GAME Thread: New York Knicks vs. Minnesota T'Wolves 11/4

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
you cant post a thread until you get i think 10 posts. im not sure how i feel about zach at the 5, at least not with eddy. unless he spontaneously starts learning how to play help d and alter/block shots there really is no point, hes an OK man defender but nothing out of this world. if he starts showing promise i wouldnt mind shipping curry out and starting lee at pf. zach presents more of a matchup problem at center because he is fast and can hit the outside j, and tha would free up room for lee inside which is his strong point. also randolph is a lilttle shorter than most of the centers in the east, im not sure that would be the biggest factor but it plays into it a bit. curry is 6'11 or 7 and randolph is 6'9. true he is more agile which makes up for it. welcome to the forum though

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
thats what im talking about!!!! hustle and unselfishness!!!! i turned it on as marbury got that steal and dished to lee.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah the turnover margin is acceptable, were shooting well, theyre in mad foul trouble. good shit! just gotta close this out

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
win wasnt pretty but i'll take it, as the game goes along, knick guards go away from puttin the ball in post, its good that crawfords jumpshot was falling, he was aggressive today

Crawford looking like he is continuing where he left off last year. He keeps this up, we'll be pretty tough to beat.

We still gotta play better on defense.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Damn that looked so bad

Good win but we should do better then that against the wolves come on man. they just lost there best player leaving them without a star. This is crazy if we can barely beat them what will we do against teams that have star power loose every time. Damn this isnt looking good for us. We have to defend against the 3

:gony:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Good win but we should do better then that against the wolves come on man. they just lost there best player leaving them without a star. This is crazy if we can barely beat them what will we do against teams that have star power loose every time. Damn this isnt looking good for us. We have to defend against the 3

:gony:

I agree.

I'm happy we got the win, but we just struggled with one of the worst teams in the West on our home court on a day when the officials made some calls that made me think they bet on the Knicks. ;)

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
A win is a win.. Every win won't be a blowout and every loss won't always be close. It's still early, tightening up on the defense is an issue they have to work on, with that said, they did play a good all around defensive game, but that perimeter defense in particular needs to be a focus for the coaching staff as the season goes on.

nyk_nyk

All Star
win wasnt pretty but i'll take it, as the game goes along, knick guards go away from puttin the ball in post, its good that crawfords jumpshot was falling, he was aggressive today
Damn this is so true! Why does that happen???? It seems as if they clearly have a game plan to start off the game, but then halfway through the second half it turns into whoever wants to shoot it play. The same thing happened in Cleveland. They started the game with Zach and Eddy in the half court and Marbury going to the basket on fast breaks since Gibson couldn’t guard him. Eventually the team looked lost on offense and werent sure who was going to be the focal point.

Great win for the home fans but they still have a lot of work to do. Perimeter defense is BAD BAD BAD. We will leave a teams best 3 point shooter even after he's shown that he's on fire. I don't have much of a problem with the offense, but the team needs to care more on defense. If our players miss a defensive assignment, they're answer is to make sure they score next time down court. I need to see someone get really upset when they make a defensive error and WANT to make up for it on the defensive end.

I think right now the Knicks are committed to winning by using all their weapons to score. There is no commitment to hold a team to 80 points. When I use to play high school ball, I would tell the person I was defending "sorry, but your gonna have a bad game tonight" because I was going to make it so difficult for him to even get the ball, let alone score. I can honestly say, 90% of the time it worked.