NETS want Allan. (NYC's "New Team" on the rise?)

Starks

Starter
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcxOTQxMDUmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Not surprised by this. The Nets really are positioning themselves as a safe haven for disgruntled Knick fans. I think signing Allan is more of a strategic "smack in the face" move though.

Allan would do so well with Kidd and their system. With him on the court, there really isn't too many holes out there. I'd say he can easily have nights where he gets hot and drops 17 easy.

But back to the Nets,
I still think they made a huge statment by buying billboards near the Garden, sort of rubbing it in.

With Jay-Z's hands involved on the team, don't think for a second that half the NBA would want to work with him. Don't discredit Mr. Carter's repoir with the players. Most these dudes are huge fans who feel like little kids looking up to their hero when they seem him on the sideline.

Plus, the marketing opportunties will be INSANE! (As someone in the marketing field, I have already reached out the Nets about getting a job on their marketing division at job fairs and so forth. Trust me, they have complete confidence they can win over this city...think of the NY METS.)

Brooklyn jerseys will be eveywhere, and Jay-Z will def make his BK roots known through this. I already think Lebron and Jay-Z have had talks about him coming to NY's "New team".

Dolan better not sit idle with another dismal season. The media shut their doors on the Knicks 2 seasons ago, and empty seats all over MSG fans have as well.

Starks

Starter
Hov knows what he's doing..

check out some shit from the past..

-Free Net tickets with his album:
http://www.hiphopmusic.com/archives/002042.html

-Jay Z holds a contest for new Nets theme song.
http://rap.about.com/b/a/257627.htm

-Nets thought of using NEW YORK Nets.
http://www.netsdaily.com/blog/?p=311

-Early image of Nets' new jerseys?
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...m=10&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4RNWN_enUS229US240&sa=N

Now, with all this taken into accout, just think about how crazy that arena is gona be rockin on opening night. I already envision Biggie on the loud speakers "Where Brooklyn AT? Where Brooklyn AT" playing before tip off. ODB's "Brooklyn ZOOO".

This is gona be something thats gona cause trouble folks..and don't lie and say you wouldn't want to go to a few Net games in BK lol lol

First of all I would like to remind you that this is a Knicks fan site not Nets. Now that thats said youv'e got to be kidding me , your realy want a washed up shooting guard to play in a running style of play when he has no legs left, are you for real? I do agree by the time the nets make it into NY their going to be hot , but the Knicks are NEW YORK'S team and always will be!!!( even if the nets got Lebron)

Starks

Starter
First of all I would like to remind you that this is a Knicks fan site not Nets. Now that thats said youv'e got to be kidding me , your realy want a washed up shooting guard to play in a running style of play when he has no legs left, are you for real? I do agree by the time the nets make it into NY their going to be hot , but the Knicks are NEW YORK'S team and always will be!!!( even if the nets got Lebron)

quote me on these projected number for Allan:

6.7 ppg, 2.1 A, 1.7 R, 94% FT, .456 3PT%, 7 Minutes per game.
23pts Season High
2 Game Winners

Sounds about right, but hes getting paid Vet's min. So thats pretty much free input.

Plus he'll be a favorite with the fans.

Thats more than what we'll ever get for our 3Omil man who wears his same number.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
ha ha fan favorte??allan houston will not be a fan favorite, to be a fan favorite u gotta play wit heart or atleast show heart, u gotta hustle and actually try to play defense

Trin_Starr

Starter
fan favorite - I dunno about that....alot of New Yorkers still have alot of anger towards him

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2007/09/allan_houston_gets_an_earful.html

Allan Houston gets an earful
We've known about Allan Houston's comeback plans since the spring, but on Thursday morning Houston made an appearance on Sirius' "Cipha Sounds Effect Morning Show" to make it official.

We already know it's very unlikely he'll make his comeback with the Knicks. I've previously mentioned Miami, Orlando and Cleveland as potential places where he can fit in well. Don't count out Boston, either. They need bodies and wouldn't mind another shooter.

The interview was pretty tame at the start. Houston tells the hosts he tried previously to come back for the Knicks but eventually had to put an end to it: "I really hurt myself more trying to come back . . . and it was really hurting me more. And two years later, I always felt, though, in my spirit and in my mind, I always felt I would still have a chance to come back."

The highlight of the interview, however, came when a caller named "Sarge" came on and criticized the hosts for being soft on Houston. Sarge then berated Houston for playing a prime role in the Knicks downfall and blamed him for running Patrick Ewing out of town. Sarge continually calls out Houston for being "friends with Dolan" and that he never defered any of his $100 million contract in order to bring in good players to play around him. He says he got that contract from "one lucky bounce against Miami."

One of the hosts doesn't help matters when he butts in and asks the caller: "Were the Knicks winning anything before Allan Houston?"

D'oh!

Priceless stuff and really raw emotion from a Knick fan, whether you agree or not with the caller.

Check out the entire call here: //a1022.g.akamai.net/f/1022/8160/5m/images.newsday.com/media/mp3/2007-09/32391845.mp3

(Sorry for the cut-and-paste, but it's too large of a file to upload to the blog)

It was definitely one of those moments where you believe the guy probably once said "I ever had the chance to tell this guy to his face what I think about him, I will." And he did.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
The only thing I am saying is boo to the Nets. They can go to New York if they want, I hope they choke and get a 10-72 because they won't handle it. Nah that probably wont happen but no matter what I am a Knicks fan.

Knicks might move to the Continental Airlines Area, but the rumors stopped 18 months ago so it probably wont happen.

Its not just the garden. The Knicks are and always will be NY. Its the Knick legands and the hard nose swagger that NY ball players carry. Jersey wishes they were the Knicks, moving to NY still won't make the Nets NY's team!!!:)

amilion

Benchwarmer
I actually hate the fact that the nets are coming to NY!!! I never liked the idea and never will. This is the Knicks home not the nets!!! But I agree, as long as we have the Garden, this will always be the Knicks town. Forget jersey!! I hope we kill them during the season!!! LOL!!!

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I actually hate the fact that the nets are coming to NY!!! I never liked the idea and never will. This is the Knicks home not the nets!!! But I agree, as long as we have the Garden, this will always be the Knicks town. Forget jersey!! I hope we kill them during the season!!! LOL!!!

You couldnt have said it any better. New York and the Garden is home to the KNICKS and always will be. As far as Allan Houston goes- well have fun in New Jersey.

bahamasc

Rookie
I wish Allan the best in his en devours. Hopefully he comes back healthy is successful enough to get whooped by the Knicks in the conference finals or something :D.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Jay-Z is a moron. And I mean that with the upmost respect haha. He's a smart business man... except that he only sold Rocafella for 10 mill. but it was it is.

For someone who is such a Knicks fan hes surely tryin to stick it to us. I dont think LeBron will go to BK. He's a KNICKS fan. Not a NETS fan. No matter where they move its the same team...

thats like being a LJ Charlotte HORNETS fan... and playing for the Bobcats because of that.. it doestn work! not the same! but once again it is what it is.

now as for Houston.. his agent (speakin through him) said despite Nets offer Allan truly wants to play for NY again. plain and simple. obviously money doesnt matter to him and anything he can do to help us is what he wants to do... THAT IS WHAT WE NEED IN THE LOCKER ROOM. Keep Malik Rose and get Allan Houston and use that veteran leadership to our advantage. Role players with a purpose. We already have the talent we just now need the leadership.

If we were to sign him heres how the roster would look going into training camp.

Curry/Morris/James
Randolph/Lee/Rose
Jeffries/Balkman/Chandler
Crawford/Richardson/Houston/Nichols/Jones
Marbury/Robinson/Collins/Dickau

too many guards? well this will also help us in a deal. say we want Artest bad and they want more in return.. now we have more options. instead of taking a bad contract/bad talent like Jeffries or Rose they can now have Q or JC. And with expiring contracts in Jones&Dickau who cares what happens to them.

I say sign him and see what happens roster wise. Despite signing with us he knows very well if it doesnt work out in training camp due to roster reasons someone else will pick him up.. especially with not having the risk of the guaranteed contract.

PS.. the BK Nets jerseys were ugly haha

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
15 my friend, I've got to side against you on this one. The problem with signing Houston and trading one of our guards is if Houston gets injured we are screwed. He's a good guy and can change the image of the Knicks. There shouldn't be a problem with him draining the 3 ball when he's open. As far as his ability to run up and down the court, well that remains to be seen. Let's not even talk about Houston on the defensive end. HA! I'd much rather start Richardson and have Crawford back him up. Hire Houston as a coach or trainer for Crawford or something. We do need a locker room presence though. As specially with Steph speaking Ebonics and shit. (I'm Black so let it go.)

metrocard

Legend

lmao, mad sensitive.