Stop playing isiah and get Artest.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Well i hope you will be a nets fan soon

If we trade for an idiot like Artest, I'm becoming a Nets fan.

What kind of stupid comment is that. Do you think the rest of us really care if you become a Nets fan or not regardless of the trade you should go.

I think we should wait for artest next year we can get him for free. Crawford has been playing well at the 2 and those forced shots were last minute seconds left on the clock shots that like you said he made. Zach had a bunch of forced shots that he made but he made them so of course we are happy.

If we were going to trade for artest we should have done it during the off season so we could have kept Nichols but to get rid of Q i dont think is a good idea i would actually rather see Crawford at the 1 Q at the 2 Artest at the 3 Zach at the 4 and Curry at the 5. the 2 and 3 spots would have good defenders. If Crawford keeps up on his D like yesterday thats good too.
i like marbury but he has to pick it up on the D worry about your man not everyone else it looked like he was trying to play help D but after the first 2 shots he should have stuck to the guy much harder.

I still like Nate off the bench hes to quick and good for the second Unit so if you keep your first unit on him hes gonna tire them out so much that when the startes come back out they will have a hard time.

:gony:

Artest is someone we need. but at what price? should we really trade our youth for someone who can opt out after this season? if i had my way id do this and would make up for it by getting much in return. seems plausibly and matches salaries wise.

LAKERS GET-
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
David Lee
1st round pick

KINGS GET-
Vladimir Radmanovic
Mardy Collins
Renaldo Balkman

KNICKS GET-
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest

KNICKS
Curry/Morris/James
Randolph/Rose
Artest/Jeffries/Chandler
Bryant/Richardson/Jones
Robinson and well sign Jared Jordan

LAKERS
Bynum/Mihm
Lee/Brown/Turiaf/Cook
Odom/Walton/Evans
Crawford/Vujacic/Karl
Marbury/Farmar/Crittenton

KINGS
Miller/Moore/Williams/Watkins
Abdur-Rahim/Thomas/Hawes
Balkman/Radmanovic/Garcia
Martin/Salmons/Douby
Bibby/Collins/Udrih/Greene

That would be the best trade in the history of Tradedom.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Too many guys who need the ball...Trade Crawford, Artest is a better scorer than Jamal, so he can replace his scoring.

Move Q to SG.

Amen!

I agree that Q is better suited for SG but I don't know about getting Artest. We need to be drama free to unite as a team. I like Balkman as a starting SF.

The Knicks need a traditional PG. Marbury is a scorer by nature. He needs to play off the ball. So on one had I think we need to keep Q as starting SF, move Marbury to the two and ether start Robinson or find a new PG. I know you don't agree on this one metro but you've got to admit the Knicks are a much better team when Starbury is free to score. He'll still get 6 or 7 assists but he'll put up 20. If Randolph/Curry can play a lil half ass D then we'll be straight and very hard to stop

Robinson
Marbury
Richardson
Randolph
Curry

No trades needed. This line up needs to happen.
Critics that oppose this think for a minute what this team would look like with a dominate scoring shooting guard. We may still have Curry/Randolph but 100% of the offense would not go through the front court. This line up could work.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Artest would be exactly what we needed if he wasn't a moron, immature, a head case, and in need of therapy and psychiatric drugs.

Seriously guys, he's obviously a very talented player. However, whenever other teams can't get wait to get rid of an obvious talent like this, it screams to anyone with a head on their shoulders that there are lots of intangible problems that come along with the package. In Artest's case, you don't need a head on you shoulders to figure that out. He comes with his own neon sign.

This is a young team without a real leader. We already have one mental case on the team (Marbury), another than might spontaneously combust at any moment (Robinson), and we are taking a risk with Randolph.

So far Randolph has been a model player, team mate etc... and Robinson seems to be maturing a little. Let's not press our luck by trading away younger players with decent talent for a better talent that is practically 100% to disrupt the franchise even further.

Last edited:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
What kind of stupid comment is that. Do you think the rest of us really care if you become a Nets fan

I was trying to make it clear that you have to be insane to want Artest on your team if the goal is to have a high class organization and eventually win a championship.

The moment a mental midget with psychological problems like Artest joins a club, one is impossible and the other is very unlikely.

He's a talented player, but he's a disruptive force. Team chemistry is as much a factor in winning as athletic ability. This team has some pretty good chemistry right now. All we really need to do is get rid of Marbury, hope that Robinson has actually matured, and get outselves a real starting point guard if Mardy Collins doesn't develop into the role.

Of course getting rid of Dolan as owner and demoting Isiah to a talent scout for drafting would help too. So would getting a certain former Knick that is coaching in LA right now before he signs an extension. He might even be able to convince one of his current players that NY is a cool place to play.

Last edited:

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Sorry dont agree

The Knicks unfortuanatly is full of head cases but i think thats the reason they get along. Damn it it NY. We cant have a Drama free team that would be rediculous. Just Like LA there has to be more too it then just basketball. Artest will fit in just fine with Curry Marbury Zach come on he fits right in. Actually i was more worried about a drama free player coming in and not fitting in. Feeling like an outsider or something lol. Artest is a hard worker and yeah he has made mistakes but many people do. Dont count him out. If he comes to NY he will try extra hard to do well and stay out of trouble. Just like Zach is gonna do.

M4rdy

Rookie
They're going to ask for David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, and one of my favorite players, Mardy or Nate Robinson. I love Artest, but that's giving up way too much.

kaos1

Rookie
Q and Nate for Artest.

Would you do it?

I would.

Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Randolph, Curry

Mardy, Balkman, D-Lee off the bench

I like Q and Nate, but if that's the proposed deal, i'd take it.

umynot

Benchwarmer
Q and Nate for Artest.

Would you do it?

I would.

This will work!! Then we can give much needed time to Marty Collins!!

Unless...

Zeke can steal Ron, he won't get him. And I mean steal like, Nate, Collins, malik or something of that nature.

He is in a huge year. He won't trade a fan favorite (Lee, Balkman) for a guy who can walk next year, though he like won't, and then have to start over chemistry wise. He'd have even more onus to win with Artest than he does now.

Only trade that will save him no matter what, is if Kobe is Knick somehow. That buys him two more years easy. Anything else, is win now or else.

I think He will likely keep the team the same. Besides, Q is just in a rut. His offense will come.

M4rdy

Rookie
Q and Nate for Artest.

Would you do it?

I would.

That's not the point. That's not how things work. Just because it's favorable to the Knicks, doesn't mean the other team will let it happen.

Quentin's offensive abilities has been subpar. His defense is decent, at best. It's not like he's a great defender by any means. And with Nate Robinson, you're getting a question mark. He has to prove that he can be a real PG in this league.

Ron Artest is not only 10 times better than them defensively, he's also pretty good offensively. His attitude and character may be an issue, but if I were the Kings, I'm not trading him unless I can get some certain talent around.

It's already been said, anyways. They want David Lee and/or Renaldo Balkman. Ask yourself, who makes a bigger positive difference for their team, the combination of Balkman and Lee, or Artest?

It's not like just because Artest has character issues they are willing to go with any deal out there.