500 LB. Gorillia in The Corner?

First things first we got our first win of the season! Good scrappy play in the 2nd quarter, still a lot of suspect defense, and forced shots. But a win is a win and this is the same team that gave Denver a good game a couple of nights back. so this team was not just going to lay down to us.

But in watching the game I couldn't help but notice how many of our players who were not playing. Now every team has bench warmers so that in itself shouldn't warrent too much concern, but when you look at our DNP's you see a handfull of players who could be contributors to other teams, as well as our team. OK so what's the big deal?....to understand my concern lets break down our DNP's

Mardy Collins-the truest point we've had since Charilie Ward, and the most complete since Mark Jackson. Is exactly the "floor general" type that IT was talking about in preseason. Steph and Nate are really trying to be pass first PG's but it just isn't natural for them. Our biggest weakness is perimeter D and Mardy is our best on the ball defender. He needs to play!

Fred Jones-bottom line this is the man who made the team over Allan Houston, and D Nichols, he has a lot to prove to Knick fans early on.

Malik Rose- should be apart of the Spurs Dynasty, has shown leadership and class on a losing team. Good rebounder and solid low post defender decent shooter.

Jared Jefferies- Obviously he's injured so right now there is an excuse, but who does he bump off when he comes back? I missed all of the preseason games but from what ya'll have been saying his game was much improved so how does he get minutes to compliment his work he put in this off season?

Randolph Morris- why did we sighn him if we're not going to play him. I agree he was an late lottery pick if he went into the draft, but he's not going to beat out Lee or Randolph for minutes just making him just another tedious player on this roster.

Wilson Chandler- he's a rookie so there is a little rational to his benching. But if we want him to develope, then he has to play right? But Mardy wasn't getting minutes at this point last season so there is plenty of time for him.

OK so now to my point....we have to slim down this roster before a fight for playing time becomes yet another issue on this squad. Winning cures almost all, the lone exception is ego. No pro athlete who puts in the work in the off season and in practice will fully understand not getting PT even if the team is winning.

LOL, look it's only 2 games into the season, maybe Zeke finds a way to accomadate all of these players, and maybe I'm just frustrated because Mardy Collins (my favorite Knick) is not playing, or maybe I'm still too hopeful of the Artest move so I'm reading a lil much into this situation hoping the Knicks get him using some of the players I mentioned (all but Mardy could be traded and I'd be ok), but it's still something that has to be on IT's mind.

So what do you all think am I reading too much into this being that it is still early into the season?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
its true what u say but i go wit what isiah is doing, isiah really has to play a 9 player rotation, one thing i dont agree wit u is fred jones, he dont gotta prove anything, D Nichols wasnt going have any impact this season

I agree D Nichols wasn't going to play much, but he has the potential to make an impact in this league in years to come, so the player we kept over him needs to be worth it.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
lol yeah we have a big DNP list

well Jerome James should have been fired and thrown out the stadium a long time ago. Fred Jones he shouldnt have made this team. Jerome James is hurt and he will see alot more playing time then you think when he comes back his Defense and ability to run the court for those easy buckets have impressed me. Mardy yeah he should play more but Isiah wants the guards to slash to the basket early so the big men can get some easy shots or to create plays so Nate and Robinson are good for those things. I think Nate is injured you should see Mardy play next game. It was a tough win but a win so i cant complain. And for Artest we are going to get him for free next year unless we shart really bad this year we will wait for next year when he comes for nothing.

:gony:

jzero29

Rotation player
to much mediocre talent on roster

Yes the KNicks have one of the deepest teams in the league all 15 players could play somewhere and be more important. Yes including jerome james(when healthy and in shape, like the season before we got him, he was a servicable center, not an all-star, servicable) We pay alot of money to guys who won't see the floor. Why have that deep a bench? Why not have a bench with guys who don't play that are young undeveloped talent...like instead of not playing malik rose, jerome james, why not not play Jarred Jordan or Demetris Nichols? I know they'd have to be bought out and the knicks would have to pay for them anyway, but do you think the contracts of Jordan and Nichols would be so much larger? It would be like adding less then 2 million for the both, yes we could have kept jared jordan and nichols for less than 2 million more, maybe double their salary for luxary tax purpose, but still under 4 million, tops! Thats assuming they make 1mill each. Which david lee only makes, 900k, So we could have signed them for about 400-800 each, it could have been as little as 1million more, 2million after lux tax. Say we get jordan for 400k and nichols for 600k thats only 1 million. I mean we'd have to sacrifice malik rose and jerome james. We pay their salary anyway, either way we still pay for them, and they won't play many minutes. Rose will only play in garbage time and J.James won't play at all.