Vranes waived

SpreeFan

Benchwarmer
New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced Wednesday that forward Michael Sweetney has been activated from the Injured List and forward Clarence Weatherspoon has been placed on the Injured List with left Achilles tendinitis.

Sweetney, 6-8, 275-pounds, has been activated from the Injured List after missing the last 12 games with left patella tendinitis. In nine games played this season, the NBA rookie has been averaging 1.3 points and 4.7 minutes.

Weatherspoon, 6-7, 270-pounds, was placed on the Injured List with left Achilles tendinitis. In 15 games played this season, the 11-year NBA veteran is averaging 3.6 points and 3.3 rebounds.

Thomas also announced that center Slavko Vranes has been waived.

Vranes, 7-5, 275-pounds, was placed on the Injured List on Oct. 27 and had missed the team's first 29 games.

The active roster remains at 12, with two in the Injured List.

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_n...icks&sports=basketball&team=Knicks&league=nba

SpreeFan

Benchwarmer
i'll give thomas a C for waiving vranes and an A for activating sweetney and placing spoon on the injury list

rady

Administrator
Staff member
activating sweetney is definitely a good move by thomas, i love the ideea and hopefully, lampe will also be activated soon. waiving vranes.. i don't know yet. he didn't show much but i think we could have turned him into a good center
but for now i trust isiah

necrom33

Rookie
Vranes

Man, I saw enuff of this guy in the preseason to be EXTREMELY happy to see Isiah waive him. Calling him a project has got to be the ultimate con game. Good riddance.

Sweetney's activation also gets me pumped. Honestly, I haven't seen a lot of things I've liked from the guy, but people tell me he CAN be a good player. What pleases me about the move is that maybe he'll get some minutes so we can KNOW.

Isiah's first 'official' moves get high scores from me. His real first move (unofficially) was getting fwill into the starting lineup. NO WAY does that come from Non Chaney.

Bottom line, whether you like the moves or not, is that you see some movement from the Knicks. ANY movement is good for a team that LayDUMB had stuck in the mud.

necrom33

Rookie
Lampe

rady said:
hopefully, lampe will also be activated soon.

I read online somewhere that Isiah had questioned Lampe's work ethic, although I can't find anything else about it. The article said that Lampe didn't mind because at least he's not being ignored by Isiah. Gotta luv that.

Has anyone read anything about this?