Still to early to admitt it, but was I wrong about Crawford?

jzero29

Rotation player
Crawford has been playing well, these first two games. Should I be eating my words? We'll see, I have yet to actually watch a full KNick game, (working nights sometimes sucks)Have me and countless other Crawford haters been wrong? he's had two good scoring games(24.5ppg), good assist #s(6.5apg), Still a little high in TO's(3TOpg). SO far best free throw shooter. Good FG%(.500fg%), still poor 3pt%(.2863pt%) 2 steals per game. So he needs to improve his turnovers and either stop shooting 3's or start hitting them. He has been the best Kick so far, close to zacks performancewho's avg 18ppg and 12rpg. But also terrible TO's. I haven't seen a whole game so I am unsure, if they have been playing well as a team, or if it has all been individual efforts across the board?

Crawford has been playing well, these first two games. Should I be eating my words? We'll see, I have yet to actually watch a full KNick game, (working nights sometimes sucks)Have me and countless other Crawford haters been wrong? he's had two good scoring games(24.5ppg), good assist #s(6.5apg), Still a little high in TO's(3TOpg). SO far best free throw shooter. Good FG%(.500fg%), still poor 3pt%(.2863pt%) 2 steals per game. So he needs to improve his turnovers and either stop shooting 3's or start hitting them. He has been the best Kick so far, close to zacks performancewho's avg 18ppg and 12rpg. But also terrible TO's. I haven't seen a whole game so I am unsure, if they have been playing well as a team, or if it has all been individual efforts across the board?
Jamal has been pretty good on offense, but not so good on D.

Last night he was better as far as not just throwing up 3's and seems to be picking the spots for his explosions which I think is good.

His face up, one-on-one defense is still not so good, but he does seem to be looking more to get in the passing lanes and is helping a bit. He just seems to give up getting over the picks.

On the plus side, Zeke is sitting people who do not perform (at least some times) so he may get inspired :)

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
Im going to say that i was wrong about Jcraw but only because he seems to be acting like a real leader and knows the emotion of his teams mates i think him d-Lee and Taz are our key players to chemistry along with nate our spark plugg i see JCraw avg. ppg22,and about 6ast, and 2reb .. tell me what you guys think

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I wouldn't change my view on a player after one good game. Let's see how consistent he can be in 5-10 games. Hopefully Crawford can fulfill Zek's plan, to have a slasher in the form of a two guard that can drive to the basket and shoot from any where on the floor, as well as a SF (Q.Rich) than can do the same. Potentially the Knicks can be a very dangerous team (if) they can keep it together. Crawford is a flaky defender but he makes an afford. To me Crawford is the missing link when he doesn't show up, which is why I'd rather see Marbury play the 2 and Crawford benched. He has more bad nights than good ones. I'd bench him or show case him for a trade.

jzero29

Rotation player
I was saying it's to early, but giving him credit for 2 good games.

I wouldn't change my view on a player after one good game. Let's see how consistent he can be in 5-10 games. Hopefully Crawford can fulfill Zek's plan, to have a slasher in the form of a two guard that can drive to the basket and shoot from any where on the floor, as well as a SF (Q.Rich) than can do the same. Potentially the Knicks can be a very dangerous team (if) they can keep it together. Crawford is a flaky defender but he makes an afford. To me Crawford is the missing link when he doesn't show up, which is why I'd rather see Marbury play the 2 and Crawford benched. He has more bad nights than good ones. I'd bench him or show case him for a trade.
thats what the title says, to early to admitt i was wrong, i'm just saying if he keeps it up, i'll have to, and that he's looked good so far.
Just not sure what you meant by"Crawford is a flaky defender but he makes an afford" he makes an afford?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i laugh at the people who want crawford gone or benched, crawford is a performer, the knicks best player in da fourth quarter

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Although Crawford performed well down the stretch last night on offense, he let Rashad Mcants drive on him a couple times. He's got no excuse for being a poor defender. Crawfords athletic, quick, and hes got good reflexes. He should be able to keep Mcants in front of him. I dont understand why he lets the guy on offense go right by him all the time. I'll give him a lot of credit for hittin big shots under pressure. Hes a very skilled offensive players who is at times unstoppable. I like the way hes been movin the ball, he just needs to play better man to man defense.

Kiyaman

Legend
When Crawford play against Billups, Kidd, Arenas, Felton, T.J.Ford, Iverson, Parker, Joe Johnson, Hinrich, Deron, Paul, Bibby, Terry, B-Davis, and Nash Backcourt Tandems, Crawford performance become poor. And Marbury too.

The Knicks lost so many games in the last couple of seasons because of Marbury & Crawford poor defensive effort together.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
When Crawford play against Billups, Kidd, Arenas, Felton, T.J.Ford, Iverson, Parker, Joe Johnson, Hinrich, Deron, Paul, Bibby, Terry, B-Davis, and Nash Backcourt Tandems, Crawford performance become poor. And Marbury too.

The Knicks lost so many games in the last couple of seasons because of Marbury & Crawford poor defensive effort together.

LOL, this is too funny... so every other guard in the nba shuts these guys down then right?? C'mon now, you are going to name all-star point guards(with the exception of felton and ford and Hinrich) and then going to make a comment like that? Ridiculous. And to add to it, when the knicks play these teams, it's not Crawford who guards these guys.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Its hard to guard a guy with a quick cross over

Keeping a defender in front of you is hard especailly when he has a nice lit 3 point shot I rather let the guy cut into the lane then pop threes on us for giving him space. Example that first game when Isiah put the team in a zone you cant blame Marbury if the team wasnt in a zone those guys wouldnt have been open. Wide open thats why Zeke wasnt mad at Marburys poor play it was his dumb as play calling.

:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend

LOL, this is too funny... so every other guard in the nba shuts these guys down then right?? C'mon now, you are going to name all-star point guards(with the exception of felton and ford and Hinrich) and then going to make a comment like that? Ridiculous. And to add to it, when the knicks play these teams, it's not Crawford who guards these guys.

LiLBklyn, note that I said "Backcourt-Tandems", the above PG that I put up demands to have a SG "PARTNER" that co-exist with them in the backcourt on both ends of the court. Sam Cassell seen how well Mobley helped out Francis skillz & talent that Cassel did not have a problem mixing it up with Mobley in the backcourt to produce more WINS for the L.A. Clippers.

In Marbury & Crawford NBA career do you recall any player that co-existed with them in the Backcourt? NO! you cant mention one player.
Hinrich well performance made the Bulls Coach Skiles bench Crawford for three weeks straight, and gave the Starting PG position to Hinrich, and put Crawford at the SG position.
Marbury selfish play with the Nets made SG-Kerry Kittles sit out injured for two seasons, as soon as the Nets traded for Kidd the Top 3 best Backcourt Tandems in the NBA for three straight seasons were Kidd & Kittles.
Marbury selfish play with the Phoenix Suns would not let SG-Joe Johnson or Amare Stoudamire in on the offense they averaged 8.9 points with Marbury.
Their first season with PG-Nash both Joe Johnson & Amare Stoudamire became instant NBA-STARS averaging above 20 points and leading their team to 61 WINS that season.

So anybody who critisized Crawford or Marbury for their consistent repeated Bad Performance for the last three seasons does not have to apologize for anything. When it look like a horse, act like a horse, you cant get upset when everyone calls it a Horse...

metrocard

Legend

Well said. I can see Crawford actually having a good stretch of games. He does look different this year, always had a stretch of good games then terrible games, but he's been attacking the basketball. We needed something different from SG and Crawford is doing that. I'm not sold on Crawford yet, but there still is hope.

jzero29

Rotation player
uhm, the point was crawford has looked good so far

I was just writting, to my surprise and my previously voiced dislike of crawford, he has played well. He is performing. If he continues to play like this, I will have to say I was wrong about him, that he still had potential and I was wrong for hating him. I also said it is to early to admitt it after only 2 games, he can revert in the next 80 games to the crawford I hate, but so far he's been pretty good. Still not a 3pt shooter and alot of turnovers, but he's scoring and shooting well(other than 3pters) Which still bothers me that he's not shooting the 3 well. It spreads defense out for the guys inside, and for himself on drives to the basket, makes a sg more effective if like Gibbson he's waiting beyond the arch, the ball gets swung around to him and he's open the defense has to scramble to cover him, which means he can blow by them running out to him, or he can shoot before they get to him. It would really make him a complete shooting guard.
As a knick fan, I hope that in a month or so I am saying I was wrong about bashing him this off season. I'd rather be wrong and the knicks winning, than right and the knicks losing.

Kiyaman

Legend
I was just writting, to my surprise and my previously voiced dislike of crawford, he has played well. He is performing. If he continues to play like this, I will have to say I was wrong about him, that he still had potential and I was wrong for hating him. I also said it is to early to admitt it after only 2 games, he can revert in the next 80 games to the crawford I hate, but so far he's been pretty good. Still not a 3pt shooter and alot of turnovers, but he's scoring and shooting well(other than 3pters) Which still bothers me that he's not shooting the 3 well. It spreads defense out for the guys inside, and for himself on drives to the basket, makes a sg more effective if like Gibbson he's waiting beyond the arch, the ball gets swung around to him and he's open the defense has to scramble to cover him, which means he can blow by them running out to him, or he can shoot before they get to him. It would really make him a complete shooting guard.
As a knick fan, I hope that in a month or so I am saying I was wrong about bashing him this off season. I'd rather be wrong and the knicks winning, than right and the knicks losing.

Zero, I have to agree with you on that one.

I'm still not sold on Fred Jones yet, maybe when I see him play alongside of SF-Balkman's speed rather than slow SF-Q.Rich on defense.
I still would've chose D-Nichols over Fred Jones... :gony:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
LiLBklyn, note that I said "Backcourt-Tandems", the above PG that I put up demands to have a SG "PARTNER" that co-exist with them in the backcourt on both ends of the court. Sam Cassell seen how well Mobley helped out Francis skillz & talent that Cassel did not have a problem mixing it up with Mobley in the backcourt to produce more WINS for the L.A. Clippers.

In Marbury & Crawford NBA career do you recall any player that co-existed with them in the Backcourt? NO! you cant mention one player.
Hinrich well performance made the Bulls Coach Skiles bench Crawford for three weeks straight, and gave the Starting PG position to Hinrich, and put Crawford at the SG position.
Marbury selfish play with the Nets made SG-Kerry Kittles sit out injured for two seasons, as soon as the Nets traded for Kidd the Top 3 best Backcourt Tandems in the NBA for three straight seasons were Kidd & Kittles.
Marbury selfish play with the Phoenix Suns would not let SG-Joe Johnson or Amare Stoudamire in on the offense they averaged 8.9 points with Marbury.
Their first season with PG-Nash both Joe Johnson & Amare Stoudamire became instant NBA-STARS averaging above 20 points and leading their team to 61 WINS that season.

So anybody who critisized Crawford or Marbury for their consistent repeated Bad Performance for the last three seasons does not have to apologize for anything. When it look like a horse, act like a horse, you cant get upset when everyone calls it a Horse...

lol,wow u a hater, so cuz marbury was selfish, made kittles injured???
and its not marburys fault joe johnson didnt play, phoenix just didnt believe in joe johnson, amare was a rookie, he had a great rookie season, and nash is a perfect fit to the styles of phoenix and marbury didnt have the matured phoenix team that nash has and marbury didnt have richard jefferson, kenyon martin and kittles, he only had van horn in which he didnt even like, stop hating, damn

I remember the madness...

Matt Carrol over Crawford .... Boy... does that look really silly right now.

The man is avg 25 and 7. Only 3 games, but it;s the way he is doing it. Going to the rim, and not settling for bad shots like he used too. Being that the bigs have to stay on their men because of our trio of big... he will usually get easy shots. He and Steph.

Crawford going to have a big season. Big season.

bahamasc

Rookie

The man is avg 25 and 7. Only 3 games, but it;s the way he is doing it. Going to the rim, and not settling for bad shots like he used too. Being that the bigs have to stay on their men because of our trio of big... he will usually get easy shots. He and Steph.

I think alot of it is because he put on 20 lbs over the offseason. Good work JC, Steph also looks like the Steph we saw 3-4 years ago.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
we have a special team they are great when they click I bet they will be like that for years =) being super hyped after our destructive win over the chicken nuggets(not callinh iverson one tho only marsh mello and the whole rest of that team) this is a great win and I feel grest for a solid win and over .500 yeah baby! wooooooooot

jzero29

Rotation player
Uhm, uh... you remember that?

Okay so right now that looks ridiculous. I still think carrol is a solid guard, but it appears for now Crawford has finally turned the corner. He looks great(except 3pters and TOs) But he's played very well otherwise.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Crawford has looked good on offense but his defense has been just as bas as last year. Kleiza ate him up for 18 points. It seems so far this year like everytime Crawford scores he gives up a basket on defense. He has everything he needs to be a good defender (quickness, reflexes, and athletic ability) except effort and heart.