David Stern Is Overreacting

KOWIE

Rookie
so you think theyve been good?

the knicks are the face of organizational mismanagement. ive been a knicks fan for 25 years, and the knicks today are a shell of what was a formerly great franchise. dolan is a dipshit, and zeke is a mediocre FO guy, and has a decent eye for talent. this whole sexual harrasment case has shamed the knicks and the garden even further than the teams record over the last few years.

i remember when knicks fans were proud....theres very little to be proud of when it comes to this team, on and off the court. our PG is a sexual deviant (as is our coach and GM). the knicks used to have a F you type attitude that the league reviled, and the fans loved...now the knicks have a F you attitude and it has me, a lifelong knicks fan reviled.

dolans stupisity, zekes disgusting behavior, and the teams lack of focus and winning is pathetic. this is supposed to be a big time franchise and for the last almost decade its been handled as though this isnt a flagship, but a tugboat. once in a while even david stern is right.

Trin_Starr

Starter
He might be right in what he said - but needs to take care of his own shit before talking crap about another organization.
If anyone is not a model of intelligent management is the HUGE gambling situation that Stern did not detect within his own organization.
He is a slimy bastard who is using and prolonging the knicks woes as a way of deviating the spotlight from his own screw ups.

I think Steph said it best in the NY Post today:
"People need to worry about themselves and snoop around their own porch and not to snoop around others. I think when people have an outlet to talk about somebody else, it makes them feel good and gives them something to do instead of working on themselves."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11012007/sports/knicks/marbury_aims_for_more_shots_492574.htm

KOWIE

Rookie
He might be right in what he said - but needs to take care of his own shit before talking crap about another organization.
If anyone is not a model of intelligent management is the HUGE gambling situation that Stern did not detect within his own organization.
He is a slimy bastard who is using and prolonging the knicks woes as a way of deviating the spotlight from his own screw ups.

I think Steph said it best in the NY Post today:
"People need to worry about themselves and snoop around their own porch and not to snoop around others. I think when people have an outlet to talk about somebody else, it makes them feel good and gives them something to do instead of working on themselves."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11012007/sports/knicks/marbury_aims_for_more_shots_492574.htm

i agree that david stern is the biggest douche running a sports league (not named gary bettman). hes pathetic with the way he has mangled the nba. but if youre asked a question and give an honest answer, reguardless of track record, its a true statement.

jzero29

Rotation player
i agree that david stern is the biggest douche running a sports league (not named gary bettman). hes pathetic with the way he has mangled the nba. but if youre asked a question and give an honest answer, reguardless of track record, its a true statement.
"Michael Jordan ruined my childhood" Thats great. Love it. I hate Jordan for crushing hte knicks every year in the playoffs.

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
Sounds Familiar! Wait!! Overreacting??!! WHAT?

First I need to whole heartedly agree that David Stern is a complete A Hole. He is as bad if not worse of a commissioner as James Dolan is, whatever the hell his daddy name him in charge of over the Knicks. However, it's completely impossible to overreact when stating that the Knicks FAILURES on the court are directly related to the inept management of the organization as Stern stated in response the the question I heard posed to him. I believe it was in the context of something along the lines of ... how do you feel about the Knicks owner supporting a loser like Isiah Thomas in light of being found GUILTY of sexual harassment, and don't it make the league look bad having a Dummy and an even bigger Dummy running an NBA team?

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
What up Kowie!?

... if youre asked a question and give an honest answer, reguardless of track record, its a true statement.

We need more intelligent people like you and me on this site ;-) who are capable of seeing through the Isiah Thomas fart fog and stating what the core underlying problems are regarding the Knicks FAILURE as team and then actually seeing Cablevision do what needs to be done to FIX them so real Knick fans can once again hold their heads up high! Unfortunately, that will never happen with James Dolan, Isiah Thomas and Cablevision being involved.

jzero29

Rotation player
THis is the season to find out

We need more intelligent people like you and me on this site ;-) who are capable of seeing through the Isiah Thomas fart fog and stating what the core underlying problems are regarding the Knicks FAILURE as team and then actually seeing Cablevision do what needs to be done to FIX them so real Knick fans can once again hold their heads up high! Unfortunately, that will never happen with James Dolan, Isiah Thomas and Cablevision being involved.
I was all about firing Isiah, I don't think he can coach, I don't think he can build a team. He brings talent, but not pieces that fit. But he did bring in zach randolph and drafted well so far, and that may end up working for the knicks. We'll have to see. I am willing to give him this season to make his pices fit. Maybe just to allstar break without judging this current team. After that, if it's the same old Isiahs Knicks, then it's open fire. Hopefuly ending in Isiah's firing.
James Dolan has his head up his own ass, and even when he does have the urge to take a peak at the real world, Isiahs ass is right there to block his view. Dolans half hearted ultimatum of Thomas is a joke and was all grand standing. Isiah has free reign. He can do no wrong in Dolans eyes. If this season isn't a productive playoff year. Then Everyone except the youth must go. I'd ditch Thomas, Marbury, Curry, randolph, crawford, Richardson, Rose, Jerome James, Jarred Jefferies(depending on this season) Fred Jones Peace out! Keeping Lee, balkman, robinson, morris, Chandler, collins. Everyone else would get scrapped, traded or whatever. Then Rebuild with that youthful core.

jzero29

Rotation player
P.S.

And also Isiah has given MSG the perfect reason to fire him this summer, but it chooses to let him run things for one more season. If no success he must go, and who gets to fire Dolan? Someone should wake that guy up, tell him he should get ride of dolan.

KOWIE

Rookie
the fact that dolan allows thomas to be a part of the knicks FO after all that bull during the trial this summer is proof that zeke has a photo of jimmy dolan with a dick in his mouth somewhere in a safe deposit box. i think zeke should have been fired for his lack of production on the court, but the embarassment off the court (and actually IN one) should have been the last straw.

zeke has made some decent draft picks, but his insane contract gobbling and movement of draft picks for unproductive vets and guys that dont make the team are examples of gross mismangement. d nichols will catch on in the league somewhere, and he will become a weapon because of his range. he may not turn into a superstar, but a solid perimiter shooter who can play a little defense will always have a job in the nba.

hopefully this is the last season for him here in NY. im tired of having the knicks suck. i want jeff van gundy back....

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think isiah is on a short leash this season and if things go dramatically badly he should be fired from at least one of his positions.

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
the fact that dolan allows thomas to be a part of the knicks FO after all that bull during the trial this summer is proof that zeke has a photo of jimmy dolan with a dick in his mouth somewhere in a safe deposit box. ...

LOLOLOLOL, I swear I posted this exact thought on many many occasions since Thomas was hired. Good post :peace: