Knicks sign four

NYKnicks15

Starter
Training camp is about to begin and Balkman will be out. Houston at this point not a part. but four other guards will take his place.

The Knicks officially have signed Demitris Nichols, Jared Jordan as well as two NBDL players Walker Russell Jr and Roderick Wilmont. Walker is actually a quality player and if given a chance (I believe) can shine. Wilmont is a very solid college player but both have very little chance of making the team.

With the growing number of guards on our roster.. i can only assume something has to be brewing.

our training camp roster stands at 20.

Centers- Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Randolph Morris

Forwards- Zach Randolph, David Lee, Malik Rose, Renaldo Balkman*, Jared Jeffries, Wilson Chandler

Guards- Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford, Demitris Nichols, Fred Jones
Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson, Dan Dickau*, Mardy Collins, Jared Jordan, Walker Russell Jr, Roderick Wilmont

*Injured
**expected to be waived prior to camp.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Way too many players. Can we cut James please? Literally! Forget about the youngins. They're off to Europe.

My opinion is this will be Roses last year as a Knick. If Curry steps up the way I expect him to and becomes a force on the court and in the locker room then Rose is dead weight. We've got too many guys sitting around on the bench. Rose and James need to go. May be there is a big trade brewing but I don't see it. Can some one tell me why we need Houston? Shouldn't we be trying to ship the guards out? Although a line up with Richardson at the 3 and Houston at the 2 would be sweet.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
At this point i think Houston is out the picture but i'm still tryn to figure out what Isiah is possibly thinking... who are these guys?!?.... this has got to b leading to some trade where we are gonna through a lot out for something big...i hope

we have so many guards now. it looks like a move will be made. since they're both seen as pass first point guards I'm hoping jared jordan would be mardy collin's replacement and not Nate's. mardy's big and has potential but i think Nate has the higher ceiling. moving him would be ill advised at this point in time. the only guys that should go are: malik rose, dikau, walker, wilmont, and jerome james. if these guys are cut loose the knicks really dont lose anything except maybe rose's leadership. malik rose's importance to the team is diminishing year to year as it is. or we could keep rose and send jordan to europe for a year. this knick roster is getting better and better.

Kiyaman

Legend
The last three seasons the Knicks Guards were 75% of the main reason why this team could not stay at the .500 mark (poor offense & defense plus getting teammates into the flow of each game).

So far it is a good thing to start off the Training Camp with so many Guards-Play intervention involved in each play. This will wake-up the Knicks main four guards this season in being prepared for the unexpected NBA oposition guards.

Word is that Curry came to camp reduced 5 pouds less, Zach came in a little over weight, and Crawford has been weight training for the first time in his career (which maybe bad for his peremeter shooting percentage, but good to muscle his way around picks). However ......

The main factor is who do Curry, Zach, and Crawford think they are fooling at the start of Training Camp if they did not improve on all their weak areas on the court this offseason to convince the team they are fully prepared this season?

All three players are the Knicks Starters this season and maybe the biggest three players on the Knick roster with the most FLAWS in their overall talent.

1) Did they practice consistently on how to get their oponents to commit an offensive foul? because every player that defends them seem to have went to acting school to make them commit an offensive-foul per game.

2) Did they practice consistently on getting back on defense to at least be able to stay in front of their oponents as a decent defender?

3) Standing at 6.11, 6.9, and 6.5, did they do their homework on how to grab a defensive-rebound or block-out oponents so their teammate can grab the rebound?

4) Did they practice on being a part of a trapping defense to pressure the ball from getting up court?

5) The number one BIG Problem will be Zach Randolph & Jamal Crawford GREED at shooting the ball on every touch when the Knicks are behind in points or ahead in points (the two main players that think scoring Stats first on this Knick roster). Will these two scoring players get their scoring act together in Training Camp to start playing Team-Ball on offense during the preseason games by making the right decision with the ball?

Trin_Starr

Starter
good times!

mediaday2-1.jpg

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
we have so many guards now. it looks like a move will be made. since they're both seen as pass first point guards I'm hoping jared jordan would be mardy collin's replacement and not Nate's. mardy's big and has potential but i think Nate has the higher ceiling. moving him would be ill advised at this point in time. the only guys that should go are: malik rose, dikau, walker, wilmont, and jerome james. if these guys are cut loose the knicks really dont lose anything except maybe rose's leadership. malik rose's importance to the team is diminishing year to year as it is. or we could keep rose and send jordan to europe for a year. this knick roster is getting better and better.

I have to disagree. I think Mardy has the higher ceiling. He played awesome toward the end of the season. People were comparing him to Walt Frazier. The thing that impressed me the most about him was his defense and he's a big pass first point guard. He already has better court awareness than Nate and maybe even Steph. I think if he develops a jumpshot, he's set to be a pretty good player.

metrocard

Legend
Ny times reports that for the first time since 2001, Curry is in the best shape of his life. He's dropped 20lbs.

JC has added 15lbs to his frame. - says it will help on D, to fight thru screens and on his way to the basket.

media day pics
http://www.msg.com/photogallery.jsp?galleryID=89

I'm excited about Crawford adding 15 pounds of muscle to his frame, if he utilizes it to the best of ability on both sides of the court...wow, we would be set at SG.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have to disagree. I think Mardy has the higher ceiling. He played awesome toward the end of the season. People were comparing him to Walt Frazier. The thing that impressed me the most about him was his defense and he's a big pass first point guard. He already has better court awareness than Nate and maybe even Steph. I think if he develops a jumpshot, he's set to be a pretty good player.

The only thing that bothers me about Mardy Collins performance at the end of the season was it did not show his great ability at the PG untill the day that Marbury was put on the IL and taken out of the lineup (Collins showed great leadership at the point on both ends of the court without Marbury & Crawford in the lineup.).

Will Mardy Collins be able to play the same way (Leader) as last season with Marbury or Crawford on the court with him making the major decisions of every play? or will he become another imature statistic like Nate when he dont do what Marbury or Crawford want him to do?

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I'm excited about Crawford adding 15 pounds of muscle to his frame, if he utilizes it to the best of ability on both sides of the court...wow, we would be set at SG.

I agree. If Crawford can hold his own on the defensive end, the Knicks are a vastly better team....

jzero29

Rotation player
Word is that Curry came to camp reduced 5 pouds less, Zach came in a little over weight, and Crawford has been weight training for the first time in his career (which maybe bad for his peremeter shooting percentage, but good to muscle his way around picks). However ...... ?

Ny times reports that for the first time since 2001, Curry is in the best shape of his life. He's dropped 20lbs.

JC has added 15lbs to his frame. - says it will help on D, to fight thru screens and on his way to the basket.

media day pics
http://www.msg.com/photogallery.jsp?galleryID=89
Curry in shape is good, jamaal bulking up is good, I don't see how it can effect his already poor fg% and 3pt fg%. But maybe it'll make him a better defender and a better finisher(not that he previously had problems finishing).Can't wait to see the final team, to many contracts right now. Also hope they're working on team d.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
The last three seasons the Knicks Guards were 75% of the main reason why this team could not stay at the .500 mark (poor offense & defense plus getting teammates into the flow of each game).

So far it is a good thing to start off the Training Camp with so many Guards-Play intervention involved in each play. This will wake-up the Knicks main four guards this season in being prepared for the unexpected NBA oposition guards.

Word is that Curry came to camp reduced 5 pouds less, Zach came in a little over weight, and Crawford has been weight training for the first time in his career (which maybe bad for his peremeter shooting percentage, but good to muscle his way around picks). However ......

The main factor is who do Curry, Zach, and Crawford think they are fooling at the start of Training Camp if they did not improve on all their weak areas on the court this offseason to convince the team they are fully prepared this season?

All three players are the Knicks Starters this season and maybe the biggest three players on the Knick roster with the most FLAWS in their overall talent.

1) Did they practice consistently on how to get their oponents to commit an offensive foul? because every player that defends them seem to have went to acting school to make them commit an offensive-foul per game.

You dont practice draw a foul...so basically you want two of the biggest men on the team and in the league to flop? do you really believe that curry flopping would look fake at all? IMO alot of the stupid fouls against zach could have been because of the whole ref cheating scandles. Just my opinion. And anyway, its not like all of currys foulds were just him buldozing, he has a problem with using his elbows.

2) Did they practice consistently on getting back on defense to at least be able to stay in front of their oponents as a decent defender?

Once again, you cant "practice" to get back on defense, it all has to do with how conditioned you are and how well you can get back and forth between baskets.

3) Standing at 6.11, 6.9, and 6.5, did they do their homework on how to grab a defensive-rebound or block-out oponents so their teammate can grab the rebound?

Um...Zach averaged over 10 bounds a game last year and crawford plays the 2 and 1..and for his size crawford is a pretty decent rebounder, once again i dont understand where your coming from

4) Did they practice on being a part of a trapping defense to pressure the ball from getting up court?

You want zach and curry to put full court pressure on the other team? i dont understand what yo are talking about here. They would get burned

5) The number one BIG Problem will be Zach Randolph & Jamal Crawford GREED at shooting the ball on every touch when the Knicks are behind in points or ahead in points (the two main players that think scoring Stats first on this Knick roster). Will these two scoring players get their scoring act together in Training Camp to start playing Team-Ball on offense during the preseason games by making the right decision with the ball?

I wouldnt call crawford a greedy player, he takes his shots, although some may not be the most intelegent of shots, hes in no way of a ballhog. you call zach a ballhog, but who else on his team could score? he was there number 1 option.

I dont understand ANY of your points and they just do not make sense to me, just looks like your trying to find ways to bash these players

yes they may not be the best defensive players, but your acting like they arn't working hard.

Curry lost 20 lbs in weight and crawford gained 15 lbs. Also Curry and crawford also played in games over the summe and have been working

btw, the sentences in bold were my responses in the quote, i just dont understand the point you are trying to make

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Thank you KNICKSFAN20

Dont waist your time with these fools regardless what improvments these guys make to become better players its never enough for some. Loosing 20 pounds is hard gaining 15 pounds in your waist is crazy i never even heard of that so you have to give it up to crawford he must have done a million crunches. People like that i wish were negative fans for other teams cause they try so hard to put there team down instead of building up the team we have. And this year these guys are doing there thing except for one or two players who will either be cut or traded

:agreed: