No trades are needed for this team

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Right now knicks supporters are suggesting trades for marbury. His trade value is at its all time lowest at the moment, and we want to trade him for a pass first point guard.

True, this would be good but it is not going to happen.

The most consistent rumour I hear on this forum is the trade bibby and artest for marbury, balkman, and lee.

This is a huge step back for our team, and something that I could not bear to watch.

Bibby is worse than marbury and a shoot first point guard. Who throws up about 5 threes a game. Artest can play great defence but he too throws up way to many threes and is erratic of the court.

Fans, imagine Bibby, Artest, and Crawford. How could randolph or curry possibly get the ball?

Trades are not the answer, a change in the starting lineup are.

Point Guard

Stephon Marbury

He needs to be given more freedom in this new starting lineup. More driving, less threes. He needs to take on a tony parker sort of game. Where he drives and if the layup is there, can take it. If not dish it to zbo or out to richardson. Mabury should be averaging 18/7 in this new lineup.

Shooting Guard

Quentin Richardson

Quentin needs to lose weight. But I like his defense so far this season. He will not be a vocal point of offence this season, but someone who is always available to have threes. He needs to rebound, and hustle. I expect hm to average 12/5

Small Forward

Renaldo Balkman

He needs to stop fouling. But Renaldo is very important to this team. Balkman has no offensive game. He is there for defense in this team. He needs to stay around the three and take the opponents main three shooter. I expect him to average 8/4/3/1/1

Power Forward

David Lee

Lee is an amazing rebounder. But in some games I have also seen some great passing ability and offensive position. He needs to start in my opinion, and be a vocal point on the boards, and improve his defence so he averages at least a block. I am expected a 12/11/1 season which could be a reach but given stater status is possible.

Centre

Zach randolph

A new position for zach, and one which i think he will relish. Zach can shoot the 15 footer and rebound great. He can also grab the offensive boards. Zach is our star player. Our franchise player. He needs to be given the ball. He also needs to block. I am expecting 24/12.5/2/1.

Bench

Eddy Curry

Needs to lose weight, which is the reason he drops off during the last half. He ass is way too big for the nba. He still needs to hustle on the boards and at least block a shot. His scoring has been good. And can come of the bench, and give us his quick scoring spurts. This is a huge important part of the game. Curry is not to play to often in the second quarter. We are going to save him for the third quarter which is the time when we are losing our games Curry should average about 16/6.

Jamal Crawford

Similar role to curry. Crawford is our 6th man. We are going to use him like Terry from dallas. Crawford his to find a better shot, and not to control the ball much which will decrease his turnovers. Should average about 15-

Nate robinson

Defence Nate. Nate has showing three point ability. He should be a main point on the tree. But should be dishing the ball alot more than marbury.

This knick team has the talent to be a playoff team. The maturity I do not know. Changes in the lineup need to be made, but trades will set us back further.

Thoughts?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think we would be better off trading Curry for another star rather than have him on the bench. If he is a Knick he needs to start. I do believe Zach is our best player and needs to become the focus. He has put up great numbers already. Think about when he is comfortable here allowing him to command the ball and dominate the game. We have yet to see him go off like he is capable.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I think we would be better off trading Curry for another star rather than have him on the bench. If he is a Knick he needs to start. I do believe Zach is our best player and needs to become the focus. He has put up great numbers already. Think about when he is comfortable here allowing him to command the ball and dominate the game. We have yet to see him go off like he is capable.

He is valued too high by us, and not valued enough by others to get traded.

NYKnicks15

Starter
are you on crack? or playing too much nba live? haha. im not being mean but this team HAS NO CHEMISTRY not a drop besides for Curry/Lee/Crawford/Robinson. there has to be moves made and not only that have you seen the past two years? or this year even? they just arent clicking man. you need unselfish players and besides for Lee, Balkman, Collins and Randolph i dont see a single one. a game cant work when everyone is taking 20 shots a night, not making a single one and have a max of 4 assists.

jzero29

Rotation player
I agree with nyknicks15

I totally agree, this team looks all out of wack, no real chemistry. P.S. Jamaal missed another game winning shot. shooting 9-27 (.333) and 2-9 (.222)from three, This can't happen if you want a winning team. Not only did he miss that shot to win in 1st overtime, he missed every shot he took in 2nd OT, at least 3 or more I lost track. This team goes as he goes, and he is still so inconsistent, when he shoots well, they do well, but as he has to many off games and goes cold a lot when it counts.

jzero29

Rotation player
Crawford did have good 4th

Crawford did have good fourth, he hit his only 2 3's in fourth, but he also took alot of shots to get his points in the fourth also. I just think he shoots way to much and it's great when he's hot, but he's cold so often. 9-27 is terrible. 2-9 3pters is worse, considering he hasn't had a good night all season from 3. He should just stick to mid range and driving. most of you will say, but he's a guard he should shoot 3's, but He's not a good 3pt shooter and you can't have him shooting 3's, making him an incomplete sg, He'd make a better pg, but he commits to many turnsovers.

mike291md

Rookie
Start at the top and move down

I'm probably not saying anything that hasn't already been said a million times, but the Knicks need to change from top to bottom to get better. It's getting to the point where I feel sick to my stomach watching them on T.V., especially since almost every game they are down by double digit points before halftime even starts. This team is a mess and it all starts with the owner, who has yet to fire Isiah Thomas. On paper, this team has the potential to be really good, but when you watch them it's embarrassing, and I don't know how much longer this can go on.

As far as trading goes, who can we trade? Our best trade bait is David Lee, and he is the one player that I'm proud to call a NY Knick. Sure, we can get Kobe in a packaged deal, then what? Kobe averages 30 a night, with no supporting cast, and eventually wants out of NY as well. Not to mention, 5 years down the road, he may be retired. I have always been a fan of trading for young talent you can build a franchise around rather than trading young talent for a guy who is on his way out.

Here is what is wrong with the team as I see it. They don't buy in to Isiah's coaching. Unless Isiah is preaching laziness, no hustle, and leaving men wide open for jump shots (not to mention easy drives to the hole), the team isn't getting it. So, it is time for a new coach with a new look. Someone who will light a fire under the Knicks and won't accept players leaving the team because they aren't starting. Herb Williams was a great bench player as a Knick, some of those players make the best coaches. Maybe he would be a fit? Just one suggestion.

Another problem, our starters have major issues. Each starter has the potential to be really good players, but also need to fix these glaring issues:

Center-Eddy Curry- does not jump and go for rebounds aggressively enough. Needs to work on free throw shooting, day after day. Needs to hustle down the court. Needs to learn how to defend against pick and roll and helping teammates on defense. Needs to stop committing dumb fouls (though some fouls called against him are ridiculous). Stop forcing shots, pass out when teams start doubling you in the paint.

Power Forward-Zach Randolph- I'm new to seeing him play everyday, so I don't have much to say about Zach. I like his rebounding, but he, like Eddy Curry, forces bad shots. Work in the paint more, don't try shooting 15 foot jumpers too much, you aren't Patrick Ewing, who could hit a jump shot consistently.

Small Forward- Quentin Richardson- Where do I start? Overrated defender, he barely blocks shots and forces good players to have bad nights, yet people talk of his defense like he is Bruce Bowen or Ron Artest. I don't see where his defense is so amazing, sorry. Next, stop shooting because you can't. How many open shots has he missed, a ton, and hes a starter in the NBA, unacceptable.

Shooting Guard- Jamal Crawford- So much potential and so little consistency. The consistency factor is the biggest fault, he is too streaky. He reminds me of Allan Houston when Houston would go on a tear and hit unbelievable shots. Yet, too often his streak is cold, but by far he is the best shooter on this team. Since he is streaky, that statement is a problem. Get a few players who can shoot consistently and you can still win with Jamal having off-nights.

Point Guard- Stephon Marbury- The team's biggest cancer, in my opinion. And what happened to his jump shot? It doesn't exist any more. He can't even hit an open shot now. When he first got here he was a 20 p.p.g. guy and had a decent jumper, especially from 3. Now every time he shoots, especially from 3, I can call 'brick' before he even releases it. He has shown potential in driving the ball but he still misses layups too much for an NBA player (or superstar as he says he is). He is getting worse and worse. I remember him trying to pump up the crowd when he first got here and now he is doing all he can to leave the team and the city he claims allegiance to. I don't care how much it costs the Knicks, eat his contract and find a guy who wants to consistently play hard and win. Steph's defense can be good if he tried, that's a big if. He looked great for a few periods in Sacramento, but like Jamal's shooting, it is only a flash.