Going at the garden

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Hey guys,
I just wanted to tell you that the dream of my life will come true in about one month now. I've just bought tickets for Knicks' pre-season games (Maccabi, boston, 76ers and Nets) !!!!

I'm so delighted about it, I will finally be able to smell the buzz of this place from inside.... ok it's just pre-season games but that's better than nothing. Now i need to book some flight tickets ahaha :) The garden is too far away from Paris !!! ;)

I plan to stay one month in NYC and fortunatelly I'll be able to catch season tickets for the first games at the garden before mid-november....

I'd like some advises from you guys that are used to going at games. Can I bring a camera ? a video camera ?
How long before the game can I come ?
Is it possible to go to the floor during warm-up ? talking to players ? have autographs ?
I read about the "will call" thing to withdraw my tickets. Do you know if it's possible to withdraw them before game day or can I do it just on game day ?

Waaaaaaaoooooooooooouuuuuu I can't believe I'm going down there.

Ok thx guys, and Go Knicks !

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Hey guys,
I just wanted to tell you that the dream of my life will come true in about one month now. I've just bought tickets for Knicks' pre-season games (Maccabi, boston, 76ers and Nets) !!!!

I'm so delighted about it, I will finally be able to smell the buzz of this place from inside.... ok it's just pre-season games but that's better than nothing. Now i need to book some flight tickets ahaha :) The garden is too far away from Paris !!! ;)

I'd like some advises from you guys that are used to going at games. Can I bring a camera ? a video camera ?
How long before the game can I come ?
Is it possible to go to the floor during warm-up ? talking to players ? have autographs ?
I read about the "will call" thing to withdraw my tickets. Do you know if it's possible to withdraw them before game day or can I do it just on game day ?

Waaaaaaaoooooooooooouuuuuu I can't believe I'm going down there.

Ok thx guys, and Go Knicks !

Cool, I am glad that you will be in the US. Welcome :). I have a question are you spending your money on all that airline fee and everything just to see a couple of knicks games, or are you coming here to see family or business related issue?

Anyway my friend I can answer your questions

1.You may bring a Photo Camera, Digital etc. I have a digital camera that films video as well, and I do not know if actual video cameras are accepted in the arena. Digital cameras will work the best.

2.1 hour before the tip off. Yeah they should change that...

3.Not really because you need a package for those things. Going on to the court without staff permission isn't to good. If you happen to see a player coming from the locker rooms to the court, you can ask for an autograph then

4. Before the game on that day. But if you got other tickets that you ordered you may pick all of them up at your first game.

Have fun!

metrocard

Legend
Welcome to the US...

anyone down for a Knicksonline meet up(people around the nyc area) to go to a Knick game this year?

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Cool, I am glad that you will be in the US. Welcome :).
Thank you very much. I am glad to come to your country for a while. I'm really looking forward to seeing NY from inside. I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay.

I have a question are you spending your money on all that airline fee and everything just to see a couple of knicks games, or are you coming here to see family or business related issue?
Well, I know anybody in NY and the only aim of my journey is to go to the garden.... It's been my goal since I'm 10 years old and now I've saved enough money during my 6 years of university to come to the garden. I'll be able to stay one month or maybe 2 in NY and with a bit of luck I could catch tickets for some games in november...

Anyway my friend I can answer your questions

1.You may bring a Photo Camera, Digital etc. I have a digital camera that films video as well, and I do not know if actual video cameras are accepted in the arena. Digital cameras will work the best.

2.1 hour before the tip off. Yeah they should change that...

3.Not really because you need a package for those things. Going on to the court without staff permission isn't to good. If you happen to see a player coming from the locker rooms to the court, you can ask for an autograph then

4. Before the game on that day. But if you got other tickets that you ordered you may pick all of them up at your first game.

Have fun!

Thank you for all your answers and advises, I really appreciate them.
Take care.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Welcome to the US...
Thank you Metro.

anyone down for a Knicksonline meet up(people around the nyc area) to go to a Knick game this year?
Well, I'd be glad to meet some of you guys, really ! It could be fun for me to know some people in NY (as I'll be alone in your city for more than a month) especially Knicks fans !!
Well, I'm going to all the october's game so far so... I'm waiting for you to come with me :)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
How much are airline tickets did you check cause they mad expensive.

Welcome to the US...

GOod idea man. I will go anytime! New York Vs. Boston, that would be a great game to see. If we get enough people we can get a group package, and all of us in the group package can go down and get autographs and talk to our Knick players while there included in that package. It would be cool to see and talk to some of you guys, actual real knick fans that go to the game!

:thewave:

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Have fun in NY Starks Boy your going to love the food!

ahahahahahaha :):) I will, I will for sure :)

I didn't checked the flight prices but I don't mind, it's really worth it.
Well, I've got to check for a youth hostel too :s

I hope the team will be hungry and agressive !!! I'm not crossing the atlantic to watch a blow out ! Anyway, being inside the garden should be enough to make me happy I guess.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
How much are airline tickets did you check cause they mad expensive.

Hey guys,
here it is, my trip is booked now.
So for your information I'm paying 500€ (which is currently around 700$) for the round trip Paris-NY and Ny-Paris.

I also managed to have tickets for the first 4 games of the season (Minesota, Denver, Orlando, Miami) so I'll watch a total of 8 games (including the pre-season ones).

Well, I have one last question to ask you guys, then I promise I don't have anymore ! Can you tell me a good adress to go, a pub, a bar, a club... I dunno, wherever I can watch the games (for those outside of the garden) with a beer and a good atmosphere ??

Thx to all of you and maybe seeyou 'round the garden ! I'd be glad to talk basketball with some true fans like you.

Seeya.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Hey Starks Boy Congrats

Yeah You Can Go Watch The Games At Espn Zone Ight Bro Stay Up
:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

Knicks1stLady

Benchwarmer
GOod idea man. I will go anytime! New York Vs. Boston, that would be a great game to see. If we get enough people we can get a group package, and all of us in the group package can go down and get autographs and talk to our Knick players while there included in that package. It would be cool to see and talk to some of you guys, actual real knick fans that go to the game!

:thewave:

:agreed: we GOTTA DO THAT!!!!

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Yeah You Can Go Watch The Games At Espn Zone Ight Bro Stay Up

Thx Bro,
I suppose it's the one between the 42nd St and Broadway, right ?
It looks like a terrific place to watch sports games. It seems quite huge.... hum I'm going to have fun out there, I'm certainly going there at every Knicks' games for sure !
thx for the clue.