07-08 NBA Projected Season Standings

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah seriously, I think there will be improvement at least at the 500 spot its not like Im sayin it because I am a Knicks fan, its goin happen if we healthy*Hopefully*

jzero29

Rotation player
Thats a tough estimate.

I believe the knicks will improve, how much I don't know, I'd think around .500. But you can't get mad, at NBA estimates, with our lack of success after big trades in past years. They could actually be right! With the addition of KG and Allen to boston, they are bound for improvement. Philly is a young tough team, although, I think the Knicks will finish better than Philly. also short changed NJ, and I think over estimated toronto. I can see the knicks 4th in the atlantic, behind boston, toronto, NJ. All we can do is wait and see, maybe, being projected dead last will make these guys angry and they'll seek revenge by beating down the atlantic! One can hope and dream, no matter how unrealistic.

GetRealistic

Starter
41-41 seems like a viable option to me. But that site is bull cause Boston isn't going to win 54 games. There much improved but there one injury to Paul Pierce or Ray Allen (which is very likely, loooking at there recent track record) to being a very mediocre team. I don't expect the Knicks to get any great predictions from the preseason publications, because what have we done in the past to warrant any good press. The only thing that upsets me is that they have Phila ahead of us.

Last edited:

honey230

Rookie
This upsetting to me too. But its just a projection, and I don't think there was much thought put into it. Since it seems like they just copied our standing from last year. Like someone said previously its ok to be under the radar and maybe all the doubts will just fuel our team. I am sure with this team we can get 45 wins if not more this year. Especially if we get Artest.

Kiyaman

Legend
I guess our last three previous seasons has alot to do with the projection report.
However, the phenominal performance of career ALL-Star Keven Garnett along with two other All-Star teammates Pierce & Allan has taken this Projection Report by storm giving their Boston Team a 54 WIN season.
The conclusion of this Projection Report for Knick-Fans is that they see no improvements in the Knicks adding Zach Randolph 23/10 perfomance with Eddy Curry, and the Tandem of Marbury & Crawford (33 WIN season).

With a healthy David Lee, Balkman, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Nate Robinson for 71 games this Knick Team is a 41 WIN season (this is what the Projection Report is not including, because Head Coach Isiah Thomas dont include them over his other Favorite Players).

Hey guys. Ive been reading this site for years, and glad I finally became a member and can post. This is a great day.

Anyway, I agree with Metro. I think .500 is a good barometer for the knicks. 41-41 will probably mean a playoff berth as well, so this should be our expectation. Anything less, and that should probably be the end of the Isaiah regime. I dont want to be a downer but I hope we hold ourselves to higher expectations this year and take action if they are not reached.

Let us not underestimate the chemistry factor. I dont think this projection is a great injutsice, considering the promises and disapointments of the past. I think we will do better but lets no start pumping them up until we see a few games.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is a very hard question to answer because we do not know if the Knicks will play another "One on One" B-Ball season, or if they will let their best complimentary players get plenty of playingtime (Q.Rich, Balkman, Lee, Nate, Collins, and Rookie Demetris Nichols)??????

The Nets Jason Kidd will lead the Nets to be the Atlantic Division Champs.

The Cavs & Bulls will fight it out for the Central Division Champs.

The Heat & Wizards with another addition player will fight it out for the Southeast Division Champs (Wade will be in full form in January, and never sleep on Arenas & Jamison with Coach Eddie Jordan Defense backing them up.).

Above you have Five Teams that will be in the Eastern Conference Postseason Games.

Now you have Teams like Detroit whom is a Post Season Team with their Four Meshing Starters, the Boston Celtics with their Three Super All-Star Players that will do any means neccesary to be a Post Season Team in the Eastern Conference with a Healthy (70 games) KG, And than you have the Raptors with Complimentary PG-TJ Ford giving all his teammates confidence that they are now a Post Season Team as long as "Barg & Bosh" keep adding offense & Defense in the frontcourt the rest of the team will do their part.

That is 8 Postseason Teams above in the Eastern Conference that only have a threat from a couple of other Eastern Conference teams for the 7th and 8th spot.
!) The "One on One Knicks,
2) The duo of Howard & Lewis Magics,
3) and is the young Bobcats ready to compete at the next level over a healthy Bucks team that may make some last minute noise.

jzero29

Rotation player
kiyamann

Great post, I think you summed it up, everything except, i believe your over estimating NJ. I also think the Knicks may do better. than 33 wins, but I think it will be hard to crack the top 8 teams. We'll see.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
41-41
way ahead of philly and NJ
damn i wish i could say 50-32 at least !

We will have atleast 41 wins i hope. NJ has always been the team to beat along with toronto. I dont see Philly being a huge threat. With Boston being a completely new team they pose a threat but im hoping for the knicks to have a breakout season! NEW YORK.

this is another example of rampant stupidity concerning the knicks and the playoff chances. they are a championship team on paper. everybody is drinking the green(celtics) kool-aid and its getting sad. "ray allen, KG, and
Pierce! they're gonna win the east! no bench? no point guard? who cares? i don't watch the games but the knicks are terrible and its fun to be a part of a big dumb group and laugh at their failure." i cannot wait until the knicks play the celtics and the celtics have to put out their second unit. the real question is this: At his age, can KG's body handle playing 44.5 minutes a game? he'll be out of gas by mid-January. We have the most talented bench in the league and a high powered starting 5. Next year the only question will be: can we repeat?