Post your candidates for new coach/gm here

Starks

Starter
This hasn't really been discussed yet. Look at the Knicks schedule, and then come back to this thread....

Back yet?

Brutal isn't it? Realistically, this team can be 3-14 before Xmas. I don't think even Dolan would be able to accept that. (Especially given the fact he hasn't publicly commented on Thomas since he gave him that bone headed extension last year. Knicks are 6-22 since Dolan said this team will not lose sight of winning games lol)

I think the time is right to start thinking about who the next coach and GM should be. Dolan would not give the new GM full autonomy, like Omar Minaya has with Mets or Pat Riley has with Heat, so already the new GM has a major stirke against him by having to concede to Dolan.

For Coach, I want Greg Anthony. I know he has zero experience, but so did every other coach before getting their first job.

For GM, I just don't know who is available that would want to do their job knowing Dolan's hands are all over his work. Maybe Doug Collins is worth a shot.

Either way, can someone here list the available coaches and GMs that are looking for work? I'm having trouble finding this info

Starks

Starter
btw Jeff Van Gundy, Rudy Tomjonavich, Ric Carsile, Mike Fratelo are the only names I can think of as coaches that are available.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
As long as the GM has to be Dolan's bitch, the Knicks will suck. I want West, Colangelo, or Kiki and I'll trust them to make the coaching decision but of course that won't happen for the above reason.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
John Thompson...a no non-sense coach will choke slam any player out of line and will also facilitate the growth of Curry and Randolph. Its a long shot and it probably won't happen but a man can dream right?

John Thompson...a no non-sense coach will choke slam any player out of line and will also facilitate the growth of Curry and Randolph. Its a long shot and it probably won't happen but a man can dream right?

CO-SIGHN! I've said it since the day Van Gundy left that we should give the job to John Thompson. I think he'll get Curry to play like a NBA center should, he and Herb I think would make a good team.

I like Kiki as the GM just because he is a former Knick. We are the only team in the league that never hire or own former players for significant roles. But the problem is who the hell wants to work for Dolan?

clumsy

Rotation player
Who would want this Job right now at least at the GM Level. We have a mess of untradeable contracts, players that were expected to do so much more than they actually produce. There really aren't any moves a GM could make if we want to keep the players that the majority of us think are going to be good players one day

As a coach we have options.

clumsy

Rotation player
the only thing we have going for us is that Isiah will most likely never work in the NBA again....Although we want him GM'in some other team

illmatic

Rookie
JEFF VAN GUNDY!!! i would love to have him back as head coach shit if u think about it van gundy left... and ever since then we suck. and for gm just grab some random knick fan it'll be an improvement shit ill take the job

NYKnicks15

Starter
Id like Kiki as GM besides for the fact ppl dont acknowledge he made a bad decision in Kenyon Martin. but not something that he was at total fault for.

Id put Kiki in office and Van Gundy back on the side lines. theyd make the right trades necessary and would have this team whipped into shape. as painful as the process would be. it has to be done.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I would not want Jeff Van Gundy as coach. He's too defensive minded and not enough offensive. Look at what he did with the Rockets. Then again, maybe Jeff Van Gundy would be a good starter coach and then when the team gets good defensively, replace him with a better offensive coach.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Before the season started I was actually disappointed that Orlando got Stan Van Gundy. If it weren't for that extension Isiah received, SVG could have been an option and would have been great fit. I was impressed even more with how he quickly turned Orlando into an Eastern powerhouse in just a few games. Well but to answer your question, I'd go for either Jeff Van Gundy or Rick Carlisle to replace Isiah. This team needs a coaching change BADLY apart. This isn't necessarily because Isiah is technically a bad coach. It's just he doens't seem to have the connection anymore with his players. There's no motivation anymore from the team. This season could be even more disappointing than the 94 finals. There were all high hopes for this season to be a comeback for the Knicks after several mediocre seasons, and once again we were wrong.

paris401

Starter
I would not want Jeff Van Gundy as coach. He's too defensive minded and not enough offensive. Look at what he did with the Rockets. Then again, maybe Jeff Van Gundy would be a good starter coach and then when the team gets good defensively, replace him with a better offensive coach.

i agree we have too much "D" already.. we only allowed the warriors 108, and we def have too much 'O', scoring 82 ...

i say let things remain as they are...why rock the boat when things are going so well...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I dont know if it can get any worse with Isiah as Coach and GM of the Knicks, he has definately crossed the line. He does not know how to control a team.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
i agree we have too much "D" already.. we only allowed the warriors 108, and we def have too much 'O', scoring 82 ...

i say let things remain as they are...why rock the boat when things are going so well...

I didn't say that we had too much defense or offense. The Knicks suck at everything period! The best coach in the world couldn't right this ship. The change needs to go straight up to the front office starting with the owner, at least his mentality in how he runs things. In other words, Dolan...you need to start a new hobby and let the professionals run this team.

pat

Starter

Yeah! and tell van Gundy beforehand. Sorry, I heard more clever things before. Also basketball doesn't work like this. Once the coach changes the things the old one introduced will be lost again.