Countdown to Christmas.

NYKnicks15

Starter
30 days away... you are probably asking yourself can this dude count right? or bah humbug i hate christmas! or hey, im jewish, this guy sucks. butttt hear me out.

DECEMBER 15th is 10 days before the actual day of christmas. BUT christmas will come early for us knicks fan. so lets all hope and pray isiah stays in office until then.. after that he can get tossed for all i care.

December 15th is the day all newly signed acquistions can be traded. so that means at that point everyone is available. and essentially that means the market is open and i bet you anything... that is the day Ron Artest comes home to the New York Knicks.

Love Ron or hate him, he is what this team needs. A tough, defensively minded, perimeter defending SOB. Not sure if Isiah will give in on his NO LEE or BALKMAN stand but it will get done. i feel it. we need it. id like marbury to come around and be here for that day but i have a feeling the deal will involve him. in fact i have a feeling itll be a large deal that also gets us Mike Bibby.

Watkins (shotblocker from SU) Thomas, Abdur-Rahim, Bibby and Artest for Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Fred Jones, David Lee & probably Wilson Chandler and Mardy Collins.

This works for both teams in many ways.

1. Salary wise.
Bibby, Artest come off in two years. Abdur-Rahim/Thomas in 3.
Marbury and Rose come off in 2. and Jones in 1.
were already capped out so who cares!

2. Talent wise.
They get a high talented pg so do we. and if it doesnt work buyouts are a possibility. They also get two young guys they covet. we get two seasoned vets we covet.

3. Problem solver.
They want to get young and want to get rid of Artest/Bibby/Miller. we want to get rid of Marbury and win now. hence the trade.

it works for both of us. and thats always the best scenario for a GM. a win/win.

KINGS
Miller/Hawes/Willaims/
Lee/Moore/Rose
Garcia/Chandler/Salmons
Martin/Douby/Jones
Marbury/Collins/Urdrih

KNICKS
Curry/Watkins/Morris/James
Randolph/Abdur-Rahim/Thomas
Artest/Balkman
Crawford/Richardson
Bibby/Robinson

and id resign Jared Jordan to fill in the spots.

thats my christmas wish. what is yours? and make them reasonable and realistic, no sarcastic (id trade the whole team garbage) THANKS!!!!:crossfingers:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
30 days away... you are probably asking yourself can this dude count right? or bah humbug i hate christmas! or hey, im jewish, this guy sucks. butttt hear me out.

DECEMBER 15th is 10 days before the actual day of christmas. BUT christmas will come early for us knicks fan. so lets all hope and pray isiah stays in office until then.. after that he can get tossed for all i care.

December 15th is the day all newly signed acquistions can be traded. so that means at that point everyone is available. and essentially that means the market is open and i bet you anything... that is the day Ron Artest comes home to the New York Knicks.

Love Ron or hate him, he is what this team needs. A tough, defensively minded, perimeter defending SOB. Not sure if Isiah will give in on his NO LEE or BALKMAN stand but it will get done. i feel it. we need it. id like marbury to come around and be here for that day but i have a feeling the deal will involve him. in fact i have a feeling itll be a large deal that also gets us Mike Bibby.

Watkins (shotblocker from SU) Thomas, Abdur-Rahim, Bibby and Artest for Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Fred Jones, David Lee & probably Wilson Chandler and Mardy Collins.

This works for both teams in many ways.

1. Salary wise.
Bibby, Artest come off in two years. Abdur-Rahim/Thomas in 3.
Marbury and Rose come off in 2. and Jones in 1.
were already capped out so who cares!

2. Talent wise.
They get a high talented pg so do we. and if it doesnt work buyouts are a possibility. They also get two young guys they covet. we get two seasoned vets we covet.

3. Problem solver.
They want to get young and want to get rid of Artest/Bibby/Miller. we want to get rid of Marbury and win now. hence the trade.

it works for both of us. and thats always the best scenario for a GM. a win/win.

KINGS
Miller/Hawes/Willaims/
Lee/Moore/Rose
Garcia/Chandler/Salmons
Martin/Douby/Jones
Marbury/Collins/Urdrih

KNICKS
Curry/Watkins/Morris/James
Randolph/Abdur-Rahim/Thomas
Artest/Balkman
Crawford/Richardson
Bibby/Robinson

and id resign Jared Jordan to fill in the spots.

thats my christmas wish. what is yours? and make them reasonable and realistic, no sarcastic (id trade the whole team garbage) THANKS!!!!:crossfingers:

I hate to be the Grinch but that trade will never happen. I don't see Thomas trading Lee for Artest or Bibby. If I'm right and Thomas doesn't budge on moving Lee then there's no benefit to the trade for the Kings. Expiring contracts for expiring contracts don't add up.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i think gettin artest is a must if keep losing though the last two games, the defense is not the reason we losing

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
F*ck Bibby. Hes a couple steps down from marbury. And F*ck Jason williams, He aint on Marburys level. I had to add that cuz i know that cockwart from Virginia is gonna bring him up once he replies. Just cuz hes from the same town as you doesn't mean hes better then Marbury. If Marbury gets traded, it should be for a better point guard. Bibby and jason williams both suck. I consider Artest to be a better version of Q-rich so if they trade for Artest Richardson should be involved in the deal.

Is there anyway we can trade Curry and Crawford?

donchris

F*ck Bibby. Hes a couple steps down from marbury. And F*ck Jason williams, He aint on Marburys level. I had to add that cuz i know that cockwart from Virginia is gonna bring him up once he replies. Just cuz hes from the same town as you doesn't mean hes better then Marbury. If Marbury gets traded, it should be for a better point guard. Bibby and jason williams both suck. I consider Artest to be a better version of Q-rich so if they trade for Artest Richardson should be involved in the deal.

Let's presume for one moment that the reports are true and Marbury has divided the team. Thomas getting the feed back from the players and then playing Marbury 33+ minutes was a slap in the face. If this is the case, how can we win with Marbury. Keep in mind that I've supported both Thomas and Marbury from the beginning but at some point you've got to view this objectively.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!

Yeah, I am sorry to stump your knowledge about the Knicks. If you haven't noticed they are 2 out of the 3 best players on the knicks.... So who is on Marburys level?? TO? AI? WhO looking at an attitude perspective... I rather get a respective scrub on this team then have Marbury and his attitude (*Worse then Kobes*) on this team. It seems like every November Isiah and Marbury go at it. Marbury is just a waste of the point guard spot.

Maybe lookin back over the years in the future you guys will notice that Marbury was an unsuccessful NBA player.. Marbury played it to heart when he knew he was going to have a extension signing for the BIG Dollars, and then after the signing he got his guaranteed Millions in his contract he split in skill level, and knows whatever he does he will still be played his money. Thats why its a bad idea to sign SOME players to Multi year contracts. I guess money messed in Marburys head.

Why trade Curry now? He has developed more then he ever did from last year, and this year... He is a player that does turnover the basketball :teeth:
,but all developing centers do it. Give EC more time, he makes everything up at the offensive end.

Crawford. I see why people here are mad about him. HE IS one of the most inconsistant players that I have ever seen. one night he fits 36 the other 8.. Turnovers, THATS what he needs to improve on...I like Jamal, but I wont mind gettin rid of him for a better player.

Q-Rich I would love to trade, I said this before in a trade on him, he is injury prone, and he will never play at least 75 games out of 82 ever. Also he is inconsistant. Good defender...best one we have, but I think he should move on to another team....

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I disagree with you about Curry and Marbury, Im not even gonna get into Marbury (no homo) after the answer to our prayers thread but let me break down Eddy Curry (something opposing offenses have no problem doing). His rebounding ability doesnt worry me cuz the team is filled with other good rebounders like Zach Randolph who along with Dwight Howard is leading the league in rebounds per game.

Curry should see if he can get a deal with a WNBA team cuz he defends like a bitch. He needs to attack the ball, look to block shots and body up his opponent. Dwight Howard should not score 22 points against Curry. Yes, hes more athletic and hes somewhat quicker but hes very predictable. He stays within 8 feet of the hoop and the main way he scores is with dunks. All currys gotta do is put a body on him so he cant get to the rim. HE doesnt have to go that far, its not like hes gotta go out to the perimeter. He has no intangibles on defense.

Curry can only play good for a half of a game. He doesnt have the mental toughness to stay intense for an intire game. You avoided talking about his defense and Im not suprised. Thats what all Currysexuals do.

I wouldnt trade Q-rich unless if its for Ron Artest.

donchris

Regardless of Marbury's skill he's a problem. Thomas has no clue and clearly does not know what he's doing. What is the point of benching Marbury and allowing him to play nearly 40 minutes off the bench? We should cut our losses. Trade for Eric Snow or Gary Payton, bench Marbury and give him limited minutes (no more than 20 mins). It's just a mater of time before Thomas is out stead and Herb Williams is brought in full time. It sucks that it's come down to this but I don't see how we can win going in the same direction as last year.

Naturally nothing in NY is simple. Thomas is reportedly owed 24 million and Marbury 42 million. So I don't realistically see Dolan buying out Marbury and firing Thomas. It's just not going to happen. But we can get Snow or Payton with ease and significantly reduce Marbury's role to back up PG/SG. That is what his career has come to due to his own actions. Deal with it Steph!

Final thought: Once Jeffries/Richardson/Bulkman are at full health, the Knicks will have their defense. All that is missing is the PG.

NYKnicks15

Starter
1. expiring contracts for expiring contracts? did you miss the point?... marbury, rose, jones all expire in 2 years or less. thats 31 million off the books. the same summer that lebron, wade etc become free agents... while thomas, abdur-rahim dont come off til 3 years down the road. sacramento will be under the cap in 2 years. better than 3 ey?

2. im not saying that trade will happen exactly like that but it will happen along those lines. and if not that then a trade that at least gets us Artest. trust me.

last night was a showcase of our young guys. marbury too even. lee gets alot of playing time. marbury too. robinson. and for people (minus marbs) who were only getting 20 mins a game prior.. its a little coincidental wouldnt you say?

this team needs artest, artest needs this team and lets stop defending marbury PLEASE. i like marbury i really do. one of my favorite players in the nba. hes a ny native and hes a legend where i come from BUT he DOES NOT mesh with this team. the players here dont want him. the coach doesnt want him. the owner doesnt want him. then why would we keep him if he doesnt click with any of the personel? not saying the other players are all PLAYERS we should choose over marbury but if its MARBURY over all the other PLAYERS. then id take the players side.

NYKnicks15

Starter
sources say the knicks missed a deal with the Kings where an even Marbury/Bibby deal would have occured.. BUT, and this is coming to mind now after reading some other peoples input as well, did anyone notice how MSG announcers kept raving about Artest? saying hes the only player that can score 20 and keep his opponent from doing the same? kept calling him the Tru Warrior? kept stating how with Sacramento guard Bibby injured they only have on point guard? and right on cue started talking about how Nate Robinson could help that team?

hahah just found it funny. perhaps they are trying to get in the head of Artest and his team for that matter.