Boston & Nets vs Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
Two embarrasing Loses for the Knicks!

Both Celtics & Nets came out to WIN this Preseason game at the Tip-off.

If the Knicks Head Coach was not aware of this by the first quarter of each game then why did'nt he give some decent playingtime (20 minutes or more) to just the new Knick players C-Morris, PF-Zach, SF-Chandler, SG-Nicholes, SG-Jones, SG-Houston, PG-Jordan?

The Boston Celtics 101-61 Win over the Knicks with their BIG-3 dominating the game for a 40 point WIN showed the Knicks coaching and players are still not ready for NBA competition.

The N.J. Nets 110-94 whipping on the Knicks from just their BIG-2 controlling the game for a 16 point WIN without PG-Kidd & SF-Nachbar showed the Nets would have beat the Knicks by 25 or more points.

What is the Knicks Problem?

We could start with the Head Coach offensive-plan and defensive-plan vs oponents. There is none.

C-Curry and PF-Zach did nothing together in the GYM this offseason so there is NO-Way they belong on the court together after their two games of poor performances in the Preseason games. They both have decent frontcourt offense but poor defense so untill SF-Renaldo Balkman returns to be their SF, Curry & Zach should become Backups for each other. It is bad when Curry defensive effort is much better than Zach's.

The Knicks defensive Players 6.11 Jefferies & 6.2 Fred Jones do not co-exist together on defense however, the two players showed great defensive effort together when 6.7 Leader Malik Rose was on the court directing them.
They are not play well in a halfcourt offense, their scoring only comes in an uptempo running game.

The Knicks Starters PG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, and SF-Q.Richardson are too slow on offense, and are like 90 year old men on defense. These three players do not co-exist on either end of the court well together. They need different Knick-teammates on the court with them, because their assist level together is way to low for this Knick team to have success on offense this season.

It will suprise alot of Knick-Fans that the best Knick Lineup that have chemistry on both ends of the court from working on co-existing together this offseason in alot of Scrimage games will be:

C-Morris, PF-Lee, SF-Balkman, SF-Chandler, SG-Nicholes, PG-Collins, and PG-Nate.
This young Seven-Man lineup will put all of Isiah Thomas PET-Players to shame...

<!-- / message -->

knicklover

Benchwarmer
It's obviously WAAAAY to soon to panic and start declaring that certain players can't play with each other, but there is also obviously a chemistry problem at this point. It's not very surprising than Curry and Randolph are struggling at this point. They don't have any time on the court together. We need to be a little patient there. However, the lack of chemistry from some of the Knick regulars is a little disappointing. There is rally no excuse for that other than coaching.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think Craw$hit needs to be flushed down the toilet.
That f#ckin' guy can't defend anyone....he always got beat, zach would be forced to try and cover for him and then his man would get the easy pick n' pop.

And what the hell is up with Isiah - all this shit about how if u don't play D, you will be replaced by someone who does???? - yea ok - JC was in there for madd long even with all the dumb shit he was doing.
stupid turnovers, no D, going under screens, jacking up shots in traffic....

but on another note - i was pleased with Jefferies' 6/6 from the FT line - u know that's from all the practice over the summer, cause last season he was like ~ 50% FT shooter
And Chandler looks real promising. Made some rookie mistakes, but he's got a nice J and great hops, especially when he picked the RJ lob pass right out of the air :)

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

The Knicks Starters PG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, and SF-Q.Richardson are too slow on offense, and are like 90 year old men on defense. These three players do not co-exist on either end of the court well together. They need different Knick-teammates on the court with them, because their assist level together is way to low for this Knick team to have success on offense this season.

<!-- / message -->

man please, u only got to see marbury play once in da training camp and that was agaist that overseas team(unless u live in boston or have NBA league pass u didnt see the boson game), and crawford is slow on offense?? what are u watching??and Q rich was knocking down 3's yesterday, dats whats needed from him wit curry and zach on da court, u need to ease up a bit, its preseason

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Craw$hit needs to be flushed down the toilet.
That f#ckin' guy can't defend anyone....he always got beat, zach would be forced to try and cover for him and then his man would get the easy pick n' pop.

And what the hell is up with Isiah - all this shit about how if u don't play D, you will be replaced by someone who does???? - yea ok - JC was in there for madd long even with all the dumb shit he was doing.
stupid turnovers, no D, going under screens, jacking up shots in traffic....

but on another note - i was pleased with Jefferies' 6/6 from the FT line - u know that's from all the practice over the summer, cause last season he was like ~ 50% FT shooter
And Chandler looks real promising. Made some rookie mistakes, but he's got a nice J and great hops, especially when he picked the RJ lob pass right out of the air :)

I agree with every thing you said. Crawfords defense is shit so he should be flushed down a toilet. He has the speed, athletic abiltiy, and the strenght now. For some reason, he still cant keep his man in front of him. Chandler looks real good, he reminds be of Balkmen but with less hustle. Balkmen and Lee always look very hungry every time they step onto the court and the way they hustle is greatly appreciated by me. I love seein them play, especially Balkmen. I must say Sean Williams looked good, hes got hops. New jersey is gonna be tough.

I watched both games (tel-aviv and N.J.) I think J.Jeffries is much improved and is playing great team ball, I also think that there is better chemistry without Marbury on the floor(great scoring PG and much better D though). Crawford is a SG not a PG(even with his and Curry's sick chemistry for the lob) Nate dosen't get the consept of being a pass first PG he's a shoot first type of guard and always will be. Chandler looks like he going to be good, Lee looks like Lee, Zack Randolf shoots and rebounds well just has to pick it up defencivly, Jones will be good enough to give our guards a rest, Q is a little slow but still a good defender and its nice to see his shot falling again, Curry is still a beast on offence and a working progress on defence. I would like to see more of M.Collins and D.Nicholes on the court. I would like to see a starting five of Curry,Randolf,Jeffries,Q,Collins with Lee,Balkman and Crawford the main men off the bench I think the chemistry would be much better then what we have seen. Yes I know I left Marbury out of the rotation. I don't dislike the guy I just don't think he fits in well with this bunch of players. I hope these games are just pre-season bull and this kind of play and lack of coaching will not carry over into the regular season.

I would like to see these players on the team :
Curry/Morris
Randolf/Lee
Jeffries/Balkman/Chandler
Q/Crawford/Jones/Nichols
Collins/Marbury/Jordan
Whats left over (J.James, M.Rose, and Nate) could be cut ,released or packeged in a deal with draft picks for a young DEFENCIVE minded PF/C. (S.Willams,P.Millsap,D.Howard,E.Oakefor,L.Aldridge you know the type)

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
yeah

we need to make some kind of a change cause this isnt working for us. Yeah the coaching isnt good at all. I stated this before Isiah dosnt plan for each team like a coach should so we look out of place each tiime. i disapointed and highly upset yeah its pre season but i dont think Isiah is a good enough coach to make the proper changes for us to win he kept Zach in when he was stinking up the floor agains boston and i dont know what type of d he plays. i was really disapointed when he kept crawford in even after he said he will take out the guards if they not playing good enough D. Bull shit crawford played none.

:barf:

kiyaman, youre posts are always very amusing. you definitely have a lot of passion in cheering for the knicks and i respect that.

i agree the knicks have looked pretty pathetic in their last couple losses. i was able to catch most of the game last night, and it was pretty embarrassing, especially on offense. it is understood that the knicks are pretty sorry on defense, and i didnt expect much on that end considering it is preseason and three of their best defenders (marbury, balkman, and collins) were unavailable.

HOWEVER, the knicks offense was painfulllllllllllll to watch. did you guys watch the game? there was absolutely no movement which makes me wonder if the knicks have any type of set offense, or do they simply just try to set curry up on the post and hope something good happens. randolph was terrible alongside curry, and all i saw him do was shoot outside jumpers and try to post up a guy 18feet from the hoop.

in addition, there was hardly any movement in the half court sets. no guys trying to set picks for eachother or make cuts towards the basket.

some positives seemed to be that nate is a little more comfortable playing a traditional pg role and he was the only knick who was able to penetrate and dish. crawford looked smooth from outside, but settles for the jumpers way too often. i liked seeing lee shoot some jumpers, trying to keep the D honest on him, but he obviously needs to build some more confidence with the shot. chandler flashed signs of being a legit player off the bench. his handle, size, and shooting ability definitely present a large upside.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY COLLINS WAS NOT IN THE GAME? SAYS COACHES DECISION, BUT HE MUSTVE BEEN OUT WITH SOMETHING...

All in all, it was a pretty poor showing, but im hoping it was simply lack of effort due to it being a preseason game. This team has the talent, but they need a fire under their ass'

metrocard

Legend
Curry and Randolph as primary scoring options = no ball movement.

I've been saying this since the summer guys.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
The Nets are interested in Z Bo. I dont know but I really wouldn't mind to get a vet Richard Jefferson, and a 1st round pick. Thats what the Nets offered Portland at draft night.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Curry and Randolph as primary scoring options = no ball movement.

I've been saying this since the summer guys.
Pardon me pendejo,but the fact is I watched the game and saw that when the entry pass to Curry or Zach was made not 1 of the perimeter players slid over to their side of the court to provide the the post player with an outside shooting option.Where is the ball gonna go then when everybody is on the other side of the court? Pass it thru traffic?? I think our perimeter players are causing more of our overall problems not seeming to know how to play their positions on either side of the ball .

Kiyaman

Legend
Last Season I was all over Isiah Thomas Poor-Poor coaching style.
It has not changed. Isiah dont have a coaching Plan on offense or defense.
Isiah Thomas style of coaching is the worst thing that could happen for any young drafted player. 85% of the Knicks offense is still Halfcourt-Offense inwhich has given this team a low FG% and a high rate in Turnovers.

Let's not forgot that Marbury & Crawford been on this Knick Team for 3 seasons averaging 30 MPG. When is their backcourt chemistry going to arrive?
We also may not forgot that Curry, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Mabury all average 30 MPG on this Knick Team the last 2 seasons. Where is their chemistry together in being the leader on this team?
They are individual talent that still play "ONE on ONE" Ball in these Preseason games. And are still getting Killed at it the sameway they did the last 2 seasons.

After a 40 point LOST you take it out on the next team by WINNING...

I don't think that we really need another SF/SG in R.Jefferson and a probable late first round pick. Z Bo's gotta be worth more then that? If were going to send him packing send him to Denver for Camby, or hell send him to Chicago for Big Ben, theyv'e been looking for an inside presance on offence for the last few years, how about Sheed in Detroit, send him to anybody that will take him and give us some tough down low D. Gotta say I do like Zack's rebounding, but his D is non-existant.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
What are you talking about? Original -G-.. both of those guys are 33 years old. They got like 2 more years on them that definately won't help us. It might for the 2 years that one of them are there, but really I would just send Z Bo or Eddy Curry out I would want Z Bo out more. Maybe we should do what Portland did last year just start brand new, and our cap would be cleared so we would have a young squad, and a opportunity to sign anybody that we would want in the future. Its like I said before a Steve Francis and Marbury combo that won't work, lets HOPE I am wrong!

Kiyaman

Legend
With SF-Balkman out that makes Rookie Chandler the best Athletic SF on this Knick team that could add something successful on both ends of the court.

Chandler is Hungry!

If President/Coach Isiah Thomas has not witness in the last two preseason games that both Curry & Zach add a BIG weakness to this team on the defensive end of the court, and that it will take a long time before both should be put on the court together, plus both should be sitting on the bench together alot at the start of the first 25 regular season games or at least untill Renaldo Balkman is healthy to play alongside of them with Lee or Chandler.
If Isiah dont recognize this now then he has to be one of the dummest coaches in the NBA.

New Team same results:

Four Preseason games played, the first two games you could see the problems inwhich this Knick-Team had to adjust to before the regular season (The slow players in the starting lineup that has problems adjusting to differ oponents).

The last two Preseason games which included Center Eddy Curry in the lineup and rotation it showed "New Team with same poor result".

It is bad enough this Knick Team showed a slow start at the start of every game with Marbury & Crawford with PF-Kurt Thomas. Now they have PF-Zach Randoph same results as K-Thomas.
But when adding Curry to the rotation the entire 48 minutes is way to slow to compete on both ends of the court.

These four players are Halfcourt Offensive players that have a high career of turnover in a halfcourt-offense, and absolutely the worst of players on any kind of DEFENSE, especially when you include "Poor Excuse" Q.Richardson (The Head Coach gets all the BLAME for this and any lost. It is the Head Coach job to provide peremeter defense.)...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
So let me get this straight...hmmm....you want...to put Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph...our top 2 scorers on the team...number 1 and 2 options on offense on the bench...until Balkman comes back? And you're saying if Isiah doesn't do this he's one of the dumbest coaches in the league? WOW. That was truly a dumb post. It is your opinion of course but still...we have too much respect for this forum to allow dumb posts like this. Come on step it up! And this is the preseason. Don't fall into the Ls in the preseason. Some things did trouble me but the scoreboard tells lies. Just say we got the L...don't look at the scoreboard because at the end of the day the score wouldn't be like that if we played our best their regular minutes....

They both might be 33 but they would still help down low on defence hell I'd even like to have A.Mourning or D.Mutumbo at least we would have a defencive pressance in the paint. Even if they are closer to seinior-citazinship then most NBA players these days any of them would be a help to us now. In two years the'll be gone and hopefully Isiah is a scout for the Knicks by then(or any thing in an office) and has replaced them with another stud via draft or maby even by then we could sign a free agency player if we have lost enough of our big contracts.

nykway24

Rookie
lol at ya giving up after 2 preseason games

likee really guys its the preseason clam down. u guys are like sharks attacking at every lil thing lets give the knicks sometime. this is why there is the preseason to work out the kinks. and u act like we lost every game were 2-2 thats .500 thats something i wished we could have come close to last yr. im sure the knicks are gonna get there act together lets jus see at the game against boston at the garden.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player

It will suprise alot of Knick-Fans that the best Knick Lineup that have chemistry on both ends of the court from working on co-existing together this offseason in alot of Scrimage games will be:

C-Morris, PF-Lee, SF-Balkman, SF-Chandler, SG-Nicholes, PG-Collins, and PG-Nate.
This young Seven-Man lineup will put all of Isiah Thomas PET-Players to shame...

<!-- / message -->

i actually agree that they will have the best chemistry but the reality is morris isnt ready to start and has nowhere near the scoring of randolph or curry. i think that for this team to be successful were gonna have to blend these tweo units and integrate some chemistry, at least with 2-3 players on the court at a time. right now its either all chemistry off the bench or none starting, so i think a blend of like 2 units but that can still be interchanged is critical. any lineup with 2-3 bench players will have energy and hustle and defense, which hopefully can cover or negate the bad defensive effort from the other guys.