Oden is Hurt, Channings BIG SHOT!

Toons

is the Bo$$
8 rebs?? are u kidding me? u mean with oden down he can get 8.....frye still night not even start....joel pryzbilla is gonna run center, and aldridge is gonna play power....frye bareley 5 rebs a game in the east...come on, lest be real now...even in his "great" rookie year, he didnt average 6....frye is not a rebounder...get over it

bahamasc

Rookie
Even in his "great" rookie year, he didnt average 6....frye is not a rebounder...get over it
Consider tho that in his rookie year he averaged 24.2 mins per game in 65 games and pulled down 5.8 rpg.

So per 35 mins his average would have been 8.39 rpg.

Toons

is the Bo$$
come on now, ur talking like frye is a proven consistant player....u cant just double numbers and minutes...also, he got them in a weak eastern conference.

Toons

is the Bo$$
reason being, frye averaged more minutes in his sophmore season, with 26.3 minutes in 72 games....more time, and more games to prove himself, and he had less rebounds, a significant point drop, from 12.3 to 9.5, his free throw percentage dropped from 83 to 78% (whom you can place no blame on, but himself), blockes dropped, overall, he became worse. NBA players dont respect rookies, especially if that rookie is a sleeper....in fryes rookie season he caught a lot of players by surprise, thats why his numbers were so good...now frye gets a little defense and what happens....he folds. And last year the east's bigs were weak, there are only about 5 bigs in the east who really dominate the post and boards. I liked him as a rookie, but i hated him last year...he missed far too many shots...his FG% almost dropped 5 percent. Now he has to make contested shots, which he had a problem doing, he barely made his open shts last season

Take is easy on Channing..

There is still a lot of potential for him. Yes he is soft, needs to gain a little weight, and play a little more nasty, But he has a good shot, and appeared to work hard on his post game while he was here. He just needs to keep working at it.

If he were to start in Portland, and they went to him enough, he'd certainly be worth 17 a game. He needs to defend and rebound better, and maybe a change of scenery will help. But this could be his big shot. COULD.

Still glad we got Zach for him. But he can play.

Kiyaman

Legend
Boy, kiyaman, that post there, made ur other posts loose credit....

Channing Frye is a young player that co-exist with teammates that play both sides of the court. Under Coach McMillian Frye will probably be a work in process like alot of his young teammates. But when they all establish each others talents under Coach McMillian their opositions will give them credit for being a young team playing "TEAM-BALL". No Portland may not make the playoffs in the next two seasons as alot of other Western Conference young teams did. However they will establish a growing presence in the West.

I never said anything about Channing Frye going into his third season in the NBA being a better scorer or rebounder than Zach Randolph, but Channing Frye is a better Teammate than Zach, Curry, Francis, and Marbury. The trade should have prove that to everyone.
The Knicks longest WINNING streak last season, both Frye & Lee received way more playingtime (33 mpg) than Eddy Curry (24 mpg) during that Winning Streak if you check the game schedule of last season.
We should not forget the position that Coach Zeke had Frye playing last season with the majority of his playingtime alongside of Curry & Jefferies whom both are 6.11 and alergic to rebounding but clogging up the paint.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
i love channing because he hit some big shots for us and he was really great in the beginning of his rookie season until larry brown crushed his dreams. i'm just gonna blame brown for frye's lack of growth. i remember we traded kurt thomas and i thought how can we replace him? he had a very accurate mid range jumper at the time (i dont know if he still does because i only watch knick games). and channing just came in and started hitting 15 footers all the time. it was great while it lasted. if he turns into a superstar it'll make me sick to my stomach.

Prepare to be sick

Toons

is the Bo$$
y wud u be sick? he's only about 3 years and a few months younger than zach....and he wont be putting up randplh type numbers

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Fickle so-called knick fans, I wonder what you so-called knick fans might say if David Lee came into this season and averaged 8 points and 6 rebounds, would all the praise that has been given to him.
For people not to see that Channing Frye's role was changed last season from his rookie season is just so called knick fans being so-called knick fans.. Channing Frye will show his skills even without being a starter. I can't say how many points he will score or how many rebounds he might pull down, but he'll have a good season, and my thing all along, with the randolph frye trade is not that Frye is a better player than Randolph, he is not... But I truly believe that he would be a better fit than Randolph along side Curry. I think Frye has a real good chance at becoming a defensive stopper with a decent offensive game, something that the Knicks need more than another offensive body. I keep stressing need when I post, but I guess I'm talking to myself. the knicks DO NOT NEED another offensive powerhouse...
What's done is done though.. Channing will do well, Zach will score his points and grab his rebounds.. hopefully curry has learned to block shots and pick up his D, because Zach sure won't.. and maybe we could win a couple games this s eason

Kiyaman

Legend
Fickle so-called knick fans, I wonder what you so-called knick fans might say if David Lee came into this season and averaged 8 points and 6 rebounds, would all the praise that has been given to him.
For people not to see that Channing Frye's role was changed last season from his rookie season is just so called knick fans being so-called knick fans.. Channing Frye will show his skills even without being a starter. I can't say how many points he will score or how many rebounds he might pull down, but he'll have a good season, and my thing all along, with the randolph frye trade is not that Frye is a better player than Randolph, he is not... But I truly believe that he would be a better fit than Randolph along side Curry. I think Frye has a real good chance at becoming a defensive stopper with a decent offensive game, something that the Knicks need more than another offensive body. I keep stressing need when I post, but I guess I'm talking to myself. the knicks DO NOT NEED another offensive powerhouse...
What's done is done though.. Channing will do well, Zach will score his points and grab his rebounds.. hopefully curry has learned to block shots and pick up his D, because Zach sure won't.. and maybe we could win a couple games this s eason

WOW! you said it better than me.

How good does a PG player have to be for Isiah Thomas to give him Marbury Starting position???

Toons

is the Bo$$
Channing Frye....a defensive stopper? you really have wishful thinking....u act as if that intensity develops in every player...some players are just passive....frye is passive...his defensive intensity is not a garuntee in his development...you seem to forget that FRYE DOES NOT BLOCK SHOTS, OR ALTER THE OFFENSE GRATLY....u will see when centers and PF's have their way with him this year.