if the knicks get Artest....

Artest and a bunch of our garbage for Kobe I wouldn't wait one second! (as long as we kept Marbury,Q,Lee,Curry I would through in cash and picks if I had to)

GetRealistic

Starter
There are very few teams in the league that would be willing to take on Artest and his baggage, the Knicks may be one of the teams but the Lakers wouldn't take him on unless Kobe was still on the team.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I dont know, I think the Knicks Lakers would take the gamble of Artest....

Artest would thrive if he was THE MAN on a team, but honestly I think with Curry, Randolph, Steph, and our other guys Artest wont be THE MAN.
Dont get me wrong I think the Knicks would ROCK if they had Artest but he wont be the #1 or #2 selling Jersey in the NBA. That honor would go to Garnett and Kobe or some other guys.

But if they Lakers grabbed Artest from the Knicks then Artest would be the main man in LA, and his Jersey would be #2 along side Kobe Bryant's #1 selling Knicks Jersey, and Garnetts #3 selling Boston jersey. There will be a lot of attention on LA and NY and Artest better do the right thing in LA because the spotlight is on him. And Kobe will be the man in NY.

The idea would work perfectly for both teams and both players.

I dont care which player the Knicks get as long as they give up the right pieces. But when you think for the better of a players career I would send Artest to LA for Kobe to NY. Ny can be a dangerous place for that Artest kid if he doesnt play his cards right

I'd love to put Artest and Kobe on the same team and get rid of guys who arent gonna win anyway. A team like the lakers are gonna want something in return for kobe and if they were gonna trade kobe they want lots of cash.

Trading a guy like Randolph, Dickao-jones and a couple first rounders gives the lakers a budding star in Randolph to pair with Bynum and Odom, some cap relief and some draft picks. Randolph is only 25.

Trading Marbury though with both expirings and probably our whole draft class and future 1st rounders gives the Lakers probably the largest expiring contract in years next season in Marbury, two expirings for this year and a bunch of young players.

But in all reality we could improve our team significantly with Artest and give up far less. Kobe would give us a legit star who you can trust nomatter what to win a game but at the same time he tends to know this and try to win every game-by himself. We have two young dominant players and a bunch of upcomming talent that isiahs drafted, I just rather give up little, get Artest and realize that he usually has a good first 1 or two seasons and his contract ends at the end of this one. Ron Artest is crazy but you know he'd wanna do well in his hometown and at least for this year I'm sure he'll be fine. If he later puts on a premidonna act then you just dont resign him. Its basically like signing a top 20 NBA player to a one year contract and saying "this is a trial, based on what we see we'll decide whether or not to keep you."

Kobe makes our team legit. Kobe is ten times what Artest will ever be, as a superstar,teamate and all around better person( he's not crazy! ) The Lakers aren't going to take Marbury's contract why would they it lasts as long as Kobe's. Also when they trade Kobe their are automaticly in rebuilding mode so they are going to want some young pieces and cash flexability. NY needs Kobe to keep up with the new and improved east.(JV leage no more!)

Kobe makes our team legit. Kobe is ten times what Artest will ever be, as a superstar,teamate and all around better person( he's not crazy! ) The Lakers aren't going to take Marbury's contract why would they it lasts as long as Kobe's. Also when they trade Kobe their are automaticly in rebuilding mode so they are going to want some young pieces and cash flexability. NY needs Kobe to keep up with the new and improved east.(JV leage no more!)

No it doesnt, Marbury expired at the end of 2008/09 Kobe's ends at the end of 2010/2011 so for the lakers it would be like getting Kobe's contract over with in two less years. They might even do what Portland did and just cut him and all of this years expirings right away.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
no, i think artest is the missing piece to this squad

Yeah I'm not saying to go and get Artest because i think we have a strong team right now w/o artest, but IF we got Artest i wouldnt include him for kobe becuase we would bring him to NY for his defense and then to trade him away just like that? that wouldnt happen.

Kobe can opt out of his contract at the end of next season so his contract realy ends in 08-09(assuming he still wants out) same time as Marbury's contract ends.

we dont need anybody! we need to get rid of jerome james and somebody else so we can sign demetrius nichols. the kid looks like the next glen rice. we dont need anybody! we got curry and zach to battle it out for the franchise player title. we got crawford to take the big shots. we got lee and balkman for defense and tenacity. why would we pay 10 million for artest when we already have those 2 players who havent even reached their full potetial? why would we trade the future? why?