"Knicks Should Get Rid Of Isiah"

Knicks1stLady

Benchwarmer
IDK, i think the real story of why Ariza got traded will be a mystery that will always be trapped in Knick lore. I dont buy that Larry wanted to banish him. I think this move really has Dolan's stench all over it.

I still wonder what the hell happened with this

Kiyaman

Legend
Now y'all are being hard on Isiah for even making this Post.
Yes' I must admit that I been an Isiah Thomas Basher since the week he traded for Marbury & Penny. But I could do that because I been an all out Knick-Fan when Isiah Thomas won the NCAA Championship. When the Knicks had Center Bill Cartwright and Outstanding PF-Toby Knight inwhich these two players were good for 23 boards a game, plus 30 something points for 32 MPG.

Isiah Thomas mouth got him in a lot of trouble as a player however he backed up his words with his outstanding play to be the BEST PG throughout his career (Magic Johnson will say the samething). Isiah will talk to you bringing down the ball or criss-crossing on you for a basket.
Every old NBA B-Ball Fan knew and expected the PAST of Isiah Thomas enemies (rich & poor) will catch up to him when we seen what happen to the CBA, then the Toronto Organization, then the immediate Firing as the Indiana Pacers Coach. This sexual harrassement case is a Joke inwhich shows that Isiah Thomas has alot of enemies out to get him.

Knick President Isiah Thomas made this Knicks team into a Future competive team.
He also made some outrageous trades that put this Knick team below the .500 percentage mark for Four straight seasons.
And NO the Knicks did not need the Curry trade!
after they signed Jerome James.
Assistant Coach Mark Aquire was doing a great outstanding job in his personal gym with Rookies Jackie Butler, Channing Frye, and David Lee. Mixing these three rookie bigmen with James, Taylor, and Malik in the frontcourt their first season could not have been as bad as the 23 WIN season with Curry & Davis 30 minute bad performances.

The Knicks gave away three good young players that Knick-Fans would not have mind keeping and losing with just for them to get playingtime experience (Trevor Ariza, Jackie Butler, and Channing Frye).
However, the Knicks have a young core frontline of defensive Rookie 6.11 Randolph Morris, 6.9 David Lee, and 6.7 Renaldo Balkman that may be more effective on NBA oponents than Curry, Zach, and Jefferies if given the playingtime (together) this season. Especially if one of the three guards (Marbury, Crawford, or Nate) are on Fire an in a scoring zone.

Firing Isiah Thomas may lose this team Assistant Coach Mark Aqiure if he is not made the Head Coach.

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
All I can say is, there's such a thing as being faithful to a fault. Time will tell. I've grown to tolerate Thomas as coach but I can't tolerate Cablevision and Dolan's involvement. This is corporate ownership run a muck. It makes me say unbelievably crazy things.

csenoner

Rookie
lets get a few things straight

I always looks at these knicks forums and see people posting stupid stuff without thinking, and we need to get a few things clear. first to jusdge isiah we need to take a look into the situation he inherited.
shandon anderson
michael doleac
howard eisley
othella harrington
allen houston
kurt thomas
charlie ward
clarence weatherspoon
frank williams
mutumbo
sweeney
van horn
vranes
mcdysse

I kid u not, this was only 4 years ago and almost all of them are out of the league. the only players with any value today are mcdysse and thomas. the rest suck or are out of the league. now lets realize that he didnt inherit a bad team that was cheap. with dolans bad contracts this team was also one of the highest, if not the highest, in the league. now he could have just waited for all their contracts to expire and undrego true rebuilding, but everyone knows ny has no patience for that so he tried to flip the roster quick to contend. do do so, he had to take on afew bad contracts. if u are gonna have a expensive team might as well have some talent and compete. he upgraded but the team was obviously not good enough to contend for a title, but did make the playoffs. ny wanted to win now so he made moves for players like tim thomas who obviously didnt work out but he did what he had to to try and get somethin done. u can question the moves in hindsight, but no one questioned thos emoves at the time because looking at that roster we were facing a dire situation and a long rebuilding process with a 100 million dollar untouchable man on the books. might as well have tried to win immediately. eventually players were swaped and scrapped and 4 years later we still have the highest payroll in the league, but we are actually young, exciting, and will be competitive. if u look at the before and after rosters, what isiah did in 4 years is actually remarkable. we havent shown the ability to win yet, but im confident we will this year. it may have been expensive and had many failed tries but that was a rebuilding overhaul, and even if we just slashed contracts and waited and rebuilt in a traditional sens we wouldnt have a young talented team this good this fast. it took the bulls like 8 years after jordan left to make the playoffs and people were patient there and they still havent accomplished shit. now people are saying they are ready to compete, 9 or 10 years later.isiah did the same thing in 4years and the wins are going to start coming this year. u cant dispute the talent he brought in. i like our squad for the future as much as any out there in the east. as far as the francis fiasc, everyone knows and knew at the time isiah did id to placate brown cuz he didnt like the roster. he wanted to keep his pick, ariza, but its all good cuz it landed us randolph in the end. the bottom line is no one has ever given isiah a chance, he faced scrutiny during a rebuilding process. now that process is over so now we can look to see what the results are. the bottom line is isiah took an old, expensive, boring piece of crap and revamped it to a young, exciting, talented team that will contend in 4 years. now give em a chance to win. any questions??????

metrocard

Legend
michael doleac
allen houston
kurt thomas
charlie ward
frank williams
mutumbo
van horn

Those guys were actually good for us. I remember Frank Williams playing the PG position very good defensive and offensively when he was a starter. Ward wasn't an all star, but I appreciated his contributions; never tried to force any turnovers and can hit a 3 when you need one. Micheal Doleac was awesome in the pick and roll, I really like him as a back up center, so does Miami. Kurt Thomas was the best defensive player we had since Sprewell, and I see Balkman filling that role EASILY. Mutumbo was very good when healthy. Van Horn was AWESOME for the Knicks. LOL, anyone remember Eisley's rainbow 3? That shit was so random, but when it went in you was relieved.

How are you even a Knick fan but you don't know how to spell Allan Houston? This just actually says you're an Isiah follower who just started following the Knicks in 2004. You're pretty much limited in everything that isn't related to Isiah, notice how your post revolve around Isiah's image, and they are against anyone who tarnishes his image, thus making you an Isiahsexual. Isiahsexuals say the same thing in every post.

Almost all of them out of their league cause their contracts expired and retired, who said we were going to keep them?

Isiah inherited a poor team, upgraded the talent and the youth, but lower the standard of success. I just don't see how people DON'T get tired of seeing our team fail each season but still praise Isiah as a God. Its really a sad cult.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Some people see the upside in this team while others cry over the result. No one is happy about a 33 win season. Let's be real. But the talent level on this team has risen 7-8 times fold since Layden has gotten the boot. So when the only problem is injuries and team chemistry...that can be taught and not acquired. The latter is harder so that should give you some fulfillment. But not as much as a 50 win season of course but when this team is on the right track and pessimists fail to realize this...they only shed tears about the number of losses. It takes years to get rings not 3 offseason...I'mma let that marinate and hopefully it clicks in the pessimist state of mind...

The day the knicks play for picks is the day I stop watchin em I think it shows no heart. And in reality bombing doesn't always work I mean the alot of teams have been rebuilding for 10+ yrs. I mean just the last yr or 2 have the clippers, cavs and nuggets started turning it around and they sucked forever. I'm sorry but a great player can't beat a great team more than once or twice. What I do agree with though is that a change in management or philosophy can make a team a winner. Case in point the celtics if they win or lose everyone has to respect the moves they made the only knock is they traded depth for talent. To tell the truth good trades and fa signing can mean as much or more than picks.