Blockbuster Trade: Stephon Marbury in NY!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
this just came in!!
damn!!!!!!!!! :afro: :afro:

Isiah Thomas has upgraded the Knicks point guard position in a way that New Yorkers have only dreamed about: Brooklyn-born Stephon Marbury is returning home. A league source told the Daily News that the Knicks were prepared to announce a blockbuster deal that would bring Marbury and Anfernee Hardaway from Phoenix to the Knicks for Antonio McDyess, Charlie Ward, Howard Eisley and the rights to former second round pick Milos Vujanic. The deal could be announced as early as this afternoon.
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/breaking_news/story/152034p-133927c.html

allan20

Benchwarmer
say whoa???
holly shit! you gotta love thomas, last time i felt this good was when layden was fired

necrom33

Rookie
GREAT GREAT Trade

Finally, a superstar back in New York. We haven't had one since Ew left. Marbury should makeup somewhat for KVH and Housless' 4Q shortcomings. I think there MIGHT be a slight problem with sharing the ball since Marbury is a shoot-first PG, but with Fwill backing him up there should still be enuff touches to get Housless involved in the offense.

Getting rid of Eisley's contract.... wow... I'd NEVER thought that was possible.!

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
we got rid of eisley? this is the best day of the year! Marbury!, Hardaway! oh this is to good to be true
to bad for williams, he just started to show us some game, i hope chaney won't forget about him

i wonder what jersey will stephon get? will he get the #3?

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
okay, so we have no dice (we should have seen more of him), no ward, no milos (the wait os over), but not even lampe (should have seen more of him)? i have a bad feeling about the last 2 of them, i know they'll become great , both of them but for now i'm excited abouyt marbury.

anyway, i love you zeke!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Several media outlets are reporting that the Suns will re-aquire forward Antonio McDyess, guards Howard Eisley and Charlie Ward, the rights to Milos Vujanic and two first round draft picks in exchange for guards Stephon Marbury and Penny Hardaway. KTAR is reporting that center Cezray Trybanski will be a part of the dea, as well.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/reporters_notebook.html

aight, this is official enough for me

Bruno

Benchwarmer
LOL. The Knicks are in playoff and they play in the playoffs with Sixers and Sixers win 4-3 , lol . The GM is simple one of the bests if not the best in tha league . And what team will have the Suns ? Congratulations for Knicks .

jasperjay

Rookie
This says it all

Steve Popper of MSG writes:

"Here are the components of the deal: Marbury, Penny Hardaway and Cezary Trybanski come from Phoenix to New York and the Knicks package just about everything that wasn’t nailed down back to Phoenix. Antonio McDyess, Charlie Ward, Eisley, Maciej Lampe, the rights to Milos Vujanic and a pair of first-round picks depart.

And really, the only thing that the Knicks regret are the draft picks. McDyess has shown himself to be far away from the player he was before the injuries, uncertain if he’ll ever get to that level. Ward was a valuable piece, but only a bit piece. Eisley was a marginal player with a debilitating contract. Lampe has impressed no one in practice on a daily basis, least of all Isiah Thomas, who was soured on him after his first close-up view. And Vujanic, for all the hype, was assessed by one NBA scout as not even up to the level of Ward just this week."

Nuff said

Swishfm3

Rookie
And more to come

Just read this morning that Thomas is in the market for a Power forward now....

I expect a deal involving Thomas and possibly F.Williams or M.Sweetney

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
it better not be williams, got a link?
let's take a look at our lineup:

SG: Houston
PG: Marbury
C: Mutombo
PF: Thomas
SF: Van Horn

sweeeeeet :hump:

Bruno

Benchwarmer
Damm. Sometime your team will be best of Sixers . What a GM your team have . Starbury and Houston in the same team nice . And sometime your team it would be the next lakers(uuuu) WITH ALL STARS , lol.

$heek

Rookie
Isiah Wants Rasheed

I hear Thomas wants Rasheed for Van Horn
The blazers wan tto get rid of rasheed before he becomes a free agent, and the blazers are looking to aquire Van Horn.

allan20

Benchwarmer
heard about it, but i think the deal was invloving thomas, not van horn
rasheed is a great player and could be a nice backup for mutombo, i'm just trying to imagine how will our roster list look in 3 months

Mondo

Benchwarmer
Thomas for Rasheed sounds good

Van Horn rarely loses his cool

Thomas already loses his cool alot and makes mistakes, Rasheed does too but he'll be a better player.

SpreeFan

Benchwarmer
here's a good one about the suns' draft pick

The Post has obtained the fine details of the heavily protected future first-round pick the Knicks have given Phoenix.
The Suns can't touch it until 2006. The Knicks keep it if they are 25th or better in the draft order. In 2007, they keep it if they are 24th or better. In 2008, they keep it if they are 23rd or better. The kicker is if the Knicks still have it by 2010, it goes to Phoenix, unprotected.
http://nypost.com/sports/knicks/44663.htm
:hump:

Bruno

Benchwarmer
Wallace is one of the bets players in tha league for me . And what i thing of the draft picks are that the knicks will having a old team if they continue trading draft picks .