Trades for Marbury.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Since I've been coming up with a lot of trade scenarios for Marbury and have been hearing quite a few as well. I thought it was time to dedicate a post to it.. even if they probably will never occur and he will probably stay with the team.

1: Andre Miller, Kevin Ollie & a resigned Aaron McKie.
Sending:
Stephon Marbury & Nate RobinsonBilly King needs some help.. this might be it. Marbury has drawing power and can step in still give them capspace but also contribute.

2: Mike Bibby, Ron Artest & Kenny Thomas
Sending:
Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Renaldo Balkman and Nate Robinson
Bibby/Artest both expire in 09 like Marbury but so does Malik Rose giving them 7 million more off the books with also two young players they covet.

3. Raef LaFrentz, Darius Miles & Jarrett Jack
Sending:
Stephon Marbury & Nate Robinson (or take off Jack completely)
This gives New York LaFrentz coming off the books still a young pass first guard in Jack and Miles who does good his first year with every team he plays for and a big upgrade at SF. This is a really likely scenario.. because of cap and GM's working ability. Id rather not take it though.

4. Ricky Davis, Jason Williams & Udonis Haslem.
Sending: Stephon Marbury & David Lee
I'd rather not do this as I dont really like any talent on that package especially with them all expiring next season. but Miami could use him and with strong personalities in the locker room hed never have a problem. A Curry/Randolph/Davis/Crawford/Williams lineup isnt that bad looking but im not too sure.

The Lakers in a weird way could get involved but highly unlikely, Dallas the same, Boston would take him but after hes waived, theres a few teams that would jump on this opportunity just cap regulations hurts those chances. remember these arent trades as a GM i would do.. but just the most likely scenarios. if i had my way..

Lakers would get Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, David Lee & a 1st rounder. Sacramento would get Vladimir Radmanovic and Renaldo Balkman and the Knicks would get Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest... but thats VERY UNLIKELY.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I pick 2 also but I would'nt trade Nate with Marbury to. Kings get Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Renaldo Balkman

Knicks get Mike Bibby, Ron Artest

I don't really want Artest on this team but if it gets Marbury out of town then do it.I would trade Balkman before Lee b/c imo Lee brings more to the table and can be a leader for this team for years to come and he would make this team get better every year..

metrocard

Legend
Lets keep in mind Marbury is better than all those PG's.

If Artest is in the deal, I would do it; if we trade Crawford also.

Raef LaFrentz, Darius Miles? EWW. Jarret Jack has limited abilities but is a SOLID PG, nothing more. You guys would rip him apart for not being "consistant"

Mantovani

Rookie
I'd take trade 2 or 4. I actually like Ricky Davis & Jason Williams. Haslem I'm not too sure about but I wouldnt complain if we could make either trade just to get rid of a bad apple in the team.

U.Haslem would be the best player in terms of needs on our team with his hustle, defence and rebounding followed by an inconsistant J-Will and another SF in the stable?

GetRealistic

Starter
Nobody will take Marbury. If we buy him out possibly the Heat would take a chance on him. But there not going to trade for Marbury.

clumsy

Rotation player
If no one wants Marbury a buyout is the stupidest thing the knicks can do. Can't we trade Curry straiht up for Okefor or some kinda package deal. I know i already posted this, but the salaries are similar, plus Emeka rejected his contract extension. That is a much better move in my opinion. It get's our most flagrant liability outta here.

GetRealistic

Starter
While Curry is more appealing then Marbury, you would have to be on Crack if you think the Bobcats would trade Okafor for Curry straight up.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
We are only going to get garbage for Marbury. Charlotte would never trade Okafur for Curry. Curry sucks! Nobody wants a center that is such a liability on defense no matter how good he is offensively. The best thing the Knicks can do is let Marbury's contract expire. If we have to trade Marbury, I pray Isiah is not the GM to orchestrate it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think the only team that might take Marbury is Sacramento, if we can package short contracts for long contracts.

Marbury, Renaldo Balkman, Fred Jones and Malik Rose

for

Bibby, Artest and Brad Miller

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4290732

This would relieve Sacramento of the long-term contact of Brad Miller and we would be able to get rid of the Marbury cancer.

Then just get rid of Isiah and the Knicks we will be heading in the right direction again.

By the way, did anybody hear the rumor in the Daily News that Isiah's job is in "serious jeapardy" and that he might be fired before the game tonight.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Trading Marbury is very possible. As specially after this season. He's got an expiring contract and 20-40 Million coming off the books (depending on when we trade him) is very appealing to a lot of teams. At the same time I'd like to see that money coming off of our books. But if Marbury is that much of an ass and absolutely must be traded, options 2 and 3 could work.

Option 3 may be more realistic and work in the benefit of both teams, while obviously option 2 would be the best for N.Y. but may be not as realistic.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Watch after 2 years Isiah just kills it and signs Marbury to a 3 year deal 100,000,000 Dollars. I could see that now.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
in feb 09... before then, highly doubtful....

get a fresh supply of towels, and let him sulk at the end of the bench...

I was all for Marbury until I read the Team is divided. There are options. Trading a bad contract for a group of bad contracts is possible. Tommy Dee from Real GM suggested signing Gary Payton and Eric Snow at the MLE. That's a thought.