Ron Artest

Have we lost all hope in acquiring him. I still want him a Knick, but it seems as if this once hot rumor has fizzled out. Or maybe we get him at some point during the season? What do ya'll think?

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
hey ITadvocate , Ummm i think the rumrs have fizzeled down because we didnt want to tarde away valuble players besides the emergences of our man jeffries and hoping balkman has gotten even better has made artest a getting him a second option...

This works on NBA trade Machine.
Sacramento Kings

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3407.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jamal Crawford
Salary: $7,920,000 Years Remaining: 4

</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3514.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Eddy Curry
Salary: $8,947,543 Years Remaining: 3

3612.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Fred Jones
Salary: $3,300,000 Years Remaining: 1

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Brad Miller, Ron Artest
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3305.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Brad Miller
Salary: $10,500,000 Years Remaining: 3

3339.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Ron Artest
Salary: $7,400,000 Years Remaining: 2

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Fred Jones

I think the Kings would have to consider it. The Kings can say they stand by Artest but it wasnt so long ago that they were looking for new destinations for him and if your gonna give him away you might as well give him away for what we think is a franchise Center in Curry. From thier perspective even if he's no franchise player( which he's not), he's still a dominant force and any team can use that even if hes a fourth option,for what he can do he's pretty cheap. Miller is part of the old group of guys there and may not fit in with where this team is going. Crawford is still pretty young and can be pretty exciting in a city with less expectations of our players. He and Martin can make for a very fast and very fun backcourt. And finally Jones is expiring which helps in the movement to stay under cap and get young.

The knicks should definatley consider it considering given the fact that they'd instantly have the best defender on thier whole roster that makes Q look like Crawford and thats not to even dis Q. We'd go from being horrible to pretty good by adding one player and Miller isnt the best defender but he's still better than Curry and he rebounds even while losing athleticism. Miller is a way better passer which is something that I'd imagine being important on a team that once wanted to be the called suns of the east.

Now I know you'd say, why trade our franchise player for a trouble maker and a Center past his prime but this trade improves all of our weaknesses. And Curry's not good or smart enough to be a franchise player. Ron Artest might be a little crazy but wouldnt you say he has good on the court IQ? Wouldnt Brad Miller? we need smarter players on this team not just guys with unlived potential. If you need potential at least go for someone not trying to waste your time like Randolph. He has his deficiencies but then again the things he's good at, and he has more of them than Curry, are far more developed than Curry and Randolphs not even reached his prime yet. I'm not saying he's perfect but at least he scores like a monster and rebounds. We can put players around him to help him defend, like Artest, Q and Maurbury ( who's actually been defending)and like I said Miller is better than Curry. I sure Curry will come in here and bust on the knicks when we play them but I also bet we win everytime.

Much rather trade Curry,Crawford and Jones for Kobe! and you know the Buss's,Phill and Kobe all want to end their "marrage". Artest will be avalable this summer if we want him but why will we when we will have Q,Jeffries,Balkman and Chandler at the SF allready. I just don't see what he brings that we don't allready have(besides drama).

Much rather trade Curry,Crawford and Jones for Kobe! and you know the Buss's,Phill and Kobe all want to end their "marrage". Artest will be avalable this summer if we want him but why will we when we will have Q,Jeffries,Balkman and Chandler at the SF allready. I just don't see what he brings that we don't allready have(besides drama).

I like Kobe also but lets get realistic here, and Kobe doesnt even want to be here anymore. By trading for Artest you get
1-Drama- I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say there will be Drama, not there might, not there may, there will be even if he doesnt bring it. The NY media before he even steps foot will do an entire thing on his troubled career and how bad he is, ESPN will have it and it'll all be larger the real life.
2-Instantaneously the best defender on the team, how many players can you say that for. Thats means whoever was your best is now second and so fourth. Imagine in one day taking that huge a step toward fixing your most glaring weakness
3-A person who isnt scared to fail, succeed or do anything for that matter in NY, he'd actually revel in it and I'm sure he'd want to make us proud. He's gonna be that player that we love and other teams hate, the guy who I'm sure wont say something like this when we play the Nets " yeah well the Nets are a good team and we just wanna be where thier at right now" . I hate that, its like a built in excuse that the Nets are supposed to be a better team than us. Me, you, we can all say it, but I never wanna hear words like that from our players.

I can go on and on but everyone knows Artest talent, you p[air him with a guy like Randolph and we could be deep in the playoffs every year. Then we round out the Roster with Miller who's been a playoff mainstay as well and I think we improve exponentially on defense, our ball movement improves and we win more games. Its as simple as that.

Why I don't want Artest here. One he's more crazy than Steph, Two we have adaquit defence at the SF position with Q,Balkman and Jeffries(actully its our best defencive spot on the team allready) and three he isn't afraid to fail cause thats what he's used to. How does that make us better? Trading some of our players when we can just wait a year and get him virtualy for free? He's a head case and there isn't many teams in the leage that would even give this guy a shot at posably ruining their team except us so there won't be many contracts we will have to beat out to get him next year if we still want him by then.

metrocard

Legend
naz, I would love to trade Curry, but Brad Miller is also a bad defender, but a good passer...plus he has 3 years on that deal. SAC should atleast throw some draft picks at us. But its not a terrible trade, but not entirely in the Knicks favor.