The all new KnicksOnline.com

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^yea we should thats actually a good idea...we keep speculating in a thread till the site is unveiled this will be the best looking fan forum,its already the best so it'll go hand in hand

rady

Administrator
Staff member
First of all i'd like to apologize for the promises I've made in the past year. I know everyone is waiting for the site but trust me, none as i. The deal with the firm that is handling the business was to finish the job till the late of November but the communication was not that good at BOTH ends (i do have my own fault here) and we kept on delaying everything. Besides that, the firm was also busy with our very own elections, and of course politics came with more money so they had priority.

However, i will say things are moving in the right direction. We've completed so far the design (wich btw ROCKS!!!), and the structure. Basically the team knows exactly what it needs to be done and they're on it.

I'll keep you posted with more as soon as i am informed.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know an exact date, they said they want to get on the last lap as soon as 2008 ends.

It's great, but we need to focus on this site being GREATER THAN ultimateknicks. I think we can do it, and I feel that allowing users to have signiatures will go a long way.

Who can do a cool sig for me?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
go to the sigs thread by akamu and post there.....just make sure u read the first page for the requirements....i think theres a 50 post minimum

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for keeping you guys so much to wait for something new, but i didn't wanted to say the same things again (we've made progress, we still have to work on it, etc) and waited for something concrete instead.
Well, the website is finally finished. That means that it is operational, the programming part was done, the functions are working well and the design has been implemented. Everything looks reeeeaaaaally nice and smooth :).
What is still missing is the actual content. So i will need 2-3 people to help me out with this. We need to bring the roster up to date, the salaries, the news, etc. Whoever is interested.. an email or a pm would be just fine. I'll get back to you as soon as i get some final things done.

jpz17

Starter
GREAT!!! Any change in the forum's skin? Like some slight changes? :D
I guess that's a little much to ask but seriously guys no one is excited!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im guessing the whole site got a makeover, new layout everything, but rady depending on what you'd need me for i'd do it. cause theres something i may be able to do other things not so much.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have anything for the forum yet, all the work has been put into the website.
So far the following volunteers have applied:
jpz17
GoKnIcKsDLEE42

@DaTPRiNCE
What i need is not complicated at all. Using the CMS you will only need to add stuff like (eg: for roster update) first name, last name, position, dob, college, salary info. All the info you need to enter can be found online so all you need to do is fill some fields with text. Same thing goes for the news.

jpz17

Starter
could we get some new news on this?? oh by the way, my Yankee site is nearly finished. I got a pro working on it, its SICK

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This Tuesday or Wednesday we're gonna start importing the content from the old site to the new cms. If everything goes well, we're preparing to set the launch on the official draft day..

Just wanted to let you know where we are :)