Who's really to blame?

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Well after reading through about half of this article http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3763
It made me think. Didnt Mr. James Dolan take over the Knicks when his dad Charles Dolan, retired in the mid 90's?
I think I remember reading that a long while back but I cant remember.
Well if it was around that time here's what I blame Dolan for
Firing Ernie Grunfeld after 17 years with the Knicks
Remember Dave Checketts?
He became president of the New York Knicks in March 1991, and in his four seasons as president, the team made it to the Eastern Conference Finals three times and went to the NBA Finals in 1994 and 1999. The team set records for attendance, television ratings and revenue under his watch.

Sure times change but I guess it's not what happened above, but what happened afterward.
Hiring of Scott Layden and letting him tear this team apart.
JD never really had control of his franchise anyway, Spree and Camby hated his guts and the team had been on a downfall until the most recent years, when I have all the trust in Isiah that he is controling this team and this year we will see everything we wanted in a competitive playoff caliber team and Dolan is an idiot that comes out once in a while to show he still signs the checks.

Sure he wont sell the Knicks anytime soon but maybe he'll learn how to run his companies better. Anyone remember what happened to Nobody Beats the Wiz?

metrocard

Legend
I blame Dolan for letting Layden and Isiah run freely this team like a bunch of homosexuals playing dynasty mode in NBA Live 07.

Dolan is an dumbass, now that said I think we should keep Isiah with the Knicks. Even if it turns out that he can't coach the team he has put together a lot of talented ball players and he has a great eye for young talent that has really put us in the position to win. I also agree with the fact that Scott Layden is to blame for the last... I don't know 5 or 6 years or so. All I here out of Isiah bashers is how about the JJ's and Steve Francis deals. Dosen't anybody remember that we had no center when he singned J.James (Curry trade didn't happen yet) as for J.Jeffries I still haven't given up hope that he could be a productive Knick, Washington loved him and I remember watching an interview with Lebron James saying J.Jeffries was a very good defender. Now on to the Steve Francis experiment I never liked him so this is hard for me to defend but maby Zeke was just thinking of the old two guard tandems that seemed to work in the past like W.Frasier and E.Monroe or maby he saw a little I.Thomas and J.Dumars there? Whatever it was I'm just glad its over and S.Francis is no longer a Knick. I also belive that Isiah has got something in the works for a trade either before or after the tradeing deadline reguarding K.Bryant and thats why we didn't go after J.Oniel or R. Artest. Artest should be a Knick next year without us giving up anything anyway.

metrocard

Legend
Incording to your post Isiah should be a scout, he's a terrible GM. Chicago, Orlando, Toronto and Phoneix fans are very happy that they traded with us in the past couple of years. Isiah gave them cap flexibility and a nice future of success while Isiah gave us 3 losing seasons and a possible "8th" seed this season, which hasn't happened yet.

Its not all Isiah though, the Knicks front office has been awful for a decade if from what I remember.

btw I didn't know 3rd string centers who play 14 minutes per game we an answer to a team that needed a center. Must be Isiah's wacky methodology of GMing that he taught to his Isiahsexuals.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Dolan Knicks and his brass went wrong when they did not FIRE Coach JVG! instead they FIRED G.M. Ernie Grunfield. That was the downfall of the Knicks...

Yes J.James is and always was a bum, but he is still on the roster for the same reason we picked him up...Size. At the time if I can remember correctly there wasn't a whole lot to choose from for frontcourt help, besides our serious money predicamint. Maby Zeke is just a scout but the team responded to his coaching style(however missleading it is) a lot better than they responded to L.Brown. As for chi,orl,tor and phx they might have ended up with some cap space but what players are left on their respected teams? Chi got Sweetney and T.Thomas neither there and T.Thomas the better of the two never even played. Phx we got Q for K.Thomas not to bad seeing as K.Thomas was hurt most of his time there. Orl. is the only ones who got the better of the deal and only money wise can you really argue that T.Ariza is a better player than S.Francis? I'm not sure what your talking about with referance to Tor. I remember somebody drafting C.Bosh and T.Mac while they were there.

Last edited:

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Dolan is an dumbass, now that said I think we should keep Isiah with the Knicks. Even if it turns out that he can't coach the team he has put together a lot of talented ball players and he has a great eye for young talent that has really put us in the position to win. I also agree with the fact that Scott Layden is to blame for the last... I don't know 5 or 6 years or so. All I here out of Isiah bashers is how about the JJ's and Steve Francis deals. Dosen't anybody remember that we had no center when he singned J.James (Curry trade didn't happen yet) as for J.Jeffries I still haven't given up hope that he could be a productive Knick, Washington loved him and I remember watching an interview with Lebron James saying J.Jeffries was a very good defender. Now on to the Steve Francis experiment I never liked him so this is hard for me to defend but maby Zeke was just thinking of the old two guard tandems that seemed to work in the past like W.Frasier and E.Monroe or maby he saw a little I.Thomas and J.Dumars there? Whatever it was I'm just glad its over and S.Francis is no longer a Knick. I also belive that Isiah has got something in the works for a trade either before or after the tradeing deadline reguarding K.Bryant and thats why we didn't go after J.Oniel or R. Artest. Artest should be a Knick next year without us giving up anything anyway.

If we get Ron Artest when he's a free agent, wouldn't we need to sign him to a big long-term contract? Would Artest take a pay cut to play for the Knicks? If we give the Kings David Lee or Balkman, then we can experiment with Artest for two years at a cheap price.

I don't think we would sign him to a huge contract like were used to giving out . I also think giving up Lee or Balkman would be a big mistake. When I said we could get him for "free" I ment without giving up our young talent not money.

As a side note I would give the young guys up for a Kobe trade later in the year:)

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Maybe

I THINK WE NEED TO TRADE AWAY SOME OF OUR GARBAGE NOW AND THE KINGS HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE IT CAUSE THEY WILL GET NOTHING ONCE HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES. I RATHER GET HIM THIS YEAR SO THE TEAM WILL HAVE THE WHOLE SEASON TO MESH SO THAT NEXT YEAR WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE. I THINK IF WE WAIT WE WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO PAY ARTEST MORE THEN IF WE WORK ON A SIGN AND TRADE NOW

:agreed:

metrocard

Legend
I THINK WE NEED TO TRADE AWAY SOME OF OUR GARBAGE NOW AND THE KINGS HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE IT CAUSE THEY WILL GET NOTHING ONCE HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES. I RATHER GET HIM THIS YEAR SO THE TEAM WILL HAVE THE WHOLE SEASON TO MESH SO THAT NEXT YEAR WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE. I THINK IF WE WAIT WE WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO PAY ARTEST MORE THEN IF WE WORK ON A SIGN AND TRADE NOW

:agreed:

519.png

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Sorry Mr Metro

If thats all you had to say about my idea ur a waist of space. so what the cap lock was on. does it really bother you that much. Your a mess but since you are a New York fan and actually lately Metro you have been supporting this team, ill take it off just for you. I hope i get a thank you post too lol.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
Yes J.James is and always was a bum, but he is still on the roster for the same reason we picked him up...Size. At the time if I can remember correctly there wasn't a whole lot to choose from for frontcourt help, besides our serious money predicamint. Maby Zeke is just a scout but the team responded to his coaching style(however missleading it is) a lot better than they responded to L.Brown. As for chi,orl,tor and phx they might have ended up with some cap space but what players are left on their respected teams? Chi got Sweetney and T.Thomas neither there and T.Thomas the better of the two never even played. Phx we got Q for K.Thomas not to bad seeing as K.Thomas was hurt most of his time there. Orl. is the only ones who got the better of the deal and only money wise can you really argue that T.Ariza is a better player than S.Francis? I'm not sure what your talking about with referance to Tor. I remember somebody drafting C.Bosh and T.Mac while they were there.

To be honest there was NO reason at all to sign Jerome James if you did not have a Plan for him. Grabbing the last piece of candy and not knowing what flavor it is can be detrimental.

I agree completly, I was just trying to make an excuse for one of the two moves Isiah has made so far that I thaught were not so smart. J.James one S.francis the other.