Oden is Hurt, Channings BIG SHOT!

i love channing because he hit some big shots for us and he was really great in the beginning of his rookie season until larry brown crushed his dreams. i'm just gonna blame brown for frye's lack of growth. i remember we traded kurt thomas and i thought how can we replace him? he had a very accurate mid range jumper at the time (i dont know if he still does because i only watch knick games). and channing just came in and started hitting 15 footers all the time. it was great while it lasted. if he turns into a superstar it'll make me sick to my stomach.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
seems like lots of things make you sick...
whatever the case he should definitley see more play time to start the season. If he does flourish and become a Superstar it would be cool as long as he doesnt have a great game vs the Knicks when in the NBA Finals (in two or three years) when the Knicks play Portland in like 2009/10 season or something.

Frye sucks and the blazers will be praying for the earliest possible return for Oden. Frye= soft,no presence in the post, jump shooting center thats is a bad passer as well. Oden= Defence and a low post presence that a true center should have. Frye wishes he was half the man Oden is and is going to be in the future for his team and the NBA.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
OriginalKnicksGrandson please at least have some respect to a ball player that is working hard to get better, I dont see you in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
Olden defensive presence in the paint vs the NBA, is what everybody has been waiting to see. Now, Olden gets a fresh start with Front Row seats at watching Frye & Aldrige vs the NBA.

Channing Frye picked up alot of great stuff from his fellow Knick Teammates in the last two seasons to add to his own creative ability on the next team.
Frye knows 2 things in September before training-camp.
1) He will get 15 shots per game and
2) that defense is all about timing & positioning in the NBA.

Will Frye take advantage of this opportunity? YES!
Can Frye hang with the Western Conference Bigmen? he will give it all he got.
Will Frye produce a decent stat (17-8) this regular season? YES! he have it in him. Frye inside game will have him going to the foul line alot, thats what we all missed from Frye last season. Frye also have a decent passing-game that he will get a chance to use by receiving the ball early alot with 17 seconds left on the shot clock.

GetRealistic

Starter
Fyre is a nice player. Nothing awful but nothing special. In my mind he's a more athletic version of Mike Doleac. Fyre can stroke an open jumper but his post game, rebounding, and defense are all soft. He may improve but i can't seeing becoming more then a B- NBA player.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Olden defensive presence in the paint vs the NBA, is what everybody has been waiting to see. Now, Olden gets a fresh start with Front Row seats at watching Frye & Aldrige vs the NBA.

Channing Frye picked up alot of great stuff from his fellow Knick Teammates in the last two seasons to add to his own creative ability on the next team.

Will Frye produce a decent stat (17-8) this regular season? YES! he have it in him. Frye inside game will have him going to the foul line alot, thats what we all missed from Frye last season. Frye also have a decent passing-game that he will get a chance to use by receiving the ball early alot with 17 seconds left on the shot clock.

u have this much confidence in frye, but not in zach randolph?
frye will get crushed by west centers and pf's like duncan, amare, dirk, camby, yao, brand, gasol, boozer and da list goes on, at least zach can hang with these dudes. what inside game are you talking about??? and waht passing game? frye wont make it in portland, and the blazers will regret that trade.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

what were u watching the last two season, i wish we never traded him now, smh, lol at u saying frye gotta decent passing game and got a inside game

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah I am not much of a Channing Frye fan either, but he still has some room to improve. He is a young player.

He might still be a young NBA player but I don't see him improving much unless gains about 30-40lbs., loses his soft play, and learns how to play as a big in this leage. If he dosen't improve his play as a big I see him as a back up role player and out of the leage in under 8-10 years.

Kiyaman

Legend
All of the above POST who think differently from my evaluation of Frye new situation in Portland, the best I can say is this season we all will compare Curry performance with Frye performance this season. Hint: PF-Aldridge hustle rebounding talent will improve alongside of Frye as a teammate like David Lee's improvement each season.

I have more confidence in a Frye & Zach lineup then I do in a Curry & Zach lineup.
And somehow the Portland Blazer Organization like everyone else seen what "Greg Olden" have to offer in the frontcourt as the BIGMAN in the paint.
They would rather have Channing Frye outside & inside services which may not be as well as Zach Randolph services but ..... Frye will give Olden room and help to establish himself by co-existing with Olden talents and skillz the sameway Frye did alongside of PF-David Lee & C/F-Jackie Butler on "BOTH Sides of the Court"...

Toons

is the Bo$$
after the league learned that frye had a jumper, u see what the defense did to him....shit him down....he can only hit open shots dogg, not contested sots, hell, i can hit an open J if u give me some room. Fry's Jumper is not as consistant as randolphs, and if u think so, i doubt that u watch as much basketball as me, ar any other ball fan. So IMO, the randolph curry tanem will work alot better than oden/frye.....i cant really say that oden had a good passing game, because i never saw him do anything great in that department....

Toons

is the Bo$$
oh, and frye and aldridge wont ave that many minutes together, because frye cant play center...and andridge can, but wont play power

Toons

is the Bo$$
also, no1 has actually "seen" what oden can do against NBA centers in the paint....dont forget that kwame brown dominated the paint in high school...and was also a number 1 pick...so u cant really bank on oden

Toons

is the Bo$$
and....one more thing, frye did not bring out david lee's talent....david lee, brought out david lee's game....he hustled on the boards and got easy baskets...that had nothing to do with channing ffrye

bahamasc

Rookie
IMO, (and it was Curry's problem too before last year) was that last year compared to his Rookie Year Frye was just way too passive. There were times that he honestly looked like he stayed away from the ball and just settled to catch and shoot. I think if Frye just brings that back he can be a legit 17ppg 8rpg player.