Trading Zach Randolph for Jermaine Oneal would be so stupid.

zach: 23.6 ppg
oneal: 19.6 ppg

zach: 10.6 rpg
oneal: 9.6 rpg

zach: 0.2 bpg
oneal: 2.6 bpg

zach: western conference
oneal: eastern conference

oneal is way better defense wise but zach put up major numbers in a stronger conference. he was the only guy in the league with those numbers last year. they both played the same role on their teams. zach has a wider skill set. there is video evidence that he is a good passer when he wants to be. and he's is surrounded with guys that can finish as oppose to the bums he played with in portland. isiah will break him down and build him up to be an unselfish and team oriented player just like he did with stephon marbury. zach is also almost 3 years younger than oneal so thats a plus in his column.

and if the trade were to happen it wouldn't be a straight up deal. the knicks might have to give up someone like nate rob, balkman, or demetrius nichols. it wouldn't make sense to give up young talent just to get a guy whose is a only a better shot blocker. its not enough of a reward to give up one of them. they each have potential to become an all-star later in their career.

zach is the better overall player. theres no telling what he'll do against guys in the east. he already put up huge numbers in the west. he is a BEAST. be happy with what you have "knick fans".

moneyg

Starter
zach: 23.6 ppg
oneal: 19.6 ppg

zach: 10.6 rpg
oneal: 9.6 rpg

zach: 0.2 bpg
oneal: 2.6 bpg

zach: western conference
oneal: eastern conference

oneal is way better defense wise but zach put up major numbers in a stronger conference. he was the only guy in the league with those numbers last year. they both played the same role on their teams. zach has a wider skill set. there is video evidence that he is a good passer when he wants to be. and he's is surrounded with guys that can finish as oppose to the bums he played with in portland. isiah will break him down and build him up to be an unselfish and team oriented player just like he did with stephon marbury. zach is also almost 3 years younger than oneal so thats a plus in his column.

and if the trade were to happen it wouldn't be a straight up deal. the knicks might have to give up someone like nate rob, balkman, or demetrius nichols. it wouldn't make sense to give up young talent just to get a guy whose is a only a better shot blocker. its not enough of a reward to give up one of them. they each have potential to become an all-star later in their career.

zach is the better overall player. theres no telling what he'll do against guys in the east. he already put up huge numbers in the west. he is a BEAST. be happy with what you have "knick fans".

no way would i do this. JO can not stay healthy if his life depended on it. he is just like tmac. houston will never go anywhere because he will never play a full season, and the same can be said for anybody that builds there team around JO. what i would have done is trade Curry for Garnet b4 boston got him. then you would of had the perfect player to play along side zbo

I just like JO's D, and I think he would be a better fit on paper, but we all know this game is not played on paper. I just can't wait until the season starts to see how our front court is going to look. But if for whatever reason Eddy and Zach don't mesh, that is an option for the Knicks.

I agree we should stay away from J.Oneal he's a injury risk and the only thing he has on Zack is a little D, Zack will improve under Aguire. I wouldn't have traded Curry for Garnett though. Curry is a future super star in this leage he's young still and his size,speed,quickness,finess and strenth is unmached and with a little more work he could avg. 30pts 12reb per game besides a large body in the paint keeping big men out and intimidating guards from penatraiting the lane.(even if the fear isn't getting blocked but the fear of a good hard foul from a man beast:))

moneyg

Starter
I agree we should stay away from J.Oneal he's a injury risk and the only thing he has on Zack is a little D, Zack will improve under Aguire. I wouldn't have traded Curry for Garnett though. Curry is a future super star in this leage he's young still and his size,speed,quickness,finess and strenth is unmached and with a little more work he could avg. 30pts 12reb per game besides a large body in the paint keeping big men out and intimidating guards from penatraiting the lane.(even if the fear isn't getting blocked but the fear of a good hard foul from a man beast:))

im tired of hearing future...future ....future... garnet would have and will be an allstar for at least the next 4 years. isnt the whole idea is to win 2 chips in the next 4 years. curry will never bre ableto play half the d that garnet plays. i like curry a lot but garnet is proven while 50% of the NBA is " he has the potential to be.........blah blah blah in the future"

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
What Come On

You dont want to hear about the future well neither do I. Curry just gave us 19.5 ppg and 7 rpg on a team that dosnt move without the ball. everyone keeps bothering Curry about how he cant pass out of the double team, but thats because no one is moving without the ball the double team will come and the one open player would be on the other side of the court. Now if we had a good team that played together who knows what type of number Curry would have had. If this team gets together and playes like a real team i bet you we can send at least 3 players to the all star game every year. we have the talent we just need to team work. Garnett is a great player but if you gave him what Curry had to deal with last year as a team i bet you even he wouldnt have had the same #'s.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Kiyaman

Legend
Jermain O'Neal would be 100% better complimentary Player to Eddy Curry than Zach Randolph will be.
O'Neal knows how to play alongside of an offense or defense Center, he showed that on the USA Team and with the Pacers. Plus his hops on high rebounds is much better than Zach.

O'Neal injury problems has alot to do with the Indiana Organization poor medical examiner.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Is this a rumor??? i havent heard about this trade and was wondering why the thread was started.

Trading For Garnett or Jermaine O?Neal?

OK, first Garnett: A true superstar in this league who works as hard (or harder) than any player in the league. People speak of the future when they speak of young players like Curry, etc., and in the case of Garnett, he can make your team special immediately, no doubt.
Now Zach Randolph for Jermaine O’Neal: I guess a case could be made for this ridiculous move (on the Knicks’ part, that is), but, as stated very wisely by youmakemesick, the only thing O’Neal has over Zach Randolph is better shotblocking ability. Question all the trades Isaiah makes if you want, but the man knows talent.
<O:p
Conclusion: Let’s just start the season with the team we have. We are young. We are talented. We are versatile. And most importantly, WE ARE YOUNG!! Look around the league and tell me of a team that is as young and talented as this one. We are a few tweaks away from being a real force in this league. Marbury continuing to put the team before himself, Curry being meaner, Zach Randolph doing what he did in Portland (20-10), Q-Rich staying healthy and shooting like he can, Jeffries finding his game (which he will), David Lee just being David Lee, Jamal Crawford continuing to be a clutch shooting threat, the continued development of Balkman & Mardy Collins, and Nate Robinson balancing controlled play with offensive fury.
Malik Rose, Wilson Chandler, Jerome James, Randolph Morris, Demetrius Nichols & Fred Jones rounds out what is easily one of the deepest teams in the NBA.
Don’t let the haters fool you, as much mud gets slung on the Knicks, there is not a coach in the league that wouldn’t give his first born to coach this team. When we get it together, we are going to be very good for a very long time.
Sure, looking towards the future can get old, and I would love a title run right now. But, and I’m sure most people would agree, I would much rather compete for the title every year than just one and done (see Miami). <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
Miami</ST1
><st1:City w:st=
Miami</st1:City> just signed Penny Hardaway and were matched by <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pMilwaukee</ST1:p</st1:City> in an attempt to sign Charlie Bell. A year removed from the title, they sure look pretty strapped to me.
<O:p
I’d like to build a title, not buy one!

Toons

is the Bo$$
its just a fantasy trade scenario....if i was gm, id have to agree with kyaman...you guys talk a lot about our current team...we are an offensive powerhouse....but look at the teams in the playoffs....clevelnad is not an offensive powerhouse....nor utah, detroit, san antonio...those are defensive teams....look at dallas, offense can win games and give u a 62+ season, but in 7 games...defense wins championships. ZCH AVERAGES 10-10....JERMAINE AVERAGES 19 AND 9....with 2.6 blocks per game....jermaine answers more problems than zach...interior defense...blocks, and he has less turnovers....ibut in reality, we have to deal with what we have...and hope our guys develope. O'Neal is going into his 12'th season....and im not sure if he hit his peak yet, but i think he wud b a better fit alongside curry. I also agree with our youth scheme and building a championship contender for the seasons to come....idk...i just want the season to hurry and start so we can start out 10-0 run an surprise the league

Kiyaman

Legend
OK, first Garnett: A true superstar in this league who works as hard (or harder) than any player in the league. People speak of the future when they speak of young players like Curry, etc., and in the case of Garnett, he can make your team special immediately, no doubt.
Now Zach Randolph for Jermaine O’Neal: I guess a case could be made for this ridiculous move (on the Knicks’ part, that is), but, as stated very wisely by youmakemesick, the only thing O’Neal has over Zach Randolph is better shotblocking ability. Question all the trades Isaiah makes if you want, but the man knows talent.

I will be the first to admitt that Isiah Thomas knows young talent however, as the Knicks Head Coach he have to be able to ASSEMBLE all the talents he have into a 8-Man Rotation that co-exist together on both sides of the court.
I am going to give Isiah Thomas a pass on his coaching last season because him and his staff did a very poor job in Isiah first season back to coaching.
What I mean about POOR Job is last season Isiah had 14 players inwhich he could not get 5 players to co-exist with chemistry out of the entire season.
We Knick-Fans watched a Knick Team with "Indivdual Talents" last season.

stevie

Benchwarmer
Its not about making the Knicks better. Its about taking Oneal contract which is over after next year. for zach which has 3 more years. also they would have to take somone in the 5-6 millin doallar range to make this work. so say good bye to jefferies or james. I would gladly throw in a young guy to get rid of 20 million in salary.

paris401

Starter
Curry is a future super star in this leage he's young still and his size,speed,quickness,finess and strenth is unmached and with a little more work he could avg. 30pts 12reb per game besides a large body in the paint keeping big men out and intimidating guards from penatraiting the lane.(even if the fear isn't getting blocked but the fear of a good hard foul from a man beast:))

i want some of the shit your smoking.... it's gotta be good...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
i want some of the shit your smoking.... it's gotta be good...
LOL! You just read my mind. He must be smoking those serious herbs.I wish I was on this site last year.I would've never allowed him to get away with saying such a rediculous comment. 19 ppg for 1 season doesn't mean you're a superstar. Especially considering Curry averaged .5 blocks, 7 rebounds, and 3.64 turnovers to go with it.