Zach and Death in the Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I don't mean to minimize Zach's grief about his grandmother's death, but most professional athletes and coaches would suit up and play tonight. I understand missing the Miami game and the day of the funeral, but he should be on the court this week for these games other than the day of the funeral.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Looks like I was right and Zach understood that too. He has my total respect and sympathy (and so does Doc Rivers who lost his father and came back almost immediately)

metrocard

Legend
No one wants your respect, go home and stop making useless threads when its already being discussed in the other threads. You don't even know what a "professional athlete" is about. I'd like to hear your experience and back on it, besides sitting on a couch and watching a lot of ESPN.

Go ahead rant and bitch, no me importa. Randolph has every right to be with his family(family comes first), and you have to respect that in a man. God bless Randolph's grandmother, and the rest of the family who are suffering one of the biggest lost they can ever lose in lif, a grandmother.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
EVERY SINGLE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE I have ever heard of (and that includes coahes) that has lost someone very close to them has taken a few days off to be with their family and to attend the funeral. Then they returned to the team quickly. Doc Rivers is the latest example!

As I said in another thread, there must have been some communication problem between the Knicks, Randolph, and the press during the week because it sure sounded like Randolph was taking an open ended leave from the team. He supposedly also took a 2 week leave from Portland when he lost a "brother in law".

Given the press reports and his history in Portland, I don't think anyone that questioned his dedication if he took another 2 week or longer layoff would have been out of line.

Fortunately, the issue became moot when he returned early, went to the funeral, and then returned again the way a professional should.

Maybe you know a lot about professional athletes, but it's obvious you don't know much about winning/losing and having good character - as your support of Marbury and Artest proves regularly. (it usually doesn't involve beating women close to you, asking interns to have sex in a truck - especially while you are married, bailing out on your teamates, running into the stands to fight spectators, supporting dogfighting etc...)

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
(sigh)...why do we have threads like this? People are different...not everyone thinks like you or the next person. Maybe you weren't close to your grandmother but he obviously was and it hurt him. It's obvious that it's affecting his play. Somebody close this thread please...it's almost degrading...

Status
Not open for further replies.