GAME Thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 11/2/07

GetRealistic

Starter
Remind me how many playoff series Marbury has won? You can't make a point without criticizing curry huh, you won't answer questions posed to you or reply to the statements addressed.

Yea we're all patiently awaiting Metro to actually answer everyones question. And in the answer i don't want to hear about how awful he precieves Curry and Crawford to be, i only want to hear about why he has this unwavering love affair with Marbury.

And Metro maybe your closet "isiahsexual" considering no other GM would have brought him here.

One last request don't bring up his one good playoff game where he made a pray at the buzzer to beat the spurs, because a last second miracle shot in a series he eventually lost doesn't mean anything.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Curry may not be in top shape, but he's still too much for opponents to handle. Everyones conditioning gets better by the 15-20 game log. Marbury, whether people like it or not, would still be considered an above average PG by just about all GMs. His problem is that he is not a consistently good floor leader. Stephs first instinct is to score and that is what he does the best.

Steph is more than capable of running a good floor game and get 10 assists. He has the same issues we have like when we tell our women that we're going to start doing things differently to please them, but after about 10 days we slowly start reverting back to our real selves.

Only being 6-2 hurts Steph. If he were 6-5 we wouldn't be having this conversation. He would be considered one of the top SG in the game. Personally, I'd like to see Steph talk more on offense.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Hey i like whats going on now

I like Crawford playing the one its working better for the team he has some kinda connection with our big guys plus he can slash and pass. marbury at the 2 yeah hes a bit short for a 2 but hes making it work i like him there they cant stop him anyway. Why is everyone bashing Curry like come on hes doing well playing his part making easy baskets. His turnovers are down and his fg% is great. so you get rid of Curry who are you going to replace him with be honest yeah thats what i thought. You guys are bumbs if you truly believe we would be better of without Curry. I believe his shoulder is still bothering him thats why the free throws look so bad but he is still doing a good job on offence and to tell you the truth the Centers that he is supposed to be guarding are not scoring that much.

:gony:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Get off of Marburys ass. This guy averaged 20 points and 8 assists for a long time, until Larry Brown corrupted his mind. For all yall marbury haters you shouldve watched last season from the middle of January on. He was the leader of the team playing the best defense of his career. He started to score again which opened things up for his teammates. Its good having a point guard who can score, pass, and defend. The more things a player can do the more valuable he is. You guys are just upset cuz Metros right about Curry and Crawford. Yall a bunch of Currysexuals and Isiahsexuals. Im a Knicks chearleadersexual. They lookin good this year.

pat

Starter
Get off of Marburys ass. This guy averaged 20 points and 8 assists for a long time, until Larry Brown corrupted his mind. For all yall marbury haters you shouldve watched last season from the middle of January on. He was the leader of the team playing the best defense of his career. He started to score again which opened things up for his teammates. Its good having a point guard who can score, pass, and defend. The more things a player can do the more valuable he is. You guys are just upset cuz Metros right about Curry and Crawford. Yall a bunch of Currysexuals and Isiahsexuals. Im a Knicks chearleadersexual. They lookin good this year.

What a substantial post... You should have read my post above before writing your's. I think I made it perfectly clear that I am not a fan of Curry's. As soon as Marbury's individual skills (which I never denied he has) lead to wins I will gladly cheer for him. But that just won't happen. Although I would like to be proven wrong.

The thing is just that a forum doesn't make any sense at all if you don't read other's posts before you refer to them. But I guess we are all getting a bit off-topic here. Let's talk about Marbury again at the end of the season (if he still on the team) just to check whether he managed win something (for once).

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Can anyone be too bright? I don't think so. This has nothing to do with Curry. I would be glad to get rid of both Curry and Marbury. All I am saying is that you use a set of arguments to defend Marbury that you would criticize if somebody used them defending Curry. Saying that I am not too bright and not replying to my arguments against Marbury (I am not arguing pro Curry here!) is way below your usual standard.

But the good thing is that the quote above shows me that you have nothing of substance to say in Marbury's defence. You can't argue away lack of success.

Marbury actually plays defense and can share the ball. Both are totally opposite NBA players in every way possible. You really have no original argument against Marbury; just repeats of the same old crap the media has been using against him for years. I'm not worried about Marbury's passed, I'm concerned about what he can bring to this team.

Mid range shot
Powerful and quick penatration
Solid defense
6-8 assist a game.
15-18 ppg
Experience
Great awareness in the pick and roll
Unselfishness

What else do you want from a PG? Marbury isn't Paul, Nash or Kidd, but he's going to be the man for New York and a big reason why we'll make the playoffs this season.

lilman_bklyn, since you're going to stress and cry about the past; Marbury has been to the playoffs multiply times; there is no comparison between Marbury's success in the NBA to Curry. Please, don't reply with some weak shit saying Marbury has never won a chimp, so have another 400 guys in the NBA. Why will you Isiahsexuals and Marbury haters be original for once? I would trade Curry in a heartbeat before I trade Marbury. Marbury is our best guard, where Randolph is our best big man. Curry's softness can be replaced.

pat, you're obviously not understanding. Marbury individual skills make us a competitive team, and there is no question about that. He defends better than most point guards in the NBA, can penatrate as good as anyone in the NBA, and creates shots and opportunities for his teammates; a B level passer...and a B level PG. He's no all star anymore, but he's still damn good. Lee, Balkman, Marbury, Collins, Richardson, sometimes Nate were positives from last season. When Curry was off the court, the offense was much more fluid..

nyKnicks126, why do you follow? Once again with the past history that doesn't connect to what Marbury can do for us now. My assessment on Marbury is based on what he's done as a Knick, under like 4-5 different head coaches I believe. Herb Williams, Lenny Wilkins, Isiah Thomas, Larry Brown...and Don Chaney? Anyway; constant coach swapping isn't an easy transition for any PG; learning over a new system, getting familar with what a coach wants, the whole perspective is challenging...so take that into consideration instead of expecting athletes to automatically fit in every system right away just because they're athletes Marbury barely played with enough times with Kevin Garnett or an all star Kevin Garnett. KG was a rookie or sophmore, and Marbury didn't play that many games in Minnesota. Same with Kenyon Martin(Why do you say Keyon Martin's name like he's a top 10 PF? Guy is a bust and injury prone) Marbury and the Suns actually won a handful of games, just fell short to championship teams like the Spurs.

This whole "Real PG" non sense is overstressed. Are Tony Parker and Billups real PG's? Billups has been a scorer for most of his career, and Parker is an 19 and 5 player. You wouldn't consider the fact that these guys are surrounded by shooters and the best defensive teams in the NBA? Props and respect to Parker and Billups for their success, but they're not the primarily reason for their teams success. The Wallace brothers and Tim Duncan plus their teams respected defenses are the primary reasons for the success and championships.

Fuck a real PG, Marbury is good enough. We got a legit big man in Randolph...now we need a center to compliment him. I feel a Camby/Chandler caliber would work better than Curry.

Marbury hasn't been the solution(one player cannot be the solution, you need teammates), but he also hasn't been the problem. Lets be realistic here instead of just "hate" on a player with the highest salary.

GetRealstic, you're just not very good at posting.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
What a substantial post... You should have read my post above before writing your's. I think I made it perfectly clear that I am not a fan of Curry's. As soon as Marbury's individual skills (which I never denied he has) lead to wins I will gladly cheer for him. But that just won't happen. Although I would like to be proven wrong.

The thing is just that a forum doesn't make any sense at all if you don't read other's posts before you refer to them. But I guess we are all getting a bit off-topic here. Let's talk about Marbury again at the end of the season (if he still on the team) just to check whether he managed win something (for once).

I read your post but you dont make a lot of sense. I'm not sure what your sayin other then marbury is talented but hes not a good leader and his talent doesnt get the knicks wins. I agree but I blame that on Crawford and Currys defense and you seem to be blaming it on Marburys lack of leadership. I wasnt really directing what i said at just you, it was directed at everyone criticizing Marbury. Marbury is not the problem with this team. And in my previous post, I meant to call everyone crawford and curry sexuals(I said currysexuals and isiahsexuals the first time so switch isiah with crawford). The currysexual part excludes you, since you aint a fan of his.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Marbury and most of the starters are similar players in that they all have great individual talents but are not great team players. Next time you all watch a Knick game notice how stagnant the offense is when the starters are playing. It's always one guy with the ball and the other four standing around. This is a collective fault (including coaching). I really think that the game plan is "give the ball to (enter starter's name here) and let him beat his defender one-on-one". Run a play for Christ's sake!! How about an occasional pick-and roll??!!?? Why don't the players move without the ball? When double-teamed, how about kicking it out to the open man??!!?? Isn't that how an inside-outside game is supposed to work?

My problem with Marbury is that his stats overshadow his talent. A point gaurd is supposed to run the game. Direct players and make them better on the court. Recognize the flows of the game. Marbury can be as good as Tony Parker. He can get to the hoop and either score or draw a foul any time he wants. He must recognize when the team is having a scoring drought and then take over. Drive the lane and score when nobody else can. Sometimes it is more about the intangibles than the stats.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Marbury and most of the starters are similar players in that they all have great individual talents but are not great team players. Next time you all watch a Knick game notice how stagnant the offense is when the starters are playing. It's always one guy with the ball and the other four standing around. This is a collective fault (including coaching). I really think that the game plan is "give the ball to (enter starter's name here) and let him beat his defender one-on-one". Run a play for Christ's sake!! How about an occasional pick-and roll??!!?? Why don't the players move without the ball? When double-teamed, how about kicking it out to the open man??!!?? Isn't that how an inside-outside game is supposed to work?

My problem with Marbury is that his stats overshadow his talent. A point gaurd is supposed to run the game. Direct players and make them better on the court. Recognize the flows of the game. Marbury can be as good as Tony Parker. He can get to the hoop and either score or draw a foul any time he wants. He must recognize when the team is having a scoring drought and then take over. Drive the lane and score when nobody else can. Sometimes it is more about the intangibles than the stats.

My problem with Marbury is his SALARY overshadows his talent.