Answer to our prayers

GetRealistic

Starter
I am not saying he should be absolved from blame - but as with any corporation - the man who is in charge is ultimately to blame for putting together his mess.

And you think by getting rid of just Marbury - we will be a better team?
Then unfortunately you are truly delusional. It is a bigger problem than that, and that is what my previous post explains.
You CANNOT take a square peg and try to fit it into a round hole.

I without a doubt in my mind think they would be a better team without him. I mean are we even that good of a team now with him? I think it'd be addition by subtraction.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Marbury is not the PG that New York needs. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have a place in NY. Marbury has been cursed with being a scoring PG that doesn't fit in to most systems. In fairness to him, he has been a soldier for NY and has done what he was asked but it's never enough. Critics will say he passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass. It's ether get your teammates involved or be more aggressive. I agree that we need a traditional PG. (Luke Ridnour and Steve Blake come to mind) But Steph is a born scorer we should start him at the two spot and trade Crawford. Besides, Steph is nearly untradable any way with 40+ million left on his contract. It would be much easier to unload Crawford for, say, Artest.

Best realistic move in my opinion: Trade Crawford for Artest and who ever for Blake. Blake is solid and comes cheap. We could make a move for Ridnour but that would surely cost us Lee or Balkman.

Line up

Blake
Marbury
Artest
Randolph
Curry

Marbury can play the two. He plays off the ball any way, why not start him there. Richardson can back up Marbury or vise versa but I doubt he can or will be traded.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Marbury is not the PG that New York needs. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have a place in NY. Marbury has been cursed with being a scoring PG that doesn't fit in to most systems. In fairness to him, he has been a soldier for NY and has done what he was asked but it's never enough. Critics will say he passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass. It's ether get your teammates involved or be more aggressive. I agree that we need a traditional PG. (Luke Ridnour and Steve Blake come to mind) But Steph is a born scorer we should start him at the two spot and trade Crawford. Besides, Steph is nearly untradable any way with 40+ million left on his contract. It would be much easier to unload Crawford for, say, Artest.

Best realistic move in my opinion: Trade Crawford for Artest and who ever for Blake. Blake is solid and comes cheap. We could make a move for Ridnour but that would surely cost us Lee or Balkman.

Line up

Blake
Marbury
Artest
Randolph
Curry

Marbury can play the two. He plays off the ball any way, why not start him there. Richardson can back up Marbury or vise versa but I doubt he can or will be traded.

+1
I agree with that

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Line up

Blake
Marbury
Artest
Randolph
Curry

At this point in their careers I believe Crawford is the better scorer and probably better all around player.

I don't think Curry would be happy to see Crawford go either. Crawford makes Curry look like an all star for at least half a quarter every night. I say package him with one of our young upNcommers and get a solid PG and maybe Artest and call it a day.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
"A person close to Marbury says he is beaten down emotionally from everything that transpired over the summer and through the Sanders trial and that deep down he would welcome a change of scenery."

hmm...

pat

Starter

Line up

Blake
Marbury
Artest
Randolph
Curry

Artest AND Marbury on one squad smells like trouble to me. What the media say about Marbury also holds truth for Artest. Or did I miss anything great Artest has won over his career? As far as Ridnour is concerned, I think he is overrated. So is Blake. I would go for Brevin Knight if he weren't that injury prone. As I said before, they should have made a decision before the season. Right now it is just one big management-mess with nothing intelligent to say about.

paris401

Starter
I'm trying to understand your sarcasm, but Ricki Davis & J will are not on the same level as Kobe & KG bad arguement

the sarcasm is that no one is going to take on 'starbury' and his 42m contract.

if u are a $hitty team, u have no use for 'starbury'.. and his 42m bucks, if u are a contender looking for the player to put u over the top, i doubt anyone would say that he is going to lead u to the promised land..

hence he is untradeable ... let 'towel-head' mope at the end of the bench with burger-king james... they both sux...

umynot

Benchwarmer
Unbelievable!!!

Marbury quit??? He missed the morning shoot around!! What a little sissy!!

He has nerve not taking a back seat!!!

I might be the biggest Marbury fan!! I seen him rip it up at Lincoln High( My Younger Bro had to D him up) but I have officially given up on him!!!

QUIT????

My life for real for real has been rough!! A lot rougher for sure then his!! I never ever even thought of quitting!!! How can he even think of quitting??? Who does he think he is???

Not Starbury that is for sure!! Yes he has had 2 good games but that means 3 bad ones!!!

I am disgusted by his actions!! Good riddance Mr Marbury you wont be missed!!!

This is thoroughly disappointing news,,,

I'm a huge Marbury fan, always liked his game, and backed him up when most spat on him. But this... there is no way around this... Not showing up for practice spells doom.

This team is going nowhere. Isaiah is getting fired. Steph is the scapegoat for now. But this is Zeke's fault. He changes with the wind like many posters have said. He blames the guards for leaving men open, yet all it takes is one pick for the guards to get open, because Zeke does not preach his bigs to help on pick and roll. If you don't have help on the picks from the bigs, avg guards will look like world beaters.

What's going to happen now is, Collins is going to start, and the offense will suffer greatly, and teams will STILL score at will because the bigs (Eddy Fluffy in particular) do not help defend. I see hs players who help better than the bigs on the Knicks. So the insert of Collins won't lead to wins. Anyone thinking this is mad. Only thing that will lead to more wins is more defense.

I remember the post in the preseason where Zeke said... everyone is responsible for their own man. He said teams scored from the outside and not in the paint. That is skewed because, all it took then, like it still takes now.. is one pick on a guard for his man to get an open 15 footer, or three. The bigs do not rotate well on defense, and teams know this. One pick, two passes, score. I don't care if we had Clyde Frazier on this team, if the bigs won't help on the pick and rolls, his man would score like the wind. Until this changes, we'll suck.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I can't imagine better news for the Knicks than buying out Marbury. He's a talented athlete, but his basketball IQ is borderline retarded. You can't win with a guy that doesn't understand the game playing PG. That goes double when he's a consistent failure at crunch time.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Why is every one talking like Marbury is the reason for the Knicks wows. I'm trying to be as neutral as possible. The idea of starting Collins is actually pretty good but I'm not sure if he's ready. I guess we'll see tonight. To buy out Marbury is a stupid move to me. If any thing we should trade him next season. I'm not for trading Marbury but that would make more business since to me then letting him walk. What I really think is going on is that Marbury will be a back up until he proves him self and then all of you will ride him again.

A lot of people seem to think Collins is the next big thing in NY. Some have even compared him to Clyde Frazier. May be this is the best move for the Knicks. If it is will Thomas get credit for this one? I wonder.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I personally as a fan AM VERY Happy about steph leaving! possibly.. . For whom do we trade for expiring contracts???? ...Buyout HELL NO, but a trade is impossible with his lack of leadership, and sportsman like character. . I dont think anyone wants him! Send him to Toronto for TJ! or Indiana FOR JAMAAL TINSELY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just watch Mardy gets 20 10 tonight!

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
Sad attempt at humor

Actually Marburysexual he is the problem. He cant keep anyone out of the paint, letting teams breakdown our D. He doesn't have a great TO/Assist ratio and he isn't scoring like he used to. He is mediocre at best. We need a floor general who can get Curry and Randolph the ball while being able to keep opposing guards in front of him. I am tired of seeing him burned on one end of the court then brick a three pointer or turn the ball over in response. Lets face facts, Marbury HAD tremendous talent and athleticism but never had the the right head. Now his athleticism is is going and his head is still as bad as ever. If he could play smart he could be effective like Billups but he doesn't and needs to go. At this point I'd rather develop Nate and Collins then waste anymore time with this underachieving chump. I personally would package him with a good player of ours (bench) for a true point guard and be done with him. Let Italy have him.
your marburysexual comment, is a sad attempt to capture the already coined term Isiahsexual, you joke totally lacks any originality.
I just think the talent on this team, pulls in to many different directions. Everyone is a top dog, so there is no main guy with others supporting him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont believe Marbury is the problem. His defense hasnt been what I've expected so far. He did double team Zo leavin jayson williams open for the game winner in the heat game but I think hes still trying to work himself into a rhythm. I'll admit in 3 of the games he hasnt looked like himself. I thought Marbury was the best player onthe team from January on last season. He had some big games offensively and his defense was incredible. I couldnt believe the defense he was playing last year. Im sad to see that the Marbury era might be coming to an end. I hope he can be succuessful somewhere else proving all his asshole critics and all the haters wrong. I just hope that Mardy is ready to takeover the team. I like his defense and his composure but hes not a very good scorer yet.

I now realize that the Zach Randolph aquisition might of saved the Knicks from really embarrassing themselves this year. He is the best and most consistent players on the team and he makes things easier for easy Ed. I hope he plays tonight.

One last thing, I think Crawford has been the problem the last 2 games. He has got to be the worst defensive starting shootiing guard on any team in the league. Hes been very turnover prone also.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Why the hell would anyone replace Marbury for Williams? Williams sucks and is turnover prone and can't shoot...and is a terrible defender.

Marbury isn't the problem; stop using his as a scapegoat, its really played out.

He is tradeable, but for Brevin Knight and Jason Williams? Damn, you guys disappoint.

Marbury is one of the best assist men in the NBA, and has been that in the last decade. Not many guys are going to average 10 assist in the offense like the Knicks. You don't get many assist with Curry unless you got an open alley-oop. Curry is a black hole, once he gets the ball; you'll never see it again. If you're saying Marbury is selfish, then you need to watch more Knicks games.

Marbury consistently make poor decisions, doesn't make his teamates better, has a semi-retarded basketball IQ, and all those qualities become heightened at crunch time. There is a reason no one ever wins when he's on the team and why everyone gets better as soon as he leaves. Winning ball games is not just about stats (points, assists etc...) It's about character down the stretch. Marbury has none. He's a loser.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
One last thing, I think Crawford has been the problem the last 2 games. He has got to be the worst defensive starting shootiing guard on any team in the league. Hes been very turnover prone also.

Crawford is younger than Marbury, but he's another player that finds ways to lose.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i like marbury. i really do but this is a blessing in disguise. isiah wouldnt have gotten rid of him for any reason but for something like this to happen. he doesnt mesh with this team AT ALL. he needs to be on a team with a bunch of nobodys to succeed much like Iverson in Philly. he has a big contract so its hard to part with him but ive come up with a few trades scenarios. (ALL work in salary wise)

1. the original Kobe/Artest one.
LAKERS GET- Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, David Lee & 1st round pick
KINGS GET- Vladimir Radmanovic, Mardy Collins & Renaldo Balkman
KNICKS GET- Kobe Bryant & Ron Artest

Works for all teams.
Starting lineup: Curry/Randolph/Artest/Bryant/Robinson
Bench players: Morris/James/Rose/Jeffries/Chandler/Jones/Richardson
then signs Jared Jordan back.

2. send him to Philly!
76ERS GET- Stephon Marbury & Mardy Collins
KNICKS GET- Andre Miller, Kevin Ollie & Aaron McKie.

Billy King gets a needed star. Knicks get a true pg and expiring contracts.
Starting lineup: Curry/Randolph/Jeffries/Crawford/Miller
Bench players: Morris/James/Lee/Rose/Chandler/Balkman/
Jones/Richardson/Robinson/Mckie
then waive Kevin Ollie.

3. make him a King!
KINGS GET- Stephon Marbury, Renaldo Balkman, Malik Rose & Mardy Collins
KNICKS GET- Mike Bibby, Ron Artest & Kenny Thomas

Kings get a healthy pg. get rid of artest. young players and cap space.
Starting lineup: Curry/Randolph/Artest/Crawford/Bibby
Bench players: Morris/James/Lee/Thomas/Jeffries/Chandler/
Jones/Richardson/Robinson

also a breakdown of who would be interested...

Takers?
Atlanta, Boston, Philly, Cleveland, Indiana, Miami, Washington, Dallas, Memphis, Seattle, Clippers, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, Sacramento

and those who would not be.
Passers? (no pun intended)
New Jersey, Toronto, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Orlando, Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Denver, Portland, Minnesota, Utah, Golden State, Pheonix

OVERALL ANALYSIS-
I see it either smoothing over or him getting bought out of the most likely scenarios in which case he could land anywhere.. and most likely Boston or Dallas. But if a trade was to occur I really see Philadelphia, Miami, Sacramento as the frontrunners with Dallas looking at the situation.