GAME Thread: New York Knicks vs. Minnesota T'Wolves 11/4

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Knicks first home season opener Sunday 11/4 at 6:00. Lets go Knicks!

TV: MSGHD, NBALP

All predictions in game talk and all other game discussions go here.

Lets keep it up like we did last game 1st and 3rd quarters.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think curry can take al down low. guard penetration will be a problem and im curious to see how we deal with brewer. i think jeffries would be our best bet defensively but id like to see how balkman does on him.

umynot

Benchwarmer
We must win!!! Feed Curry all day!!!
We need to win so that we gain confidence!!!
Blow them out!!
LET"S GO KNICKS!!!!
Knicks 109 Wolves 88

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah assuming they have brewer and walker at the 3 and 4, if we just pound it inside to our bigs their frontcourt should quickly get into foul trouble and it should be smooth sailing from there. i am still worried about penetration from their 1-3 guys and kick outs or just finishing drives and getting our big guys in foul trouble.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If yall remember last year against the Celtics, Al Jefferson gave Curry problems. He was to quick and elusive for him on offense. Curry was too foul and turnover prone of offense, so I think Jefferson outplayed Curry. This is a different year and I hope a different story. I underestimated Curry in the last game and I dont want to make the same mistake again but even if Curry struggles I expect Starbury to have a better game and i know its only the
2nd game of the season but its a must win. They cant lose to teams like minnesota and they cant lose 2 games in a row.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
We better win

if we loose damn i think Isiah will be gone and our season down the drain just my thought. He is a pretty good GM but his coaching is pretty bad he should have called a timeout after the first 2 3's

:gony:

Toons

is the Bo$$
if we loose damn i think Isiah will be gone and our season down the drain just my thought. He is a pretty good GM but his coaching is pretty bad he should have called a timeout after the first 2 3's

:gony:

if we lose to the t-wolves our season is down the drain??? isiah gone?? and because he didnt call a time out dosent mean anything...phil jackson makes moves like that all the time....we needed a lesson in what happens when u dont defend the 3pt shot....now we see if we learned our lesson this game...

knick - 108
wolves - 91

marbs - 12 pts.....8 asists...3 to's
crawford - 21 pts 4 rebs 4 assists
randolph - 24 pts 14 rebs 4 assists
curry - 18 pts 8 rebs 2 blocks

Toons

is the Bo$$
oh, and eddy does look like he lost sum weight...even his arms are more defined...less flab.....way to work eddy

I think the Knicks has to work on the 3-point D along with their defensive spacing. Last game I did see signs of good team defense, but I think they got tired in the 4th period and lost that 1/2 step which cost them the game.

Kiyaman

Legend
LET'S GO KNICKS!

This should be an easy WIN for this Knick Team, Marbury always have a good game vs Telfair. And as much as alot of Knick-Fans HATE to admit "Marbury, Crawford, and Curry" are the Knicks biggest Liabilities on this team when it comes time for the three players to group TOGETHER and apply DEFENSE as a unit. And Zach & Q.Rich (has shown in Preseason) are not to far behind them on applying team-defense.
It's ashame that Coach Isiah Thomas has not let the Knicks Powerful 2nd-Unit "PF-Lee, SF-Balkman, PG-Collins, and Combo-Nate" create their own playbook and call their own plays this season as a seperate unit. He has been using the injuries of Balkman & Collins to help out the POOR chemistry of his Slow "STARTERS" with 6th-Man Lee Frontcourt and 7th-Man Nate Backcourt performances with his Starters the majority of the game to pick-up so many of the "FLAWS" in the Starters chemistry which was not prepaired at the start of the regular season games.

Al Jefferson, Mcant, Brewer, and Telfair will score if the Knicks dont play some decent defense.

Knicks by 13 over the T-Wolves.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
if we lose to the t-wolves our season is down the drain??? isiah gone?? and because he didnt call a time out dosent mean anything...phil jackson makes moves like that all the time....we needed a lesson in what happens when u dont defend the 3pt shot....now we see if we learned our lesson this game...

knick - 108
wolves - 91

marbs - 12 pts.....8 asists...3 to's
crawford - 21 pts 4 rebs 4 assists
randolph - 24 pts 14 rebs 4 assists
curry - 18 pts 8 rebs 2 blocks

haha toons arent those about the same numbers that we had against cleveland?

and curry definitely looks like he got into shape...mad diesel. id say hes in as good or better shape than randolph right now.

kiyaman, i dont think in the history of this forum anyone ever said a word about crawford or curry's d being anything above average or below average.

i think minny is gonna score 90-100 but with all their new players i really doubt they have enough team defense to stop us from scoring 100-110 points. they dont really have enough big bodies to bang with us either, especially if walker is at the 4. does anyone have starting lineups? or at least know who their starters are?

Lets not make too much of this game. it is game 2 of an 82 game season. Yes it would be nice to get a win ( when isn't it good to get a win) but we're going to drop games this season we should win, and win against teams that we are not better than, so lets just enjoy. What I'll be watching for is team chemistry and D. I guess I don't want to see us lose because our media will be all over us until Tuesdays game.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
so i found the boxscore from their last game, unless they change it it looks like their starting lineup is telfair, mccants, gomes, jefferson, ratliff. so basically their 4 starters do have pretty good chemistry from being in boston. they had brewer, walker and jaric off the bench but buckner got the most bench minutes with 25. not sure if that was due to foul trouble or what. they had 47 rebounds total compared to 60 to denver, 4 block shots to den's 9, had a 40% fg%, 7-22 3pts for 31%. im not particularly scared of them unless one of their shooters catches fire. ratliff isnt a big threat on offense but he looks healthy and his defense is back (3 blocks in 30 mins). if we can contain al and not give up a lot of open jumpers we should be able to win. denver shot 46% on them.

First and foremost...Where the hell do I go to post a thread?...Now, what I'm really here for: Isiah should switch the "4" and "5" spots. When I see Zach I see Alonzo Mourning with better scoring abillity. He's very strong, If you teach him to play the "5", he can be one of the top centers in the east. Now as for Eddie: If you pin him up against the opposing power forwards in the league he can be a handful, not to mention more productive on the boards. What's "Ya'll" opinion on that??? My URL is www.myspace.com/beatpathologist
Dpartmentofpeace.jpg