Knicks Vs. Clippers

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The Knicks should have won tonight. There were alot of positives to take from this game. Zach for being away, had a moster game with 16pts and 19 rebs. Eddy played better at 16 and 12. The place we need to find more consistency from what I watched is our 1-3 positions. PG has to assist a minimum of 7-8 a game. When the Knicks had consistent ball movement, we went on a 20-4 run to get back in the game. When we over dribble, over think a simple game we got outscored 23-4. That 3 pts was the margin of error tonight. This team has Low post power. Right now it feels like the Knicks are scared to drive in any gear except 2nd. I personally feel like we're a 6spd. Lamborghini. It's time for us to rev up and rollout. The only difference between us and Boston is heart and comitment. Less selfishness and one on one play would vault us to the the top of the East.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i agree with all that. but im afraid a 7-8 assist per game player is not on this team. Marbury needs to be shipped out for Andre Miller if possible if not that then a package with him and either lee or balkman for Bibby and Artest. like the young guns but something needs to change. if we had chris paul or deron williams or raymond felton on this team we would win.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I sadly agree with your response that 7-8 assist guy isn't here. I wouldn't want to give up on Balkman or Lee, cause both guys are great players and off court ambassadors for this team. Jose Calderon woud be awesome, but the Raptors would never give him away. when we got Zach we should have tried to get Sergio Fernandez or Jarrett Jack. Man, I'm thinking we should try to reach out to lil' Earl Boykins!

L xx NYK

Rookie
Whoa Bac that up..

Wait a minute we have an 8 assist PG and his name Is Starbury. Listen Marbury needs to do his thing. Coming into the year I really thought he would give us 8-10 Dimes a game considering the low post monsters we have but, it has yet to come to fruition. I think we need to be patient marbury is confused and is not sure what is going on it seems. but once everything is clicking and the winning comes he will embrace his new role and we will see him drop 15pts & 8-10 Ast. consistantly if not than he has to go I agree.

Note: Marbury is 1 of only 4 players to average 20pts and 8 ast for his career in NBA History. It's just unfortunate that in the past he was on good teams that had injuries to key players ok. Marbury will either come through or get cut i guess in the long run its a win win situation. Kind of i guess.

Kiyaman

Legend
Had to check the Box-Scores

I fell asleep at Halftime, whatever took place in the Knicks lockerroom at halftime resulted in a 9-point 3rd-Quarter (to Clippers 22 points).

The start of the 3rd-Quarter is where the Knicks been losing 85% of their games in the last 4 years (Head Coach Fault for never having a 2nd-Half Plan).

The talent on the Knicks Roster is equal to that of the L.A. Clippers roster.
The Knicks controversy the past two days with starting PG-Marbury was supposed to be settled in this game with Marbury scoring above 20 points, handing-out 10 assists, 2 steals, and 1 turnover for a Knick WIN in double figures over the L.A. Clippers. But.......
Head Coach Isiah Thomas & PG-Marbury does not know how to take care of bussiness at hand on the court, and this game proved that by repeated WHIPPING in the 3rd-Quarter.

The 1-8 Seattle Sonics got their first WIN this season over the 1-7 Miami Heat...

The only positive I saw out of this game was the same old lets get down by 20 and mount a come-back that we never seem to finish. I love the heart the guys show to so to speak "stay in the fight" but dam I'm sick of losing! We could have won, should have won, but the fact is we didn't. Marbury played with good defencive effort, Crawford still can't play D and he didn't show up untill the 4th quater, Q looked OK except for his shot, Zack was out of sink, but still came up large, Eddy seems to be making a better effort on the glass and on D witch I'm personaly loving, Lee was the normal reliable guy he always is, and Jeffries,Jones and Nate played their minuts well. There is still hope for this team right?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I thought Marburys defense was great. He knows how to stick with his opponent and really frustrate them by always gettin a hand in their face. I thought Mobley charged into him on the final play when he knocked down the mid range shot. I know some of you are going to interpret it as Marbury playing poor defense but I dont think that was the case. He is the best defender on this team along with Q-rich and balkmen. If Zachs shot wasnt off the Knicks would've had this game. Im still wondering why Mabury lost his starting job when Crawford played 41 minutes, shot 4 for 12 and had 5 turnovers.

Toons

is the Bo$$
really n truely, i was disgusted the way we played this game....the energy level was too low for a team on the road...in order for to achieve half court success, we need an intellegent point guard...marbs not that guy. we shot only 7.7% from 3pt. ...Zach had rebounds yes...he also had 18 touches, made 5 of them....5/10 is good 4 me...5/15...err....but zach...5/18....needs to do better Zbo...curry needs to come off the bench....he cannot retain his intensity and carry it to the second half....
collins
crawford
qrich
zbo
morris

marbs
jones
balkman
chandler
curry

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Im still wondering why Mabury lost his starting job when Crawford played 41 minutes, shot 4 for 12 and had 5 turnovers.

isiah trying to put out a message to the team i guess, u dont play to ur full potential, u going get benched, even curry looks different out there

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Looks, it's all just more of the same thing we saw last year. When they have a lead and the other team makes a late run, they can't resist it. When they make a big run, they can't get over the hump. This has nothing to do with talent. They put a deeper and more talented team on the court yesterday and against Miami and lost both games. It aso has nothing to do stats and fine line analysis of their individual performances.

The good teams find ways to win against similar opposition in those tight games late. They hit some key shots, make great decsions, tighten up the defense a notch, get the key boards, don't make turnovers, don't make any fundamental errors etc...

No one is expecting them to win most of the tough ones against the Spurs, Suns, Mavericks etc... They are better teams. They should win most of them against second string and third string teams, but they can't and don't.

It's a matter of character PERIOD!

You need players that rise up to a challenge and perform better under pressure and not players that feel the heat and make mistakes and allow their game to deteriorate because of it.

All the stats and athletic ability in the world can't win games if you are LOSER in your head.

We have a few too many losers on this squad and no real leader that can rise up and take control AND DELIVER when it counts!

Why dosen't Crawford get benched?, because Mardy's hurt,Balkman's hurt, Jones wasn't playing well(turnovers) and Nate plays the same kind of D. No I don't think its right when everybody elese gets yanked off the court for poor D, but what else is your favorite coach supposed to do?:) I would have Q play the 2 and have Jeffries and W.Chandler split time at the 3 maby give Lee some time at the 3 as well.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
word son i was thinkin the same about Chandler, he should get some minutes. I dont think DLee can play the 3, someone pointed out he dont have the lateral quickness which i think is true. He cant guard Caron Butler, Richard Jefferson, paul Pierce, Lebron, Tayshuan, Danny Granger, and many other small forwards. They are too quick for him. I like the idea of Q playin the 2. Hes not as quick as other 2 guards but hes a good defender and hes jacked so hes got his advantages and disadvantages.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Note: Marbury is 1 of only 4 players to average 20pts and 8 ast for his career in NBA History.

Here we go again with the career stats. You need to remember, there is no stat for effort or heart. Those are qualities that are only measured in the eyes of the fans and coaches.

KG has never won just like Steph, BUT we all know which one brings maximum effort and heart every game.

I hope you get my point.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Here we go again with the career stats. You need to remember, there is no stat for effort or heart. Those are qualities that are only measured in the eyes of the fans and coaches.

KG has never won just like Steph, BUT we all know which one brings maximum effort and heart every game.

I hope you get my point.

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

metrocard

Legend

I hope you get my point.

You're blind. Comparing one of the hardest working players in the NBA to Marbury doesn't really prove anything. What is heart exactly to you?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The third quarter in which they lost the lead and went down by 9 was not about poor defense, poor coaching it was about poor shot selection. People talking about why crawford was in for so many minutes and the knicks not having a 7-8 assist pg, Please shut up. Crawford played good defense in the clipper game, the knicks in general played good defense. Like I said defense wasn't the reason they lost. Crawford didn't shoot before the 4th quarter and if you guys didn't see the game, let me tell you, Crawford ignited the run which had us come all the way back. As far as 7-8 assist a game.. do you guys know what an assist is? The point guard giving the ball to a player in a position to score, prefably an easy score. If you saw the clipper game, you would have seen that Crawford while he was not shooting was doing this, just as Marbury was doing. Curry, Randolph, Richardson mainly were all given the ball where they like it at multiple times during the game, those guys just didn't hit the shots. Is it the point guards fault? what else do you expect them to do? I remember at least 3 times for curry and 5 times for randolph where they were given the ball with excellent position either in the paint(for curry and Zach) or 10 ft or so(for Zach) and they didn't do anything with it except miss the shot. Pleasse don't tell me thats Marbury and Crawfords fault...

Omg!!!!

Can anyone explain to me how Crawford gets awarded 41 minutes of playing time?

i agree with you totally. why all of a sudden is Thomas trying to put all the blame on steph. he has being doing what the coach has asked him to do, besides he is not the only one that has had turnovers in critical times in the game. i think Thomas is putting the blame on steph beacuse he needs a scapegoat and a way to buy himself some time!!!! he knows that the fans and players will turn against steph faster than any other player on the team. i really don't like Thomas, he sits steph on the bench after playing just FIVE GAMES!! i don't understand, steph has been the leading scorer on most teams he has played and now he leads this team in assists but he is still viewed a self-centered person that only cares about himself. i think he is the easy target and NOT the source of this teams problems by any means!!! It makes me mad to see how quickly theTEAM has turned on him!!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i agree with you totally. why all of a sudden is Thomas trying to put all the blame on steph. he has being doing what the coach has asked him to do, besides he is not the only one that has had turnovers in critical times in the game. i think Thomas is putting the blame on steph beacuse he needs a scapegoat and a way to buy himself some time!!!! he knows that the fans and players will turn against steph faster than any other player on the team. i really don't like Thomas, he sits steph on the bench after playing just FIVE GAMES!! i don't understand, steph has been the leading scorer on most teams he has played and now he leads this team in assists but he is still viewed a self-centered person that only cares about himself. i think he is the easy target and NOT the source of this teams problems by any means!!! It makes me mad to see how quickly theTEAM has turned on him!!

nah its really that stephon is not playing to his potential, he played great against the clippers, he was on attack the mode the whole game, b4 he will let scrubs get career nights off em and he wont do anything about it, a lot of times stephon would have the miss match and wont do anything about it and try to set up the offense

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
nah its really that stephon is not playing to his potential, he played great against the clippers, he was on attack the mode the whole game, b4 he will let scrubs get career nights off em and he wont do anything about it, a lot of times stephon would have the miss match and wont do anything about it and try to set up the offense

I partially agree with you, with the exception of the Clipper game he hasnt played his hardest but i dont think the letting scrubs have career nights part is all his fault. I pointed out to someone else that in the Cavs game Gibson was torching Nate R and Crawford while Marbury was on the bench. He did an average job against Jason williams, he couldve done better and Jameer Nelson is the one guy who really outplayed Marbury. Iverson got hot early and that was the end of that, it didnt matter what kind of defense anyone played.