Greg Oden to miss entire NBA 07-08 Season

Toons

is the Bo$$
WOW....prime opportunity for frye, i think im pickin him up in fan ball, terrible for blazers....the article is on nba.com, but ill c&p it here for our fans

Oden Undergoes Microfracture Surgery

An exploratory arthroscopic surgery performed on Greg Oden today revealed cartilage damage to the Portland Trail Blazers rookie?s right knee. Oden is likely to miss the 2007-08 NBA season.

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a micro fracture surgery today," said team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who preformed the surgery. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with micro fracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage. There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from micro fracture surgery."

Oden is expected to be on crutches for up to eight weeks. Recovery time from micro fracture surgery varies from person to person, but generally takes between six and 12 months for full recovery.

"Certainly this is a setback, but our future is still incredibly bright," said Trail Blazers General Manager Kevin Pritchard. "Is it disappointing? Yes. However, this is a great core of talent and players of strong character and will continue to be."

Oden, the #1 pick in June?s NBA Draft, averaged 15.7 points and 9.6 rebounds for Ohio State last season, leading the Buckeyes to the NCAA national championship game as a freshman.

"We know this discouraging news for all of our fans, however, the people of Portland are very enthusiastic and compassionate about their Trail Blazers and I know they will stand behind Greg and the team during his recovery," said Trail Blazers President Larry Miller. "We believe our fans and sponsors are going to continue to support us because they know we?re headed in the right direction."

between 6-12 months...wow...blazers really took a blow today

bahamasc

Rookie
Wow well at least they got C. Frye who can slip in and start at the PF/C. That sucks though, hope he comes back healthy.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Disappointing. Really. I hope he wont be paid that 3.50 something million dollars for just sitting and doing nothing. Oden is a injury prone player then I think that he might actually get traded. Seriously. I mean that. I won't mind sending Q Rich, EC, D Lee, and Nate for Roy, *Oden*, J Jack, D Miles.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I won't mind sending Q Rich, EC, D Lee, and Nate for Roy, *Oden*, J Jack, D Miles.

I think thats crazy, but getting back to Oden, that sucks for the Blazers big time. The top draft pick and overall one of the best on that team cant play. Yeah great opportunity for Frye. No Doubt Oden will come ready to play in the 08-09 Season.

GetRealistic

Starter
Disappointing. Really. I hope he wont be paid that 3.50 something million dollars for just sitting and doing nothing. Oden is a injury prone player then I think that he might actually get traded. Seriously. I mean that. I won't mind sending Q Rich, EC, D Lee, and Nate for Roy, *Oden*, J Jack, D Miles.

You have got to be out of your mind son, I'm not going to get into the name calling because your post made it perfectly clear about your knowledge of basketball, so i'll just ask you a question. Why would the Blazers even possibly consider that trade?

It's unfortunate for the Blazers but in the long run itll work out, theyll just get one more top 3 pick to add to that roster before Oden comes back.

Toons

is the Bo$$
does portland have their draft pick for next season? cuz if they suck this year, their team next season will be young, and dynamic...might even be the youngest championship team ever....who knows....pportland might have a good chance in 2010

nyKnicks126

You have got to be out of your mind son, I'm not going to get into the name calling because your post made it perfectly clear about your knowledge of basketball, so i'll just ask you a question. Why would the Blazers even possibly consider that trade?

It's unfortunate for the Blazers but in the long run itll work out, theyll just get one more top 3 pick to add to that roster before Oden comes back.

Dont start. It is possible because of the fact that they will be missing Oden, a player that might loose his value, decrease his skill, and make him JUST a normal player. Like what happened to Penny Hardaway. Even though A S from the SUns had a bad injury he came back, but it wasn't as serious as this injury to Oden. Injury prone already signed a contract is already playing the real 21st century game of basketball REHAB.

Realistic. if you that smart you think of a trade to help this team out for young players,never seen you try to think of anything reasonable. I am not a GM and I dont plan on being one, just looking at this what Isiah done I think I could seriously do a better job then him.
My Dream Team Knicks LineUp
/or
C. Z.Ilgauskas/ B Wallace
PF.D.Howard/C. Bosh
SF.L.Deng *C/R.Lewis
SG.M.Ellis/Jason Terry
PG.D.Williams/M. Conley

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

and Realistic if you such a huge knicks fan tell me, What is the largest winning streak the knicks had against ONE team? Dont cheat.

What Knick player scored the most point per game in one season? DONT cheat.

You seriously aren't anything close to what kind of a true fan I am. You probably just like to knicks for the city and thats probably it.

GetRealistic

Starter
and Realistic if you such a huge knicks fan tell me, What is the largest winning streak the knicks had against ONE team? Dont cheat.

What Knick player scored the most point per game in one season? DONT cheat.

You seriously aren't anything close to what kind of a true fan I am. You probably just like to knicks for the city and thats probably it.

I never thought id say this but, i miss Metrocard. He would atleast have my back on this stupid proposed trade.

Did i ever say you weren't a Knicks fan? All i said was your an idiot, not that your not a Knicks fan. The fact you can go on a website and lookup obscure stats doesn't mean a thing to me. Your the same poster who thought Don Nelson and Jeff Van Gundywould possibly come back and coach the Knicks. If you were this massively smart fan with all this knowledge you'd remember that Nelson was forced out of town after half a season, and Van Gundy left due to Dolan.

Your proposing that the Blazers trade two potential franchise players (Roy and Oden) and a young point guard in Jack for a our garbage. I mean get serious. And to answer your questions i don't propose any trades because with our current cap situation and influex of young players, there are no logical trades or possible trades to propose at the moment. Whats the point of proposing trades just to propose them?

And i'm not even going to touch your whole dream team idea (Kinda funny artest isn't on there, considering how much you harp up acquiring him) Because you obviously have no concept of salary cap and what not. So i'm just going to let it go. Trust me i won't respond to your posts anymore its not worth you getting all defensive.

But i'll end with the same question i left on my last post. Why would the Blazers even possibly consider that trade?

Oh yea ill take a shot at your questions. Ill guess that the streak is agianst Philadelphia, and the ppg is Benard King 32.9

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Seriously look who is talking the only reason you come to this forum is to argue with me, younger people then you, metrocard, and you never put in personal knowledge that you actually know in any of your posts, I strongly believe you're the idiot here.

I remember some thread that he hated on me because I was a young kid that watched the knicks in 1999. I was 9. Ever since then this guy as been disrespectful, and a idiot for sure.

nyKnicks126

my bad guys for not sticking to the subject, I won't be talking about my opinions about trades, cause I want to benefit my team to much.

nyKnicks126

In 95-96 the Spurs were 59-23, David Robinson got hurt 96-97 they had 20 wins I think. Next year they got Tim Duncan at the first round pick in the 97 draft then and until now the Spurs are a good team. This is going to happen to Portland. They will be one of the better teams in the league in 2 years.

nyKnicks126

They wouldn't I just insisted a trade that I would really like, I know it wouldn't happen. So next time I am not going to talk about my trade fantasy.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Watch out NBA

This is a huge silver lining for the Blazers. They were not going to win it all this year anyway, but they had a good chance of being a first round playoff team.

Now they will get another lottery pick, along with a completely healthy Oden next year. Their other young players will get valuable time on the floor this year in order to help them develop.

In three to four years, the Blazers will be serioius contenders.