[Editorial] NYKobe

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure most of you have already read Stark's first two columns here at knicksonline.com. Since the comments are closed on the site (at least until the new version) feel free to leave your thoughts here!

Los Angeles (AP) ? Kobe Bryant?s return to Los Angeles might have been the big story, but the bigger one came from one of the players he was traded for. New fan favorite David Lee led the Lakers past the Knicks grabbing a league season high, 27 rebounds to go along with a modest 14 points and 4 assists in a blowout that ended with a final score of 127 - 98. Former Knicks Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford also contributed to the rout, but it was Lee who stole the spotlight in a game that was hyped for months.

More: http://www.knicksonline.com/news.php/full/75.html

Toons

is the Bo$$
lol, i can imagine kiya now lol

...this board will be filled with messages is kobe comes lol

jzero29

Rotation player
Ridiculous.

His first one wasn't bad, but this article was ridiculous. First, I love David lee, but 27 rebounds? Crawford and lee leading NBA in scoring and rebounds? I guess if Lee grabs a modest 27 a night in the bigger western confrence, because Jamaal only grabs about 3 a game. Crawford can't shoot 3's, how can he lead the league in scoring. Imagine how many turnovers he would have in the triangle offense, considering he has to learn it and it is pass orientated. The whole thing is ridiculous. The Knicks with Kobe getting blown out against his old team? I've seen Kobe play, he loves to get boo's. He always plays big when he plays at MSG and I'm sure he'd be motivated to play against the lakers at the staples center.
And the trade itself, Kobe and Kwame for lee crawford and randolph? We just got randolph. That would also mean, curry would still be on the team and he's scoring well, if the double teams went to Kobe, curry would feast on offense.
The only legit part is that thomas has lost the team, stephs out of control, Jamaal is still same old crawford, take 20shots hitting 6 and score 20pg(most coming on free throws). The team has talent but, crawford and steph don't mix. I personally think it is a mistake to run your offense through crawford. Collins isn't ready to be point.

Last edited:

Starks

Starter
His first one wasn't bad, but this article was ridiculous. First, I love David lee, but 27 rebounds? Crawford and lee leading NBA in scoring and rebounds? I guess if Lee grabs a modest 27 a night in the bigger western confrence, because Jamaal only grabs about 3 a game. Crawford can't shoot 3's, how can he lead the league in scoring. Imagine how many turnovers he would have in the triangle offense, considering he has to learn it and it is pass orientated. The whole thing is ridiculous. The Knicks with Kobe getting blown out against his old team? I've seen Kobe play, he loves to get boo's. He always plays big when he plays at MSG and I'm sure he'd be motivated to play against the lakers at the staples center.
The only legit part is that thomas has lost the team, stephs out of control, Jamaal is still same old crawford, take 20shots hitting 6 and score 20pg(most coming on free throws). The team has talent but, crawford and steph don't mix. I personally think it is a mistake to run your offense through crawford. Collins isn't ready to be point.

"Crawford, like Lee, has shined since leaving New York. Lee and Jamal have lead the NBA in rebounds and scoring since the trade deadline."

"Since the trade deadline"

(not leading the league)

Crawford for scoring, and Lee for rebounds. Stranger stats have happened when only tracked since the trade deadline.

; )

jzero29

Rotation player
SOrry for the mix up

Sorry for the mis quote, but it still is silly. Crawford, can't hit 3's and even his runner is shakey at times(as seen last night @ clippers). I can see him leading the league a random for a week, nothing more. David Lee can rebound like crazy, but he's also in the east facing lesser opponents.

jzero29

Rotation player
more crawford bashing

Almost every other player who leads their team in shotsby double digits leads them in scoring except crawford.

Last edited: