be done

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Balkman Over Lee

I WOULD RATHER KEEP BALKMAN OVER LEE HE IS MORE ATHLETIC AND A BETTER ALL AROUND BALL PLAYER. HE MAY BE A KNICK FAVORITE BUT HE IS STILL A BACK UP PLAYER WHILE ARTEST IS A PROVEN STARTER FOR ANY TEAM. TO TELL YALL THE TRUTH ID RATHER KEEP NATE THEN LEE. NATE IS A HARD WORKER AND I BELEIVE ONE DAY IF WE TRADE HIM AWAY IT WILL DEFINATLEY COME BACK TO BITE US ON OUR ASS, WHILE LEE WILL ALWAYS ONLY BE A ROLE PLAYER AT BEST NATE COULD BE THE LEADER OF OUR BENCH AND AN EXAMPLE FOR ALL THE NEW GUYS WHO JOIN THE TEAM BY SHOWING THEM HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION IS NECESSARY TO BE GREAT IN THE LEAGUE. WITH ALL THE HYPE FOR LEE WE WOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE UP ALOT LESS IF HE WAS INVOLVED IN A TRADE SO I BELEIVE LEE SHOULD GO FOR ARTEST :alert::crossfingers:

Trin_Starr

Starter
some more Artest news....nothing concrete though

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nba/blog/2007/08/ron_artest_in_nyc.html

Artest still hasn't asked the Kings to trade him, but he reiterated that he wouldn't be upset if he got traded to the Knicks. He did point out for the first time that he doesn't think a trade will happen this offseason because, "I don?t think anybody will give me up the way I?ve been working out this summer."

* He believes Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry will be able to co-exist in the paint the way he and Jermaine O'Neal did in Indiana. "If you double Zach, you?ve got Eddy down there and you can?t stop Eddy from dunking," Artest said. "Same thing with Zach."

* If the new-look Celtics play together, they're going to be "a monster," according to Artest. Agreed.

* Artest has spoken with Jamal Crawford, a former teammate of his with the Bulls, this summer, as well as Renaldo Balkman. "He's my boy," Artest said of Balkman. "I told him I wouldn?t trade myself for him."

Kiyaman

Legend
How come I believe that trading Marbury for Mike (Henry) Bibby will be a success with this Knick Roster.

Getting Bibby & Artest for Marbury, Jefferies, Dickau, and Jones will make this Knick Team a 45 WIN Team this season.
But it will never happen with Isiah LUV for Marbury, Jefferies, and Fred Jones.

jzero29

Rotation player
I agree

How come I believe that trading Marbury for Mike (Henry) Bibby will be a success with this Knick Roster.

Getting Bibby & Artest for Marbury, Jefferies, Dickau, and Jones will make this Knick Team a 45 WIN Team this season.
Your right that would be a great deal, but marbury, won't be traded, marbury needs to be on a team where he can be himself more. The old steph, avging 20pts 8assists per game. He's our most expensive player, that we got to lead this team, why wouldn't you build around his style of b-ball? Isiah has gone the other way and now this team would be a better fit for a guy like bibby. It would make sense, but it won't happen Isiahs pride won't let him trade his mistakes. For instance j.jefferies and jamal crawford.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

no way, bibby doesnt have half the defensive abilities of marbury, bibby just a scorer in my eyes, and thats not what the knicks need at the PG position, i dont see marbury gettin traded away from NY anyway

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
no way, bibby doesnt have half the defensive abilities of marbury, bibby just a scorer in my eyes, and thats not what the knicks need at the PG position, i dont see marbury gettin traded away from NY anyway

Yeah. When Marbury's contract ends 2 seasons from now, he is going to play in Italy, so either way we won't have him. He won't be traded from NY.

GetRealistic

Starter
Marbury, Jefferies, Dickau, and Jones for Artest and Bibby. Now were talking a deal. The Kings get the expiring contracts and a "superstar" quality player in Marbury, whose only got two years left on his contract which means next season they can ship him out for help or just let the contract burn out.

As for the Knicks they get Artest who could either make this team legit and a possible Eastern conference power or completely emplode the team. Just an idea why extend him right after the trade. I'd make him play atleast part of the season to see his behavior and chemistry and things like that. Cause then if it doesn't work after this season you could just let him go and in the process you get a younger Mike Bibby and unload Jefferies and Marbury's massive contracts.

Mike Bibby is a good player, passes the ball and is a deadly spot up shooter. And what do the Knicks need spot up shooters around the big guys. I'll give you that Marbury may be a better defensive player but its not like Bibby is god awful. Plus up until last season Marbury basically just choosed not to play defense. Also Mike Bibby is a winner and a clutch player. He's won a national championship and has gone deep in the playoffs. If you remember back when the Kings and Lakers had there playoff battles, Mike Bibby was the player who made all the big shots. As for Marbury two words could never be used to describe him, Winner and Clutch.

Sidenote Bibby wouldn't be the public relations nightmare Marbury is.

This trade most likely will never happen but if its on the table i'd jump at it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Marbury, Jefferies, Dickau, and Jones for Artest and Bibby. Now were talking a deal. The Kings get the expiring contracts and a "superstar" quality player in Marbury, whose only got two years left on his contract which means next season they can ship him out for help or just let the contract burn out.

As for the Knicks they get Artest who could either make this team legit and a possible Eastern conference power or completely emplode the team. Just an idea why extend him right after the trade. I'd make him play atleast part of the season to see his behavior and chemistry and things like that. Cause then if it doesn't work after this season you could just let him go and in the process you get a younger Mike Bibby and unload Jefferies and Marbury's massive contracts.

Mike Bibby is a good player, passes the ball and is a deadly spot up shooter. And what do the Knicks need spot up shooters around the big guys. I'll give you that Marbury may be a better defensive player but its not like Bibby is god awful. Plus up until last season Marbury basically just choosed not to play defense. Also Mike Bibby is a winner and a clutch player. He's won a national championship and has gone deep in the playoffs. If you remember back when the Kings and Lakers had there playoff battles, Mike Bibby was the player who made all the big shots. As for Marbury two words could never be used to describe him, Winner and Clutch.

Sidenote Bibby wouldn't be the public relations nightmare Marbury is.

This trade most likely will never happen but if its on the table i'd jump at it.

Right on man! I agree. I would love to have Bibby on this team instead of Marbury. Although, I thought I heard rumors that Bibby and Artest don't get along and don't want to play with each other. If the rumors aren't true, then bring him here. Bibby is exactly the kind of point guard the Knicks need, and Artest is exactly the kind of small forward the Knicks need.

Unfortunately, I think everyone is right. There is no way Isiah would trade Marbury. Too bad. It would be a perfect fit.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Right on man! I agree. I would love to have Bibby on this team instead of Marbury. Although, I thought I heard rumors that Bibby and Artest don't get along and don't want to play with each other. If the rumors aren't true, then bring him here. Bibby is exactly the kind of point guard the Knicks need, and Artest is exactly the kind of small forward the Knicks need.

Unfortunately, I think everyone is right. There is no way Isiah would trade Marbury. Too bad. It would be a perfect fit.

and why do da knicks need a PG in bibby who only scores, knicks dont need scorers and bibby is not a good defender

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
You talk like Marbury is NBA all defense. He improed last year but hes far from the best defensive PG in the league.

marbury is the knicks best perimeter defender and what he showed last year, he is one of the best defensive PGs, ask ray allen

reuel

Rookie
marbury is the knicks best perimeter defender and what he showed last year, he is one of the best defensive PGs, ask ray allen
lol, ur kidding right? please tell me you're kidding.

while he improved, kirk hinrich, jason kidd, chauncey billups, deron williams, devin harris, trenton hassel, chris duhon, tony parker, allen iverson, chris paul, andre miller, and gilbert arenas, are all better defenders than marbury.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
lol, ur kidding right? please tell me you're kidding.

while he improved, kirk hinrich, jason kidd, chauncey billups, deron williams, devin harris, trenton hassel, chris duhon, tony parker, allen iverson, chris paul, andre miller, and gilbert arenas, are all better defenders than marbury.

i'll give u kidd, paul and andre miller, trenton hassel is not even a PG, all devin harris could do is play Defense but it involves mostly on his acting skills, iverson doesnt play good 1 on 1 defense, he just loves to gamble, chauncey billups is solid but is not better than marbury in my opinion, tony parker, dats marbury son, and gilbert is like AI who likes to gamble, and hinrich is not a even a good defender

GetRealistic

Starter

Maybe you should ask Marbury about the game in the Garden when Allen went off in the fourth quarter. Also ask Marbury about missing a FT with no time left that would have sent the game into OT.

Marbury is improved defensively, I just wonder why all the sudden he decided to play defense. All the other years he couldn't stop anybody from scoring. My only point is, if we can get Artest and Bibby for basically just Marbury you have to do it. All that said the chances of that happening is about 5 %

GetRealistic

Starter
And being best perimeter defender on this team doesn't say all that much. BTW Q when healthy was the best perimeter defender.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Some more Ron Artest info

From Ken Berger's blog
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nba/blog/2007/08/ron_artest_in_nyc_update.html

Still, I believe there?s a 50-50 chance that Artest winds up getting traded to the Knicks ? if not this summer, then at trade deadline. It just makes too much sense. He?d be the perfect offensive/defensive combination at the 3, would go through a wall for Isiah, and as he stated Tuesday, he?d take the privilege of playing in New York very, very seriously. I think after all he?s been through, he could handle it. Sounds crazy to say about a guy who?s found the trouble he?s found over the years, but I get the impression he wants this to happen in the worst way.

Not just for basketball reasons, but for personal reasons. If you haven't seen the column I wrote in today's paper on Artest, here is is.

And maybe this is me being overly cynical, but all these glowing statements about Artest coming from Kings G.M. Geoff Petrie strike me as a guy talking up a player so he can get more back in a trade. For all his good works lately, Artest has baggage and has been a huge headache at times for the Kings. Petrie knows that Artest will be gone after next season anyway, so why not talk his value up now and try to get something for your trouble?

By the way, I think the same thing is going on with the canonization of Nate Robinson this summer.

But let?s not get too far ahead of ourselves. The fact that the interview with Artest happened in New York is not an indication that a trade is imminent. In fact, when Artest and I spoke on the phone later in the day, he?d already flown back to Cali.

I also spoke with Artest?s agent, Mark Stevens, on Tuesday. This is what he said: ?From what I know and understand, Ron is a King and he?s going to be a King. If anything different arrives, we?ll deal with it at that point.?

Here is what we know: Artest badly wants to play in New York, but has decided it?s not his place to request a trade. One thing he understands is loyalty, and he believes that Petrie and the Maloof brothers deserve his loyalty for sticking by him through some troubled times.

We know Isiah has two extra players on the roster and has accumulated some pieces that give him the flexibility to pull off several different types of trades. He has desirable young players to offer ? Lee, Balkman, Crawford, Randolph Morris, even N8 ? plus a variety of expiring contracts.

Now he waits for things to shake out ? not only with Artest, but also with Kobe. Time is on his side.

Will Artest show up at training camp, look around at a collection of talent that won 32 games last season, and lose all his enthusiasm and loyalty for Sac-Town?

Will Kobe show up at training camp, period?

Either one or both could be available in the coming months. Say what you want about Isiah, but he has the right combination of talent and garbage to be at the front of the line in either scenario.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Good look Trin thanks for the info. Now I will admit the Artest deal sounds dull right now I now think it aint happening, I mean Ken Berger is the only guy that talked about such a trade, no other reported has. Seriously if Isiah wants to keep his job, and improve the team on the court, I suggest him to bring Artest home, if not I am looking at a below 500 season again 39-43.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury always had the ability to play defense. His footwork on defense is one of the best in the NBA, he definitely proved himself in the 06-07 season.