KNICKS vs. Maccabi Elite

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Hey Everyone This Is My First Post On The Forum And I Am Very Excited About This Upcomming Season. The Knicks Did A Great Job Against The Jewish Allstars Even Tho They Started Off A Lil Slow. I Liked What I Saw In The Preformances Of The Players. The One That Surprised Me The Most Was Nate. I Was Curious To See If His Summer League Play Would Fad Out But It Seems That Nate Is Finally Matureingg As A Guard. I Would Have Liked To See Demetris Play Alil Bit More Than He Did,but Im Not Mad At Isiah For It. I Have Heard That Demetris Hasnt Been Doin Soo Good In The Practices And Hes Been Getting Burned Defenceively So I Guess He Has To Start Doing Better If He Wants More Playing Time

Welcome newbie. I only know what I read about Nichols. Knicks fans tend to be odd creatures. They love Nichols but hated the Balkman acquisition. Go figure. For that reason I take very little stock in players that I have yet to see in action with the exception of Jordan. But then again I saw Jordan play and liked what I saw. May be a year overseas will help his game but the NBA will REALLY help his game.

Houston doesn't fit. It's a great PR move to bring him in but someone's got to be cut that shouldn't be. Only in a perfect world will J.J. be cut but in reality he's way over paid and he most likely wont be released.
All that shit being said, Thomas needs to clear the roster for Houston for if nothing more that to secure his job. Dolan has a hard on for Houston and making room for him would insure Thomas' place as coach for years to come. That will really piss the haters off. All the sexual harassment stuff will take a backseat if Thomas coaches the Knicks to the playoffs and brining in Houston for PR.

nykway24

Rookie
Welcome newbie. I only know what I read about Nichols. Knicks fans tend to be odd creatures. They love Nichols but hated the Balkman acquisition. Go figure. For that reason I take very little stock in players that I have yet to see in action with the exception of Jordan. But then again I saw Jordan play and liked what I saw. May be a year overseas will help his game but the NBA will REALLY help his game.

Houston doesn't fit. It's a great PR move to bring him in but someone's got to be cut that shouldn't be. Only in a perfect world will J.J. be cut but in reality he's way over paid and he most likely wont be released.
All that shit being said, Thomas needs to clear the roster for Houston for if nothing more that to secure his job. Dolan has a hard on for Houston and making room for him would insure Thomas' place as coach for years to come. That will really piss the haters off. All the sexual harassment stuff will take a backseat if Thomas coaches the Knicks to the playoffs and brining in Houston for PR.

Yeah I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT ITS GONNA BE ZEKE'S DECISION IF ALLAN MAKES THE TEAM OR NOT. THATS GOING TO BE JAMES DOLAN. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT IF ALLAN REALLY IS PLAYING LIKE THE HOUSTON WE KNOW. IF HE CAN GET UP AND DOWN THE COURT AND PLAY AT LEAST DECENT DEFENCE. THE THING THAT MAKES ME UNSURE ABOUT KEEPING HIM IS THE FACT THAT WERE GONNA HAVE TO CUT SOMEBODY. I REALLY LIKE FRED JONES' PLAY. HE GREAT DEFENCEIVELY AND HE CAN HIT OPEN JUMPERS WHICH IS ALL WE REALLY NEED OUT OF OUR GAURDS THIS SEASON. WHAT DO U GUYS THINK ABOUT IT

Toons

is the Bo$$
crawford said houstins jumper hasnt lost anything....in warmups he shot 94 jumpers out of 100....i know nichols is nice, but not that nice.....i was againt the h20 thing, but now, im just trusting that zeke knows what he's doin.

Kiyaman

Legend
Allan Houston peremeter shooting on the Nets would beat the Knicks every game this season even if the Nets only let Houston play 6 minutes in the 4th quarter. The Knicks got the worst peremeter defense in the NBA once Isiah became the G.M.. This is why Dolan experts offered Houston a guaranteed contract to participate in Training Camp.

It is obvious that 6.2 SG-Fred Jones is in his Last Chance Season, and will put up the best numbers this season in his career stat-sheet, and we should take advantage of it.
However, at the cost of losing a young raw talented Demetris Nicholes whom may bring the Knicks the best small lineup in the NBA future with PG-Nate, SG-Nicholes, SF-Chandler, PF-Balkman, and C-Lee.
Sorry, No way! Fred Jones could stay if Dolan let Isiah cut Jerome James.
Nicholes is a future Keeper to go along with Chandler for the double 6.8 weapon from the pertemeter.

Truth be said, 6.8 Demetris Nichols is the number one player inwhich this Knick Team needs the most out of all the new players that were added this offseason to the team. When Crawford went down last season the Knicks did not have another SG that could of accomendate the SG position with little 5.9 Nate Robinson (whom is a running streaky shooting PG). So the season playoffs were lost as soon as Crawford got injured and the Knicks did not have any scoring from the SG position besides Nate Robinson. If Isiah Thomas thinks that Fred Jones is going to be able to score on NBA players in the regular season then Isiah is a loser at the start of the season.

Demetris Nicholes is a 6.8 BIG-SG that will get plenty oportunities to exploit and score on oponents smaller SG from 15 to 20 feet from the basket this season (and plenty seasons to come). If the Knicks dont think that the NETS, Cavs, Hawks, and Miami wont pick Nicholes up after they cut him then Isiah is a fool for not looking at the weakness of his competition bench.

Sports writers has been giving the Knicks the deepest depth chart in the NBA for reasons of having a bench of PF-Lee, SF-Balkman, Combo Guard-Nate, PG-Collins, and the two outstanding 6.8 Rookies that showed great RAW talent in the SLG.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
werent 4 of nate's 5 rebounds offensive? thats really impressive. also, it might have been on realgm, but isiah said coyly that because he drafted fred jones and likes him, its unlikely hed cut him to make room for houston. with allan obviously, you know he still has the scoring touch but what else does he bring? if he makes the team i dont see him starting and i think hes ok with that, because he knows he cant play d and do much else at a high level anymore, and hopefully would be content with a leadership role and coming off the bench.

jzero29

Rotation player
Relax, they're suposed to blow out Tel Aviv

One before we get all the knicks look great and jones is the guy at SG, this all happend against, Tel Aviv. I'm not knocking this win, i'm just saying it is not an acurate measuring stick of the players skills during such a game. Boston vs knicks wedsnday, is a real test. When an NBA avg sg does well against a non-nba talent team, well thats to be expected. a 6'2" guy can go off a little, tel aviv doesn't have the size or talent of most nba teams, playing NBA rules, not international. So jones and the knicks, have the advantage.

Houston, is exactly what the KNicks need, a consistent sharp shooter. Fred jones is average at best, and put him against taller more skilled guys than Tel Aviv, you'll be singing a different tune.

Nichols on the other hand is valuable, but maybe not just yet. He's got potential, i think a year, overseas, could have been beneficial, because he's bound to be burried on bench with the NBA Knicks anyway. Without playing time, he won't get playing experience on a pro level.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Maybe

I dont think he will be buried that much as long as when he comes out and produces the time will grow. I just hope he understands the role he will have to play.

:gony:

Maby Nicholes wouldn't get any game time but I much rather have him sitting there on the bench then that fatass burger king James, If A.Houston makes the team could we lose M.Rose as the locker room leader? I like M.Rose and all but do we really need him? We could use the roster space for the new young kids.(Nicholes and Jordan)